July 28th, 2009

Sound Off: Your comments 7/27/09

Editor's Note: Last night many of you had a lot to say about Sarah Palin, Michael Jackson and Prof. Gates. Some of you said you've heard enough about Palin and Jackson, and we received a variety of comments about Prof. Gates’ arrest too. Kudos were given to Anderson for comments to Candy Crowley, “Candy, thanks very much. I love the ending of your piece. Great writing. Thank you.” What about you? What did you think?
____________________________________________________________________________________________

I was enjoying your program and then - just as with every other CNN program– Sarah Palin. Again! How many times do we have to listen to her stupid resignation? Why are you so obsessed with this woman?

The discussion on Henry Gates tonight was outrageous-Professor Gates, like some other prominent blacks, has a history of racial bias and does everything possible to make everything about race. Everything is not about race; sometimes a jerk is just a jerk -just like Henry Gates!

We have a serious problem with prof. Gates, his ego and his thankless attitude. Has he forgotten how we are to treat our neighbors? I have not heard one word of gratitude for the observant neighbor. Maybe an invitation to the White House by the first Lady would be in order.

Enough of Michael Jackson! There are so many REAL issues we have to deal with, so many people who are struggling to survive- why are you wasting your talents on his death? Ratings...I change the channel whenever any show keeps this going –

Anderson; Outstanding newscast tonight. I like the way you bring your own personality and style to your work. As a leader you are always quick to notice and commend the good work of others. Highlighting Crowley's fine words was thoughtful. Your humility seems genuine and transparent, and your mind is sharp helping you to quickly probe and keep up with fast-paced bandying among your guests.

Filed under: Behind The Scenes
  1. sherri wilson

Hi Anderson Cooper,

My name is Sherri Wilson and I watch CNN all the time since I know I can get up to date news at a reliable source which is CNN, but I still and contrast with other news stations. Anyway I was watching the excerpt about America's high with the marijuana problem that is in America. I don't have anything against medicinal marijuana. it's the abuses that I have a problem with and the lost of innocent lives as with any drugs when ever money over human lives becomes first. I thought about how this weed is being grown within the National American Parks! How? I watched landscapers and wondered if illegal Aliens who who work is this field has access to plant these at the parks. I'm not accusing all illegals nor Mexican Americans as I know there is a lot of fine Mexican Americans-people of all race and gender, human race mind you. I just wondered if that is a way for these leaches to take advantage of people whom sold their soul for money instead of seeing a living God?

July 28, 2009 at 4:25 pm |
  2. rupal

Can I ask a simple question? Why is there half hour devoted to Michael Jackson? Yes, he was a good entertainer, maybe one of the best, but the way you guys are covering it, it reminds me of Enquirer, "because enquiring mind wants to know". Are we always about the lowest denominator. I live in Bangalore and get my one hour of US news from you at the same time as BBC world news. Since about a month ago I've been listening more to BBC world news then you!!! Soooo many issues that can effect everyday lives of Americans and you have to report on a druggy who died from what his over priced doctor prescribed. Michael Jackson breaking news can be covered in 3 minutes and you devote 30 minutes to it. I thought you were better than that, but it is about the ratings I suppose. It is Anderson Cooper 360. Because no matter what your editors say your name is in the title. You are ruining your name by being an sensationlist reporter. Maybe you don't care with your money and name, but still dude, I thought you cared enough about America to educate and elucidate the issues that matter. Just want to let you know that until you start reporting real news you lost me to BBC.

Rupal Desai

July 28, 2009 at 3:24 pm |
  3. Susan

Why hasn't the price of dry cleaning gone down? Everything else has.

July 28, 2009 at 2:28 pm |
  4. Ron IN.

We knew that Obama was a racists before he was elected and now he has just confirmed it, he should have stuck to the job of being president instead of trying to be like a union stewart !!!!!!! How dumb of him to get involved with such a petty thing like he did when the nation is in such a turmoil and needs all of his attention .

July 28, 2009 at 2:08 pm |
  5. RLWellman

I would like to know if the Government is going to sign themselves up for the Nationalized Health Care Plan? It would go a long way with Americans if the Government made the program good enough for themselves!

July 28, 2009 at 1:55 pm |
  6. Jagan Mahadevan

Dear Anderson

I was watching the discussion yesterday on Prof. Gates arrest. I like your programs and I generally enjoy Mr. Tubin's analysis. Yesterday, however, I was a little thrown off by Mr. Tubin's lack of respect to President Barack Obama. Mr. Tubin could have at least referred to the president as "President" when he refers to others with due respect to their positions.

Jagan Mahadevan

July 28, 2009 at 1:15 pm |
  7. Ron

Pete Rose is still not allowed to be inducted into the baseball hall of fame but Michael Vick is allowed to go back to playing football right away. I guess making a bet on a baseball game is a bigger crime than running a dog fighting gambling ring and killing all those animals!!!!!!!

July 28, 2009 at 1:07 pm |
  8. debra redman

anderson;we the people need money to put back in the country when president obama took office things change money went here and there what is 13.00 a week on your check.when you owe every body an there mama.the president could have gave every household 10 or 20 thousand and people could have went out there and paid there bill kept there home put that money back out there.you see what i am saiding.they keep talking about jobs there is know jobs here in staunton va.where i live.my husband works on bridges ware is the work that promised we need help here in this small town.i donot knock large citys but someone needs to look at what jobs here they are not hiring and unemplyment arent paying nothing banks here are not lending you cant get a loan on your home if you dont have good credit or a good job something has to be done for the american people i can said when busch was in there we got something.we need a simul.CHECK. people will spend it an the country will get back on track.i am 51 yrs.old and have no ins.no job.thank god my husband work but we are just making BUT THERE IS ONE GOOD THING WE KNOW THE GOOD LORD AND YOU KNOW HE KEEP US YOU HAVE A BLESS DAY MRS.DEBRA REDMAN.

July 28, 2009 at 12:51 pm |
  9. Heather,ca

Candy always does an outstanding job.

I find it really interesting that no one has commented on the fact that Pres Obama never once made any public comments regarding the descrimination of those children at that swimming pool several weeks ago. Without question racism was a major factor there. But Pres Obama never said anything about it. Only when his elitist buddy from Harvard was arrested did he make assumptions and decide to comment publicly. Those children don't come from priveledge, but to be treated the way they were at that young an age is horrible. I can't recall any president ever publicly commenting on a local issue. Its only because they are friends. Its totally not appropriate. The only thing the police officer did wrong was show up at Mr Gates home and do his job. Everyone keeps talking about what the police officer should have done. No one has thought about what good cops go through every day on the job. There are all kinds of dangerious situations they have to deal with . We had a small kitchen fire in our home and the neighbors heard coffing but thought it was a fight. Hours later the police arrive at our door. We were in our pajamas and one of the officers wanted to examine our kitchen while the other three had my husband outside (in his boxers). He tried to pull them up and was told by one officer with his hand near his gun, don't move your hands. I don't care who you are, what you look like, they have a very important job that at a blink of an eye can be very dangerous. I have no clue what the color of their skin was it was dark, but it doesn't matter, they carry a gun and that's all that matters. The officer did nothing wrong and he should not aplogize. Unfortunately Obama is going to make him. I didn't realize the institution of the presidency was the proper forum and place for pushing people around for doing their job.

I find Mr Gates comment that this not about him obsurd. Of course its about it. If he had behaved horribly he would not have been arrested. He chose to go on CNN and lie and slander a police officer. It is about him. You can't stop talking about him.

July 28, 2009 at 12:35 pm |