February 16th, 2010

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 2/16/09

Tonight we’re putting what some are calling the Broken Congress under the microscope. We’re also continuing our look at Republicans under fire from their fellow Republicans–for not being Republican enough. And we bring you a story about troubled adopted children.

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

Filed under: Live Blog • T1
  1. gretchen

That is true love,that couple who refuses to give up on that little boy,it just melts my heart to see that.

February 16, 2010 at 10:45 pm |
  2. Gerard Kelleher

I have 2 children from Chine a boy 6 and a girl 12. I can assure you they are quite well adjusted, and show no fallout from being adopted. The emothion we ffeel for our kids is no differebnt from that of biological kids

February 16, 2010 at 10:45 pm |
  3. Tom K

One thing about Bill Maher; his point aout corporate influence in government is dead on. And the Supreme Court recently legitimized the right of those immensly powerful corporations to spend huge amounts of money to get the legislation they want through campaign donations.

February 16, 2010 at 10:45 pm |
  4. Susan, NJ

Its possible that the people who gave the child up for adoption were troubled themselves.

February 16, 2010 at 10:44 pm |
  5. David

it's not a matter of discipline. Their body chemistry is just off.

February 16, 2010 at 10:44 pm |
  6. mark anderson

This story definitely makes you think twice about adopting.

February 16, 2010 at 10:44 pm |
  7. Julie

nathan, i have four kids and could't agree with u more.

February 16, 2010 at 10:44 pm |
  8. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

Such a great report by Gary. He was so gentle and understanding with Alec.

This is so sad, but an important story in light of the heightened interest in Haitian adoptions because of the quake.

February 16, 2010 at 10:43 pm |
  9. Susan, NJ

Who knows how the effect of orphange life affects these children.

February 16, 2010 at 10:43 pm |
  10. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

That little boy wants to know who his real parents are and who he really is. He wants to know his God's given history, so he acts out!

February 16, 2010 at 10:43 pm |
  11. Lori

What percentage of these kids are boys? Boys are very hard to raise and are reallly different from girls.

February 16, 2010 at 10:43 pm |
  12. Greg

That is sad for both the parents and kids that the kids they adopt can"t function in the homes. It was probably the greatest day when it happened and now the saddest day realizing you did everything you could and it didn"t help.

February 16, 2010 at 10:43 pm |
  13. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

I am thinking to pick best dog I have seen....... I pick 5th dog of front row! 🙂 I agree Karen and Cessy including Gloria!

February 16, 2010 at 10:43 pm |
  14. Heather - Spokane, WA

Whats really sad is that the case of these adopted kids being angry like this is very common. They are feeling anger because when they find out they are adopted they go through the questions of why they were put up for adoption and then start asking why their birth parents didnt love them.

February 16, 2010 at 10:42 pm |
  15. David, Indiana

If this international assassination team can be put together, why can't the person in question be apprehended and tried in a court of law?

February 16, 2010 at 10:41 pm |
  16. Emily

"Another Side of Adoption"

Unfortunately, this is not uncommon.

It's good that this side of the story is being told.
    Congratulations to AC360 & Tom Foreman to telling it will great dignity!

February 16, 2010 at 10:41 pm |
  17. Gabriela Vaughan from Nicaragua

I don't think that if a kid is having problems of misbehavior, it has something to do with the fact that if he is adopted or not, kids are kids, and it depends of how you raise them if they have this problems or not!!

February 16, 2010 at 10:41 pm |
  18. Dodie, Irvine CA

conducting a neuro-chemical test is very expensive. It is the nature vs nurture issue!

February 16, 2010 at 10:41 pm |
  19. Gerard Kelleher

There is an agenda and one year and a few monbths is not enough timw to be pondering such a rediculous question. They were voted in and after not even 18 months everyone is out for blood.

February 16, 2010 at 10:41 pm |
  20. CURTIS

Tom Foreman is a saint.

February 16, 2010 at 10:41 pm |
  21. Lori

There are some very famous people who have been left at orphanages by their parents, Babe Ruth was one. I wonder of the child got counciling before he was sent away.

February 16, 2010 at 10:40 pm |
  22. Karen, MN

So sad to see a young boy like Alec get so angry. I hope he is able to get help.

February 16, 2010 at 10:40 pm |
  23. michael armstrong sr. TX.

I had a kid like that and its hard to raise someone like that unless you display alot of hard love the torrmit is unbelieveble he turned out ok but he hates my guts now .

February 16, 2010 at 10:40 pm |
  24. Dodie, Irvine CA

I would check for neuro-chemicals in that child

February 16, 2010 at 10:39 pm |
  25. Judy

CIA, Assassins, Lethal Umbrellas....OMG. I'll bet that pen you keep clicking is a secret CIA weapon or something.

February 16, 2010 at 10:39 pm |
  26. nathan

and now we see what the handcuffing of parents has brought us to. You're not allowed to discipline your child unless it's about their "feelings" When I was young, i respected my parents and there was a healthy dose of fear if i broke the rules.

February 16, 2010 at 10:39 pm |
  27. Adelaide

Oh my! the anger in that kid is troubling.

February 16, 2010 at 10:38 pm |
  28. zack

oh wow that child is a trip

February 16, 2010 at 10:38 pm |
  29. LaSonya

Troubled adoptions is terrifying! OMG!

February 16, 2010 at 10:38 pm |
  30. Casey Jones - Palm Springs, CA

Does anybody remember "The Bad Seed?" How do you explain that?

February 16, 2010 at 10:38 pm |
  31. Kathy Chicago

I watch movies and TV shows about assassinations all the time, Intrigue, spies. I love them. Most are probably based on stories, true or not. It's not so great to see them live.

February 16, 2010 at 10:37 pm |
  32. Jade Elajami

Is this just another conspiracy? Another reason for Israel and America to find a purpose to go into war with Iran? Being an arab myself, I noticed that more than half of these suspects don't even look like they are coming from the Mid-East.

February 16, 2010 at 10:37 pm |
  33. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

@Anderson,
    I agree with you, It is very distrubing to me see this...... Good point Anderson.

February 16, 2010 at 10:37 pm |
  34. Heather - Spokane, WA

@JoAnn, I agree with you on that. It seems that that is all that is important to them right now or otherwise they would have gotten alot of things that we need done

February 16, 2010 at 10:37 pm |
  35. LaSonya

Vigilante killings is against the law. Well, it suppose to be.

February 16, 2010 at 10:36 pm |
  36. Saveena, Pennsylvania

For sure and for certain Dodie.

I am not one for cheering the killing of people but isn't it ironic that, "evil is killing evil." I do believe however, that the suspects in question used fake passports and that they are not really English, Irish and French. Passports from those different European countries was just another cover to get into the county probably.

February 16, 2010 at 10:36 pm |
  37. Derrick

Why can't our airports have camera coverage like that (i.e., the Dubai hotel)? We should hire the company responsible for maintaining the cameras in that hotel for work in US airports. Wow!

February 16, 2010 at 10:36 pm |
  38. Karen, MN

Must love dogs. They are all so......... cute how do they pick a winner?

February 16, 2010 at 10:35 pm |
  39. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

"Doggie dog day!"

February 16, 2010 at 10:35 pm |
  40. Cessy-Chicago

I pick.....5th dog, first row.

February 16, 2010 at 10:35 pm |
  41. nathan

@ Julie

You still have faith in the system at least, I lost mine years ago. I'm one of the large percentage of independents that just doesn't care enough to waste his time anymore voting.

February 16, 2010 at 10:34 pm |
  42. Casey Jones - Palm Springs, CA

"Preventive defense." Makes total sense and completely justified given the circumstances.

February 16, 2010 at 10:34 pm |
  43. LisaL -Canada

interesting – just like the movies, only real.

February 16, 2010 at 10:34 pm |
  44. Kimberly, IL

I wouldn't mind getting rid of political party systems all together. Most politicans don't conform perfectly within their party and there are even far greater Americans who do not fall perfectly into one party or another. I want a candidate to stand and tell me exactly what he/she believes in, not what their party believes in. I want to vote for someone because of THEIR views, not their party's view.

Too bad this will never happen. . . until then I will just continue to feel lost between the two major parties

February 16, 2010 at 10:33 pm |
  45. Dodie, Irvine CA

@ Emily

How about adjusting filibusters by making a time-limit on the discussion. Can you believe how a business could run if that happened? It would go bankrupted

February 16, 2010 at 10:33 pm |
  46. Paula, Colorado

Your discussion on the Hamas killing in Dubai is fascinating–as is the way it was documented.

February 16, 2010 at 10:33 pm |
  47. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Wow! That's so disturbing to me caught on tape, Hamas leader killed!!!!! I have seen this so much so horrible!!!!! I hope they are responsibility who kill Hamas leader.

February 16, 2010 at 10:33 pm |
  48. sandy

I agree with Bill Maher 99% of the time. He gets it! He would get my vote. Most Americans are so poorly informed, they make decisions based on rediculous statements from Sarah Palin and think that it is the gospel. God help us if people are stupid enough to support her for President.

February 16, 2010 at 10:33 pm |
  49. mark anderson

That is awesome. Real live James Bond. Good to see someone has the nerve to take out the bad guys.

February 16, 2010 at 10:33 pm |
  50. Tom K

Greed wtihin our economy has done it again, destroying large parts of our economy and the jobs and taxes that support government. Very few politicians seem to understand this and no one will acknowledge it. Congress is only a little less surreal and out of it compared to our
    New York legislature.