September 3rd, 2009

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 09/03/09

We have special coverage tonight of Michael Jackson's funeral. 70 days after his death the singer is finally being laid to rest. Family and friends are gathering at a cemetery in Glendale, California. We'll take you there.

Want to know what else we're covering? Read EVENING BUZZ

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

Filed under: 360° Radar • Live Blog • T1
  1. Joan Dino, Philippines

Thank you CNN, AC360 for the live coverage! I'm truly grateful!

I'm glad that he will be put to rest know... all those years of suffering. Rest in peace MJ, you'll always be in my heart.

September 3, 2009 at 10:19 pm |
  2. Vicki

Good evening
    Thank you CNN for sharing this with us.

Liz looks lonely & lost.

On a lighter note...does that female beside Liz even stop talking?
    Everytime they show Liz....that woman is yakking non-stop. Bet the other person can't get a word in.

September 3, 2009 at 10:19 pm |
  3. Leslie, Wilmington, Ma

It still hurts to know the "King of Pop" is no longer with us. May you now rest in peace. My thoughts n prayers go out to the Jackson family!

September 3, 2009 at 10:18 pm |
  4. Pam - San Diego, CA

@Caroline- That is so cool. I wish other stores would have done that.

September 3, 2009 at 10:18 pm |
  5. Christine

Thank you CNN for the coverage of MJ's funeral. RIP MJ

September 3, 2009 at 10:18 pm |
  6. Jessica

Anderson, Forgot to say that my 17 year old son has his poster in his room and is loving his music. My 14 year old daughter is singing his songs in the car with me. These melodies will live forever.

September 3, 2009 at 10:18 pm |
  7. Isabel Siaba, Brazil

@ David, Indiana

It bothers me it is the total exposure of events and feelings, while being a public person, it's so disrespectful!

September 3, 2009 at 10:18 pm |
  8. Sandra Robertson, GA

Good evening Anderson and Randi. Thank you for the special coverage of Michael Jackson's interment. The mausoleum appears to be on peaceful and sacred ground. I hope this will be his final resting place.

September 3, 2009 at 10:18 pm |
  9. myrtle macdougall

my first time blogging. glad to see that michael jackson is finally being laid to rest. a great fan of anderson cooper . watch every nite.

September 3, 2009 at 10:18 pm |
  10. Barbara, Long Island NY

Good evening, I am very happy Michael is finally being laid to rest. I hope he now finds the peace he deserves.

September 3, 2009 at 10:17 pm |
  11. Isabel Siaba, Brazil

@ David, Indiana

So beautiful your comment: "He put a tremendous amount of positive energy into the world, and into music and I will miss him being here to do that."

September 3, 2009 at 10:17 pm |
  12. Martina Ilstad Germany

Hey Anderson
    Sleepless in germany,but a good reason to watch your show. it takes a long time, for Michael Jackson Funeral.It will be a very hard day for his kids and for his family,i am very sorry for them.
    But pleace now its time to lett Michael Jackson R.I.P.

September 3, 2009 at 10:17 pm |
  13. JesseFSD

It's really to bad that we lost people in this world like this. So sad. More people like michael could have gotten the right help and not quack doctors, he might still be alive. RIP MJ.

September 3, 2009 at 10:17 pm |
  14. Patty A Banks, Palmdale, Ca

Liz Taylor looks gorgeous! amazing to see her...the last of the really all time great hollywood stars!

September 3, 2009 at 10:17 pm |
  15. Jessica

Anderson, Michael Jackson will be remembered as a genius-explicit dancer, sensational voice, song writer and a philanthropist. His music spans many genres and appeals to all ages. His music will live forever. Hope the public listens to his varied music catalogue and feels the joy and inspiration that was "Michael".

September 3, 2009 at 10:16 pm |
  16. Brandon

Hi, Anderson.
    Michael was basically a huge role model and it's really hard to know that he's gone. He is truly missed. I am happy that he finally is being laid to rest. He experienced enough in life, let him rest peacefully in death.

September 3, 2009 at 10:15 pm |
  17. Sharon

Thank you for showing this. I needed to say good bye to my "hero" I grew up with Michael Jackson and his music. It is a big part of who I am and how I listen to music. I will miss him very much. I get joy from watching my daughter listen to his music and watching his video.
    Good night sweet prince.

September 3, 2009 at 10:15 pm |
  18. Caroline, Los Angeles

@Julie-I believe it is an overhead light.

September 3, 2009 at 10:15 pm |
  19. LeAnn Hackerd

Personally, I think Michael Jackson should have been buried no more than a week after his death. I can completely understand the family not wanting to "let go" of Michael and his legacy, but it is way past time to move on.

September 3, 2009 at 10:14 pm |
  20. Sara Rehman

I am really happy that MJ is finally buried. I will really miss him and my heart goes out to all The Jackson <3 You Michael

September 3, 2009 at 10:14 pm |
  21. Anthony

I was wondering the same thing!! its a monstrosity of an object

September 3, 2009 at 10:14 pm |
  22. ruth

It is so nice to see MJ laid to rest! May he rest in peace

September 3, 2009 at 10:14 pm |
  23. Jeff D. - Prince Edward Island, Canada

Thank you CNN for allowing us to view Michael's funeral. We are lucky to live in a generation where we can view these events. So many in the past were not able to be a part of moments like this when their heroes and legends passed away. I am thankful that we will be allowed to be a part of Michael's funeral which helps us, as fans, grieve and get closure in his passing.

September 3, 2009 at 10:14 pm |
  24. Leslie

You can rest now Mike.

September 3, 2009 at 10:14 pm |
  25. Caroline, Los Angeles

@Pam-When I go into the mega-big electronics store in town they have MJ's videos playing all day long. The youngsters who didn't get to see him on TV in his heyday, like the older people did, stand in front of the flat screen and watch him. They are mesmerized. It's a compliment.

September 3, 2009 at 10:14 pm |
  26. Sara

Hi Anderson i am watching the Coverage of The Micheal Jackson Funeral Micheal Jackson will certainly be missed by everyone and Keep up the good work.

September 3, 2009 at 10:13 pm |
  27. Saera El Paso, TX

one more person i'll never get to meet...

it's strange to think it's been more than two months
    i don't think it's sunk in yet

September 3, 2009 at 10:13 pm |
  28. Julie Hopkins

Please explain what that lighted, coffin-shaped object suspended over the funeral attendees is, partially blocking the aerial shot? It's not Michael, is it???

September 3, 2009 at 10:12 pm |
  29. k

Hi Everyone,

Finally, MJ can rest!!! Maybe the press can let him finally rest and leave his children to grieve privately

September 3, 2009 at 10:12 pm |
  30. David, Indiana

Good evening Anderson, Erica, Isabel, everyone. A little overcast but a beautiful evening looks like for this service for Michael Jackson, from what we're seeing Forest Lawn is indeed exquisite and majestic as Randi Kaye notes. He put a tremendous amount of positive energy into the world, and into music and I will miss him being here to do that

September 3, 2009 at 10:12 pm |
  31. Kathy

RIP Michael. You will be missed, but your music will live on.

September 3, 2009 at 10:11 pm |
  32. Alan Carton

Loving the coverage tonight Anderson, me and my mom are glued to the television...reminiscing

September 3, 2009 at 10:11 pm |
  33. Anthony

Hi AC

First time long time, just wanted to know what that suspended object is over the seating of the funeral.

Thanks,
    Anthony

September 3, 2009 at 10:11 pm |
  34. Angela - Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

Good evening everyone, Anderson, 360 team and bloggers. Very sad night watching Michael Jackson's funeral. Finally he'll be laid to rest. R.I.P. Michael!

September 3, 2009 at 10:10 pm |
  35. Miriam Cooper, NY

Hi Anderson,

Hope all is well.

September 3, 2009 at 10:08 pm |
  36. Paula, Colorado

Anderson,
    Hi! It's great to see you are on live for two hours tonight. I'm glad Michael Jackson is finally being laid to rest. The Mausoleum is impressive–a beautiful and peaceful place.

September 3, 2009 at 10:06 pm |
  37. Pam - San Diego, CA

It still is hard to believe that MJ is gone.

September 3, 2009 at 10:06 pm |
  38. Caroline, Los Angeles

Hello everyone,

I don't think I've ever been to the Forest Lawn in Glendale except to drive by. I've been to the one in Hollywood Hills.

September 3, 2009 at 10:05 pm |
  39. Kathy Chicago

Love you guys, not MJ. May he rest in peace, I'm back to football.

September 3, 2009 at 10:05 pm |
  40. murat

Goodbye Michael... My heart goes with you. I will love you forever. Gone too soon...

September 3, 2009 at 10:05 pm |
  41. Cynthia, NC

Good evening, all. Rest in peace Michael. You may be gone, but never forgotten.

September 3, 2009 at 10:05 pm |
  42. Iman

Good evening everyone, or good morning to some (it's 5 AM here in Lebanon). I try to catch the show anytime I can.

RIP MJ and thank you for all those great years of music

September 3, 2009 at 10:04 pm |
  43. starr, formerly known as vincent

Good evening Anderson, Erica, Randi-Kaye & Team 360.

Good evening fellow bloggers.

Thank you Anderson for offering us the coverage on MJ's funeral. I hope this will bring some real closure for all of us.

However, i fear that it will be a long time before this story calms down. Especailly, if there is going to be a trial, charges, etc. of one or more doctors.

September 3, 2009 at 10:04 pm |
  44. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Annie, Beijing, China......
    You're welcome, Annie.... Yes, I am also fan of Michael Jackson many years now.

September 3, 2009 at 10:04 pm |
  45. Chris Sosa - Boston, MA

Good evening, everyone! Hope you're having a great Thursday so far.

September 3, 2009 at 10:03 pm |
  46. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Helloooo Anderson, Erica, Ed Henry, David Gergen and my friends Twitter/Facebook Bloggers!!!!!
    Finally!!!!! Michael Jackson laid to rest tonight! 🙁

September 3, 2009 at 10:01 pm |
  47. Annie, Beijing, China

Hi, Anderson, Erica, team 360 and bloggers.
    Today is a rainy day in Beijing, even sky is crying for him. I canceled all my schedule, just waiting for Michael Jackson's funeral.
    As his huge fan, I've loved him for 15 years. I hope I could witness his final journey, just watching TV (even though). So, thank you CNN, thank you AC360!

September 3, 2009 at 10:01 pm |
  48. Isabel Siaba, Brazil

Good evening Anderson, 360 team, David (Indiana), friends and bloggers!

RIP Michael Jackson!
    Will the controversy around Michael's story let him rest in peace?

September 3, 2009 at 10:01 pm |
  49. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Hello Everyone!

September 3, 2009 at 10:00 pm |
  50. Sharon Hastings

Good evening Anderson and all. I am so glad that MJ can finally be laid to rest. Thank you for the coverage.

September 3, 2009 at 10:00 pm |