September 7th, 2009

Follow Anderson's tweets from Afghanistan

Anderson Cooper | BIO
AC360° Anchor

Anderson is live from Afghanistan this week where he's embedded with troops and reporting on the situation in the war-torn country.

He is tweeting whenever possible. Check out his latest updates over the weekend.

@andersoncooper: From ac: in kabul. Got here last night. It's dawn now and we are heading out. I can't say where just yet. Not sure what to expect....

Go here to follow his tweets this week.

Filed under: Afghanistan • Anderson Cooper
  1. Rita Hansen

For all our navy and marines and NATO forces at Camp Leatherneck thanks. Especially tell all the Seabees in NMCB 74 hello and thanks. We pray daily for their safe return.

September 8, 2009 at 11:25 am |
  2. susan mullins

Good Luck to you Anderson....your work is so important in these tough
    times....Send the best to our troops ....let them know we are all back
    here....waiting for there safe return.

September 8, 2009 at 7:25 am |
  3. Isabel Jimenez, Miami, FL

Hello, Anderson! I wish you, Peter Bergen, Sanjay Gupta, Michael Ware, & the rest of your crew a very safe & productive trip in Afghanistan. Please don't be afraid to ask the tough questions there while you still can, & may you all return safe & sound. Be sure to tell our troops that we still support them. May you all be safe.

September 7, 2009 at 8:34 pm |
  4. Katie

My boyfriend is in 1/5, if you meet a Cpl. Gray tell him I say Hi:)

September 7, 2009 at 8:25 pm |
  5. Ana-Texas

keep them honest Anderson!

September 7, 2009 at 8:00 pm |
  6. JB Rodriguez

From Puerto Rico we wish you the best. Keep us informed on how our Troops are doing. We pray for their safety and a soon and safe return. We, proud american citizens will keep our support of this war, to victory.

September 7, 2009 at 7:19 pm |
  7. Terri Schinabeck

Hi Anderson , I Am so excited you are doing this story . was just notified that you are with my sons unit C Co 3-82 . Thanks

September 7, 2009 at 7:12 pm |
  8. Anne Mendenall

AC you are like a son to us! PLEASE be careful and come home safe;
    you are a bright spot in 2 very ill senior citizens lives! We NEED your
    objective reporting from Afghanistan, but need u at Home too.

September 7, 2009 at 6:08 pm |
  9. Michelle D . Fonthill. Ont

Hi Anderson

Thanks for tweting on your trip this week glad you arrived safely .You are honest and fair when covering this kind of stories .You are the best !

September 7, 2009 at 5:34 pm |
  10. Khalil Nouri , Seattle, Washington

As an Afghan American and politically inclined in current Afghan situation I am waiting to see what you can offer.

September 7, 2009 at 5:30 pm |
  11. Annie Kate

Anderson

Nice to see your messages on twitter and hope this trip goes smoothly for you and your crew. Looking forward to the stories and news you bring from there.

September 7, 2009 at 5:14 pm |
  12. Susan Cochran from San Ramon, California

Stay safe Anderson. Thanks for going over there and doing what you do. I know that we will always get the unbiased truth about any situation from you. Thank you!

September 7, 2009 at 4:35 pm |
  13. Julie Stockhaus

AC–I just want to thank you for going to Afghanistan. My baby bro is on the ground in an outpost somewhere in the Southern Helmand province and I feel like very few people have any clue what these brave, selfless soldiers and their families are sacrificing. Thank you for taking the risk to your own life to report this story!

Sincerely,
    Grateful in Minnesota

September 7, 2009 at 4:06 pm |
  14. Lori Higgons

AC.... Hope you have a vest on and take care of yourself! Your fans want you to come home safely!!!!!

September 7, 2009 at 3:48 pm |
  15. Mason's mom

hey Coop...I want to know if anyone over there REALLY knows what we are supposed to do there...
    Maybe you can find out before my Marine son has to go there...

September 7, 2009 at 3:43 pm |
  16. Theresa, Des Moines

I'm looking forward to the coverage from Afghanistan. It's an important story. Our elected officials and military will have many policy decisions to make about Afghanistan in coming years.

September 7, 2009 at 3:23 pm |
  17. BettyAnn Nacogdoches,TX

Hi Coop!
    We can always count on you to jump right in a situation and bring us the coverage and "honest" reporting even if you put yourself at risk.
    Thank you and do stay safe. You're loved!

September 7, 2009 at 3:17 pm |
  18. Paula, Colorado

It's good to hear–through Twitter–that you arrived safely in Afghanistan. I pray you stay well protected. I'm looking forward to your reports this week.

September 7, 2009 at 3:03 pm |
  19. Jana, Indiana

Anderson,

I hope you are able to write somethng for the blog. I think everyone would enjoy hearing about your time over there

Please all you stay safe while you are there

September 7, 2009 at 2:56 pm |
  20. Isabel Siaba, Brazil

Twitter is a great way to know that everything is going well!

I wish a safe and enlightening week in Afghanistan for Anderson and AC360 crew.

September 7, 2009 at 2:34 pm |
  21. Cindy

Let's hope Anderson's tweeting doesn't get in the way of him paying attention to what's happening there! That can be dangerous! But I do hope we hear a lot from him about what he's doing and the situation over there.

Cindy..Ga.