August 13th, 2009
  1. Ratna, New York, NY

Dear DR. Sanjay Gupta,

I do foresee that centralized managed healthcare needs the nationalization of computarized health records to function optimally. This will create a successfull market for the telecom business. I also foresee that flu related death can be prevented by delivering better health education and managed care to the general public. It looks like chaos now, but this is a hurdle we all need to overcome.and long-term care data gathering and care decisions/policy/funding will be more efficient.

August 14, 2009 at 10:54 am |
  2. Having a Heart

I believe that all of those God fearing people know that providing a majority of hard working americans with health care is what is right in there heart. In all actuallity everything needs to be reformed. I know that everything is done for a profit but it does not hurt CEOs to make 20 million in profits instead of 30 million and allowing there hard working bottom of the chain workers to get healt insurance. If this country wasn't so greedy we wouldn't be in this mess. Insurance companies if you don't want the Government to take over, do better and come up with a solution. Poor people who never could afford to pay for there own insurance should not win the lottery just because a Doctor missed something that actually did not cause them any permanent damage. If they can still go to work then have at it. Lawyers have made health care reform so difficult. People need to stop being so selfish and manipulative. Do what is right.
    Allow tort reform, allow businesses tax breaks for keeping the already insured-insured, and offer Doctors tax breaks for helping run nonprofit clinics for the poor. Allow Doctors to be Doctors, and not have to worry about being sued for everything they've worked hard for just because someone had a bad reaction to something they did not disclose to the Doctor to begin with.

August 14, 2009 at 5:39 am |
  3. Rene J.

I just paid $615.00 to Blue Shield for three months of coverage for my 25 year old son – that's $2400.00/year – that's on top of what my husband and I already pay for ourselves and my 22 year old college student daughter that's still on our policy – probably double what we're paying for our son (not including the larger portion my employer pays) – ridiculous. That's before deductibles, co pays, etc. And there's a number floating around that 70% of people are happy with their healthcare????? Really??? Are you kidding?

August 14, 2009 at 1:28 am |
  4. jesus perez

You need to tell the truth to thee american people please before its to late .Are president doesnt care for us and this land please tell the truth .Being first generation american he is destroing the american dream please tell the truth.

August 14, 2009 at 12:29 am |
  5. Berry

Mae- I have no problem with a consultation. But listen to this– I HAVE read the bill–
    H.R. 3200 on page 502 establishes the "Center for Comparative Effectiveness Research "which will "determine the appropriateness of health care procedures"

This commission will also (app pg 505)
    "the Secretary shall ensure that priority is given to areas in the delivery of health care services in the United States that—
    (3) have the greatest potential for improving the performance, affordability, and patient centeredness of health care, including those due to variations in care;

Do you really want the government to have a health care commission that will determine what the most "appropriate and affordable" care is? Read pages 501-510 of the bill- there are 3 separate panels that will determine this– and will decide what the government will pay.

At least if a private company does this you can SUE them. You can always choose your care– if the insurance company denies you you can pay for it on your own– not if the government says "No"

August 14, 2009 at 12:22 am |
  6. Tammy in Ohio

I just found out why I was removed from medicaid this month, (August). First, I have 5 doctors and take $500 worth of medication each month. According to Ohio Job and Family Services, under new guidelines, my family of 4, who live 150% under poverty level, make to much money for any help!
    My daughter and myself, and my husband and his daughter are considered two different families, and his income, $8.25 an hour, is divided between the 2 families and that makes us ineligible. If we were a family of four, we would be eligible. But since our daughters are from previous marriages, we are 2 different families, living on one income,(my husbands’).
    THANK YOU PRESIDENT OBAMA, for kicking us when we were already down!!!

August 14, 2009 at 12:09 am |
  7. Joe Fattal

@ Leila Jones; Yes, there is such thing as a VA clinic. A government run health program, which I am a member.
    @ Mae Wertz: You are right also. You get admitted to the hospital, they make you fill so many forms, making your stay at the hospital very secure.
    Now what's the big deal about this health care system. Our current health system is being in existence for years, and was specially adopted by seniors all over the country. Now the Obama's health care reform act want to change it, and who is mostly afraid to lose whatever they had for years, our seniors. The private health system should be left alone. The government already control Medicaid, and Medicare which the latter ought to be free. Now the government under the Obama's administration wants to control the private insurrance companies. They should leave it the way it is. Does anyone thinks that if an insurrance company refuse a member for any reasons President Obama will be mad over it? If you say yes, you will be as much as liar as he is. If you say no, you probably very right.

August 14, 2009 at 12:05 am |
  8. Annie Kate

I'm very much for letting kids stay on their parents health insurance until they are 26 or even older if they are studying to be a doctor, etc. A lot of young people do advanced degrees now (including PhD) and cannot afford health insurance but need it badly. I'd like to know that they don't have health insurance to worry about or to factor into their decision on whether or not to get an advanced degree. We need everyone who wants an advanced degree to be able to obtain one so we can keep up with the other countries in the world.

August 13, 2009 at 11:40 pm |
  9. Sharon Larman

I think the GOP have effectively scared our senior with miss information on a bill that is unfinished . I will ask the American people to start asking their representative to start providing accurate information and stop from misleading the nation on what the Democrats are trying to pass, they seems to be the only one who cares obout the un insured. Please CNN continue to do you fact check on this subject which is important to all families.

August 13, 2009 at 10:04 pm |
  10. Mae Wertz

I do not know what is in the health bill. One thing I know is what is being debated already exists. When a patient is admitted to a hospital, The patient is invited to sign a Power of Attorney, where a pt. appoint a person to make the proper decisions concerning end of life issues and/or sign a Directive to Physician. In the case a patient does not have a signed Power of Attorney or a Directive to Pysician, The chaplain or priest or church pastor would call the doctors treating the patient and the family to meet and discuss the patient's progress or lack of it. The decision of such a (panel) after hearing all the reports can be either to prolong the treatment or make the patient comfortable. This already exists. From what I heard is that President Obama wants to assign such a meeting a billing code so the doctor can get paid for his time.

August 13, 2009 at 9:31 pm |
  11. Leila Jones

I think everyone should have health care, and it should affordable for everyone. So, yes we do need health care reform. Also I think the age cut-off should 26 for those under their parents insurance. The reason why is because as a young adult myself and a college student, there are no information out there that given to young adults especially, about health care and how to perchase the right plan for them. I also disagree with labeling of us young adults as the invisibles, cause that's not true in many cases, its just the lack of information that we obtain about health care plans. Its important to encourage and make knowledgable young adults about health care then they would buy it in the future. In my case I have spina bifida but I have health care through the VA (combat veteran health care) but I think everyone should be covered for health care regardless of what type of pre-conditions they may have and regardless of age. I'm 26 years old and I've never really paid to much attention about health care reform or in general, however I know if young adults would get information needed to buy a plan and if they were encouraged to do so by their parents or if insurance companies can explain to them in detail what and why its so important to have and look out for what would be in their clients best interests then they will obtain health care in great numbers, think about , it could work. Young adults do care about our health!

August 13, 2009 at 7:07 pm |