July 16th, 2009

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 07/16/09

We're working on breaking news. There's word of a explosion at a luxury hotel in Jakarta, Indonesia. We'll have the latest details for you tonight.

Want to know what else we're covering? Read EVENING BUZZ

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

And take a look at our live web camera from the 360° studio. Watch the WEBCAM

Filed under: Live Blog • T1
  1. Lori from IL

Good night Anderson, Randi Kaye and Fellow Bloggers -

Hope everyone has a good Friday .....
    Until tomorrow night ..... peace....

July 16, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  2. Isabel • Brazil •

Anderson,
    Good evening and thank you with the latest news!

Good night David, Indiana
    I was missing yesterday because the connection to the internet not cooperating!

I hope, sincerely, that we have good news from Indonesia! May God protect the Indonesia!

See you tomorrow!

July 16, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  3. David, Indiana

I found those two intvws at Cape Coast Castle arresting even as I am sitting here thinking about the explosions in Jakarta. Imahkus Okofo is talking about an overwhelming experience and emotionally. Somehow it is very easy to connect with her.

Thanks Randi for the report on the Penguins, I hope things work out for Harry and Linda, and Pepper finds another penguin he can hook up with.

Good night Isabel, good night everyone.

July 16, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  4. Angela - Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

Goodnight everyone!

July 16, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  5. starr formerly known as vincent

Good to hear and a relief that the children of MJ "melt" into Janet J. arms. It seems logical to have them with her and healing too. She certainly was very close to her brother at one time (don't know how close lately). But she would be my pick.

Hope the judge(s) listent to children. Also hope the children can chooe their own religion too.

Anderson, i knowyou said you're on until MN tonight, but i am guessing the blog will be closed. So thank you and good night and Team 360 et al too (especially Randi Kaye).

Good night fellow bloggers, hope better news tomorrow.

July 16, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  6. sharon, sydney, ns

I don't think it matters what religion, if any, they are brought up in. By the time they are "of age", they'll decide for themselves what they want to do as far as religion is concerned.
    Night everyone.

July 16, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  7. Nicole, North Carolina

Debbie Rowe does not deserve those children — she sold them like commodities. Katherine Jackson is a great choice, because she is who Michael wanted and clearly outlined in his will. Janet is also a terrific alternate given her mother’s age. Janet is only 43, has her own millions, and clearly does not have money as her driving force in this matter!

July 16, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  8. Angela - Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

I'd love to see Janet Jackson raise MJ's kids... They (the kids) seemed to be very close to her when I watched the memorial service, specially Paris.

July 16, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  9. Mindy

I think Janet would be a much more appropriate mother than Michael Jackson's mother. Seeing how Paris turned to Janet in tears after speaking at her dad's memorial was very telling.

July 16, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  10. Heather - Spokane, WA

I can see Janet taking Michael's kids

July 16, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  11. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Good Night Everyone! Sweet loving and kind dreams!

July 16, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  12. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

I love my favorite Conan O'Brien love joke Anderson was talking about his trip, so funny!!!! Cool! Good joke Conan!!! LOL 😀

Good night Anderson, Erica, David G, Ed Henry and my friend twitter/facebook bloggers!!!!!!!
    Have a great night and sleep tight everyone!!!! 😀
    See you tomorrow night!!!!

Anderson,
    Have a great night, good sleep at home after work!!!! See you tomorrow night!!! Have a plenty sleep! 😀

July 16, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  13. Sabrina In Las Vegas

That is why I felt she would ultimately be the one the kids end up with.

July 16, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  14. Lori

Those kids need to stay together

July 16, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  15. Isabel • Brazil •

@David, Indiana
    I hope there is not a lot of injuries and deads.
    Terrorism is something that frightens us so much! Nobody is immune!

July 16, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  16. Minou, New York City

I would love for Janet to get custody. The kids just seem so close to her.

July 16, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  17. Henya From CA,

Hi
    Our President is an awesome speaker. he is great in every thing he dos, I am very happy with hem

July 16, 2009 at 10:54 pm |