July 23rd, 2009

Does Michelle Obama’s new hair remind you of Jackie O?

Michelle Obama's new summer 'do is drawing comparisons to a certain former First Lady's bob.

Mark Silva
Salon de Swamp

Now, this may be no pillbox hat.

But it's a bob.

And if the fashion trend-setting "Jackie O" - then "Jackie K" - could get a hat thing going with women in her time with a little haberdashing help from Oleg Cassini, perhaps the fashion-conscious "Michelle O" can get a bob thing going, too.

The first lady made a debut with her newly trimmed and arranged locks at the evening performance of country western singers staged at the White House last night.

The East Room fete, another in a series of the first lady's efforts at bringing arts to the White House, featured Charley Pride, Brad Paisley, Alison Krauss and Union Station seated on little "bar-stool mountains" on a low-stage..

Read more...

1. alice NYC

No, she looks GREAT. LOVE IT.

July 23, 2009 at 3:29 pm |
  2. Jacqueline

I think Michelle's hair is wonderful and modern, it really compliments the shape of her face. Not really much like Jackie O if you ask me, maybe the modern Jackie O. I feel like Obama and his family are a real family. They seem to always be themselves instead of the fake Republican happy family. I felt that Sarah Palin's family always seemed fake and stiff, Obama's is always full of life and spirit.

July 23, 2009 at 3:27 pm |
  3. Annie Kate

The Obama's are not like the Kennedy's in anything but ideas. The Kennedy's had a fortune sitting behind them easing the way in life; Obama has himself and his brain and personality to advance himself and a very lovely wife to help. Michelle's new hair do does not in any way remind me of Jackie. Michelle's hair-do is much more flattering to Michelle and I think Michelle is a lot prettier as well.....especially with the new hair do.

July 23, 2009 at 2:13 pm |
  4. Isabel • Brazil •

Michelle Obama has personality. She is a woman contemporaneous, modern and these comparisons don’t make sense. The new hair is very elegant and fine, propitious to a first lady. I like very much!

Will the women follow the Michelle Obama’s new hair? Who knows? Lol...

July 23, 2009 at 2:01 pm |
  5. lampe

Why Do We Care So Much About Her Hair, or Her Style ?

July 23, 2009 at 1:39 pm |
  6. Gladys barriner

I believe First Lady Michelle O, looks great! Her hair cut becomes a image made for the First Lady such as style, grace, and beautiful.

July 23, 2009 at 1:31 pm |
  7. Donna Wood, Lil' Tennessee

I love it! It's very becoming! I just wish I could wear mine short also. It just doesn't look right. I guess I'm stuck with my long locks. I'd miss it if it were gone anyhow! And if Mrs. Obama did start a trend with her
    "look", it sure couldn't hurt! She's a lovely lady.

Donna Wood
    Lexington, Tennessee

July 23, 2009 at 12:53 pm |
  8. Enough

Nothing about Michelle Obama looks like Jackie O. Roslyn Carter..........maybe! The Obamas are NOTHING Like the Kennedys, they are more like the Carters. This lame attempt won't work. Kennedy would be horrified at the mess this country is in. I was yesterdays democrat that was for the middle class, todays democrat is what can you do for me!

July 23, 2009 at 12:40 pm |
  9. Melissa

Wow, that cut looks fantastic on her. This administration actually reminds me very much of the Kennedy's. They are a young and happy family, with respectful and cared for children. The President has new ideas and is a fantastic orator who is working very hard to push through his agenda. His wife is very classy, and tries hard to support several causes while raising her girls. Much like the Kennedy's.

I just hope Obama stays away from the cheating thing.

They are a model family that is in every way "The Traditional Family" that the Republicans try so hard to force down everyones throat.

President Obama has even come into power at a time of great turmoil like Kennedy did.

So far so good.

July 23, 2009 at 12:33 pm |
  10. Jeanette

It doesn't look at all like Jackie O. She wore what was known in her day as a flip. It was full at the top like Michelle O but flipped up at the ends all the way around. I wore the same hairdo when it was popular.

She looks great with her new Do.

July 23, 2009 at 12:12 pm |
  11. Michelle Johnson, Lomita, CA

I always wonder how Michelle Obama feels, coping with her new position as First Lady. She had a challenging, important career before the White House; now she is treated like a fashion model. I don't know how she handles it, since she is so intelligent and well-educated. Were I in that sort of position, I would go insane.

July 23, 2009 at 12:10 pm |
  12. Cindy

Why is every body always trying to make Michelle out to be Jackie O? She is not and never will be. She is Michelle Obama...let her be herself and stop comparing her to everyone else!

Cindy..Ga.

July 23, 2009 at 12:08 pm |
  13. Vickie

Uh..............NO
    It reminds me of Michelle O. Michelle has her own sense of style, so why try to tie her to anyone else?

The new cut looks great by the way! 🙂

July 23, 2009 at 11:50 am |
  14. Joanne R. Pacicca

She has a unique look and a unique style, second to none.

July 23, 2009 at 11:46 am |
  15. kgibson23

I think Michelle looks wonderful with that cut!

July 23, 2009 at 11:32 am |
  16. Anais

She looks cute! But not like Jackie O. Jackie O's hair flares out at the bottom and is a bit longer. Michelle Obama's hair is a bit more modern- shorter and less flare.

July 23, 2009 at 11:30 am |
  17. meenas17

Michelle Obama looks cute.

July 23, 2009 at 11:19 am |
  18. debilee

Michelle Obama looks like " Michelle Obama" Since Jackie O had "the look" for her day , Is it possible that "Michelle Obama" has her look for her day ?? Great Influance for our Era , ay ?

July 23, 2009 at 11:16 am |