July 29th, 2009

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 07/29/09

We're following new developments in the Michael Jackson death investigation. We now know how many doctors investigators have identified as writing prescriptions for the singer. We also know how many aliases Jackson apparently used to get the drugs. We'll have those stunning numbers for you. And, just how easy is to get your hands on narcotics? 360 M.D. Sanjay Gupta investigates.

Want to know what else we're covering? Read EVENING BUZZ

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

And take a look at our live web camera from the 360° studio. Watch the WEBCAM

Filed under: Live Blog • T1
  1. Ana, SD

@ Mike, NY The crisis, does indeed exist, our current health care system places the bottom line for insurance companies above the value of a human life. My family is currently struggling to catch up with unpaid medical bills, and we DO have insurance. Paying out the majority of our income for preventative medical care while our insurance finds ways to deny claims. Many American homes find themselves in similar situations. This is a crisis.

July 29, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  2. Peggysue Detroit, Mi

good night all. great show anderson

July 29, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  3. Chris, Ohio

Let's not forget that tanning causes premature aging of the skin. All those young girls who spend amazing amounts of time in the sun to get the "perfect tan" will, in 10-20 years have skin like an "old saddle" – wrinkled, droopy, etc. Those of us who tend to stay out of the sun and use sunscreens will still look young!

July 29, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  4. Lori

Good Night. Thank you!

July 29, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  5. Duane B., New York, New York

Good Evening Anderson,

Since everyone supposedly -Democrats and Republicans-agrees that Healthcare needs to be reformed, why isn't the media asking Republicans and those Blue Dog Democrats what their solutions are. All I hear over and over and over is how wrong President Obama and his supporters' Healthcare ideas are and how they will bankrupt the country.
    The media should confront, question and challenge the Republicans to present their ideas publicly. In honor of life and career of Walter Cronkite, the media has a responsibility to the country to challenge Democrats and Republicans, especially the "Say Hey No" Republicans to stop playing politics and to start answering real, tough, honest questions and provide the country who they all represent with real honest answers and solutions on Healthcare. Thank you.

July 29, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  6. Cynthia, NC

I screamed like a little kid on one of the roller coasters at the Mall of America last month with my 7 year-old nephew. Roller blading on one? There's no way!!!!!!!!!

Another great show tonight you guys! Have a good Thursday!

July 29, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  7. Isabel, Brazil

Good night, Anderson, Erica, Suvro, Davidand friends!

Great show today!!! I loved it!!!!

See you tomorrow!!!!!!! Bye

July 29, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  8. Angela - Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

Night peeps! Sleep well!

July 29, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  9. Missy-Erie, Pa

Good night all!

July 29, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  10. Larry

Many people don't realize the benefits of wearing a broad-rimmed hat or using an umbrella (parasol) as shade from being out and about in the sunshine.

July 29, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  11. Tati, Atlanta

I'm half Jamaican, and I'm pretty tan; but I do have sympathy for those of you who may be on the more pale side. My mom hits the beds every week once a week during winter, but I think it's ridiculous...Tan for a few days and sick for the rest of your life, or pale for your life and living a long life! Just use fake tanner spray!

July 29, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  12. Kelly - Harrisburg, PA

Anderson, you have to wear a helmet when you ride your bike, especially in NYC... please!

July 29, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  13. Anna Jo

Oooooooh Anderson doesn't wear a helmet when he's riding a bike? I'M TELLING!

July 29, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  14. Chris Sosa - Boston, MA

I was an artistic skater, and I wouldn't even try that. Insane!

Goodnight, all!

July 29, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  15. Heather - Spokane, WA

Someone is a little roller-crazy!

July 29, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  16. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Good Night People! Sleep tight! Tomorrow is another day, God willing!

July 29, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  17. Robin in Tampa, FL

@Mike, Syracuse, NY – health insurance is high because there isn't a mandate requiring people to have insurance. when someone gets sick and goes to the hospital and they don't have insurance YOU (the person with insurance) pays for it.

think of it like car insurance ... if someone hits you and they don't have insurance, guess who pays for that? not the guy who hit you.

July 29, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  18. gayle mccauley malden,mass.

Goodnight everyone.Peace to all of you and yours.

July 29, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  19. Lisa A. Philadelphia, PA

Roller coaster dude is nuts! How can i get on that ride!! Have a great night everyone!

July 29, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  20. Angela - Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

Woowww this guy its crazy!!

July 29, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  21. Sam(antha), Boston MA

Anderson & Erica, I wouldn't worry about being pale. After hearing half the people on here tonight, including myself, you are certainly not alone 🙂

July 29, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  22. Anna Jo

I think they should just throw anyone in jail who has a blackberry...

July 29, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  23. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Congrats Survo!!!!!!! That's good caption!! Yay!!! 😀

Good night Anderson, Erica, David G, Ed Henry and my friend twitter/facebook bloggers!!!!!!!
    Have a great night and sleep tight everyone!!!! 😀
    See you tomorrow night!!!!
    Day of the shot with Roller Coaster so scary and I love roller coaster, it was so fun! I love the shot and great shot! 😀

Anderson,
    Have a great night, good sleep at home after work!!!! See you tomorrow night!!! Have a plenty sleep! 😀

July 29, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  24. Lori, IL

Good night, all -

Hope everyone has a good day tomorrow and until tomorrow night, peace...........

July 29, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  25. Ken- Las Vegas

Better tip that Llama caddy, he4 or she might spit on you and DEFINITELY don't want that!

July 29, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  26. Cessy, Chicago

What a GREAT show Anderson! 🙂

See you all tomorrow~ Be safe!

July 29, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  27. Cynthia, NC

Interesting info on tanning beds..... .but I'm still planning to get in one tomorrow evening.

July 29, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  28. Mary from LA.

WOW!
    There goes the multi-million dollar business of Tanning Salons.
    Glad I don't own one of htese...!

July 29, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  29. Jasmine - Spokane, WA (Spoklahoma!)

Wenatchee??? Love that place. WA STATE RULES!

July 29, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  30. Kelly - Harrisburg, PA

I guess that roller coaster doesn't have a loopdie-loop or he'd fall right off...

July 29, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  31. Sandra Robertson, GA

Poor llama must be a beast of burden for the game of golf.

July 29, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  32. Minou, New York City

That guy sure takes "Starlight Express" to a new level.

July 29, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  33. Heather - Spokane, WA

Its pronounced When-atchee

July 29, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  34. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

When I worked at Bally's people used to come out of those tanning booths looking like leatherface.

July 29, 2009 at 10:54 pm |
  35. Chris Sosa - Boston, MA

The concept of tanning beds has always made me uncomfortable. But to make it worse, I'm naturally pale... 🙁

On the llama's: "Do you have to also rent the kid?" Haha.

July 29, 2009 at 10:54 pm |
  36. libby

What I don't get about the tanning bed issue, is why they're harmful for people who start them "under the age of 30".. Why that age?

July 29, 2009 at 10:54 pm |
  37. Peggysue Detroit, Mi

Mike from Syracuse, N.Y Do you have any idea what it is like not to have any health ins. some of us can't afford ins. premiums. I haven't had ins. in over ten years. it totally sucks. I just can't afford it. I hope what ever they come up with , that I will be able to afford ins. and get my but to a dr. ............I'm just saying !!

July 29, 2009 at 10:54 pm |
  38. Angela - Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

hahahahaha Nice one Erica!!

July 29, 2009 at 10:54 pm |
  39. Jasmine - Spokane, WA (Spoklahoma!)

Well Sweet Peeps...Ima gone off to the Twittersphere.

Have a sooper dooper nite!

and Anderson, Conan O'Brien and Jim Gaffigan have you totally beat on the Pale factor

July 29, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  40. Heather - Spokane, WA

What is so great about tanning beds? They are just as bad as laying out in the sun. Im so pale naturally (I actually think im see-through) that when I use sunscreen and go outside, I burn anyway and I layer the stuff on! I have had a bad experience with being in the sun for too long when i was 16 and recieved 3rd degree burns. Never again!

July 29, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  41. Mary from LA.

Anderson,

you are NOT the palest person on this planet, my daughter is and she is
    proud of her lilly whitye skin since, VAMPIRES are all the rave now!!!

July 29, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  42. Anna Jo

I can hardly text when I'm sitting still in my living room.

July 29, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  43. Minou, New York City

how do they know that the flue shot is safe? They haven't had any time to test it!

July 29, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  44. Jen

I went to college at Penn State and was shocked to learn that one of my apartments came with complementary tanning – being from AZ/CA that just seems nuts. I like pale better, anyway.

July 29, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  45. Lisa A. Philadelphia, PA

Anderson, you're not pale, you're luminescent.

July 29, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  46. Isabel, Brazil

Here in Brazil swine flu is growing and growing, unfortunately!

July 29, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  47. Lori

Texting should not be done while doing anything else. Biking and texting can cause accidents as well as driving, walking skating. It should be banned.

July 29, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  48. Angela - Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

What if you just can't runway from the sun?! Here you can even get tan on winter!!

July 29, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  49. gayle mccauley malden,mass.

I haven't sunned on purpose since the 70's.I am paler than pale and that's the way I was born.I'm happy to say that I don't look my age either.

July 29, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  50. leslie-atlanta

let president oboma due his job,hey ! he's trying to fix what was mest
    up over the past 8 yrs. so give our president a chance and stop trying to throwing stones so quickly, so far i as well as alot of others think he is doing a good job, and getting people back to work ,it will take time just give him a chance, please!
    he is really trying to make things right for everyone!

July 29, 2009 at 10:52 pm |