September 17th, 2009

Evening Buzz: Inside Garridos' Home

Jaycee Dugard was kidnapped at 11 and kept hidden for 18 years in a backyard compound, authorities say.

Maureen Miller
AC360° Writer

Just moments ago, authorities in California said two cadaver dogs showed interest in the same area of the property belonging to kidnapping suspects Phillip and Nancy Garrido, a possible indication that they've found human remains.
Investigators are looking for possible clues to the disappearance of two girls.

The Garridos have pleaded not guilty to kidnapping Jaycee Dugard and holding her captive for 18 years. Phillip Garrido is also facing rape charges. Investigators say he fathered Dugard's two children.

Dugard is back with her family and we've learned she and her daughter's will get another happy homecoming in the next couple of days. We'll tell you what that's all about tonight on 360°.

We'll also take you to Washington where House Speaker Nancy Pelosi got emotional talking about all the bickering over health care reform. Candy Crowley has the raw politics.

And, we have new details on the lab technician suspected of killing  Yale grad student Annie Lay. He went from a "person of interest" today to an inmate.

Join us for these stories and more starting at 10pm ET.

Filed under: Maureen Miller • The Buzz
  1. carol kesling

my thoughts and prayers go out to annies family and also to the groom !!!!! this case is so so sad....there is so much unnecesary violence in the world today !!!!! people kill for no reason at all, what the heck is wrong today ????? scarey !!!!!!!

September 18, 2009 at 1:29 am |
  2. Jason Ghee

I'm sure nothing can replace the terror Jaycee went through for all those years, but with the forthcoming book and movie deals coming, financially she
    will never have to worry again

September 18, 2009 at 1:08 am |
  3. Lori

Hard to believe the Garrido story could be any more sickening then it already is, I hope and pray that sentencing guidelines are a lot tougher now days then they were back then. I hope they lock up mr. garrido and throw away the key and I hope they give all the other inmates who hate what kind of monster he is total access to him. And on the subject of Joe Wilson, what an idiot, not an idiot because he has his own opinion but because he is totally clueless!! It's ok to have healthy disagreement but not ok to be totally disrespectful about it.. And then he had the nerve to point out the fact that he was told by the GOP leadership that he HAD to apologize which says to me he's totally not sorry and doesn't feel he did anything wrong by shouting out and calling the president a Liar for the whole world to see. He's probably a Limbaugh Groupie, well as they say, Birds of a feather Flock Together !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 18, 2009 at 12:31 am |
  4. Sabrina in Los Angeles

So sad that people like this still exist in our world.

I hope that if those are bones of children who went missing then I hope that this gives them some closure on their missing babies.

Such an evil guy.

September 17, 2009 at 11:50 pm |
  5. Carol C Milner

What do the Senate and House of Representative always talk about both side of the aisle.
    Why can't they just have aisles and not make it sound like they are getting ready to go into battle?

September 17, 2009 at 10:25 pm |
  6. Pam - San Diego, CA

Me too Annie. I read online earlier, that he is a control freak and that he didn't get along with his co-workers.

September 17, 2009 at 10:10 pm |
  7. Larry

I think that the Lab Tech at Yale is already tried and convicted in the court of public opinion.

September 17, 2009 at 10:06 pm |
  8. Annie Kate

Sounds like a good show. Looking forward to it. So Pelosi is getting emotional about all the bickering on health care reform. I can understand that – its stressful just watching it; I can't imagine how stressful it is to be there in the thick of it.

I am particularly looking forward to the story on the lab tech who is suspected of killing Annie Le – I hope someone has a motive that would explain why he did such an awful thing.

September 17, 2009 at 9:53 pm |