September 4th, 2009

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 09/04/09

We have breaking developments in the mass killing in Georgia. One man is accused of killing eight people. He's also the one who called 911 pleading for help.  Plus, presidential lesson or pure propaganda? More uproar over Pres. Obama's speech to school children next week.

Want to know what else we're covering? Read EVENING BUZZ

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

Filed under: Live Blog • T1
  1. Isabel Siaba, Brazil

Good night Erica and friends!
    A great weekend for us…

Good night David!
    Next Monday, in Brazil, is Brazilian Independence Day. 🙂

Anderson, Dr. Gupta, Michael Ware and Peter Bergen,
    Be safe on the journey through Afghanistan!!

See you Monday!

September 4, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  2. David, Indiana

@Isabel, does seem like a lot of controversy.

Pancakey?

She definitely has a sense of humor. Lucky guy.

Good night Isabel, good night everyone. Great weekend to all

September 4, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  3. Casey Jones - Palm Springs, CA

I could see myself doing something like that (laughing). I think they should have done more homework when interviewing potential officiants.

I enjoyed the broadcast Erica. Thank you.

September 4, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  4. Isabel Siaba, Brazil

When this happened this compulsion to laugh in me is insane! Nothing makes me to laugh ... like her! Lol ...

September 4, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  5. Wendy In Houston

David, I love you but I have to disagree with you. I have a seventeen year old and I think it's a great idea for my seventeen year old to think about what he can do to help the President. To me it might make my son have a deeper sense of responsibility.

My problem with CNN is that you put too much into these types of stories. I read a story about a school in Indiana that has 1800 students and only 14 parents called to complained. Why not report on school districts that are allowing students to watch the speech. Orleans Parish is making it mandatory for students to watch the speech. At least make the reporting bias and show both sides.

September 4, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  6. starr, formerly known as vincent

Thank you Erica, as always you fill the big chair well. Thank you Team 360 and good night too.

Good night fellow bloggers, again TGIF!

The Shot: Priceless! You always leave us laughing too.

Happy Aniversary to Tom Foreman!

September 4, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  7. Chris Sosa - Boston, MA

Loved that Shot! Haha.

Have a great weekend, all. Thanks for filling in, Erica!

September 4, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  8. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Samuel M'boro, TN
    Good night Anderson, Erica, Ed Henry, David Gergen and my friends Twitter/Facebook Bloggers!!!!!
    Have a great night and sleep tight everyone!!!!
    Have a great weekend!
    See you on Monday night!
    Don't forge watch AC next week!!!!!!
    Awwwwwww!!!! Nice shot! I love bride giggles so much!!!!!!! I love shot! LOL!

September 4, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  9. Herman Morgan

@DavidGergen: Thanks for your usual calm and rational response to this "non-issue" about the President's speech to students. Gone are the "Good Old Days" when everyone respected the President, and no matter his party, he was Everyone's President, and we were proud of him !
    I guess only us "Old Guys" recall those days ?

September 4, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  10. Renee

Good weekend to All! Erica great is see you in charge tonight!

September 4, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  11. Dodie - California

Good Night! Have a wonderful weekend to everyone!!! Yea, TGIF

September 4, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  12. Devna AC360°

On behalf of 360°, thank you for joining us – be sure to tune in on Monday for our special week in Afghanistan! Have a safe and enjoyable weekend!

September 4, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  13. Jacqueline, NY

Have a good weekend everyone!

September 4, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  14. Dodie - California

But some diseases do not rear their 'ugly head' until a later date.

September 4, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  15. Linda-Portland, OR

gn Erica and team360 and fellow bloggers! looking forward to Monday with Anderson and team from Afghanistan

September 4, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  16. Samuel M'boro, TN

Although I still largely support the war in Afghanistan, I'm a little apprehensive. I believe we need to be where the terrorists are operating, and obviously that's just not in Afghanistan. We also need to be looking at other techniques of combating terrorism, including intelligence and helping countries improve social and economic conditions were young people join terrorist organizations.

September 4, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  17. Tina

I can't understand why Americans are making too much noise about president Obama's school speech. In fact, Americans are stupid. A nation full of hypocrisy and racism. Honestly, I feel very sorry for this country.

September 4, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  18. Mike, Syracuse, NY

@Randy, if there is more health care competition, the price would drop and more people could afford it WITHOUT the government running it.

September 4, 2009 at 10:55 pm |