January 15th, 2010

'I'm Alive!' - Messages from people in Haiti

[cnn-photo-caption image=http://i.cdn.turner.com/ireport/sm/prod/2010/01/15/WE00383194/1194382/assignmsghaitijpg-1194382_md.jpg]

AC360°

As part of CNN's Missing Person's project, CNN crews on the ground in Haiti are working to relay messages from those affected by the earthquake back to their loved ones.

We'll continue to update this area with reports from the disaster. Please note: Some of the spellings of names may be incorrect.

To share information about your missing loved one, please upload photos to our missing persons database.

Filed under: Haiti Earthquake
  1. Rhonda James

I am so impressed by the resilence of the Haitian people. The men are working digging out people and tenderly caring for the babies as well. What they are all going through is unimaginable. Doing all this without food, water and shelter–heartbreaking!! Please continue to show the good.

January 15, 2010 at 5:06 pm |
  2. Tina

Adapt ,Improvise, overcome!!!!

January 15, 2010 at 5:03 pm |
  3. Tina

Forgive me if I am posting in the wrong place..I am finding I am spending far too much time trying to "play by the site" rules and I am losing patience. This is a general feedback to CNN..which is doing such a fine job. I am watching pretty much from 7am through 8pm and at the moment there is one story/tape I believe should be relooped over and over; the people singing, the people walking and clapping and singing.

This is the finest spirit of humanity..this is the rainbow of what all of us are made of. Please contnue to run the stories involving the resilience and color of the Haitian culture...feature the singing and ask about faith and spirituality in their lives. THAT is what I am tuning in for!

Gratefully Tina R

January 15, 2010 at 4:53 pm |
  4. Claudette Crow

Please we need to get some help in Leogane located about 25 miles west of Port-au-Prince. People there are dying and 80% of the city has been wiped out.
    Please help

January 15, 2010 at 4:21 pm |
  5. ardhi adira

i symphaty with haity tragedy

January 15, 2010 at 3:11 pm |
  6. kathleen Hyltoft

Please CNN , I need to find out if my sister : Danielle Rigal is still alive , she lives in canape-vert ,rue jean baptiste , near the hotel. please help me..My mom :maryse , my brother Philippe , and my sisters son ; Tristan are also there ..
    Thank you in advance for any information you can find..
    K.H

January 15, 2010 at 2:55 pm |
  7. vanessa Jo

im looking for my UNCLE WILLY VILMA.. how do i post for missing persons.. thankss

January 15, 2010 at 2:48 pm |
  8. Nat Fernandez

I wanted to know why the US is not using the four airports in Puerto Rico to unload the aid and Also the airplanes can be refueled. The people in puerto Rico, the goverment,incluging Governor Fortuno and the national Guard and thousands of doctors, surgeons, orthopedic surgeons and many EMT's are ready to help. The island of Puerto Rico is closer and many US citizen that are still in Haiti can be brougt to the island... we are just waiting and wanting and to help.

January 15, 2010 at 2:44 pm |
  9. Susan Kopala

I am looking for Spencer Pierre, he is age 8, HA396 Compassion International area. He lives Delmas24 Port au Prince, His parents are Marie Madeleine Duval and Stinval Pierre. Please if anyone knows how they are, let me know. Thank you. call 85/287-7851

January 15, 2010 at 2:39 pm |
  10. chantal brooks

still seeking info on my uncle Jean-Claude Delbeau. He lives not far from the palace at #40 Rue Dufort. He is a retired colonel, lawyer, and author. 74 years old.
    Also my aunt Judge Ertha Trouillot, former interim president of Haiti believed to be in Port-au-prince at this time.

January 15, 2010 at 2:28 pm |