August 14th, 2009

Send us your health care questions

Eliza Browning
AC360° Associate Producer

Health care reform has become quite a contentious issue over the weeks. Actually, make that years, or decades, depending on how you look at it. The rhetoric has ramped up on all sides of this debate and politicians, special interest groups and members of the public are weighing in with their concerns and opinions.

We're looking beyond the political battle at the proposed health care reform plan. We want to know what questions you have about the plans to overhaul the health care system. Do you need more clarification? What is most important to you?

Dr. Sanjay Gupta will answer your questions and give you specific information about what the reform could mean for you and your medical care.

Post your questions here!

1. Anne Morgan - Atlanta, GA

I hear the President talk a lot about "preventive" medicine.
    With regards to obesity and diabetes, I agree you can get
    someone to take their medication. However, how can
    you get people to lose weight when they have tried over
    and over and failed many times? It's not that they aren't motivated,
    as evidenced by how much money is spent each year on
    diet pills, diet plans, and other diet aids. Losing weight and
    keeping it off is an ongoing battle for millions of Americans.
    Even if you give doctors incentives to get their patients to lose
    weight, they will bug their patients until the patient will just
    stop going to the doctor altogether. I don't think most doctors
    just wait until the foot needs to be amputated. They are trying
    to get their patients to lose weight, and the patients know
    they need to, but they can't.

Dr. Gupta, I heard you ask this question to another doctor on
    Larry King, but I just wanted you to know I agree completely,
    and I see this as a problem.

August 14, 2009 at 9:10 pm |
  2. Shelley

So, now I have been turned down by Blue Cross of Arizona because I have high cholesterol. And on the same day I received a letter from Blue Cross Alaska that they were going to drop me if I could not prove residency. Yet, Blue Cross Arizona says that they are not affiliated with Blue Cross Alaska. I pray for health care reform. All I ever see is insurance companies getting rich and ripping people off. Obama can charge me, tax me, I don't care. I would rather give my money to the goverment than I would the insurance companies.

August 14, 2009 at 8:52 pm |
  3. Jan from Wood Dale IL

We keep hearing the term "affordable" health care. Who will decide what is "affordable"? People who have Medicare generally require paying for a supplemental insurance policy to cover the costs NOT covered by Medicare. Do we even know if a new type of government sponsored program wouldn't have the same problems as Medicare?

August 14, 2009 at 8:24 pm |
  4. Annie Kate

I'd like to know:

1) will prescriptions be covered with no "do-nut" hole clause like Medicare has?

2) What types of surgeries are considered elective that we might have to wait on?

3) Will there be an easy transition for those who have health insurance through their work but their work decides not to offer it anymore or the person gets laid off and doesn't have the health insurance any longer? I know one job I was tied to for quite a while because I had to have the health insurance benefits. It forces you right now to choose between health insurance and career enhancement.

Thank you for posting this.

August 14, 2009 at 8:23 pm |
  5. Noah, IL

I have been hearing a lot about how the Obama health plan will send private insurance companies out of business. Is this true? It seems to me that the Federal government is simply offering an alternative to private health insurance companies to those that cannot afford to pay for health insurance. If that is the case, if it is nothing more than an alternative, why are people against it?

August 14, 2009 at 8:12 pm |
  6. Mark from Saint Louis

Since the private insurance plans can't compete with the government option, why are the supporters of HR 3200 lying about it, saying that it will enhance competition?

August 14, 2009 at 7:29 pm |
  7. Tammy, Houma, LA

First, do any of these bills stop frivolous malpractice suits and class action suits? Second, do any of these bills lower the costs of medical training which put MD's in debt before they ever begin to practice medicine. Third, do these bills tell doctors what they can and cannot prescribe for treatment or will they be able to engage in their best practices instead of those created by the insurance industry. Fourth, will the insurance and medical industries go under any sort of reform in these bills? Seriously, has anyone looked at the ridiculous cost of a band-aid during a hospital visit (and we wonder why insurance companies won't pay for things)? Finally, will I get the same level of care in a public hospital run by our government than I can at a facility like MD Anderson or Ochsner? Since people come from other countries to go to these facilities for the best treatment, I'm doubting it.

August 14, 2009 at 7:19 pm |
  8. Amanda

If this bill is passed, will all state employees be required to transfer to this government health care plan? Will I be able to keep the current coverage that the state offers me with the same doctors and benefits?

What I would really like to know is why is congress voting on a bill where there are so many un-knowns and lack of foresight? Why haven't they "ironed out" all the kinks in the bill before they pass it instead of passing it and dealing with the problems later?

August 14, 2009 at 7:17 pm |
  9. Miriam Cooper, NY

Hi Anderson,

There are some very good medical stores in US. When are these things going to be made in USA and not imported?

August 14, 2009 at 7:09 pm |
  10. Ron San Bruno, Ca

Dr.Gupta, are you comfortable with what you know about President Obama's Health Program ,too personally throw your support to the Yea's.

August 14, 2009 at 7:00 pm |
  11. Molly

Will the Health Care Reform bill eliminate the need for long
    term care insurance?

August 14, 2009 at 6:49 pm |
  12. Gene Davis

I wish the commentators would do their jobs, when talking to these political idiots. For instance question. Do you think these people should act the way the do at the Townhall meetings. Answer Yes this is America. A RIGHT IS NO LONGER A RIGHT WHEN IT TAKES THE RIGHT AWAY THE OTHER PERSON. How about the people drowned out. I havn't heard that once. Is That American democracy too. We need to start demanding every bodies rights.
    Gene

August 14, 2009 at 6:26 pm |
  13. Louise W.

Why is it that health care reform proposals have to be "phased in"? I fail to understand why, when President Obama keeps insisting that the reason the health care system is in crisis is because people are going bankrupt over an unexpected illness, that provisions such as eliminating discrimination for "pre-existing conditions" can't be made to be effective immediately and relieve people of this burden. Most of the letters and comments I see from people concerned about getting access to affordable (or any) health care are from people suffering from pre-existing conditions who have been denied access to health care by insurance companies more concerned with their bottom lines than with people's health. Someone please explain this to me.

August 14, 2009 at 6:19 pm |
  14. Elizabeth Grady, Baltimore MD

I am a 47 year old single woman who is unemployed and is a type 2 diabetic. I have multiple medical issues that need to be attended to, but can't afford it. How is this health plan going to help me and the millions of American's in the same situation???

August 14, 2009 at 6:09 pm |
  15. Elisa

The GOP and Fox news believe in "the bigger the lie the more people will believe it" this is exacltly what's happening w/ the health reform, there has to be a way to stop them!!!

August 14, 2009 at 6:00 pm |
  16. Helen

Heallth care has been a financial problem for years and now that we have a President that feels that it is time to change the system the American people are acting so childish (emotion over intelligence) that nobody is actually listening. I had my health care insurance paid by my employer with a 10/20% deducted from my pay. I still had a deductable, prescriptions were also included along with deductable.
    When laid off I could choose Cobra which meant that I pay the full premium, this is for 18 months, or go without health care, or apply with an independat insurance company. I went with Cobra, this was saving me an estimated $500.00 ea. month.
    Now I would like to add that I am a healthy 70 yr. old.
    Then we have younger people (not full time students) that are unable to afford their own insurance, a medical problem arrives and they get a bill for over $3000.00. Paying this in payments on a part-time job will take a long time.The we have a single person 35-45 years old and their employer does not offer health care insurance (small co.), this means that this person goes without medication that is told by a doctor that he/she should be taking.
    There are many people that do not have health care and need it and I believe that if our goverment can assist in helping then we should stop yelling and listen. The majority of the people make less than $250000.00 a year and will not have a tax increase, the people that do and have had it so easy when it comes to their taxes that also has influence with sources in our goverment to block this health care reform from going throuht. The current administration is the extreme opposit than what we have had for so long, they get nerves and start doubting. Let the senators do their job, we voted for them, they work for us and we need to start believing again in our goverment.
    There are to many people that create bitterness (town halls, example) because the Insurance companies hire them to upset the apple cart.
    Start thinking as a mature american not an emotional youngster that has no clue about the real world. The cost of prescriptions, hospital, and doctors have to be updated to the current world, get out of the closet and look around. The doctors are controlled by the insurance companies and also are the hospitals. As far as S.Palen goes, she should stay in her home and tend to her family, stay out of politics, narrow mindness does not become her.
    Pre-existing conditions would be ousted by the reform and that is a good thing.
    I can go on but this is probably to long already.
    Lets start acting like Americans and come together as such.

August 14, 2009 at 5:49 pm |
  17. Khalid

Before you take Canada health system as reference, you should check the facts. The best place to find the facts is in http://www.fraserinstitute.org . check Reports Card section, and look for Hospital performance in Ontario, then click on How Good Is Canadian Health Care? 2007 Report. , see in particular table 14. Then make you choices

August 14, 2009 at 5:39 pm |
  18. Charles

It's really quite simple.
    A. The health ins. co's and big pharma are making hugely obscene profits and don't want ANY change.

B. The republicans have sold what little soul they have to these big business types.

C. Both of the above groups place profit above the suffering they create.

D. If the american people are stupid enough to buy into all the bull, and oppose reform, they will get what they deserve... huge increases in health ins. premiums, policy cancelations when they become ill, and health ins. executives deciding what treatment you can get.

What I find hard to understand is how all these supposed family values working class types can support opposing reforms... don't they have the sense to realize that they are working against their own interests? Wait! Never mind, anybody stupid enough to support Palin and to listen to Limpbaugh and Beck... yeah, it makes sense after all.

August 14, 2009 at 5:33 pm |
  19. Patty, Ontario

You don't have anything, if you don't have your health. It is so sad to see people vehemently opposing something that would make such a positive impact on their own day to day lives, and their hopes for the future. Especially when they do it out of fear created by out, and out lies told to them for political or financial gain, or out of their own fear of change. Do you see people with socialized/universal healthcare protesting the high costs, government interference, or death panels? Americans have a lower standard of living, higher infant mortality rate, and shorter life expectancies than western/industrialized nations who have the types of healthcare provisions being discussed by the government. Healthcare should have been priority #1 for Pres. Obama. 401ks, and property values would mean more to citizens if they had a longer, healthier retirement to look forward to, and didn't have to worry about one illness wiping out all their investments anyway. Does anyone out there worry about insurance companies
    refusing those with genetic pre-dispositions if pre-existing conditions
    are at issue. The technology is becoming more readily available. It
    is sad to see a country with so much, do so little to provide for the most basic need of its people. I wish you well Pres. Obama.

August 14, 2009 at 5:30 pm |
  20. JR, Miami, FL

When will the healthcare changes occur? Why have we ceased hearing about everyone having access to the same health plan as the President and Congress as promised during their campaigns?

My insurance premium has risen over $100 per year in the past 5 years and is now almost $900 per month! I have COBRA. The President says those with COBRA will get lower premiums. Will this be retroactive as well? Will premiums be capped?

Should I consider dropping my insurance vs. seeking a new insurance? Unavoidable pre-existing condtions pose a problem no matter what. The President says this will cease.

By the time a healthcare bill is approved, I fear my insurance premium will have skyrocketed beyond my ability to pay. Mind you this does not include any other medical costs like prescriptions, treatments prescribed by my doctor that the insurance company does not cover, copayments, over the counter medication/ supplies, etc.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my concerns.

P.S. As a doctor, please let me dispel the myth that we (and nurses) are "paid too much". Today doctors finishing medical school entering residency are in debt at least $50,000 to $100,000 or more. Residency training barely pays enough to cover monthly living expenses.

August 14, 2009 at 5:16 pm |
  21. Linda, USA

Dr. Timothy Johnson on GMA dispelled some real untruths being told out there about this healthcare reform. The biggest thing he dispelled is that it will NOT be socialized medicine. He explained socialized med. is owned and operated by the government. This will NOT be the case.

Obama's healthcare reform will be regulated more like the airlines, trying to get hospitals to finally submit data and statistics as to who is dying in their places and why, since they're killing more Americans than you know.

This healthcare reform might cost everyone in the beginning, but with millions having NO healthcare now, and our paying taxes for everything from A-Z, what is a few more taxes if it'll insure those less fortunate?

I would like to ask why there isn't more hue and cry over all the lobbyists and special interest groups who are causing panic and fear in people, creating a moblike appearance at town halls, doing everything possible to cause confusion. They are being PAID to do that!! GMA explained there are 6 lobbyists for every congressman.

We need truths and not lies in order to base any opinions or take sides of an issue.

August 14, 2009 at 4:50 pm |
  22. Audrey Boone

I have been fortunately healthy for most of my life, when I worked I had great insurance, but I noticed over the years increased costs with less and less benefits. I suppose I didn't mind too much as I didn't need to access many of the benefits under my health plan, it seemed safe just to have health insurance back then. Now that I look back, I wonder why couldn't health insurance companies custom fit plans to families and individuals, somewhat like one of the car insurance companies (Progressive) lays claim to, where the individual tells the complany how much he can or is willing to spend, as well as allowing the client to choose the options to fit the price. It just seems a waste to not use portions of a health plan that is not needed.

August 14, 2009 at 4:34 pm |
  23. New York Medical Practice

insurers and pharmas have siphoned off much of the industry’s capital, leaving most physicians and service providers in a bind to offer services at virtually below cost in most metropolitan areas and either forcing many to move or leave, or to limit practices to aspects that can remain profitable.

How will any governmental reforms ensure that physicians can be left to practice medicine and not wrestle with insurance company politics?

August 14, 2009 at 4:25 pm |
  24. Matt, Huntington WV

Here's a question,
    "Right to Life" what does that actually mean? I hear it thrown around just about everywhere. The GOP constantly uses that as a rallying cry against Abortion. On the other hand, they say that Health Care is a Privilege and not a Right. Isn't that hypocrisy? I mean, my mother is a teacher who was laid off and is now on unemployment. She is on cobra and is afraid that she will not be able to get healthcare when she is hired again, because of a pre-existing condition. Does she have as much of a right to life as a fetus?

Please advise,
    Matt, Huntington WV

August 14, 2009 at 4:24 pm |
  25. Ken Cain

EASY WAY TO END THE HEALTHCARE CONTROVERSY WITH FAIRNESS FOR ALL. jUST GIVE EVERY AMERICAN CITIZEN THE SAME HEALTH PLAN AS CONGRESS AND THE SENATE. NO MORE AND NO LESS. CONVENE CRONGRESS AND THE SENATE AND PUT IT TO A ROLE CALL VOTE. BET IT WOULD PASS!

August 14, 2009 at 4:13 pm |
  26. Stacy

So much cable news air time has been given to the noise and ridiculousness going on in this debate (death panels?!). I'd like to see more explanation of the other less controversial provisions. For example, how exactly will the future bill ensure that people aren't discriminated against due to pre-existing conditions? A financial breakdown would also be nice regarding the estimated price tag. We keep hearing big figures being thrown around, but let's find out exactly where the money would be going.

August 14, 2009 at 4:02 pm |
  27. Anthony Nguyen

Why do some people think that pooling money together into a single payer system will ever lower Heath care costs? The problem with health care, is not how we are paying, it is the fact that Doctors and nurses are getting paid to much money. They get away with it, because there are so few Doctors and nurses in this country.

We need to address the root cause and lower costs which really is payments to Doctors. The only good way to do this is to increase the number of Doctors in the USA. No one wants to be a Doctor in the USA. Until we address this issue, then cost will continue to rise, no matter who is paying (the government or an insurance company)

Just look at India. Everyone there wants to be a Doctor or Software Engineer. So the cost to see a Doctor in India is $5, becuase there are just so many of them. In the States everyone in my High School class wanted to be a lawyer. That explains everything...

August 14, 2009 at 4:00 pm |
  28. Beverly

I would like to know what efforts are being made to take away control of how we get our healthcare from the insurance companies who now, at present, decide who lives, who dies, what the doctor does, etc., etc. Until the insurance companies stop treating heathcare as a profit-making cesspool, the rest of health care reform will be tough to undertake. Take more control away from the insurance companies.

August 14, 2009 at 4:00 pm |
  29. JC- Los Angeles

Question:

Which hospice is Granny Robinson checking into?

What pill will Christopher Dodd be ingesting?

August 14, 2009 at 3:58 pm |
  30. Kim, Nebraska

I am currently on subsidized COBRA, and will lose the subsidy in November, at which time my premiums will rise to over $400 (I am unemployed). My monthly medication bill is over $200 in co-pays, and w/o insurance it would be around $1000/mon, even with the generics. One of my medications costs over $500/month, W/o my medications I can't work. I was denied disability. You see my problem here?

My question is, what would this healthcare reform do in the way of controlling or offsetting the untenable price of many prescription drugs? What, if any, of this reform will take aim at how the pharmaceutical companies essentially holdi us hostage in exchange for drugs that allow us to live and function?

August 14, 2009 at 3:51 pm |
  31. Brennis

How well will health care reform benefit our children?

Oh do i sound bias....

Well how will health care reform benefit future generations? And immediate will they be able to reap said benefits?

August 14, 2009 at 3:43 pm |
  32. Melissa

Why are people lying so much? Why are other people believing them? And why isn't the press giving REAL information instead of spreading half truths and taking exceptions to the rule as though they are absolute fact in all cases? The press has the chance to do something very powerful here instead of feeding sensationalism.

August 14, 2009 at 3:41 pm |
  33. Mercedes

I would like to read about the Healthe care proposal in full detail to formulate my opinion. It amazing, that I cannot find it on line somewhere. I only find view points from different sides and pieces. It is interesting to me, that so many people on both sides can formulate an opinion on a healthcare plan that they have not read themselves, and have only "heard" about. Please direct me to the actual documented proposal, if it actually exists. I would like to read it myself. What a shocker!

August 14, 2009 at 3:40 pm |
  34. Ann B.

I understand that there is no bill ready to be voted on. Where can I get a copy of the health plans. I would like to read it for myself.

August 14, 2009 at 3:34 pm |
  35. Caroline, Los Angeles

I would very much like to know what those who opposed to expanding Medicare to cover all those who cannot get private insurance through their employers have as an alternate plan?

We can't cover everyone with private insurance like they do in Massachusetts because the costs will skyrocket. We can't let them remain uninsured because that makes the costs continue to rise as well. So what are the plans of the opposition to cover all but also keep rising costs contained?

August 14, 2009 at 3:32 pm |
  36. Tom

Question 1: After reading the first 200 pages of the House sponsored Heathcare bill before Congress, I am appalled by its complexity, ambiguity, and tremendous scope. Americans actually want government to have this measure of control over their lives?

Question 2, multiple: When Physicians are under complete State control, a necessary and inevitable outcome of this( or any other) Government controlled health plan, what exactly do Americans expect? Better healthcare? More accessible? Cheaper? Do you seriously expect Doctors to succumb to outright confiscation of their choices, their lives, their independence, their prosperity, their virtue exploited, and do nothing? Or do you anticipate them being replaced by those willing to sell their souls, or by the less experienced physicians, or 'other' providers? How is this in any objective way, 'better'? And when these physicians refuse to work in a slavery environment, who exactly will care for the sick, the traumatized? Will you force them to work for wages you impose, in an area you determine?

Do you really believe this won't happen?

Question 3: Why is it Americans want 'better', 'universal', or 'less expensive' health care, but are unwilling to pay for it? Is there any commodity on the planet that is desirable,of high value, and the result of human production, that is 'cheap' or 'free'? What system of values do Americans now possess that allow them to believe that the lives of others are to be bartered at their behest? Do you want a system of health care that ignores innovation, improved technology or surgery, devalues the advanced skill and education of our physicians and allied professionals, and eliminates the motivation for new drug production? Do you want more, for less, or nothing?

Do you seriously believe that is possible?

These are just a few of the many question I pose to those who 'propose to help the sick by making life impossible for the healthy'.

August 14, 2009 at 3:31 pm |
  37. Mark from Florida

How much of US healthcare bill is due to "defensive medicine"? Is there a non-political answer as to why we haven't seen it in the bill?

August 14, 2009 at 3:25 pm |
  38. Lilibeth

If the bill is passed, how will it affect my insurance premiums? Will it be more? Less?

If the bill is passed, how will it affect my coverage? Will it be more? Less?

If the bill is passed, will I be able to keep my doctor?

If the bill is passed, will I be able to choose any doctor I want?

If the bill is passed, how will it affect emergency services and payment of such services?

Thanks,
    Lilibeth, WA

August 14, 2009 at 3:23 pm |
  39. Joe G. (Illinois)

Why do people want/pretend/demand a “Heaven on Earth” type of Health Care System and then expect it to come out of someone like Borak Obama? (Someone who is immune and insensible to outrageous abortions?) The mix answer I believe explains somewhat what we are seen in the news lately.. Am I right? Right? Or just someone who’s wrong but gave it a nice try?

August 14, 2009 at 3:18 pm |
  40. Pixie Sherry

What is so wrong with having a single-payer system? I've never heard anyone say "I refuse Medicare because I think it's Socialist!" Why can't we have 'Minimum Financial Responsibility Limits' like we do for auto insurance? I believe that anyone who has more than just themselves to support should be required to have health insurance. It's just plain irresponsible to have children and not insure them or yourself, their main caretaker. Why did I have to take out a home equity loan to pay my medical bills because the rates are still sky-high even with insurance? I have to get a less effective generic medication because $300 monthly treatments + $188 for pills I need put me in the poorhouse. I am feeling less and less empathy for my fellow Americans who are uninsured. Sorry, but the truth is that they are draining my pocketbook and increasing my debt. It will take me at least 4 years to pay off my current debt, and it's just getting piled on each passing day. I went to Congressman McCaul's local office and was told that he is doing 'what he thinks is best for America'. What about what I think is best for me?

August 14, 2009 at 3:18 pm |
  41. matthew, queens, n.y.

is it really necessary to undue our current system to bring health insurance to the uninsured? why not keep the private insurance based system, but make the private insurers compete amongst themselves? let them compete nationally not just in their states or regions. why not expand medicaid to the working poor who cannot afford health insurance? why not fix medicare first? 38 trillion dollars in the hole is a major cause for concern that needs attention from congress. this will be very expensive but is necessary to do. after this and we still have uninsured americans then we can talk about a public option.

August 14, 2009 at 3:17 pm |
  42. Lilibeth

If the bill is passed, will my insurance company allow for pre-existing conditions?

Lilibeth, WA

August 14, 2009 at 3:13 pm |
  43. Alison Pettiette

AC 360, The American economy is still in rescession and many of independent and moderate Americans (not fringe or crazy folks) are extremely concerned that without a plan, it would be foolish to support the administration on the basis of "trust and faith" alone. The proof is in the details. Americans are angry with the administration for trying to sell them " a pig in a poke". How dare they ask for support without actually having a plan out there for Congress or the American public to read and to review. While we need health care refom, forcing the issue on a rushed basis without allowing Congress, much less the American people time to read the proposal that are not yet on the table, is foolhardy. I protect the exaggerated rush to judgment on this issue.

In addition, The government is predicting that Medicare and Social Security Benefits are in danger of becoming "bankrupt" in 2017 and 2037 respectively. In a great society our elderly and seniors are taken care of and those programs are in need of additional financial support. How is it that the administration (the President and the Congress) intend to pay for this proposed Medical Care reform, when they are resisting overhauling and providing adequate financial support for Medical Care & SSN. If they cannot pay for the entitlement programs designed to help our seniors, who have paid taxes and social security taxes throughout their lives, I don't believe any federal overhaul to "medical care" will help anyone in the US. Our seniors are in need of assistance, and they deserve our help before we tackle any other type of overhaul.

August 14, 2009 at 3:13 pm |
  44. Joe D

Why are there not more reports done on people without medical insurance and those who have lost it? The news media seems so focused on those who can scream the loudest.

Give more time to those of us are going to lose everything soon because we have no jobs or medical insurance. Also all your surveys with the reporter Ali M always is with people who have jobs. Try asking those who have NO JOBS. Give both sides a chance?

Sincerely,

Joe D
    Pasadena, CA

August 14, 2009 at 3:10 pm |
  45. michele

I need help. I have frequented bodybuilding and martial arts environments my lifetime and had a nice structure. I am a very nice person. I went to Nevada to visit brother recently and some unknown individuals entered dwelling and removed, yes removed all of my surface muscles including hands feet, back, chest, even neck, butt and legs. I have been in severe pain and dont know who to contact. How do you tell your doctor. I am dead serious, and been a nice church girl my life. If you dont think we have predators of the type, we do. I know the old aliens did surgery on me thing. Im not that. Some real people have mutilated my body, I have small incision and scars all over. Can you tell me who I can contact for help on this? Scared to death.

August 14, 2009 at 3:08 pm |
  46. Mark r

Hey what about giving everybody in America medicare and then they can choose what kind of a supplement they want to purchase, including all the senators & congress, infact all Americans.

August 14, 2009 at 3:02 pm |
  47. Mona Peterson

My next door neighbors "Olga" and her sister "Esther" came over here from Norway. Most of their relatives STILL live in Norway. I asked them about Norway's health care. They proceeded to tell me that it is WONDERFUL health care there!!!- it probably is socialized medicine and it is not badddd! Everything is paid for– even Nursing Home care! And the ELDERLY ARE STILL VERY WELL TAKEN CARE OF and living good LONG lives. Yes the doctors don't get paid quite as well but they still give JUST as good care for SURE! In Norway there aren't those insurance companies and pharmaceutical companies greedily 'raping' their country.

Olga and Esther LAUGH at how SCARED we are about new health care reform!!!! They said it will be the most wonderful thing to happen to this nation and that you cannot listen to the Canadian propaganda– it is very good there too– 85% to 90% of Canadians feel it is fine.

I truly get disgusted with so many verrrrrrrrry wealthy here that will not part with their money– they HIDE their money (hiding it in foreign countries etc.)! They have SO much they really don't know what to do with it all. Well you KNOW what they could do with it-share it!!

I JUST don't want to pay for illegal immigrants!
    Olga and Esther reallllllllllly helped me make up my mind. I was swaying that way anyway.

August 14, 2009 at 2:59 pm |
  48. Lilibeth

I keep hearing that our health care system will look like other countries’ if the bill is passed. Is this true?

Can someone please show us a comparison of what other countries’ health care systems look like?

What are the pros and cons of each system?

Thanks,
    Lilibeth
    Edmonds, Washington

August 14, 2009 at 2:58 pm |
  49. laura

Why don't people who have insurance understand how vital President Obama's healthcacre reform is for those of us who don't?

August 14, 2009 at 2:55 pm |
  50. Claudia- Miami, FL

Hello AC and staff! My question is: Where can one find information about the major commercial contributors to Congressmen and how much $$$ they are getting? If the people who will be writing health care legislation are receiving millions from those against health care reform, I would like to know which lobbyist groups and how much!

August 14, 2009 at 2:53 pm |