February 11th, 2010

Dr. Sanjay Gupta | BIO
AC360° Contributor
CNN Chief Medical Correspondent

Filed under: Dr. Sanjay Gupta • Haiti Earthquake
  1. Bonnie Rosenblum

Dear Dr. Gupta
    May you and your family be blessed.
    Your courage and compassion gives me hope
    that even amidst tragedy and devastation, the world can become a better place for all living beings.
    Today I will smile at someone whom I don't know, a tiny gesture
    compared to what have done, and are doing in Haiti.
    Thank you for teaching me a lesson of what it means
    to be " human".

Blessings and prayers,
    Bonnie Rosenblum

February 11, 2010 at 9:12 pm |
  2. sherdl

We all thank you immensely. There is so much that needs to be done – CNN is doing a wonderful job of reminding people and helping those in Haiti who cannot help themselves.

February 11, 2010 at 8:48 pm |
  3. cheryl

Thank you Dr. Gupta and please thank your wife and family for their sacrifice. People ask "Where was God" God shows up in the children like you and your crew that he sends to do his work. Amidst the disaster, the pain and sorrow, there is God's heart, full of lovingkindness and compassion. That is why we enjoy watching all of you so much.
    "Our eyes are watching God" perform thru his children. Amazing!

February 11, 2010 at 8:04 pm |
  4. pat..

happy that Dr. Gupta is there

February 11, 2010 at 7:29 pm |
  5. Hugo M.

Thanks for going back Dr. Gupta. Here in the safety of my home and unable at this moment to go to Haiti, the fact that you are able to do so is inspiring. we need many people of good will like yourself for the recovery of Haiti. I am a religious person and believe God is working in your heart. Count with my prayers. Keep us informed about how can we help.

February 11, 2010 at 7:25 pm |
  6. Pat

I appreciate your unique prespective as a doctor reporting from Haiti. So glad you are back and Haiti is again on the nightly news on CNN. I hope we focus on the recovery and rebuilding on a regular basis over the next months and even years. I pray for all the aid workers, and mor eimportantly the people fo Haiti. They have suffered enough. Keep up the great reporting.

February 11, 2010 at 7:15 pm |
  7. iBernard

Talk about heroes.

Dr Sanjay Gupta does more than should be expected of ten men.

To be honest, I always wished he were my neurosurgeon.

CNN'S heroes. You don't have to look far.

I don't know how you do it, Dr Gupta, but you do, again, and again, and again. And not just Haiti.

We could be heroes, just for one day. – David Bowie

Vaya con dios (I forgot how to say it in Creole!)

February 11, 2010 at 6:48 pm |
  8. Annie Kate

Sanjay

I am glad you went back; I know Haiti can use all the medical personnel it can get and especially the ones of your caliber. Stay safe and help all you can. Your reporting on the people and the medical conditions add a perspective to this disaster that we usually do not think about. Keep up the good work.

February 11, 2010 at 6:44 pm |
  9. Alice, Texas

Dr. Gupta, I had tears in my eyes as I watched your video about why you returned to Haiti. It is imagineable the devastation and suffering that has and continues to go on there. It takes someone special to volunteer to be in that environment. You and Anderson Cooper are doing God's work there, and it is not going unnoticed. Thank you for continuing to shine a light on all that is happening there. May God bless you and Anderson as you help the Haitian people and keep all of us at home informed.

February 11, 2010 at 6:16 pm |
  10. Merry Reisinger

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Your girls will most likely become the same good samaritan characters that you are. I went to a Deramtologist awhile ago and he charged me $285.00 to tell me I had non-dangerious warts on my feet and sent me home with just that diagnosis, no meds. I wonder what it is that makes you care enough to perform head surgeries for nothing while he rips people off in the name of greed. You're both highly educated people for sure but there is a big difference between you and him. Won't your girls be so proud of their dad? There's no monetary value to top that. You're a very good person and so is your wife to understand the depth of your compassion for others.

February 11, 2010 at 6:10 pm |
  11. Lauren B.

Dear Dr. Gupta,
    I am always moved when you speak. I echo your sentiments about Haiti and I understand your need to return. As I have commented previously, I wish that I could be in Haiti to help. Even if to only hold a childs hand and to reassure. I am a single mom to a 10 year old daughter. I cannot leave her. I commend you on your resolve and dedication. I work in the medical field albeit not in direct patient care and I know that there are many things that I could be doing there to help. Especially, with the skills that I do possess.

Thousand Oaks, Ca.

February 11, 2010 at 5:56 pm |
  12. Claudia Carroll

Thank you; just thank you. Like your wife, good woman that she is, I too, even at 73, would go there if I could be useful. A writer/artist, with a Harvard EdM, and both teaching and orphanage experience in Taiwan, Mexico and Guatemala, am hoping to be useful to some group going to Haiti in the future, re the re-establishment of education for children.
    Meanwhile, am so grateful to you, to Anderson, that you give the world still, a chance to continue to focus, even long-distance and only through prayer, on Haiti.

February 11, 2010 at 5:41 pm |
  13. Claire Lesley

It is wonderful to see you back. God bless you and your family.

February 11, 2010 at 4:25 pm |