September 17th, 2009

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk: 9/17/09

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi gets emotional on Capitol Hill. We'll have the raw politics. Plus, we take you inside the Garrido home where police say Jaycee Dugard had to live for 18 years. Meanwhile, investigators say cadaver dogs may have found remains on the Garrido property.

Want to know what else we're covering? Read EVENING BUZZ

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

Filed under: 360° Radar • Live Blog
  1. David, Indiana

@Jacqueline, NY If Raymond Clark didn't like Annie Le, and he's guilty, he would just avoid her. It makes more sense to believe he's totally in love with her, oddly.

Great repts by Drew Griffin and Gary Tuchman. The people in McAllen Texas may need extensive health care. That may be the reason for the skyrocketing costs they're experiencing there. A high rate of poverty would result in a profound need for preventive care and medical consultation. Are steps being taken to do that?

Great singing by Susan Boyle. Rolling Stones songs lend themselve to many differnt renditions

Good night Isabel, good night everyone

September 17, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  2. Spencer

Great reporting Drew. What I don't understand is why the the project was put on hold for 30 days only after a Representaive brought it to their attention that they were spending from a "bottomless pit". HELLO...Isn't that what most of the American people have been saying for a while.

September 17, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  3. Jane - Vt

Night all

September 17, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  4. starr, formerly known as vncent

Thank you & good night Anderson, Erica & Team 360.

Good night fellow bloggers, tomorrow is Friday!

I love Susan Boyle...what a voice..and what an interesting interpretation of Wild Horses.

PS I hope $86,000 will be enoughtfor the Jackson children & their grand mother to live on LOL

September 17, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  5. Renee

Loved Madoff's house in Montauk but laminate countertops for $9 m oh my!

September 17, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  6. Isabel Siaba, Brazil

Susan Boyle... She is wonderful singer!
    good luck!

September 17, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  7. Lori

Sweet dreams.

September 17, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  8. Cessy, Chicago

Night, night, Anderson and all you wonderful bloggers!!!

Have a great and safe weekend!

September 17, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  9. Cindy - Dyer, In

good night all

September 17, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  10. Russ

Good piece on healthcare costs in McAllen TX and thanks for interviewing the doctor who is speaking out about the "doctors for profit" in McAllen.

The other doctor, the gastroenterologist, who is part owner of one of the hospitals has a lot of $$$ to gain by keeping people in the hospital longer and running more test and extra treatment with no better outcomes. It is that profit motive that causes McAllen's average Medicare spending to be $14,000 per patient – double national average. New Yorker magazine outlined problems in McAllen. It is outrageous.

Thank you.

September 17, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  11. Jane - Vt

$86,000 a month for Mrs. Jackson. Unbelievable that she needs that much for her and kids in a month.

September 17, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  12. Jennifer - Michigan

Good night. Boy, Susan Boyle sure can sing. Sleep well – I know I will.

September 17, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  13. Teresa

Go Susan Boyle. She is such a beautiful spirit. Loved the Wild Horses rendition

September 17, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  14. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Enjoy your night everyone! (love and happiness)

September 17, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  15. Lisa A. Philadelphia, PA

good night all – looking forward to the money segment coming up

September 17, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  16. Lori

What a beautiful voice and a beautiful version of that song.

September 17, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  17. Ron,SC

Great voice. She looks so frumpy though. And finally I have a reason to use that term.

September 17, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  18. Isabel Siaba, Brazil

Good night Anderson, Erica, David, 360 team, friends and everyone!

See you tomorrow!

September 17, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  19. Jacqueline, NY

Go SUSAN BOYLE!

September 17, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  20. LisaL - Canada

oh i WAS wondering when Susan Boyle would pop up... wondered how things were going for her... she seems to be doing JUST fine!

September 17, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  21. Patty

I was glad to see the perspective of Dr. Dyke in Texas...it's true about
    Dr.'s bilking the broken system.

He may be an outcast where he is, but America needs
    whistleblowers so things change.

September 17, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  22. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Good night Anderson, Erica, Ed Henry, David Gergen and my friends Twitter/Facebook Bloggers!!!!!
    See you tomorrow night!
    Have a great night and sleep tight everyone!!!! 😀
    Day of the shot with Susan Boyle really talent singer I heard! Nice shot!
    Anderson,
    Have a great night, good sleep at home after work!!!! See you tomorrow night!!! Have a plenty sleep! 😀

September 17, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  23. Isabel Siaba, Brazil

Susan Boyle ... She's back!
    I like her... I hope that now she does not get so lost with success.

September 17, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  24. Marian

That doctor has more courage than most people. Hopefully he can retire in peace.

September 17, 2009 at 10:54 pm |
  25. Jane - Vt

I feel so sorry for these greedy docs – Not!

September 17, 2009 at 10:54 pm |
  26. Laurie in Northern California

I forgot to mention Annie Le. My heart goes out to her family, too. This is such a tragic ending. I was hoping that they would have found her alive. It's also so sad that they found her on what should have been the happiest day of her life, her wedding day.

September 17, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  27. Neela

Just as domestic violence can lead to murder, this is a relatively same scenario, it's not that Raymond Clark is a psychopath, he's probably a relatively normal nice guy who just has real unaddressed personality and anger management issues.

September 17, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  28. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Erica!
    I agree!!! he is really wild man I have seen! 🙂

September 17, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  29. starr, formerly known as vncent

Another excellent story by Gary Tuchman.

The story told by Dr. Dyke in TX is probably very true. Generally, insurance co.'s pay for what is "fair & reasonable" by area. Why didn't the ins. co.'s catch this?

September 17, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  30. Renee

One of my friend's works in health care and said hospitals in TX are going up everywhere.

September 17, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  31. Jacqueline, NY

doctors value money over their patients.. What news!

September 17, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  32. gail

These doctors are crooks and one of their own has turned them in. Per patient cost higher than the wages the person makes in a year! This is stealing!

September 17, 2009 at 10:51 pm |
  33. Laurie in Northern California

I lived in the East Bay in California at the time that Michaela Garrecht (Spelling?) and Ilene Misilhoff (spelling?) disappeared. It was so tragic. I hope that their remains are not found on the Garrido property but maybe they could be found like Jaycee Dugard. I don't know what would be worse for their parents, to have closure either way or just not know what happened to them. My heart goes out to all the girls and their families (Jaycee and her daughters), Michaela and Ilene's.

September 17, 2009 at 10:50 pm |
  34. Isabel Siaba, Brazil

@ David, Indiana

It's a boy so young! I'm afraid to think that he can be a killer, but as you said until proven otherwise, he is innocent.

I'm afraid of to think about the youth, so lost ... My son is 3 years, but life goes by so fast, right?

September 17, 2009 at 10:50 pm |
  35. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Great job Drew Griffin! I love what Drew was talking about borders! Excellent! 🙂

September 17, 2009 at 10:48 pm |