March 4th, 2010

Pentagon Shooting: Join the AC360° Live Chat

We're following breaking news at the Pentagon where a man has opened fire and wounded two police officers. The police fired back critically wounding the suspect. We'll have the latest developments. Plus, killer waves hit a cruise ship in the Mediterranean. How did it happen? Could the captain and crew see the danger?

Want to know what else we're covering? Read EVENING BUZZ

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

Filed under: Live Blog • T1
  1. Cessy-Chicago

"re-design the chicken? Still a chicken, just fatter?!?

March 4, 2010 at 10:14 pm |
  2. Casey Jones - Palm Springs, CA

Food Engineering = Cancer. Food Engineering = inhumane treatment of animals

March 4, 2010 at 10:14 pm |
  3. Nicole from the Netherlands

So sad so very sad this video about the animals. This is happening to animals and with animals everywhere. I have seen this kind of videos from The Netherlands, Germany, United Kingdom. I Have become an vegetarian 21 years ago. I don´t want no part in this, I can´t handle the thoughts about how the meat landed on my plate. A safe way for your food, a vegetarian way?! Or is that to radical? The profit always rules, and the animals, they don't have a voice. and the planet doesn't have a say either

March 4, 2010 at 10:13 pm |
  4. Joseph

This guy has excellent view on the situation, he should make the film.

March 4, 2010 at 10:13 pm |
  5. Cessy-Chicago

@ Meghan. Thanks. I was caught off guard when I turned the TV on. I would think the Pentagon will be safer after 911. Havent been back to Washington in years!

March 4, 2010 at 10:12 pm |
  6. Emily

@Eliza, AC360°

Nice to see you on the blog tonight.

Food Inc was the only film that I saw in the theatre in 2008.
    It was a great movie, I think.

March 4, 2010 at 10:12 pm |
  7. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

@Kim- Ohio, "...it's hard to watch...turns my stomach..."

You know what they say Kim, if you can't watch it being made, you shouldn't be eating it.

March 4, 2010 at 10:12 pm |
  8. starr, formerly known as vincent

@Gabriela, Nicaragua- had a good day today, thanks fo asking.

This story on the animals however, is making me sick!

March 4, 2010 at 10:12 pm |
  9. BettyAnn, Nacogdoches,TX

I loved the piece Gary did on the Black Beauty Ranch in TX. I have humane education classes and took hundreds of children to that ranch to learn. You have to have a special permission to go there. The animals aren't exploited for human entertainment. It is a wonderful place! I even took some coyotes there for rehabititation. What a great piece! Thanks GAry!

March 4, 2010 at 10:11 pm |
  10. Emily

@ Cessy,

"I would think that after 911, security at the Pentagon has improved"

It sounds like it has! The officers are going to be fine, the gunman was critically wounded, and was not able to get passed the officers.

Sounds like a job well done to me.

March 4, 2010 at 10:11 pm |
  11. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Eliza,
    I have seen this before.... I agree with you.

March 4, 2010 at 10:11 pm |
  12. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Right, show some respect for the food supply!

March 4, 2010 at 10:11 pm |
  13. Jennifer - AZ

Evening Anderson and everyone,

This story makes me sick. I don't have a problem with eating meat, but those men are just cruel. I was recently reading an article on this subject and the social and environmental responsibility of supporting farmers and meat providers who apply ethical practices. It's cheaper to buy from the unethical ones in the short term, but in the long term the consequences will cost us.

March 4, 2010 at 10:11 pm |
  14. Paolo

That story on a lack of inspections is just sick.

March 4, 2010 at 10:11 pm |
  15. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

PETA as well as the HSUS has shown many of these types of films before. This is not surprising to those of us who are vegetarians. Many of us are vegetarians because we love animals.

March 4, 2010 at 10:10 pm |
  16. David, Indiana

Good evening Anderson, Isabel, Emily, Starr, Megan, everyone. It's a reilief to find out that the Pentagon security officers were only grazed in the shooting incident earlier this evening. Glad the suspect is in custody, hopefully he recovers from his injuries and they can find out what was motivating him.

March 4, 2010 at 10:10 pm |
  17. Elise

What about grass fed beef?

March 4, 2010 at 10:10 pm |
  18. Donna DuVal

Scarry news about the meat problem. I just finished my nightly bowl of lentil stew with "fake meat". Never had a recall on Meal Starters-found in the frozen food section. Better for you-better protein. Hmmmmm.

March 4, 2010 at 10:10 pm |
  19. Devin

I feel realy lucky that I can have beef that is from a small scale farm were they can move around! people should support local farmers more and it will help everything from your health to economy

March 4, 2010 at 10:09 pm |
  20. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Mike,
    I agree with you, Fish is real safe than other animals. I remember I was shock it was E-coli has real bad disease few years back, They aren't safe at all.

March 4, 2010 at 10:09 pm |
  21. Cessy-Chicago

I enjoy watching Tom Colicchio!

March 4, 2010 at 10:09 pm |
  22. Emily

Great to see Robert Kenner on the show tonight! 🙂

Looking forward to this interview. 😛

March 4, 2010 at 10:08 pm |
  23. D..J.

How awful with this shooting at Pentagon and how many other crazies out there. And why don't we have more inspectors with our food. Like everything else today greed and corruption.

March 4, 2010 at 10:08 pm |
  24. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Right, show them some respect!

March 4, 2010 at 10:08 pm |
  25. Kim- Ohio

@ Mike...me too...I don't even like fish!!!

@Jo Ann...it's hard to watch...turns my stomach...

March 4, 2010 at 10:08 pm |
  26. lori

Hello Anderson and everyone!

This story on beef is making me sick. We had hamburgers last night. Yuck.

March 4, 2010 at 10:08 pm |
  27. Mike, formerly from Syracuse

Why do the government people side with slaughterhouses? One would think they would get rewarded based on finding more not less.

March 4, 2010 at 10:08 pm |
  28. starr, formerly known as vincent

Another excellent story by Gary Tuchman!

It is tragic that animals are treated so badly, you'd think there would be more respect at the time of their death. After all, they are sacrificing their lives to become our food!

I am deeply discouraged that Not Many of our regulatory agencies are working the way that they should.

Again, no one seems to care about the American people and Food is an important issue!

March 4, 2010 at 10:07 pm |
  29. BettyAnn, Nacogdoches,TX

I was in humane rights for animals for over 20 years. I have seen these calves. They are veal mostly and are fed a horrible diet to make them sick but their meat tender. I have seen them actually kicked through a auction barn to the slaughter house.
    Go Gary! If you knew how food animals were raised, most people would be vegetarians. It is so inhumane. inexcuseable!!!

March 4, 2010 at 10:07 pm |
  30. Eliza, AC360°

Glad I didn't have meat for dinner. Have you guys seen Food Inc.?

March 4, 2010 at 10:07 pm |
  31. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

@Cessy,
    Guman was walking through shot 2 officers and shot fired back guman. might have breach security.

March 4, 2010 at 10:06 pm |
  32. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

I have seen these things before, I can't watch them.

Paul McCartney, a dedicated vegetarian, once said, "if there were glass walls on slaughterhouses everyone would be a vegetarian."

I am so glad that I am one of them!

March 4, 2010 at 10:06 pm |
  33. Mike, formerly from Syracuse

I'm switching to fish.

March 4, 2010 at 10:06 pm |
  34. Gabriela Vaughan from Nicaragua

Hi and Good evening Anderson, 360 Crew, Emily, Megan D, heather, Dodie, Isabel, Starr and everybody!!!
    I hope you all had a great thursday!!!

March 4, 2010 at 10:06 pm |
  35. Emily

I saw Food INC in 2008. It was an eye opener.

March 4, 2010 at 10:04 pm |
  36. Devin

I manly eat local food from local farmers its good!

March 4, 2010 at 10:04 pm |
  37. Paula, Colorado

Anderson,
    Hi! The program sounds like an interesting one tonight.
    It's good to hear the officers survived the incident at the Pentagon.

March 4, 2010 at 10:04 pm |
  38. Cessy-Chicago

I would think that after 911, security at the Pentagon has improved. guess not.

March 4, 2010 at 10:03 pm |
  39. Kim- Ohio

How awful...the shooting. Thoughts are with the families of the officers.

March 4, 2010 at 10:03 pm |
  40. Emily

Glad to hear that the Pentagon Officers are going to be okay.

March 4, 2010 at 10:03 pm |
  41. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Guman is no real emotion at all? Nothing to say just shot 2 officers, I never seen gunman would have breach security without knowing.

March 4, 2010 at 10:03 pm |
  42. starr, formerly known as vincent

Good evening Anderson & Team 360.

Hello, David, Isabel, Emily, Dodie, Devin, Megan, Casey, A. Smith, Mike, everyone.

WoW, what a day1

March 4, 2010 at 10:03 pm |
  43. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Thank God that they are alright!

March 4, 2010 at 10:02 pm |
  44. Cessy-Chicago

whoa! what brought this pentagon shooting?

March 4, 2010 at 10:02 pm |
  45. Emily

Good evening Anderson, Briana, Kira, Devna, 360Team, Megan, Starr, Gabriela, Dodie, Mike, David & Isabel, Jo Ann, Gloria, Casey, Adelaide A.Smith, & Bloggers!

An evening for "Breaking News"....

Food Inc was an interesting movie.

March 4, 2010 at 10:01 pm |
  46. Cessy-Chicago

good evening everyone! Hope you all had a good day.

Hi Anderson 🙂

March 4, 2010 at 10:01 pm |
  47. Isabel Siaba

Good evening, Anderson!

Hello David (Indiana), Megan, Starr, Gabriela, Emily and everyone!!

March 4, 2010 at 10:00 pm |
  48. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Helloooo Anderson, Poppy, Megan, Jessica, Candy, David G, Ed Henry, Kim, Emily, Gloria, Dodie, Mike, Casey, Milan, Vivan, Gabriela, Cessy, Paula, Isabel, David-Indiana, JoAnn, Monica, Kathy, Gayle, Renee, Caroline, Danie, Lori, Adelaide, BettyAnn and my friend Twitter/Facebook Bloggers!!!!
    Thanks for coming in to join us tonight! 😀
    The shootman is custody now in jail after shooting at Pentagon, we don't know how to answer, Tonight what they will found answer.

March 4, 2010 at 10:00 pm |