January 15th, 2010

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 01/15/10

Tonight on 360°, we have the latest developments from Haiti. We have the remarkable story of a baby trapped for 62 hours, who is found alive. Plus, we're tracking the aid, a slow process. What's taking so long to help those in need?

Want to know more about our coverage plans? Read EVENING BUZZ

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

Filed under: Live Blog • T1
  1. Emily

LT. Gen. Russell Honore makes a lot of sense!

Still have to treat people with respect. However, those few thief's/cons that were tricking people out of food and taking their possessions – they give many a bad name.

January 15, 2010 at 11:00 pm |
  2. Susan, NJ

Let's find out who the idiot was that ordered those doctors to leave. There are 9000 troops with the UN??!!

January 15, 2010 at 11:00 pm |
  3. Gigi

Maybe President Obama needs to establish someone in charge once & for all, or whoever is in charge of the Marines who have landed there.

January 15, 2010 at 11:00 pm |
  4. sandrine

people in p-a-p would evacuate to the provinces, but they don't know where to go. they are not sure of where to go that can handle refugees. we need to get the survivors out to keep them healthy while the clean up happens. we need to start moving people out to differennt parts of the country quickly.

January 15, 2010 at 10:59 pm |
  5. karen

Anderson Cooper and the entire CNN team you should win a Noble peace prize for the work you are doing in Haiti. I am gripped by your reporting, and I only hope that the US government, President Obama and President Clinton can do something quickly to bring some order to the insanity there.
    I sure I am like every person in the world watching this tragic story unfold – gripped by the sadness and horror and wishing that I could personally do more than just donate money to help these poor people.

Thank you CNN for your excellent reporting and bringing attention to this very tragic situation. I pray medical care can come soon....and that the UN and other organizers can get their act together soon..

January 15, 2010 at 10:59 pm |
  6. Caroline, Los Angeles

Thank you for saying that Gen. Honore. Just because they are poor and don't all speak English doesn't mean they are dangerous.

When are we all going to learn that once and for all?

January 15, 2010 at 10:59 pm |
  7. melissa neeley

Thank God for the U.S.A. and the other countries helping. Long road ahead ,but God will provide and he will guide. Hang in there every one and God Bless and your in my prayers

January 15, 2010 at 10:58 pm |
  8. Gigi

If you are HELPING the Haitians ( such as by treating them medically) I seriously doubt that ANY of them will attempt to harm the person(s) helping.

January 15, 2010 at 10:58 pm |
  9. A. Smith, Oregon

Gen. Honore' getter done! He led a outstanding effort after Bush jr. finally decided to help the New Orleans people out.

January 15, 2010 at 10:58 pm |
  10. Elizabeth

To the people suggesting that they throw food from parachutes what kind of riot do you think that would cause. That's not a smart suggestion at all. I believe the military is doing the best they can do under the circumstances. Is it fast enoungh no, but I have no doubt that the US is doing all they can do, so i want to give a shout out to our military and focus on the positve things that they are doing instead of focusing on the negative.

January 15, 2010 at 10:58 pm |
  11. Amanda : Pittsburgh

Can you please post the video of the pittsburgh girls at the orphanage!

January 15, 2010 at 10:57 pm |
  12. Iftekhar Mahmud

Anderson

I am doctor from Bangladesh working as a research associate here in Hamilton , NJ.

I am very much interested to go to Haiti as a doctor to help the people there, they are in short of doctors. I am ready to go. I tried to contcat different medical teams, but they never replied. I am ready to go & stand by the people of Haiti.

January 15, 2010 at 10:57 pm |
  13. starr formerly known as vincent

@Emily – I appreciate that you have asked this question Every night. We can only hope t hat Someone is hearing us!

As far as Tiger-i'm sure he appreciates the news of Haiti getting the spotlight off of him! No, i have not heard of any donations coming from him-maybe he will donate un-named.

The entertainment business has stepped up in a Big way!

January 15, 2010 at 10:57 pm |