July 23rd, 2009

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 07/23/09

Tonight, we have breaking news on the Michael Jackson death investigation. 360's Randi Kaye has uncovered what authorities took from Jackson's doctor's office in Houston. We also have new insight on Jackson's last days.

Want to know what else we're covering? Read EVENING BUZZ

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

And take a look at our live web camera from the 360° studio. Watch the WEBCAM

Filed under: Live Blog • T1
  1. LaToya Damita

Oh- I just saw the wedding where they danced down the aisle! Who would allow that inside of a church? If that was a church it was a rdiculous way to begin a wedding- the union of marriage especially inside a church is a holy & sacred union.

Those types of shenanigans are best left for the reception or a in a play about a wedding- not an actual wedding.

July 23, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  2. Jolene, St. Joseph, MI

Cute shot!!!! Gotta love the dancing videos! Even though I realize that we will never see one of Anderson dancing....ha! :O

July 23, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  3. Alex

Professor Gates should thank the officer. The police received a call somebody is breaking into a home. They responded and found somebody in the home. They asked for ID. If Professor Gates had provided the officer with identification and thanked the officer for responding promptly to protect his home would there be an issue?

I am white and was working on a ladder on the side of my house late at night. The police stopped and asked me what I was doing and asked me for my ID. I provided my ID and thanked the officer for watching my property.

July 23, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  4. Isabel • Brazil •

Good night, Anderson, Soledad and Erica!!!
    Good night, friends!

Today the show was great, as usual.... 🙂

July 23, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  5. Kmoore-Chicago

Is it racial profiling or the arresting officer using their authority. The fact is many people are vulnerable to the police because hellooooo they have guns and can say what they want about what happened. Anyone would be mad about getting arrested from their own home, especially if we had a long day. We don;t know what happened and as far as President Obama's comment he's human and has an opinion just like the othe 1000 of us blogging about the same incident.

July 23, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  6. williams

It would be very hard to imagine the President being a Black man in America have never experienced some sort of police mishap simply because of his Race. If the President cannot speak the truth nor speak up for a friend then something is wrong. I don't think the President would be friends with a person who does not know how to conduct themselves. Gates is a proper well learned man, and not some illiterate scum. Guess the next time Crowly harrass another Black man he would do better to GOOGLE the name first before starting operation beat down Black man.

July 23, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  7. David, Indiana

I just think Geoffrey Canada and Steve Perry bring such devotion and energy to education. Great pt by Soledad about passion and calling.

Great wedding, the happy couple knows some great dancers.

Good night Isabel, good night everyone.

July 23, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  8. Casey Jones, Palm Springs, CA

That's cool. I've always hoped to have the "walk down the aisle" at my wedding being something terribly entertaining–music or dancing.

July 23, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  9. Cynthia, NC

The wedding video...........how awesome! How fun would that be!

Have a great Friday everyone.

July 23, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  10. starr formerly known as vincent

Anderson, Thank youfor an unbiased news program!
    Thank you for this blog that i learn so much from.
    & Good night Anderson, Erica, & Team 360

Thank you fellow bloggers for a Feisty blog tonight. I have learned a lot from all of you!

July 23, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  11. Kristen, MD

Um...don't know if a Chis Brown song is the best for a wedding

Funny Video though

Goodnight folks

July 23, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  12. LisaL - Canada

luv the new stuff! hate weddings and ceremonies – that really rocks! doin' what they want, not what they are supposed to do! double luv it!

July 23, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  13. Sabrina In Las Vegas

OMG,

I think it is time to bring back the traditional proper service....wow.

July 23, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  14. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Good night Anderson, Erica, David G, Ed Henry Survo AC360, Anna AC360 and my friend twitter/facebook bloggers!!!!!!!
    Have a great night and sleep tight everyone!!!! 😀
    Have a great weekend!!! See you on Monday night!
    Day of the shot with nice people are dancing for wedding!!!!!! You need dance, Anderson!!!!!! LOL 😀 Great shot I love!

Anderson,
    Have a great weekend! Have a great night, good sleep at home after work!!!! See you Monday night!!! Have a plenty sleep! 😀

July 23, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  15. Suvro, AC360°

Hey great blogging with ya all....Join us tomorrow. Good Night!

July 23, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  16. Isabel • Brazil •

Nice shot!!! animated people dancing at the wedding

July 23, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  17. George

Barrack needs to keep his mind on more important things.

July 23, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  18. Jacqueline, NY

How fun.

July 23, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  19. F. Burch (K.C.MO)

Wrong, wrong, wrong (the arrest) !!!! The police department, inadvertently, admits this 'fact' themselves by the (immediate) 'dropping' of the 'arresting' (misdemenor) charge of (I think) 'disturbing the peace'.

This charge, by the Sgt., would fail on 'two' basic issues, i.e., (1) The "police officer's" 'peace' can not be 'disturbed'; he is a "peace officer". (2) Through the 'theory' of "Fruits of the Poisonous Tree" (i.e., 'if the arrest is wrong, then all that follows the ILLEGAL arrest, even if TRUE, WILL BE considered INADMISSABLE in a court of law'. The Sgt. got pissed because he had a (Uppidy) Black male with the "audacity" to request of him his 'name and badge' number. Flip the switch for a moment, let us picture Dr. Gates being 'white' and the Sgt. (and crew) being Black, would we be having this disscusion today? No. The Sgt. would have already been "fired" and the Chief of that Department would have personally made an apology to Dr. Gates; period. The Sgt. SHOULD BE fired; that's not racism, but. PROFFESIONALISM !!!!!!!!

July 23, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  20. kim-chicago

Way to go Mark Buehrle...the president's priorities were right on today!!

July 23, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  21. Ruby Coria LA., CA.

Good Night A.C. Erica & crew. see you tomorrow for a blazing show.

July 23, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  22. William Norvell

I was always taught that it takes a big man to admit he was wrong or was misinterpreted. The professor should apologize for automatically playing the "Racist" card and the police officer for the possibility of having his actions misinterpreted. I realize the professor was irate at being questioned about being in his own home, but the officer was only following proper proceedure when he asked the professor to step out of the house. Not everything is race related or even racial profiling as the professor seems so adamant to contend, after all he is a supposedly "race relations expert". His actions are something I would have expected from Al Sharpton, NOT a respected college professor. His continued actions are racially inflamatory and if anyone should be trying to bring the races together, HE should.

July 23, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  23. Isabel • Brazil •

Soledad,

Excellent job. Thanks!!!!

July 23, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  24. Bonnie

Considering the latest report from the Sentencing Project, if I were black, I'd be afraid if a cop came to my door too. I've seen first hand how things can get twisted and an individual can be arrested more because of their color and clothing, than for an actual crime. Police reports can be written leaving a lot of truth out, and adding a lot of untruth in, so they need to be backed up with witnesses.

July 23, 2009 at 10:56 pm |