July 16th, 2009

Photo Gallery: John F. Kennedy, Jr.

Photos from the life of John F. Kennedy, Jr. Today marks the 10th anniversary of his death. (Photos courtesy of Getty Images)

Filed under: 360° Radar
  1. GLORIA BLUEDELL

sad birthday.....which affect me, also

July 17, 2009 at 7:30 am |
  2. Kimberly Mercier

So lovely. So difficult to realize they are still On the Other Side when we need human beings like John here. I hope Caroline feels her family's presence around her often. She must feel lonely without her parents and brother, even though she has children of her own.

July 17, 2009 at 2:26 am |
  3. Nora

Forever young, beautiful couple

July 17, 2009 at 1:31 am |
  4. Nathalie

He was my dream man. Thanks for the memorys.

July 16, 2009 at 11:06 pm |
  5. Jack

What a shame... thanks for remembering him.

July 16, 2009 at 9:12 pm |
  6. Annie Kate

Wonderful pictures and such a sad end for JFK Jr. I love the picture of him under the Resolute desk in the Oval office and the picture of the family with him standing beside Jackie and his father while Caroline is on her pony. They all look so young....hard to believe that John Jr. has been dead a decade now; Jackie died just a few years before him and JFK himself has been dead 46 years this November. I'm just glad Jackie did not live to see the death of her son; no parent should have to witness the death of their child.

July 16, 2009 at 7:55 pm |
  7. Pati B

It was totally heartbreaking I grew up and was just 15 when JFK died. I remember it so well. When John Jr. was missing with his wife and sister-in-law, it was also heartbreaking. I watched him grow up to be a beautiful man. From what I have read he was beautiful inside and out so much promise lost. So very sad. These 10 years have gone by so fast.

July 16, 2009 at 7:52 pm |
  8. Bella

He was so sweet... my ideal of man. I will miss him always.

July 16, 2009 at 7:48 pm |
  9. Jessica

I can't help but think that he may have been our president someday...had he lived.

July 16, 2009 at 7:34 pm |
  10. Charles

A potential not realized.......

July 16, 2009 at 6:48 pm |
  11. Noel Anthony Haughey

A beautiful Family, The Kennedy's. A righteous family that planted seeds Politically for racial and civil justices for all Americans. Much progress has been made since in honor of the late President John F. Kennedy....

July 16, 2009 at 6:34 pm |
  12. Laurence

Hi Anderson,
    I flew to Nantucket on July 4th with 3 friends in a small plane, passed over Martha's Vineyard... You cannot not think about that day. So sad, this family has suffered so much. And we must not forget his wife and her sister who died with him, poor parents! My thoughts to their families.

July 16, 2009 at 6:26 pm |
  13. Sherry Hicks

So young and so sad!

July 16, 2009 at 6:15 pm |
  14. Anne Johnson

Thank-you Anderson

July 16, 2009 at 6:10 pm |
  15. Patricia Ronk

Wow hard to believe its been 10 years already. He was such a great guy, had so much promise.We went to Cape Cod that day 7/16/09 & stayed in Falmouth for the 5 days they were searching for them & found the bodies. We had planned to go to Marthas Vineyard but changed our minds since they were searching the waters in that area, We did pass the 3 white trucks they transported the bodies in, very eiree. Wonder what would of become of John today if it all never happened?

July 16, 2009 at 6:08 pm |
  16. Claire Arce

Beautiful pictures. He is greatly missed.

July 16, 2009 at 6:07 pm |
  17. Donna Wood, Lil' Tennessee

Such beautiful pictures! It's hard to believe it's been 10 years since that fateful day. My humblest regards to his family and that of his beautiful wife.

Donna Wood
    Lexington, Tennessee

July 16, 2009 at 6:05 pm |
  18. Sandra Robertson, GA

As a child, I remember watching the funeral service of President John F. Kennedy with my Mom, and seeing her grief and tears really for the first time. When John F. Kennedy Jr.'s plane was reported missing, I was visiting my Mom, and I shared the tears with her. When I look at photos of him, I feel a kinship. He was of my generation. He will never be forgotten and neither will his wife, Carolyn and her sister, Lauren, be forgotten. It is hard to believe they have been gone 10 years now. Next week is the anniversary of my Mom's death and I would like to remember her for teaching me love and respect for all people.

July 16, 2009 at 5:46 pm |
  19. Susan Moeller

Thanks for these pics Anderson. I can't believe it's been 10 years. Looking at these pictures I could not help but think what could have been....

July 16, 2009 at 5:40 pm |
  20. Ev Indigaro Jordan

Thanks Anerson enjoyed this very much. Very sad to see the end of Camelot.

July 16, 2009 at 5:39 pm |
  21. Janet

John John playing under President Kennedy's desk in the Oval office has always been my favorite picture of the Kennedy's.

July 16, 2009 at 5:38 pm |
  22. Lydia

Wow, what awsome images. This is what "capturing the moment" in and with photography is all about.

July 16, 2009 at 5:32 pm |
  23. Lorraine

I will always miss John Kennedy Jr. I always wished he would have made it to see the First African American President. He would be so happy, one thing for sure his Dad and Uncle Bobby loved African Americans to be where they are today. I am sure that John Kennedy Jr probably would have run for President at some point but he did not get the chance. I feel bad for his sister because I know how she feels, she must miss her brother and Mom terrible. I lost my Dad and Brother and its the worst feeling in the world. I love the Kennedys.

July 16, 2009 at 5:29 pm |
  24. MeMe

Meant that to say "Alot like you, AC". and not "slot like you....."

July 16, 2009 at 5:08 pm |
  25. Natalie

JFK, Jr. was so gorgeous. We'll never know if he would have eventually run for public office. In adulthood, we've watched him through the bar exams, the Darryl Hannah relationship, his cousin's death, cousin's trial, his mother's death, his marriage, his magazine – all the trials and tribulations we've seen and watched it all. He was America's Royalty. He is greatly missed.

July 16, 2009 at 5:08 pm |
  26. MeMe

Makes you wonder where we'd be on the "greater accomplishments" scale if he were still here making his contributions to society! Both he and Caroline are a parents greatest joy for active participants in society! Slot like you. AC

July 16, 2009 at 5:06 pm |
  27. Deborah Milne

Thanks for the memories. Still today feel sadden by the loss of John Jr., his wife & her sister.

July 16, 2009 at 5:02 pm |
  28. JC- Los Angeles

It's a tragedy that this neophyte of a pilot thought so little of the lives of his wife and sister-in-law that he would leave their family with a loss beyond belief.

Our once proud nation has been run into the ground by irresponsible people who never are held responsible for their actions.

Unfortunately, John F. Kennedy Jr. is the poster boy for this storied group.

July 16, 2009 at 4:58 pm |
  29. Sally

Really breaks your heart to think about his potential and the tradegy of their deaths. Thank you for posting.

July 16, 2009 at 4:55 pm |
  30. wardpeter

He was a beautiful man.

July 16, 2009 at 4:51 pm |
  31. Watcher09

beautiful

July 16, 2009 at 4:47 pm |
  32. Isabel • Brazil •

Beautiful photos of a short-lived, but full of admirable moments.

And 10 years have passed since the death of him. How life is going fast!

My favorite photo, no doubt, is John-John under the desk's father. Exciting!

July 16, 2009 at 4:43 pm |