[cnn-photo-caption image=http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/11/16/china.us.relations/t1larg.jpg caption="President Barack Obama with Chinese President Hu Jintao" width=300 height=169]
Fareed Zakaria | BIO
President Obama landed in South Korea Wednesday for the last stop on his 10-day trip to Asia. The president made earlier visits to China, Singapore and Japan, in his first Asian journey as president.
In Japan, he made reference to his birth in Hawaii and his childhood spent partly in Indonesia, calling himself "America's first Pacific president." But as the trip winds down, analysts are seeking to answer the question of what Obama accomplished.
Fareed Zakaria, author and host of CNN's "Fareed Zakaria: GPS" spoke to CNN Tuesday about the president's trip and about a grim anniversary that's about to be marked in Asia. It's been one year since 10 Pakistani gunmen put India's commercial capital, Mumbai, through an ordeal of terror that killed 170 people. [Zakaria is the narrator of a documentary on the Mumbai attacks premiering on HBO on Friday.]
Filed under: China • Fareed Zakaria • India Attacked • President Barack Obama • Terrorism
Anderson Cooper goes beyond the headlines to tell stories from many points of view, so you can make up your own mind about the news. Tune in weeknights at 8 and 10 ET on CNN.
Questions or comments? Send an email
Want to know more? Go behind the scenes with AC361°
What message was that? More stern warnings of 'severe consequences' to North Korea if they continue their nuclear program? You mean like the 'severe consequences' that happened to Iran when they turned down Obama's niave offer to end their nuke program? Let's see, what exactly has happened? Umm, was it absolutely NOTHING?
And with all due respect, Fareed Zakaria, exactly what message are you referring to in regards to President Obama giving China a message?
Suggested Answers as to which messages:
1) Sorry that Bush-Cheney dropped the value of the American Dollar which you hold nearly 1 Trillion worth to 1/3 of its previous level?
2) Congratulations on successfully bribing Afghanistan Mining officials in your recent multi-billion dollar Copper mining adventure?
3) Congratulations on your new cruise missiles which are specifically designed to take out America's Super Carrier's the Nimitz Class with a single shot?
4) Don't worry about child labor and slavery charges, America has it's own problems to focus on?
5) Good luck on your efforts to save Beijing from being swallowed up by the swiftly advancing Gobi Desert?
What Obama accomplished was the appear like a "traditional" wife in the pacific. Walking 3 steps behind the husband and bowing down in the traditional roll of submission.
Obama arrived with a weak bargaining table, a weak request and left with stern warnings I am sure he will discard in his ego trip of being the chosen one.