November 3rd, 2009

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 11/03/09

Tonight on 360° get election results from the best political team on T.V. Anderson, Wolf Blitzer, John King and many others are on hand to run through the big races and get a pulse on American politics.

Scroll down to join the live chat during our two-hour live coverage of the election. This is your chance to share your thoughts on the voting results. Keep in mind, you have a better chance of having your comment get past our moderators if you follow our rules.

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

Filed under: Live Blog • T1
  1. samora

wow i live in hartford, CT. but i would love to see MIKE BLOOMBERG return as mayor of NYC.

November 3, 2009 at 10:15 pm |
  2. Mike, formerly from Syracuse

For the first time in the last year I have hope we can stop the liberal drive to national bankruptcy.

November 3, 2009 at 10:15 pm |
  3. Judith

Good evening everyone. As a New Yorker, I'm not surprised the NYC mayor's race is as close as it is. After 9/11, Mayor Giuliani wanted to stay on due to the city's post-9/11 condition. Bloomberg and others rightfully told him that there were term limits. Now, 8 years later Bloomberg is pulling the same move Giuliani did. He went against the will of New Yorkers who have voted twice for 8-year term limits. I feel that Bloomberg is disrespecting my right to vote.

November 3, 2009 at 10:15 pm |
  4. Shannon, Fairfax, VA

@Susan.

I deeply disagree. The Dems ran terrible races in Virginia and the candidate for governor was a total boob. I strongly support Obama and I'm a lifelong Democrat, but I could not find it in myself to vote for Creigh Deeds.

November 3, 2009 at 10:15 pm |
  5. David, Indiana

Enjoyed David Gergen's analysis of impact of VA gov's election, but didn't Creigh Deeds make the mistake of running away from the President?

November 3, 2009 at 10:15 pm |
  6. Steve C

As an Independent from Missouri, I am looking forward to a Republican sweep because I am fed up with the Tax & Spend (what we don't have) politics of Obama, Pelosi, and Reid, the 3 greatest threats to our freedoms and future. I was no GW Bush fan, but I believe in fiscal conservatism, free markets, capitalism, and smaller government.

November 3, 2009 at 10:15 pm |
  7. Heather - Spokane, WA

Im surprised, but not really surprised, that the Republicans have won all three spots in Virginia. With all of the criticism that has been going on about Obama it shows that some people are changing their minds

November 3, 2009 at 10:14 pm |
  8. dave

I don't understand why the Republicans success tonight, whatever it turns out to be, is such a surprise – yes, voters are not happy with the direction that the Democratic leadership is taking the country.

November 3, 2009 at 10:14 pm |
  9. Tim

The people are telling Mr. Obama its time to go. The health bill is a bust , and next years races will go the same way. Watch the dems move away to save there own skins

November 3, 2009 at 10:14 pm |
  10. bea

Harry Reid cares about his own race in Nevada. He can't lead heath care for that reason.

November 3, 2009 at 10:13 pm |
  11. Peter G

If Bloomberg loses the NYC mayoral election, I will be worried. What has this man done wrong?

Anderson, keep your chin up, you are the best.

November 3, 2009 at 10:12 pm |
  12. Dodie ~ California

@ Casey Jones – Palm Springs, CA

I completely agree. It is why I voted for Ross Perot. He had enough money he could kick-off a new party.

November 3, 2009 at 10:11 pm |
  13. Gayle McCauley Malden,Mass.

Greetings to All! I am wondering if our own Boston Mayor Menino will make history and be voted in for his 5th term.

November 3, 2009 at 10:11 pm |
  14. Jo in San Jose

It would certainly be nice if, when a Republican spin artist tries to make VA's election results about Obama, someone would point out that 56% said their vote had nothing to do with the President.

These races have nothing to do with Obama, no matter how fun it is to try to make them about him.

November 3, 2009 at 10:11 pm |
  15. Mark, Chatham, NJ

I think tonight at least in NJ we are seeing the reversal of how effective the vote for change was for democrats in the presidential election last time. I think the vote for change and voting your pocketbook is winning over party politics if Christie is successful

November 3, 2009 at 10:11 pm |
  16. WXDAVID

VCraig is making a call based on 19% in upstate NY 23rd ? LOL...LOL

November 3, 2009 at 10:11 pm |
  17. David, Indiana

Good evening Anderson, Erica, Isabel, everyone. Whew election day, election night, surprisingly catching me up though a bit late.

Nice look at VA gov election by John King. Quite noticable that the circle in the middle of Virginia is all red.

But in NY, in a congression district that I learned tonight has been in Republican hands since the 1800's, the Republican candidate endorses the democrat and he's leading by a sizeable margin. Media pressure of conservative media/celebrity maybe backfired.

November 3, 2009 at 10:10 pm |
  18. Angela

I have never heard about a Conservative party until now. Where did they come from?

November 3, 2009 at 10:10 pm |
  19. scott

who knows how many people filled in their absentee ballot for Scozzofava before she dropped out..!

November 3, 2009 at 10:10 pm |
  20. Russ

Casey it would be nice to have another choice, but I would just like to get some people in office I feel like we could trust. Right now I don't trust any of them.

November 3, 2009 at 10:10 pm |
  21. Stephanie

I think that this election proves that the fairy tale is over . We americans need concrete results : Change we can beleive in Economy , Economy, end the war , health care reform

November 3, 2009 at 10:10 pm |
  22. WXDAVID

its over in NJ....60% of the vote in and somerset and salme counties still not in under 7%

November 3, 2009 at 10:10 pm |
  23. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

I see Virgina Republicans all triple sweep beat Democrats.Wow!

November 3, 2009 at 10:09 pm |
  24. Cessy, Chicago IL

little late here but glad to see everyone tuning in to AC360!

Hi Anderson! two hours today...yeay!

November 3, 2009 at 10:09 pm |
  25. Anthonia-Bay Area!

Goood Eveeening Everyone! 😀 Yes, two hours of exciting news coverage! And I cannot believe that tomorrow will mark the year that Obama gets elected as president!

November 3, 2009 at 10:09 pm |
  26. Dodie ~ California

Good Evening Anderson, Erica, John, bloggers and Starr

November 3, 2009 at 10:09 pm |
  27. Rashad

Who is winning the CA-10 special election?

November 3, 2009 at 10:09 pm |
  28. Heather - Spokane, WA

Evening everyone. Sorry Im late, and since I was not on the blog last night.......welcome back Anderson 😉

November 3, 2009 at 10:09 pm |
  29. Craig

(1) Gergen's right: It's anti-incumbent, not anti-Obama

(2) Upstate NY has to be seen as a defeat for the hardcore right wing given all the conservative muscle they put in there

November 3, 2009 at 10:09 pm |
  30. Susan

I think this is a referendum on the direction congress and oval office are headed.

November 3, 2009 at 10:08 pm |
  31. Emily

I can't believe that the voter turn out is as low as they are predicting in some of these districts!

These things that are taken for advantage, AND you GET the Government that you elect,....(if you don't vote, what right do you have to complain?)

November 3, 2009 at 10:08 pm |
  32. Janine from PA.

Good Evening AC 360:
    I don't really think it matters who you vote for, nothing gets done, they just care about business and their own pockets. I believe more and more in the sentiment, don't vote, it only encourages them.

November 3, 2009 at 10:08 pm |
  33. Mike, formerly from Syracuse

Obama campaigned 5 times in the last 10 days in NJ. A GOP win there will be HUGE in it's implications.

November 3, 2009 at 10:08 pm |
  34. Casey Jones - Palm Springs, CA

@Russ. I totally agree. We need a viable third party. I wish the Libertarians could get a foot hold.

November 3, 2009 at 10:07 pm |
  35. Joe

The liberty movement in America is not dead. We are just getting started. Tonight will be nothing compared to the 2012 election. Start getting ready for Ron Paul 2012, and more liberty-minded candidates!

November 3, 2009 at 10:07 pm |
  36. Scott - Colorado

Lets go Maine!

November 3, 2009 at 10:07 pm |
  37. Lori

Good Evening Anderson, Erica and Everyone. Two Hours!

November 3, 2009 at 10:07 pm |
  38. starr, formerly known as vincent

I am surprised about the NYC mayors vote, Mike Bloomberg seems to have done a good job for the last many years he has been in office (but i'm in NM so not privy to local polotics).

Am really hoping that up-state NY does Not follow Palin, Limbaugh's, etc. lead – way to the right.

November 3, 2009 at 10:07 pm |
  39. masa,nyc

good evening,anderson and everyone.

November 3, 2009 at 10:06 pm |
  40. EM

What would that mean for the republican if Corzine slips by with a win?

November 3, 2009 at 10:06 pm |
  41. Russ

I can't believe how some people treat these elections like a ball game the DEMS against the GOP. This is what's wrong with the system now we should vote for the person and their agenda. Who gives a hoot about a party they can all be crooks

November 3, 2009 at 10:05 pm |
  42. bea

Bloomberg backlash.

November 3, 2009 at 10:05 pm |
  43. Casey Jones - Palm Springs, CA

Does that 5% for Scozofava (sp?) include absentee ballots?

November 3, 2009 at 10:03 pm |
  44. Emily

Good evening Anderson, Erica, AC360 & CNN Team, Megan, Martina, and Bloggers!!!
    This is looking like a great night already! 😛

November 3, 2009 at 10:03 pm |
  45. EM

Hello, Anderson, Wolfe, Roland, Gergen and the rest of the AC team and bloggers! Hopefully Dems can win the House in NY and Gov. in NJ

November 3, 2009 at 10:02 pm |
  46. starr, formerly known as vincent

Good evening Anderson, Erica & Entire CNN & Team 360!

Good evening fellow chatters, two hours tonight! We are going to be having quite a conversation tonight.

November 3, 2009 at 10:02 pm |
  47. Casey Jones - Palm Springs, CA

I can't believe how interested I am in all of this election stuff. I guess because of your own local races as well. I never paid attention until a few years back. I must be getting old or something.

November 3, 2009 at 10:01 pm |
  48. Shannon, Fairfax, VA

As a Virginia voter, I really hate the idea that the gubernatorial election is somehow a referendum on Obama. I think it should be a referendum on how terrible of a campaign Creigh Deeds ran. I mean, I'm a lifelong Democrat and I love Obama, but even I couldn't stomach voting for that dolt.

November 3, 2009 at 10:01 pm |
  49. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Helloooo Anderson, Erica), Ed Henry, David Gergen, John King, Wolf Blitzer, CNN Political team, Martina Ilstad, Emily and my friends Twitter/Facebook Bloggers!!!!!
    Happy Tuesday night, This is so exciting vote day tonight, What a night for me to see votes! 🙂

November 3, 2009 at 10:00 pm |
  50. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Hello Everyone! "May we all have a wonderful evening."

November 3, 2009 at 9:59 pm |