August 6th, 2009

Dear President Obama #199: Report card day!

Reporter's Note: No matter how the weeks add up, I continue my quest to write a letter each day to the White House.

Tom Foreman | Bio
AC360° Correspondent

Dear Mr. President,

Congratulations on reaching another pretend milestone in your presidency; the 200 day mark! Ta dah! (Well, the way I count it, the actual day is Friday, but who is counting?) I’m not entirely sure why 200 days holds any particular significance. This is also your first Psoriasis Awareness Month, and we’re not making a big fuss about that. Just like we completely overlooked your first Ground Hog Day.

Nonetheless, we media types have decided to take stock of your progress at this particular time, and lacking any better hitching post for that task…well, I won’t complain about it any more.

Two hundred days, eh? Seems more like six-and-a-half months to me, but like the old saying goes, “Time flies when you’re writing to the leader of the free world.” I know a lot has changed for you since you raised your hand and took the oath on that chilly day in January. For starters I imagine when you hear someone say, “Here comes the president,” you no longer look around the room wondering where he is. I suppose you have grown at least vaguely accustomed to the Oval Office as “your” office. And perhaps you’ve accepted the rather startling notion that you can now call pretty much anyone in the world at any hour and he or she will not only take your call, the voice at the other end of the line won’t even complain that you just shot a perfectly good night’s sleep all to hell.

On the other hand, (and this is the tricky part,) life for many, many Americans has not yet changed much. This is kind of the same thing I told you after one hundred days and it’s still true. Unemployment is still a bear. The market is doing better, but hardly out of the woods. Housing prices may be stabilizing…or maybe not. And on it goes. We are certainly getting some indications that some things may be looking up a bit, but overall the problems we had when you started are still more or less the problems we have now.

Your critics will say you are spending so much that you are bound to make everything worse. Your supporters will say you are making such bold moves that you are bound to make everything better. All I say is what I’d say to anyone concerned with the march of time: All you can do is take each day as it comes, do your best, and move on to the next.

Rome wasn’t built in a day…or a hundred…or two hundred. Call if you get a moment amid the festivities. And btw, belated congrats on the birthday!

Regards,

Tom

Find more of the Foreman Letters here.

1. keynold

I'm watching CNN, and I cant believe that some people are bothered because President Obama is taking on too many issues and much too soon; it is like telling a person with a bad ailment that he or she is getting better too fast and too soon. This country is on a hospital bed right now; it is helpful to give it all the care that it's actually needed.

August 7, 2009 at 2:18 am |
  2. nea-nea

Mr, President I thank you for the fine job you are doing. You have a huge job on your shoulder and though many may complain until they turn blue all over they cant do any better than you thats why you are the President and they are not,I really believe you was meant to be the president at this time because GOD knows what we need many will complain and criticize but the truth of the matter is they could do no better. I THANK MY LORD FOR YOU! And Please remember as long as you are doing right by the people GOD GOT YOUR BACK!

August 7, 2009 at 2:04 am |
  3. Cathy Swarner

Dear Mr.President,

I exercise daily and eat right,don't drink or smoke and it just isn't fair for me and others like me to pay the same amount of healthcare than those who eat more than their share and are overweight and developing diseases,as well as the smokers. These are the ones filling up the Dr's.offices and being a nurse I see it firsthand. You seem fit and are active and care enough about yourself to take care of yourself,which is important. Life insurance saves me money because of my active,healthy lifestyle,why in the world doesn't the medical recognize this good trait and reward it. I am tired of paying for the ones who neglect themselves and then take up the space in the Dr.'s office crying sickness and disease and I see it everyday. It seems like a no brainer to pay less for health insurance if we aren't implementing self-induced diseases due to ones irresponsible lifestyles.

August 7, 2009 at 12:11 am |
  4. Terry, TX

Grade.....F.

August 7, 2009 at 12:07 am |
  5. Berbeth Ellison

Dear Mr President,

I know everyone is a buzz with your 200 days in office. You are perhaps the most garded president in history. The american people,by the way I am canadian, needs to be patient. Things will come in time.

I am praying vigourously for you to pass a healthcare bill that will knock everyone socks off. Remember sir, you work for the people, you have their strength. I know when the time is right you will say where you stand.
    Our Canadian healthcare system is very good. You need to send a team or some bright person to Canada to study our system,and the other system, such as Denmark,Britian, etc and use a bit from everyone's model to carve out your own. The public option will definately keep insurance cost down. This is agood thing. Another thing you could do at Townhalls is ask.... Do you like your medicare? well guess what it's a government run program. Find an emotional connection... family of different classes that has some stories of healthcare scare or mistreatments... find real people.I konw you can do this.
    Also don't put too much into this "grading thing" As my Grandmother always said..... "Slow and steady wins the race" and a leaf does not rot the same day it falls to the ground.
    Steady as a rock.

Happy belated birthday.

Blessings

Joy
    Small town in Canada.

August 6, 2009 at 11:48 pm |
  6. Donna Baldwin

BIG FFFFFFF

August 6, 2009 at 11:40 pm |
  7. Whit

How is it a President has 200 days to fix the economy, health care, job crisis and racism? Talk about realistic half of the people grading him F's cant even make it work on time or take time to spend in their community helping others. America needs to wake up and look in the mirror and change what they are doing daily before the pass judgement on someone else. Why do you think so many other countries hate Americans?? We are the supposed Land of Free and Home of the Brave yet we act like children when things get tough....This will not be changed overnight...If you want to help then help, but dont just get spew your hate over things that will take time to change. He specifically stated during his run to this point that it would get harder before we started to see change. Healthcare for everyone why would anyone vote against that. The people that don't have you are supposed to help them right??? We can be in debt if we had something to show for it. Let's wake up and help each other not just show the other countries childish we have become.

August 6, 2009 at 11:03 pm |
  8. Kevin

Is it time to congratulate the President and his administration??? Not just yet! Do you get props for infusing action throughout the House and Senate? YES, if you have a bamboo stick to beat to act faster in Congress it would be helpfult since they actually debate and make the laws and budget allocations for the nation, I'm sure if the White House and the President is able to do that by our constitution you probably would have already.

Mr. President, You got the corporate fat cats running with dropping and offering more competitive health insurance products, offering admission despite pre-existing conditions. Extending and reducing the price of COBRA for those that were terminated from their jobs. You've told the bankers to start financing again and to stop their non-sense ways in treadting the average Joe. FHA has made adjustments to their lending requirements so that people can still have the american dream of purcahsing homes and home sellers can still have the opportunity to sell their homes because there are actually buyers.

Just remember that your performance grade is still a grade higher than that of Congress, Senate and Media.

August 6, 2009 at 11:02 pm |
  9. DeDe

America needs to get real. How can anyone grade the President? People think He can fix this mess in a day. The media is part of the confusion. I wonder if that is the main purpose. It is a new time in History, but I believe people do not want the President to make this country better. People say the President is in the media too much. The media follow Him around. Everything He set out to do there’s negativity in the media.

August 6, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  10. Ronda

President Obama is doing a great job. Of all the herculean tasks that are before him he has approached each with a willingness to wade in where others fear to tread and try to make some sense of all the madness.

I give him an A+ for all that he done, all that he's attempting to do, and all that he WILL DO.

Mr. Obama I'm praying for your continued success.

August 6, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  11. Elaine

Mr. President, you have done almost everything right in very complicated times. Some highlights come to mind:
    Using your expertise to lay a positive foundation with foreign countries Acting decisively in the pirate situation
    Using your patience to work with difficult people
    Employing the best people for the work
    Proving to us that you expect your people to act morally and honestly
    Showing that you expect families, espec. fathers, to do the right thing
    Following through on the economy and healthcare
    Thank you. Keep up the excellent job.

August 6, 2009 at 10:45 pm |
  12. Michael

Mr Preisident,

Keep up the good work. It is evident no matter how well things improve you cant please everybody. Imagine that. Just keep doing great things sir. And good luck I am sure you will do just fine. The majority of America believes in you.

August 6, 2009 at 10:31 pm |
  13. SHEILA

Why are you guys (media) giving the President such negative reporting. You have not consider what he has to go through on a daily basis. Can you find another way to get your mega bucks and stop using any little negative thing to try to make him look bad. Remember that the World is watching us to see if we really are acceptance of all races and people. CNN is looking very bias when it come to your opinion about the President. You may want to look back and not very far and review the some of your broadcasting that for the most part against the President be able to win the election.

I don't recall you treating President Bush in that manner. Just be fair in your reporting to all Ameicans. Get off the grade thing. What did President Bush receive after his first and second term after being in office for 200 days?. I don't remember hearing any of this grade bull when he was in office. Just to let all of you know, there are serious issue going on in the US and the World. Report card are for the classroom not our President. Treat him with the respectthat he desires and earne. He has the faith to believe that we can get pass all the silly and elementry stuff and get to working on making life better for you and all Americans

Sheila B.
    Hugesville, Md

August 6, 2009 at 10:29 pm |
  14. Sue Lake

39% gave Obama an F. Why is the media reporting only 14% gave him an F. I guess that's why the media got a failing grade.

August 6, 2009 at 10:07 pm |
  15. Felix and Leighna Fodil

Hello CNN,

You are our favorite channel because of your impartialness and your quality of information.
    But today you missed up!
    How can you ask people to grade the President Obama and his administration after only 200 days who has inherited a huge 8 years mess made by Bush and his administration (Republicans)?
    It seems to us everybody forgets that the recession is from the past.
    Nobody can solve this huge problem on one day, one week, and even in 200 days. This administration has just started to keep our country above the level of the sea. Before we were sinking.
    American people should not be impatient. and they should change their habits " I want this now and not later"
    This is utopia!
    When you plant a seed you can not have the fruit the same day.
    Let's give time and chance to this new adminstration to succeed on this hard matters.
    Felix and Leighna

August 6, 2009 at 9:50 pm |
  16. debinaz

dear mr obama, looks like you have managed to have the most out of control spending that i have ever seen! you claim to have the american peoples best interest at heart, i beg to differ... you might have a few of the american peoples best interest at heart....but very few and those folks already have money....its the same old same old with you folks in washington, the rich get richer... and sir its just your friends at the moment....shame on you for lying to the american people....all of you in washington deserve a failure....all of you need to be fired... we hired you and we can fire you! i am ashamed to say that i am a democrat....but not for long,,,you sir have issues when you ask the american people to police their neighbors....maybe you should listen to the american people and what they want, not your chicago agenda....you sir are not al capone and i do think that those are days gone by....

August 6, 2009 at 9:30 pm |
  17. Annie Kate

I doubt anyone would get a good report card with the economic realities we are facing right now. Deepening our level of debt as a country is probably the one thing that bothers me the most so far; there are other things but this one really worries me. I'm also disappointed with the environmental responses of the Obama administration so far – seems more Bush-like than what Obama said during the campaign. I hope in the next 100 days things get better and Obama's grades get better. But right now the grades reflect what I expected. Too bad we as a people can't look to one really good accomplishment to give us some hope.

August 6, 2009 at 9:09 pm |
  18. Kathy Chicago

I really like Bo the dog and the garden. I'm skeptical of the economy and health care. I have yet to see how raising my taxes is going to save me money on health care. My recent college graduates don't have jobs, either. I hope the next 100 days go better for us all.

August 6, 2009 at 9:05 pm |
  19. Jan from Wood Dale IL

During nearly two years of campaigning, Obama talked a good game, but when pressed, he could not provide the specifics of his plan. I think we're seeing his presidency acting in the same vein.

In regards to health care reform, the Obama administration has broken promises of transparency. According to PolitiFact. com, out of 515 campaign promises the president has only kept 32; 7 have been broken; and 10 have been compromised. No action has been taken on the rest..

It's time, Mr. President, to roll up your shirt sleeves and get to work on the specifics.

August 6, 2009 at 8:51 pm |
  20. HLYork

Why is there a disconnect between the grades people are voting at CNN.com and what is being reported on television? Two questions in (economy and healthcare) and the television broadcast had raised Obama's grade by a full letter. Healthcare on the website is a "D" but Solead called it a "C" and it wasn't mis-speak because the graphic behind her had the same grade.

August 6, 2009 at 8:28 pm |
  21. Megan

Dear President Obama,

I Think that you are doing a Brilliant job! This economic hole we are in wasnt made over night it was made by the bush administration and now is your job to fix. Being in charge of this crisis is the hardest job in the world right now!!! You are Doing a great Job, Don't let anyone tell you, you cant! I know You can Do this! Walk tall! God bless You.

A Proud American

August 6, 2009 at 8:28 pm |
  22. J. Treat

I am glad you are my president Obama, Happy Birthday, and I believe your'e going to accomplish what you have set out to do. The Repulicans don't know what it is like to have no health care and they don't know what it is like to have worn out clothes and little, food, and they don't know what it is like to have no place to live and make a salary of just $7.50 an hour. This money cannot buy a car, a house, or money to rent an apartment or money for medicine or luxeries. This is shameful. When they stand before God. God will say what did you do for my children. The "poorist of the poor. My children that are very sick and you say no, No to health care, no to a dollar an hour morethumbs down for a raise to the minimum., no to more taxes, when your salaries are so big that millions could live ona rucg man's income. There is a saying in the Bible that says. "For a rich man to get to heaven, it would be like a needle in a haystake" or counting your money is so selfish. I believe you that think you should have the tax cuts permenant should really examine your souls and tell it to Peter when you meet him at the Golden Gate and tell Peter that you hate to make him wait , that you just have to make that stash of money. When are you going to get the heart to realize that you should treat your neighbor as yourself. When are you going to realize that if a man is thirsty, give him drink. When you meet Jesus at the well are you going to be ready? Health care for people should not be an option. It should be a right and not a privilage. Man and women were not meant to be on this earth to suffer no health care and suffer so much that they can't afford to live on earth. Man is suppose to take care of each other. Even if you don't believe it we are all brothers and sisters. Wake up and show love for your neighbor because one of the commandmets says. "Love thy neigbor as thyself. So, Love thy neighbor as thy self and stop letting the insurance companies get so rich that we will have such high prices no one will be able to afford the premiums because the insurance companies have no competition to control the out of control prices. Wake up and smell the coffee. Stop seeing the thorns in the Roses and have a "Heart"

August 6, 2009 at 8:10 pm |
  23. Shirley Kinnear

Dear President

How about the doctors being able to refuse all the illagles from free health care. NO other country will do what we do. Would't that save a lot of money? Change the oath the doctors have to take, also make the illagals speak the English language to enter school so the English speaking citizens can get the proper time to get an education.

I am against the the health care program for everyone as it would cost the people an amount who can pay an amount..We cannot afford all the people who cannot.

August 6, 2009 at 7:55 pm |
  24. Shirley Kinnear

ac

The president is pushing for the total Health Care Program. What is the doctors were allowed to refuse the iligales from FREE CARE / would that save a LOT OF MONEY?

August 6, 2009 at 7:38 pm |
  25. rose gulley

Dear Mr. President,
    I give you A+ all across the board. You should have your head exaimed for even wanting to be president when the country was going under from the mess the last president left it . I give you great credit for what you have already accomplished. You are doing a great job. Rome, wasn't built in a day , remember. It is a big tug of War in the one's that have and the one's that do not have.

August 6, 2009 at 7:30 pm |
  26. Mike, Syracuse, NY

If one of my children's grades was dropping as fast as Obama's I'd ask for a parent-teacher conference.

By the way, why is CNN not reporting that Cash for Clunkers doesn't have a buy American provision. 4 out of 5 of the cars being purchased are foreign. So at a time when the US auto industry is reeling, we are funding auto jobs in Korea, Japan, Germany, etc. I'd say Congress has 'acted stupidly' and so did the guy who signed the bill.

August 6, 2009 at 7:12 pm |
  27. linda

I think that the President is doing one hell of a job, considering what he inherited. Keep up the good work, Mr President. We want health care reform, keep fighting, don't stop.

August 6, 2009 at 7:10 pm |
  28. Abbe

Mr. President,
    I think what you're doing is great and although you may have just as many critics as supporters, don't be strayed. You're taking chances and doing things no one has thought to do in 8 years, and since things are slowly, but surely getting better, I think you should pat yourself on the back for thinking outside the box and making radical changes to a country that needs a radical change. You're a great man and I still believe in you and I'm still proud I voted for you. Keep it up.
    Sincerely,
    Abbe

August 6, 2009 at 7:08 pm |
  29. Anne Morgan - Atlanta, GA

I've been wondering where does the country really stand on Obama's plans for health care reform, but the CNN grading map makes it clear:
    all D's and C minus! The majority of Americans do not approve
    of the way Pres. Obama is handling health care.

August 6, 2009 at 6:51 pm |
  30. Wanza

Congratulations, Mr. President on your 200th day in the Oval Office, your Supreme Court nomination, and Happy Birthday! You have done a lot in a mere 200 days; some favorable while others were not. Thoughout it all, you remain calm and focus on the tasks at hands. I'm very proud of you. Being in a public position has its pros & cons. Mr. President, if I may offer some advise " When A Man Pleases The Lord, He Maketh Even His Own Enemies Be At Peace With Him." And after you get the Healthcare plan passed; please work on the American-consumed products that are not being made in America.

August 6, 2009 at 6:22 pm |
  31. joe

In Response to RLWellman; Mr. Obama is using the stimulus to ensure his re-election; it is one of the greatest jokes ever played on the American Public, the majority of the stimulus is scheduled to be spent in 2011 – how convenient, right before re-election campaigning starts – it was never geared to help us.

August 6, 2009 at 5:23 pm |
  32. Brad

Not impressed...continuing to throw more and more money on programs like "cash for clunkers" is hardly going to help the average citizen. Neither is throwing more money after failed businesses. The FED is just printing more money out of thin air which further devalues the dollar. Hello, hyperinflation!

August 6, 2009 at 3:51 pm |
  33. Shirldean Wood

Mr. President Obama, I think you have taken on a huge task, considering the shape this Country was in when you took office. You know their are going to be that will try and put you down. Just remember what you said when you were running for President. Yes We Can! Ignore those who insult you and go forward. After all you haven't been in office long enough for them to judge you yet. I give you an ( A ) , For Acomplishing as much as you have already.

August 6, 2009 at 3:09 pm |
  34. Elizabeth

Dear Mr. President,

You promised so many things and you have broken them all so far. I am happy I didn't vote for you, because I am not to blame for putting you in office. I'd rather have Frank Iero, Scooby Doo, or even Ryan Seacrest be president, rather than have you mucking it up.

August 6, 2009 at 2:13 pm |
  35. matthew

200 days and we are still a very much a divided nation. nothing wrong with having different points of view. in fact it is quite healthy, we had hope the discourse would be more civil. in rushing so many programs through congress without allowing for a fair debate i'm afraid has led to more anger and upsetment. 58 million people did not vote for B. Obama and yet he entered into the white house with high approval numbers and much good will. it might be time to hit the reset button and this time bring along those who don't exactly see things exactly like you do mr.Obama. that can only be done by incorporating their ideas in your program. listening and talking is not enough. otherwise i fear we will only become more divided.

August 6, 2009 at 1:52 pm |
  36. Donna Wood, Lil' Tennessee

Please! Things never change"drastically" as in an overnight transsition! Real change, good change takes time and lots of painstaking work. President Obama did indeed promise us change, but certainly not overnight. He did warn that it would be a lot of hard work and lots of patience would be needed. Good things come to those who wait! So quit jumping up and down screaming "Now, now, now! The Presidential duties are not a fast food franchise! This isn't like McDonalds. There is no drive thru window! I for one appreciate the hard work our President is having to get done so that we the American people can have the things we need and want out of life. So those of you who want to, feel free to rag me all you want! I am "still" glad I voted for President Obama! I don't regret it one bit! Happy 200 days Mr. President! Just keep the faith and keep working on it. Change will happen!

Donna Wood
    Lexington, Tennessee

August 6, 2009 at 1:34 pm |
  37. Pastor Ramona Hunter

I highly praise our new President for his efforts to bring America back up and we can all smile again. We must realize that he walked into a MESS and it takes time. Instead of complaining, why can't we jump in where we can and help make this work for all Americans. I know he has be chosen byGod to be our leader and being chosen does not make his job any easier. He, too must bear his share. To many are fighting him and this need to stop. He IS the Leader and we MUSTaccept this and make things better for all mankind. I , by faith, believe things will improve for the better of all people. To all republicans ,Democrats and whomever, let us work this together for the good of all of us.I am so blessed yet I want you to be blessed also, I am not selfish.I want us all , those who desire to do right to have a great life, good health care and jobs. Have decent homes, no more " homelessness" in our Country. God bless us all, God bless this wonderful country. Give us peace.

August 6, 2009 at 1:24 pm |
  38. Shedrick

Way to go Mr. President plenty more days to go

August 6, 2009 at 1:19 pm |
  39. john

What about all the people w/o computer access? It is not an accurate report card. Then you have the "far right' who will give him "F's" no matter what. It isn't fair and can even be damaging to his public image. I doubt I will watch because I will get to upset.

August 6, 2009 at 12:04 pm |
  40. Fed Up

Has it only been 200 days!! Yikes, we can't afford another 3 1/2 years of this inexperienced overspenders experiments! This man is bankrupting the country and destroying healthcare in the process and even he admits he doesn't know what's in the healthcare plan he is trying to shove down our throats. Start the recall process now!

August 6, 2009 at 11:50 am |
  41. Michael C. McHugh

I dismiss the Republicans. They are very good at attacking–always have been–but they have had no new ideas since about 1882. The only good Republican presidents were Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt and Eisenhower, who did not follow conventional free market orthodoxy.

I'd say Obama has done a good job at propping up the big capitalists, but not so good at using the federal government to get more help out there to Joe Average. He saved the auto industry and was correct to put in a federal rebate program, which should continue for quite a while. He needs to get more federal aid to homeowners, for example, and more aid to cities and states,using the Federal reserve system if necessary.

August 6, 2009 at 11:39 am |
  42. rosemary

The president receives an A from me–he was not afraid to step up to try to help with ideas. Everyone can tell you what you did wrong, and to lay blame on someone else. Why can't we get behind the President and put some of your brilliant ideas and minds together and solve the problems plaguing this great country? STOP crying and help with ideas for theproblem with poor healthcare, unemployment, major losses; cuts in needed programs hurts all across all political parties. Crying and baming helps no one- put some action into togetherness to resolve our problems, This is our country, our time so GO TO WORK-weare tired of complaints with no Problem Resolutions
    A very concerned Citizen.

August 6, 2009 at 11:17 am |
  43. patricia lewis

Dear Mr. President, my congrads & Happy Birthday. I think you are doing a wonderful job but I need your help. My neighbor and I have been getting along & doing for each other for years & things started to change once you decided to run for Pres.. I am a 65 yr old very proud Black lady, he is a 70 yr. old White man that listens to Hannity & Rush. He has never said or did or implied that he is a racist and I don't believe he is. The problem is this whole being controlled by the Muslims thing, He honestly & truly believes it and I'm trying really hard not to curse him out. I tried telling him I no longer want to discuss politics with him but every once in a while something will slip out & I have to get him told but I'm thinking he just might need a good old fashion cursing out. Any suggestions.

August 6, 2009 at 10:41 am |
  44. joe

I find it hard to offer congratulations on a 200 day anniversary where many of the promises have not been achieved and the US population is starting to break apart at the seams; there are now two camps PRO and AGAINST Obama. That is not the calling card of a unifying leader. North Korea has flexed it muscles and Bill had to do Hillary's job. No one really understands what the healthcare plan is and Mr. Obama is trying to rush it through and no one can digest all the implications (or sheer volume of text) of the bill. Green Jobs are mysteriously absent, Oil is higher and while some metrics of the economy show signs of improvement the Philly Fed is talking about needing to raise interest rates to fend off inflation. Many of us can walk around our cities and towns and notice more homeless, more vacant stores, more graffiti, more garbage and certainly an increase in crime. And we have spent Trillions to what effect? Is there really a reason to congratulate someone for just sitting on his laurels for 200 days?

August 6, 2009 at 10:25 am |
  45. ronvan

Yep. 200 days. So what. Any presidency is normally remembered after they are out of office and then history takes over. With all the problems and suffering we are going through right now it is surprising to me that people are dissappointed that things haven't been solved. It took us years to get to this point and it will take alot more time to get out of it. At least Obama has gotten everyone off their rear ends to try and get things going.

August 6, 2009 at 9:53 am |
  46. RLWellman

What I would like to know, if everything is getting better and less than 50 billion dollars of the stimulis money is spent, does this mean the American citizens are going to get back the 737 billion dollars that are left?
    Or, is everything getting better so we will accept the Health Care Reform Bill? I just want to know because one week V.P. Joe Biden will say one thing. The next week Pres. Barrack Obama says another thing and then the next week Timothy Geitner says another.

August 6, 2009 at 9:38 am |
  47. Volksstimme

In 200 days Obama has managed to more than double national debt with a so called stimulus to nowhere, increased size of government, taken over almost all of the media and turned them into nothing but propaganda machines. In addition he has shown that all he cares about is himself and his socialist agenda, his ignorance and disrespect to our constitution that he violated by taking over privately owned companies. However, one thing he has failed to do is proof of his legality. Obama will certainly continue making history as the biggest fraud ever. Given the lob sided coverage of CNN I do not expect this blog to be posted.

August 6, 2009 at 9:33 am |
  48. Angie Mont

I Agree Wholeheartedly With This Letter To Mr President. I Had High Hopes-That Things Would Change Drastically, But Putting Things Into Perspective Altered My Attitude. President Obama Has To Not Only Tackle The Cumulative Issues Of The Past Administrations But Improve The Conditions Of Life Now & For The Rest Of His Term. I Wish You Well Mr President. Don't Try To Tackle All The Problems At Once. With Afghanistan, I Believe You're Doing A Great Job-With Health Care, There's Some Fine Tuning That Needs To Be Done. But For Effort, Passion & Motivation, I Give You An A plus plus With A Yellow Star Next To Your Name.

August 6, 2009 at 9:22 am |
  49. shell

Dear Mr. Obama president,

We, my family and I thank you, for doing a great job. Thus far and look forward to the future of great exspectations in every area of this american life.

August 6, 2009 at 9:19 am |
  50. diggersstory

Mr President Obama I wish you would stick to unifying America and not using the "Us and Them" tactics to spin HR3200. Let's face it USA is tired of talk. We're hungry for number crunching facts to back the government spending spree along with sane leadership. Has anyone noticed that encouraging credit spending (cash for clunkers) appears to be a repeat of the morgage crisis. Anyone seeing a pattern of FAILURE, here? Everyone I've seen on the news media interviewed for Cash for Clunkers seems dirt poor. I suppose taking the bus, walking and/or cycling (when ppl lose their jobs/cars) can be spun as a GREEN plus with less cars on the roads! Excuse my sarcasm but I am frustrated and wonder what it will take for Congress and Senate to slow down and read the bills along with considering the outcome of their bills they pass. We do pay you good saleries so what is the problem?
    You promised to listen to all sides to get the best answers but Mr President I am sorry to tell you this so early BUT you're changing into a Bush!

August 6, 2009 at 9:05 am |