February 19th, 2010

AC360° Producer

Filed under: 360° Radar • Haiti Earthquake • Ismael Estrada
  1. david k

this is so sad

February 22, 2010 at 5:21 am |
  2. meal

I heard from Pastor Lewis from Hati today. That a lot of this money is not reaching the people!!!! Its this money is getting to the wrong people and the ones in need are not getting aid!!

Is this what you are seeing too???

February 22, 2010 at 1:41 am |
  3. Maryalice Tomei

Hello Anderson & Gary!
    If you haven't yet, do read Mitch Albom's three-part series on his visit to Haiti–Detroit Free Press, February 18, 19 & 21–I know you will both relate–especially his last paragraph of the 3rd piece...keep us remembering...
    Maryalice

February 21, 2010 at 10:54 pm |
  4. Cynthia Rigaud

As a Barbadian/American citizen who has lived in Haiti during the "Baby Doc" years, it saddens me to see the destruction of Haiti. I am also saddened by fellow Americans who believe that they have the right to enter Haiti and remove children without proper documentation. They could not attempt it in the USA, so what makes them believe that they can do it in Haiti?

February 20, 2010 at 11:45 pm |
  5. Kat Kennedy

There r no words 2 express! Keep up with all the good & hard work ALL of u's @ CNN. Thank u's!!!!

February 20, 2010 at 8:58 pm |
  6. tatiana

Thank you for keeping the spotlight on haiti.

February 20, 2010 at 7:13 pm |
  7. Denise Barlow

These children are so sweet. And they have to endure so much. Thank goodness for organizations like the Red Cross and UNICEF to help out. Many thanks to all the people who do want needs to be done to care for these adorable children.

February 20, 2010 at 3:24 pm |
  8. AnnieBeGood, Durham, NC

Anderson,
    What happened to Bush's commitment to Haiti? Was he around to carry on the work when Clinton had his heart issues? Have I missed his involvement since the photo op at the WH? I guess his 'MISSING ME..,' bumper stickers, could apply to Haiti. Yup, missing him a lot.

February 20, 2010 at 5:45 am |
  9. Ryan

Anderson Cooper & the AC 360 Team,

One, I want to thank you for your fantastic reporting on the facts and maintaining the integrity of broadcast news. Specifically to you, Anderson: you are truly the reason why I want to become a journalist. That might just be the grandest cliche I have ever typed =).

Two, and the main reason why I wanted to write here, is there ANY possible way to send a care package to Haiti? I know that there is a push for monetary donations right now and, despite having done that, I want to be able to help in a situation which I know is very dire and horrific with more than just my bank account. I am a college student (and thus have very little collateral in the way of money) and can only do so much. If there is no forum in which I can send a care package, then I suppose monetary donations will have to do. However, I knew that if I came here, I could trust the information which you provide. I didn't know a better way to get in touch with you aside from this blog, so I am taking my chances.

Any help in guiding me on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for what you do.

Ryan Blesse

February 20, 2010 at 3:21 am |
  10. Maria H-Miami

Thank you, don't let us forget them.

February 20, 2010 at 12:01 am |