September 3rd, 2009

Evening Buzz: Jackson Laid to Rest

[cnn-photo-caption image=http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/09/03/michael.jackson.funeral/art.jackson.afp.gi.jpg caption= "A private funeral for Michael Jackson will be held tonight in Glendale, California."]

Maureen Miller
AC360° Writer

Tonight we'll have live coverage of Michael Jackson's funeral. It starts at 10pm ET. A lot of big stars will be there. We'll have all the details. And, we'll also have the latest developments on the death investigation. Last week, the coroner announced he ruled Jackson's death a homicide.

We also have the uproar over the speech Pres. Obama plans to give school children next Tuesday. According to the White House the focus will be on the importance of education and staying in school. But some republicans say the address is all part of a political agenda to indoctrinate students. Some parents have threatened to keep their children out of school that day. What do you think of the planned speech? An important message or propaganda?

And, a family torn apart is reunited. We have new insight on the homecoming for Jaycee Dugard. Police say she was held captive for 18 years by Phillip Garrido, who is the father of her two children. Tonight new allegations have surfaced against Garrido. The new twists and turns in the story tonight on 360°.

Join us for these stories and more starting at 10pm ET. See you then!

Filed under: Maureen Miller • The Buzz
  1. Mary from New Orleans

I LOVE you More Michael Jackson !!!

September 4, 2009 at 8:34 am |
  2. Mary from New Orleans

I am still in shock at his passing!
    We have lost the greatest Entertainer of our time !!!
    May he now rest in peace with the Angels...

We will NEVER forget you Michael Dear >

Thanks for the talent and kind heart !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 4, 2009 at 8:29 am |
  3. MERINA

Micheal, Rest in Peace. We shall miss your music. I will always remember you whenever I hear your songs especially "we are the world. " it is not easy to help the poor especially when you are privealedged. but you sacrified your time with your friends to help the poor in africa.

September 4, 2009 at 8:20 am |
  4. eli

The world will miss you, Michael. Gracias por Todo! RIP

September 4, 2009 at 8:13 am |
  5. J.V.Hodgson

Now MJ is laid to rest I hope the media lays the so called story to rest.
    Whatever happens after this is either family personal( keep your nose out) or is related to the Homicide this can be marginally seen as of public interest but has no real bearing or help to the family.
    Either way homicide or not for the family ( or fans) he is gone i.e no future, and we can remember and admire the good times, be unhappy about bad times. Whether he was a pathological druggie aided and abetted in his death by doctors or not does not change anything for family or fans. He was who and what HE was good and bad just like the rest of us!
    No more of this inane coverage please!! How when and where he died will not change the world. The only caveat to that is the unforgiveable availabilty of the drug that killed him Push that as much as you like and getthe law changed, thats a benefit for all of us, and sad that MJ's death may have been necessary to get there!
    Regards,
    Hodgson.

September 4, 2009 at 5:27 am |
  6. marsita

R.I.P michael, you will always be in my heart , the world will never ever forget you michael KING OF POP.
    LOVE YOU ALWAYS.
    Marsita Jungerman from Surinam

September 4, 2009 at 5:24 am |
  7. Sharon Tipler

Maybe now your soul and spirit can rest in peace. Let the angels sing in their loudest voice.

September 4, 2009 at 5:16 am |
  8. Joan

I also mourn the loss of Michael Jackson; because his talent can only be compared to that of 'Elvis'. Michael was an emotionally, and perhaps, physically (sexually) abused child and forced to perform to his father's requirement for his own personal, financial benefit. I'm sure Michael's father is not shedding the tears that all of us are. GB Michael; RIP. You most certainly deserve to do so.

September 4, 2009 at 4:45 am |
  9. jc

thank god this is allover with! the last two mos been unbearable with whacko jacko and whacko-son family. there all crazy!

September 4, 2009 at 4:09 am |
  10. Nanci

~Sad...just sad~ Finally this tortured soul will be allowed to begin his true journey toward peace and serenity.

September 4, 2009 at 4:05 am |
  11. L DUB

THE WORLD IS A LONELY PLACE WITHOUT YOUR PHYSICAL PRESENCE, MAY YOU FOREVER REST IN HEAVENLY PEACE.
    YOU WILL FOREVER BE IN MY HEART.

IN LOVING MEMORY OF MICHAEL JOSEPH JACKSON

September 4, 2009 at 3:59 am |
  12. Yana

We just buried not the Greatest Entertainer of All Time, which is a pretty good title to hold, but the Greatest Humanitarian and Civil Rights leader of All Time.......From Tokyo to London, from Cape Town to New York, he told us to hold each other's hand and call each other brother and sister....that is his legacy, he changed the world, and today, for that reason I am inconsolable.....

I also visited Forest Lawn Cemetery a few days ago, and the Mausoleum is such a fitting resting place for him....Medieval, grandiose, which Michelangelo's works inside which he admired so much, and calm Classical music so soothing to the soul.
    But he will never be gone, he will remain forever in our hearts.....

September 4, 2009 at 3:42 am |
  13. Jenny

It's still hard to believe he's really gone. This is so sad, so final.
    Dear Michael, may you finally rest in peace. You will never be forgotten and I will forever miss you.

September 4, 2009 at 2:30 am |
  14. Oliver

It is so sad ! Rest in peace !
    We will miss your voice, your person and your big heart !

September 4, 2009 at 1:51 am |
  15. Gina V. New Orleans La.

I was crying tonight as if he was my like my husband or brother. I'm disappointed that, I got to see him perform in the 90's. I did see him and he's brother over 20 something. It's very to accept that he's gone,but do believe that he's work here on earth is done. Long live M.J. Gina V. New Orleans La.

September 4, 2009 at 1:50 am |
  16. Norvell

I really think America has gone completely mad. People are not showing any respect for the office of the Presidency. I am a retired teacher and have always had my students to write anvessay on current events. The input from the kids, just a fantastic idea. You would be surprise how these children think without putting a color to their thoughts, so innocent and honest. Lets continue to put children first. Out of the mouth of babes comes wisdom.

September 4, 2009 at 1:48 am |
  17. Laura

I am disgusted with the Jackson Family and how they allowed this to go on for so long. They should have buried him like 65 days ago! A funeral should be something reverent and a time to remember your loved one not to make a huge "look at us" spectacle. I can't believe that they have not put him to rest. I don't understand what they are thinking, this whole long Debacle was more about the Jackson Family not Michael Jackson. They should be embarrassed at the way they disgraced him and handled this whole tragic ordeal.

September 4, 2009 at 1:34 am |
  18. Janice

R.I.P. Michael
    My sympathy goes out to the entire Jackson family and
    friends.

September 4, 2009 at 1:33 am |
  19. Monica Xavier

LOVE YOU FOREVER AND EVER, MICHAEL

THE WORLD WILL NEVER BE THE SAME WITHOUT YOU =(

THANKS FOR EVERYTHING
    THANKS FOR SAVING ME SO MANY TIMES

REST IN PEACE, MY ANGEL

LOVE FROM BRAZIL

September 4, 2009 at 1:21 am |
  20. will

Finally, Michael Jackson can rest in peace, and look down upon us, has the angel he was on earth now up in the sky and heavens above... RIP Michael, I'll keep you and your family in my prayers....

September 4, 2009 at 1:19 am |
  21. Bahareh

I miss you Michael. You will always be in my heart. I am still sad and totally devastated. There will never be another Michael Jackson. Ever! RIP.. You will always be in my heart.:(

September 4, 2009 at 1:12 am |
  22. Steve Silver

I've been a Republican since Goldwater in 64, worked on every McCain campaign until he chose Sarah Palin. I'm a white male, won't vote Democrat but I now truly believe the Republitcans are racists!

September 4, 2009 at 12:56 am |
  23. oscar

M agic happens as he moves his feet
    I ncredible is the sound when he moves his lips
    C hild sweet child, full of talent, grace and peace
    H e’s now an angel, that’s not hard to see
    A s earth embraces his body, his spirit is set free
    E ternity to his kindness and his legacy
    L eave life with a smile, walk life with the rhythm of the king’s beat

J oy he brought to those he touch
    A sweet voice told me, I won’t be alone
    C rying angels that day didn’t say too much
    K ing Michael’s body is lifeless, is a painful song
    S ing my brother sing, sing alone with me, do it higher just another a notch
    O h sana oh sana, oh sana mi senor
    N o crying, just “smile”, you are in my heart, you are not gone.

Thank you Michael and just like you predicted I’ll never can say good bay. I’ll keep enjoying you until I die….OAML1966…..

September 4, 2009 at 12:45 am |
  24. Vicki

I am so glad Micheal is going to be laid to rest He is now sleeping. I agree with Kary I think most of his family has and is still making money off of Micheal I don't think his Mother tho I would have been honered to meet him I love his music God Bless You Micheal

September 4, 2009 at 12:44 am |
  25. Valyncia B

Obviously a troubled individual emotionally. But none the less what MJ gave us is undeniably one of greatest influences ever to be left upon the world. I am so thankful to have lived in a time where MJ gave us his beautiful music. Rest in peace...You WILL remain the greatest!

September 4, 2009 at 12:40 am |
  26. David, Indiana

Is that a piano arrangement of Hold Me? Very lovely.

Anderson, thank you for your coverage of this service. Insightful and thoughtful in every way and to the point too.

September 4, 2009 at 12:32 am |
  27. Royla

Michael Jackson's vocal percussion.....unsurpassed.

September 4, 2009 at 12:32 am |