January 13th, 2010
  1. John

I work for a private disaster relief firm and have been monitoring the situation in Haiti. How can we get our equipment down to the area to put it to good use.
    It is sad that with the all of the infrastructure that is here privately owned will never make a difference because no one is able to get up the chain of command to deploy our resources.
    Everyone in the entire private disaster relief field is ready and waiting but are sure that the call will never come due to the lack of communication between the government and the private sector.

There are multiple companies that have the capabilities to help and feed the homeless there and waiting on the call to arms.

Hopefully this will be seen and passed along to the proper channels to get the relief and stop relying on the good 'ol boy tactics of the federal government. What do you have a registry of vendors for if you dont use them?

Thanks

January 13, 2010 at 6:22 pm |
  2. Mari

Please everyone every donation helps, even if its only $10.

January 13, 2010 at 6:12 pm |
  3. Clover Hall-Spencer

Hi Anderson,

I have approached and got permission from my job to go ahead and raise some contribution for the people of haiti here in london. However i would like to know if it alright for us to collect food, clothing as well as monetary donation? can you rspond as early as is possible. How much more can the Asian people endure.

Regards

Clover

January 13, 2010 at 5:38 pm |
  4. MoSop

My heart and prayers are with all effected.
    A really quick way to donate: Text “Haiti” to 90999 to donate $10 to RedCross – 100% donation goes to Haiti relief, and adds to your phone bill. Your cell carrier keeps nothing. I did this. It took just seconds. Really easy. You get a response text to reply “yes” for confirming, and then you receive a text receipt.

January 13, 2010 at 5:34 pm |
  5. gordon ray knoll

Where can I volunteer to use more than fifty years of experience

January 13, 2010 at 5:29 pm |
  6. john Leahy

Thank you to CNN, for letting us know our loved one Dee Leahy who is in Hati is ok we are very greatful for the call. We were very worried, Thank You Again.

January 13, 2010 at 12:53 pm |
  7. Rodne

Anyone knows if volunteers are being accepted for Haiti and where?
    I am haitian with basic skills of search and rescue. I am medically retired from the US Army and would love to volunteer my time to help my country. Thanks.

January 13, 2010 at 12:34 pm |
  8. mary_elle

My cup runneth over... my prayers and sufferings are with you. God Bless.

January 13, 2010 at 12:26 pm |
  9. Susan

Just made a $25.00 donation to Save the Children, one of my favorite charities.

January 13, 2010 at 12:24 pm |
  10. sandra

hello my name is Quaneedra Taylor and i am an hatian american,i am truly heart broken about what happened in haiti this is why i came up with an idea how to help haiti.In my school in
    Holland we are going to do a fund raise for haiti ,it would take alot of work but we are trying or best and hardest to do our share.

January 13, 2010 at 12:22 pm |
  11. Walt

Anderson, is it possible for US Citizens to leave via plane or boat?

January 13, 2010 at 12:22 pm |
  12. Walt

Daughter at Mission 4 Compound in or around Port-au-Price along with 40 other US citizens – just arrived on the 9th. Daughter is okay. If you find the group please let me know. God bless your work. Anderson

January 13, 2010 at 12:19 pm |