August 14th, 2009
  1. RoseProphecy

This is wonderful and will create much change of patterns among the children thinking more of asking questions than feeling hopeless! One one one with the most powerful man in the world has to have some positive impact on the patterns of dealing with the children!
    They are no longer alone in the world and that is why I rose and wrote 9 books in one year in 1994 for the children and the youth to reclaim their right and dignity for they were forgotten.

This was affective also in the level of raising compassion in the world for the leaders when all want to keep creating adversity for President and those who make a difference!

My own son I was telling a friend a couple of days ago and write in my book that said to me if he was president he would change the school time not to be so long!He said as it is it seems like school is the babysitting place for parents not to spend enough time with their children! Also he said his teachers must learn to give freedom to the student one day that he came and said it is no use for him to write for them choose the size and what to say and if you are different they will not accept it. Another day my son came and said he does not want to go to school because the teacher beats up on the students here in Newport Beach California and when I went and talked to teacher she hurst into tears and said she is divorcing and I told her to take break and then come back and things changed.

August 15, 2009 at 5:31 pm |
  2. Paula V.

I think it's great that President Obama agreed to such an interview. It sends a message to kids everywhere, regardless of gender or economic status, that he listens to kids and values their opinions. I also think that President Obama recognizes that a kid of that age, with that much ambition, will probably go on to achieve great things in life, if people simply give him a chance.

August 15, 2009 at 2:00 pm |
  3. alex lyrics

Obama is really cool. I saw that interview, and he really is bringing the government to the people. God bless, him, he and Mr.s Obama are giving so much access to government to our youth. Isn't that what it is all about, our youth?
    You gotta love this presidential family.

August 15, 2009 at 1:13 pm |
  4. Brenda

Great for him. Children need to be givent he opportunity to do such things. It is really remarkable that the President gave him the interview and talked to him and not down to him. I commend both President Obama and Damon on a job well done.

August 15, 2009 at 2:48 am |
  5. KIm

Recovery America and Reinvestment Act 2009 at work ! 100 billion dollars to retain teachers and improve our nations over-all educational system.Snille blix tarna ! State by state "funding table "is set for dinner and a "fairly sliced "pie will be served with ice cream. Keep teachers teaching and keep kids interviewing the president ! 11 years old and interviews the president and Obama agrees ! No doubt,flashes of genius ! State fiscal stabilization funds vary from state to state as does Title I. Pell Grant funding is up ! Yet reports indicate teacher lay offs,larger class sizes and reductions in assistance for high poverty school districts ? Is there an end to the mandates viewing PL 107-110,NCLB ?

August 15, 2009 at 12:26 am |
  6. Anne Morgan - Atlanta, GA

All I can say is that he did such a great job, I hope his mother
    gives him lots and lots of french fries and mangos!

August 14, 2009 at 11:38 pm |
  7. joyce mugun

excellent excellent for this boy to do what he is doing. God bless him in his endeavors. Finally he got his own time with obama after trying so hard during inauguration/ ;love him love him love him. Anderson make sure this guy get a movie career. I know you can

August 14, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  8. SandraWI

How wonderful. I'm proud of you young man.

August 14, 2009 at 10:49 pm |
  9. Catherine

I am glad that the president has found time to talk to the younger generations. I wish him luck and I hope that he will do a good job here.

August 14, 2009 at 10:14 pm |
  10. Dustin

it is awesome i want to meet president obama

August 14, 2009 at 9:45 pm |
  11. Ray Fallis

Anderson...Great job on TODAY show...you sure were hungry today...just wolfed that taco down! Made me laugh -in a good way....when you're hungry–you're hungry–damn the camera! Rock on!

August 14, 2009 at 9:26 pm |
  12. Steven Ste.Croix

What continues to amaze me about President Obama is his desire to be in touch with America at so many levels. In a country as large as the United States, there will always be controversy over major issues, but President Obama has found the time for events such as this interview and his town hall note to the teacher a few momths back.
    They may seem like small things, but they continue to demonstrate an engaged President.
    Steven (Canada)

August 14, 2009 at 9:23 pm |
  13. Zoe

Dear Santa, pls make ac360 video format viewable on me iPhone. xxoo

August 14, 2009 at 9:02 pm |
  14. Anne Farrington

Children are so needed to be apart of the process. It is they that are one of the more urgent issues. One of those is the treatment in foster care that affects children of all backgrounds. If they can speak and tell us of the situation maybe something can be done and we would all have less health problems and sleepless nights as we lay awake at night pretending we dont hear the screaming children.

August 14, 2009 at 8:50 pm |
  15. Annie Kate

Neat for him!! Not many children of his age will have a memory like that to look back on. I wonder if he will turn out to be a reporter once he grows up or if this episode convinced him to do something else? Obama was quite gracious with him and I thought quite on target with his pitch – he talked to him not like just a child but as someone between being a child and an adult. Great piece!!

August 14, 2009 at 7:40 pm |