February 19th, 2010

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 02/19/10

Tonight on 360°, Tiger Woods' apology. Plus, one of the missionaries back home from Haiti is speaking out. We also have the raw politics of the Conservative Action Committee Conference. The GOP is planning a comeback, but due they need Tea Party support?

Want more details on what we're covering? Read EVENING BUZZ

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

Filed under: Live Blog • T1
  1. David, Indiana

As the reporting continues, it seems more like the Idaho missionaries were kind of misguided. If they'd gone a bit slower and worked with the orphanages already in Haiti and UNICEF and other organizations, they would still be helping.

I can see Eric Erickson's point about leadership, it has also to do with conservative concepts being articulated. Same can be the case for liberal ideas.

Where was Anderson tonight?

Liked the Arizona story best.

Good night Isabel, Emily, Starr, Megan, everyone. Great weekend to everyone

February 19, 2010 at 10:59 pm |
  2. Emily

Looking forward to your New show John King!

February 19, 2010 at 10:59 pm |
  3. LisaL -Canada

aww. cute zebra

and as for the gater, i'd be angry too if someone stuck a stick in my mouth to make me move

nite. have a great weekend.

February 19, 2010 at 10:59 pm |
  4. Vivian - Montreal

Good night all, have a GREAT weekend!
    Great job John King and Poppy!

February 19, 2010 at 10:58 pm |
  5. johnkingcnn

have a great weekend everyone ... see you soon at 7p eastern .. and back here again soon perhaps! be well.

February 19, 2010 at 10:58 pm |
  6. Emily

Have a great night & weekend John King, Poppy, Kira, Devna, 360Team, Megan, Starr, Gabriela, Dodie, Mike, David & Isabel, Jo Ann, Gloria, Casey, Adelaide Lori, & Bloggers!

Hope to see you all next week! (And that AC will be back)

I love that Dramatic Cat! 🙂

February 19, 2010 at 10:58 pm |
  7. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Good night John,(Anderson), Poppy, Megan, Jessica, Candy, David G, Ed Henry, Emily, Gloria, Dodie, Mike, Casey, Milan, Vivan, Gabriela, Cessy, Paula, Isabel, David-Indiana, JoAnn, Monica, Kathy, Gayle, Renee, Caroline, Danie, Lori, Adelaide, BettyAnn and my friend Twitter/Facebook Bloggers!!!!
    See you on Monday night, Have a great night & Sleep tight everyone!!! Have a great weekend! Thanks for coming in to join us tonight!
    Day of the shot with best shot Zebra on the highway!!!!!!! Awwwww, That's nice police officers protect Zebra!!! Thanks John!!! 🙂
    Thanks for coming in to join us tonight!
    Bye guys!!!!!!!!!
    Our president Obama loves Vegas!!!! That's so cool!

February 19, 2010 at 10:58 pm |
  8. Kim- Ohio

Good night all,,,,

February 19, 2010 at 10:58 pm |
  9. Kellie

Anderson you Rock with your coverage of Hati! No one else comes close.

February 19, 2010 at 10:58 pm |
  10. starr formerly known as vincent

Thank you and goodnight Mr. King & team 360. TGIF and have a great weekend.Mr. King, very good to see you again.

Goodnight fellow bloggers and friends TGIF to you too and have a great weekend1

A Zebra1 Sorry about the hooves, but am glad he is safe.

February 19, 2010 at 10:58 pm |
  11. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

I can't blame that zebra, he knows animals don't belong in circuses.

February 19, 2010 at 10:58 pm |
  12. Nancy in Oregon

I think Bill Maher hit on something though....why Haiti and not all the other incredible tragic situations in the world, equally important?

February 19, 2010 at 10:57 pm |
  13. Emily

@Vivian, I think that Amy Bishop is creep too!

February 19, 2010 at 10:57 pm |
  14. Devin-Amsterdam

Im so weird getting up so early for school! night Americans-Canadians

February 19, 2010 at 10:57 pm |
  15. Kim- Ohio

@Nancy...agreed, but in this situation they were talking about politicians. I just think there is so much pressure within the parties to vote a certain way that nothing gets accomplished.

February 19, 2010 at 10:56 pm |
  16. Nancy in Oregon

The lawyer probably just spoke the truth....she Amy Bishop clearly has a troubled past and present, and people have lost their lives as a result.

February 19, 2010 at 10:56 pm |
  17. Sabrina in Los Angeles

Very sad that things aren't going fast enough for the Haitian's.

Wish I could snap my fingers and it would be reset to perfect for them.

Atleast the airport is working a bit better.

February 19, 2010 at 10:56 pm |
  18. LisaL -Canada

@Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio
    @John King, "360 should be applauded for keeping the faith and keeping an eye on haiti."
    "I agree. I think Bill Maher was way out of line saying that the coverage of Haiti was excessive. Every report teaches us something new."

@Jo Ann
    I agree with your comment about Bill Maher. Although he is an intelligent often interesting person, I attribute his comment to a sense of personal boredome with the issue of Haiti. I don't think it's "his thing".
    @John King
    I am glad to see CNN continuing to follow what is happening in Haiti.

February 19, 2010 at 10:55 pm |
  19. A. Smith, Oregon

Poppy Harlow, John King, AC360, CNN Staffers, and fellow bloggers, Great Show, Thank-You and TGIF, wishing each of you another outstanding weekend!

February 19, 2010 at 10:55 pm |
  20. Mike, formerly from Syracuse

@Jo Ann, Tea Party members are more likely to be college graduates than in the general public too.

February 19, 2010 at 10:54 pm |
  21. Larry

omg its late. G'nite to everyone from everywhere.

February 19, 2010 at 10:54 pm |
  22. Claus

@JoAnn,
    I agree. Perhaps some don't want to admit independents are changing course.

February 19, 2010 at 10:53 pm |
  23. gretchen

As soon as the Democrats start remending America how we got in this mess in this country which started 8 years ago,this republican glee will be wiped off of their faces

February 19, 2010 at 10:53 pm |
  24. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

The Republicans need to look to people like Tim Pawlenty and Scott Brown and stay away from the Palin types.

February 19, 2010 at 10:53 pm |
  25. Vivian - Montreal

we are heading for Amy Bishop....she freaks me out! very creepy!

February 19, 2010 at 10:53 pm |
  26. Kellie

I don't buy Jim Allen story for a second. Everybody knows why the fake missionaries are not in jail right now. I doubt it if was the other way around if they would have be out so quickly.

February 19, 2010 at 10:52 pm |
  27. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

John and bloggers!
    I agree all of you!!! It is so awesome from Gary Tuchman!!! I think He is doing great job with kids and including Anderson too!!!!! I love 360 crew back to Haiti again! I wish I can help there. 🙂

February 19, 2010 at 10:52 pm |
  28. Nancy in Oregon

Oh my goodness, Kim...people don't have to get to DC to do that! And it isn't just politicians who lose track of their goals or values. I wish it were so! It'd be a lot easier to deal with it that only happened in one situation!

February 19, 2010 at 10:52 pm |
  29. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

I think the MSM is ignoring the fact that many of the "tea party" members are independents.

February 19, 2010 at 10:52 pm |
  30. Renee

Good night all! I have to see my Olympic Ice Dancing!

February 19, 2010 at 10:51 pm |