January 22nd, 2010

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 01/22/10

10 days after the quake hit, two survivors are pulled alive from the rubble, a 22-year-old man and an 84-year-old woman. We'll have the latest on their conditions. Plus, the new disaster that could hit Haiti's survivors. And, George Clooney talks to Anderson about tonight's "Hope for Haiti Now" telethon.

Want more details on what we're covering? Read EVENING BUZZ

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

Filed under: Live Blog • T1
  1. Nancy, British Columbia, Canada

Hello Anderson,
    Your reporting continues to show the true picture. You show such compassion and care to the people of Haiti – I loved seeing you with the children. It is so touching to see the followup stories – it gives hope.
    Tonight's telethon was wonderful!! I so hope the Haitians were able to see or hear it too. It might provide them the hope they so need for long term rebuilding of their future.
    I am thankful you will continue to stay in Haiti showing the improvement (I hope) and keeping them honest.
    My deepest gratitude to you, Dr. Gupta, Gary, Ivan and all your crew for your hard work! You are making a HUGE difference to the people of Haiti!

January 22, 2010 at 11:00 pm |
  2. Nadine Galland

Hello to Emily and your thoughtful blogs. From Nadine in Vermont

January 22, 2010 at 10:59 pm |
  3. Lisa L

Anderson, stay safe and I trust you come back safely soon.

Sincerely,

Lisa L
    Sydney, Australia

January 22, 2010 at 10:59 pm |
  4. David, Indiana

Thank you for asking Ivan Watson how things works when he goes out to report. It is surprising that he found out about a localized tsunami, something that has not been reported yet.

I don't know how photographers work in that situation. And I think you do a great job of telling each person's story. I think it helps overall situation too because it brings each person their identity, emotions, and dignity to the fore. And this can only have a good influence.

Good night Anderson everyone at AC 360 and CNN.

Good night Isabel, Good night everyone. God please watch over Haiti and the relief and aid workers there. God Bless all.

January 22, 2010 at 10:59 pm |
  5. Emily

@Anderson, I'm looking forward to the book! 😀

January 22, 2010 at 10:59 pm |
  6. Dawn, Georgia

Oh, one more thing, Please pray that they are able to find Monley's grandmother in the states and reunite him. How sweet is he! He is a prime example that if there was a way to reach through the TV and give someone a hug I would be first in line. Please keep us posted if possible on Monley.....he is such a miracle. I would adopt him in a second if his grandmother can't be found. Many prayers and Hugs go to him! God Bless you Monley.

January 22, 2010 at 10:59 pm |
  7. starr formerly known as vincent

Good night all.

Great going Anderson et al!

January 22, 2010 at 10:59 pm |
  8. Dave,,,Miami Fl

AC,, you and Sanjay are doing an awesome job in Haiti,,many reporters have come and gone back to their studio's but you guys are still there ,,awesome coverage !

January 22, 2010 at 10:58 pm |
  9. carolyn

hi my name is carolyn, i'm from jamaica w.i. and i live in new york, and i just wanna say that i feel for the people of haiti so much that when i'm watching the news on CNN and more so when i'm alone i often cry, just to see the devastation and to try to fathom what they're going through.......I think Anderson Cooper, Dr. Sanjay Gupta, Ivan and Gary (forgive me if i don't remember your sirnames) ALL deserve an award i swear, for the wonderful work that you're all doing and with that I'M ASKING THE GOOD LORD to continue to bless u all richly and immensely and may your fruit baskets never grow empty, and may GOD BLESS you all and continue to guide and protect you all.....the only thing i have to bestow upon you all, is love.....thanks!

January 22, 2010 at 10:58 pm |
  10. Nadine Galland

Anderson and the whole CNN team deserves a serious award. No news organization even comes close to your heart and soul reporting! Thank you.

January 22, 2010 at 10:58 pm |