September 2nd, 2009

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 9/2/09

We’ve heard a lot about Phillip Garrido, the convicted sex offender who fathered two children with Jaycee Dugard, but his wife Nancy is also charged with Jaycee’s kidnapping and rape.

Also tonight part two of Drew Griffin’s investigation into the black market for human organs. Tonight you’ll see just how desperate some people are for Kidneys and we’ll introduce you to a man who preys on that desperation.

Want to know what else we're covering? Read EVENING BUZZ

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

Filed under: Live Blog • T1
  1. Isabel Siaba, Brazil

Both are guilty, but nobody wants to get stuck. So be insane or a victim is convenient!

September 2, 2009 at 10:12 pm |
  2. ann

Nancy G was very much aware of what her husband was doing. She was his partner in crime and she needs to be prosecuted to the maximum extent of the law.

September 2, 2009 at 10:12 pm |
  3. sabrina Atlanta

I think both need to be kept in jail, women don't need to protect these animals

September 2, 2009 at 10:12 pm |
  4. Karlene

Hello Anderson and team 360,
    I think she is just as guilty as her husband. Both aught to go to jail for life.
    To think of the psychological damage done to the girls and to Jaycee, It will take a life time to recover if they ever do.

September 2, 2009 at 10:12 pm |
  5. Linda-Portland, OR

i can't believe nancy garrido worked as a CNA!....yikes!

September 2, 2009 at 10:12 pm |
  6. Charles in Las Vegas, NV

Chris Brown's poor attempt to reconcile with the public was upstaged by his blatant refusal to answer questions and give details. Why he agreed to go on the show to discuss the situation and then proceeded to avoid answering the questions we (the people) want answers to is beyond me.

September 2, 2009 at 10:12 pm |
  7. catherine

Regarding: Jaycee Lee Dugard.....during the period of time she was held, who delivered the babies?

September 2, 2009 at 10:12 pm |
  8. Ev in FL

I think Chris Brown's apology was not sincere at all.Those photos of that poor girl told the story.

Nancy Garrido was just as responsible!

September 2, 2009 at 10:12 pm |
  9. Erica B

Chris Brown is young and made mistake that he should have the chance to redeem himself for.

September 2, 2009 at 10:12 pm |
  10. Meg

I agree with your experts this evening....if a deal is cut with either of the Garrido's and they get anything other than life in prison, I've lost my belief in the American legal system.

September 2, 2009 at 10:12 pm |
  11. LaToya

The interview with Chris Brown I don't believe enough had been said about what actually happened with the incident between he and Rihanna. I do believe that he was wrong for abusing her, and that this is truly something that he will never forget and will have to live with for the rest of his life hopefully like we all should he learn from his mistakes.

12. starr, formerly known as vincent

I missed the Chris Brown interview, but from the sound of the majority of the blog, no one is buying his apology.

13. Dolly Mongroo

Chris need to get a life he is bad news for our childrens.

14. Anne

Love you Anderson. Good job.

15. Michelle, Canada

What else can she use as a defence? I predict they'll end up killed in jail.

16. Monique T.

I believe everyone should get a second chance. Human Beings are not perfect....Give Chris Brown the opportunity without Bias for a second chance. I was a female abuser for many years... with Spirituality & Professional counseling this situation can be his last.

17. cathy from Barbados

Good evening everyone, after seeing Chris Brown's interview I am disappointed in the Mothers responses. Monsters even at 20 years of age are not created overnight. Is it really possible with only one years counselling to get over this problem? Will he kill his next victim?

18. Karen

When Chris was watching his click on his apology he was laughing. Who does he think hes fooling?

19. Mike, Syracuse, NY

Pedophiles should just be executed on the spot. There is nothing more vile.

20. Kari

His wife does have a glazed over, not quite in touch with reality look about her. How did she meet him again? Was she cruisin prisons for available men?

21. Taraji

he should not have to tell us in detail what happen. we have no idea what goes on in each others homes this just happen to get out. I dont agree with it but come on I think he can just pray for forgivness, and then our opinons would not matter we are not above anyone noone is perfect

22. Lyvonne

Phillip Garrido and his wife need their behind kicked! and rot in hell!

23. Kathy

When they got married, Nancy looked very "young." That's probably why he was attracted to her. As she started to look older, he moved on to young girls again.

24. Sam(antha), Boston MA

This whole situation just grows more complex and disturbing as the days pass. It's so difficult for me to believe that no one even suspected what was taking place. I cannot even fathom why the police would not have looked to him when Jaycee went missing in the first place, and why they would not have entered the backyard when they found out that children were living there. He's a sex offender who never mentioned children to any prior to that situation. Wouldn't that have seemed odd? None of this makes any sense to me. I just hope Jaycee and her children are able to recover from this.

25. Reese

Everyone need's to get over the whole Rihanna & Chris Brown situation! Yes, what he did was very wrong! But we dont know the whole story! We dont personaly know those two! so we shouldn't judge or point finger's at anyone! I also do believe he is sorry! Let it go!

26. Linda-Portland, OR

good evening Anderson, Erica and Team360......a lot of news tonight.......i think nancy garrido is just as culpable and should be held accountable

27. Monica

The Garrido story is terrible and the wife should go to jail forever she could have let that girl go when her husband was in jail. Chris Brown is young and hopefully he can turn his live around with counseling from a professional. He is not OJ or Ike Turner...as long as he gets help from the right people he can learn not to do this again.

28. donna

I don't think that animal's wife is a victim. I think she was a willing participant and should rot in prison for what she watched happen to that poor little girl

29. ashley y.

I can't believe someone could do something like that!

30. lashaun

i think chris brown should really get another chance because i dont think people see past that he is a celebrity and everyone makes mistakes.

31. Melanie

Who is she kidding? Hopefully not anyone...she is just as sick as Phillip.

32. David, Indiana

Good evening Anderson, Erica, Isabel (missed you last nignt), everyone.

Not to defend sex offenders, but maybe many of them are ending up all together in the town of Antioch because they have a hard time finding a place to live.

Nancy Garrido could be a victim, that's a possibility, she could've been intimiated by Phillip Garrido. Or she could've been fully colluding with her husband.

33. Paul Edelstein

Just watch Nancy Garrido will get off scott free!

34. Joseph in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

I don't even want to hear any excuse Nancy Garrido has after just hearing that her monster of a husband when to jail on a parole violation in 1993. She had plenty of time to do the right thing and let the girl go and free herself from her supposed hell of a marriage.

35. ron

Where did Jaycee give birth to her children? Was it in a hospital? If so, she was a teenager and how come no one raised a question?

36. Isabel Siaba, Brazil

It's outrageous that they have destroyed families and now she is a victim!

37. Lori, IL

Nancy Garrido married her husband when he was in prision for committing rape. To me, this says a lot about her - she knew who she was marrying. She's just as guilty as he is. My question would be is why she didn't have children with her husband? Perhaps she went along with the kidnapping, etc. in a desparate attempt to have children she herself could not bear. Has anyone asked this question?

38. Debra Kay

Chris Brown in my opinion has a serious problem with anger management. He is a ragaholic. Meaning, he is addicted to rage.
    When he went into the rage attack on Rihanna he was releasing endorphines into his system. This ultimately calmed him down, after the attack. That is why people like this are addicted to rage. It actually calms them down. It's like taking a drug.

39. Sharon Hastings

Well, Chris Brown is not the most articulate person and I couldn't understand half of what he said, if he said anything that wasn't sort of rambling, but I do know I want Mark Gerragos as my attorney if I ever need one. I love him.

40. Donna, Ontario, Canada

I don't buy Chris Brown apology. No man should ever put their hands on a woman we all seen the picture what he did is disturbing

41. Teresa, OH

Nancy was ID'd as being in the car when the kidnapping took place. Does anyone know if she drove the car or was she the kid-grabber?

That info would be a tell in this case.

42. Anne

Outrageous! He had a pitty look on his face the whole interview. Was he looking for sympathy. Violence is learned. He has no memory. How convenient. Maybe because he was high.? He should be in jail. If he lived in Canada that's where he would be.

September 2, 2009 at 10:09 pm |
  43. Dolly Mongroo

We need better laws to keep our children safe.

September 2, 2009 at 10:09 pm |
  44. Jennifer Cerf

Chris Brown is a fraud. I worked as Domestic Violence advocate and I can tell you he remembers exactly what he did. The pretty boy can dress up in baby blue looking cute but he doesn't fool me. He's a batterer. He just got caught. I promise you unlike his attorney that he will do this again. To Rhianna if she gives him another chance (which is likely) or someone else. He has money, attorney, and the media to fight for him. He is an abuser and that behavior doesn't just stop.

September 2, 2009 at 10:09 pm |
  45. Karen

Why are these sex offenders let out? They cannot be helped. Lives are destroyed

September 2, 2009 at 10:09 pm |
  46. Melanie

I think Chris Brown is full of it-apology not accepted !!

September 2, 2009 at 10:09 pm |
  47. wendy

I believe Chris Brown will be back in the news for the same crime within the next three years. Actions speak louder than words. Nothing he said sounded sincere.

September 2, 2009 at 10:09 pm |
  48. maggie

garrido was tried prev. for sexual assualt...if we took these crimes seriously and punished these criminals properly crimes such as these could be avoided. This says a great deal of the punishments rapists and molesters currently undergo...if you can even call them punishments since so many are repeat perpetrators. If we started taking such allegations seriously and pursuing these criminals AS CRIMINALS so many of these crimes could be avoided. The onus is on the criminal processing system.

September 2, 2009 at 10:09 pm |
  49. Zaib

Watching chris on Larry king, it seems he has alot of hidden hostility towards him mom. Could this have been the reason for his attack?

September 2, 2009 at 10:09 pm |
  50. Kevin Snyder

I'm glad he's admitting to what he did. It could've been a bit earlier, but I think it's good he discussed it.

September 2, 2009 at 10:09 pm |