August 25th, 2009
  1. kw

I agree with jim about the aclu. Let the aclu people guard the terroist. this issue has already been completed. Its time to move on. These were unusual times, things are normal now. Yes the law should be followed but 9-11 and terrist are not usual times. So the aclu,far left liberal democratics and msnbc should get over it and move on with the rest of us. We need jobs and not have to worry about what happened years ago.

August 25, 2009 at 5:01 pm |
  2. Martina Ilstad Germany

Hey Anderson
    To used torture tacticts agains a prisoner,for me it is a really crime.So the CIA and the people, they gave this order,are not better than any other criminals.And America have to punish this people,to show the whole world,that there is a low and order in this country,which makes no differences who you are.

August 25, 2009 at 1:03 pm |
  3. Joe G. (Illinois)

How would you describe the USA? How would you rank it among all other nations? If your answers include the magic words “Above all others” then I think a simple regiment of natural calamities, financial calamities, economical calamities, political calamities and the such ought to bring everybody into check.. But does America want to..? America wants the cough medicine without the bad taste.. It wants the vitamin B12 shot without the sting.. It wants to leap over a recession by spending trillions upon trillion like there is no tomorrow. Why?! Because it thinks of itself as “Above all others.” So when faced with moral issues even America demands the best manicure before administering torture.

August 25, 2009 at 12:29 pm |
  4. jacki

this is a JOKE about the torture tacts of the US. what we do is VERY MINOR compared to what they do to our people.

DO we tie their hands and feet together and put a bag over their hand ONLY to pull it off while on TV for the world to see and while he says goodbye to his family and pleads for the US to Help him they use a Mache and cut off the head for the world to see!!!!

August 25, 2009 at 12:02 pm |
  5. Donna Wood, Lil' Tennessee

O.k. so these things really did happen or someone just said they happened? Is it more like so and so said someone said something or other? What? I actually agreed more with what Ms. Townsend was trying to get across to the extent that I understood what she was trying to convey! I still don't get why this should be such a big deal. These people that alleged these things, and it still is alleged, it doesn't sound to me like anything has been sufficiently proven even, would have murdered and/or tortured some of our own people to get information that they wanted from us but that's what?, o.k.? But our guys can't do the same things to gain information from them? Sounds more like some official here is trying to kiss some other foreign dignitary's big, stupid but to me! Please pardon my french! And why would digging deeper be considered too dangerous at this point? Is that supposed to be like a threat? And who's doing the threatening anyway? I mean why should this knowledge be too dangerous for anyone? I guess it's just not making too much sense to me. Too much cloak and dagger!

Donna Wood
    Lexington, Tennessee

August 25, 2009 at 11:57 am |
  6. Jim

I was listening to CNN this morning about the ACLU Belly aching about prisoner abuse- Here is what we do-
    We put the ACLU in charge of ALL prisoners so they can wipe thier noses & their Butts for them, pat them on the head & tell them just how wonderfull they are What good little terrorists they are, make sure they are properly dressed, housed, fed, Or we can send the ACLU to parts of the world were they Tourture people & learn what things are like out in the REAL world, Let them be treated as some of OUR Soilders were treated in Korea & Viet Nam, Iraq,Afganistan & just maybe the ACLU will WAKE UP & smell the coffee.When it comes to My rights & Civil Liberties-
    The ACLU is as useless as a milk buckett under a Bull.

August 25, 2009 at 11:41 am |