November 2nd, 2009
  1. Roman from Green Bay, WI

I was bothered by Suze Orman's comment about women ruling the world. Is this the dirty little secret behind her brand of feminism?

November 3, 2009 at 9:53 am |
  2. Rebecca

Men would do well to try to understand the "Girls Club," too. Men have things to learn from women too!! Let's forget clubs and work towards Co-ops.

November 3, 2009 at 2:48 am |
  3. Glenda - Milpitas, CA

Well I have to disagree. Women are fighting, going strong, presenting views, not being afraid and are being held back by being fired when they grow to high, are told they are too aggressive, too competitive, too driven - all of which are applauded on men and are held against women in corporate America.

November 3, 2009 at 2:11 am |
  4. Tyler

Oh come on. This started off about Obama playing basketball with just guys. If you question that then you have to question why aren't the NBA and the wnba put together, why don't women play football with the guys. No offense to women, but it takes away the competitive edge. It just doesn't work. Men and women speak two different languages. The way we joke is different, and that is a major part of it, it's pretty hard to find a women, especially the feminist type your trying to reach out to right now, that you can be yourself and joke with in my opinion. In short, they're aren't that many "cool" women.

November 3, 2009 at 1:44 am |
  5. Adam Alison

if Women were to be in a mans place it would be vice versa women would step right on men so I don't think it's that men think they are better it's that the human race built it's self like that, and the gender that stepped up was the male not a female

November 3, 2009 at 1:28 am |
  6. Katherine

An area that I find surprising that wasn't covered is the military in this. I myself and in the Army Reserves and the military is one of the largest operating 'boys' club'. It is incredibly hard to work your way into the club and as females we have to run faster and work harder to prove that we are equal to the men in every way.

November 2, 2009 at 11:44 pm |
  7. Aditi Goswami

Very good show, I wish it went on for longer though.

November 2, 2009 at 11:40 pm |
  8. Marc

I thought this was one of the best discussions I have ever seen on AC 360. Nice job Anderson! And I'd especially like to thank the panelists for being so insightful and forthright. I've already sent a copy of this excerpt to my daughter, a senior in college. I'd love to be able to send her the whole interview, as well as show the interview to students I work with in SF Unified SD.
    Thanks,
    Marc

November 2, 2009 at 11:36 pm |
  9. margaret

It is almost impossible to get ahead as a female in certain industries. Just recently I was pretty much lied to about being trianed in our industry . They did this to me for 3 years ! Now it is under new ownership and I am hearing the same promise for the 3rd time in this industry. It's a real loss for them because what I already do know I do the work correctly.

November 2, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  10. Judy O'Brien

Too simplistic. I hear this all the time and I am a corporate woman for over 20 years in the IT industry. Women ask for more pay and they are pretty loud about it - only to get slapped down by the men in leadership postions and the 1 woman at the top who doesn't want to be challenged.

November 2, 2009 at 10:49 pm |
  11. E. Schager

As a male college student, I often notice that females are much more willing to ask questions in class than to give criticisms or opinions about the topic at hand – even when the professor encourages discussion – while guys always offer their insights with confidence...

November 2, 2009 at 10:43 pm |
  12. kat

I work in a male dominated company and went to a technical conference this past spring. Attendance was over 1000 men and only 32 women. The women are often excluded from "socializing" and have to prove that their solutions are as viable as the submissions from male colleagues. We are subjected to more scrutiny and more pressure... and yes, we earn less money. Looking forward to Suze Orman;s comments.

November 2, 2009 at 10:05 pm |
  13. Anna

Wish I could have seen the full clip, but thank you for posting the video.

November 2, 2009 at 9:58 pm |
  14. Jen

Very relevant topic in Fortune 50 corporations today. Continue to spread the awareness of diversity in the workplace – it's helping!

November 2, 2009 at 9:52 pm |
  15. Cindy

Pretty good panel discussion Cooper! Looking forward to seeing it all..if this isn't it that is! LOL

Cindy..Ga.