July 15th, 2009
  1. Christina, Windber, PA

Hey Anderson
    I enjoyed your interview with President Obama. It was touching to hear him talking about his favorite moments of the trip; good questions! I liked when he was talking about how he felt watching his daughters interract with Pope Benedict and how fast they are growing up. You could clearly see the pride on his face. It's nice to see fathers expressing their pride for their daughters.

Great interview. I hope it's the first of many.

July 15, 2009 at 7:07 pm |
  2. Cherisa

Good interview. I hope there are more such opportunities during President Obama's term.

I was struck by what he said about slavery. Such injustice continues today, though we might call it something else – genocide, rape as a weapon of war, etc. He mentioned the situations in Darfur and Congo. These injustices continue, and we look the other way. I can't help but wonder if there would be greater awareness and action if media kept these stories in the spotlight – not just a one-hour special but a constant account.

July 15, 2009 at 2:32 pm |
  3. Isabel S • Brazil •

Ah, the only thing I didn't like was the shirt. Not made sense!

July 15, 2009 at 1:52 pm |
  4. Isabel S • Brazil •

Excellent interview with President Obama.

The sad thing is, the interview with the President has been so short. I expected more.

Paradoxical if we think in time spent with Michael Jackson

July 15, 2009 at 1:30 pm |
  5. Theresa, Des Moines, IA

Anderson,
    I really enjoyed watching the interviews these last two evenings. President Obama's answers to questions about the impact of slavery on his family, is slavery still with us, and what lessons he tries to teach his children really impressed me. His intelligence, curiosity, and sense of justice and fairness really shine through when he answers those questions. Even though I disagree with some of his economic policies, I believe he is the right leader for our times.

I am recommending the special show that will air this weekend to my friends and family.

July 15, 2009 at 12:56 pm |
  6. Gail Duncan

Ahhhhh, Anderson, i really enjoyed that. How i wish more people would visit Africa. You feel the spirit once you get off the plane. The people, the spirit, the love, the food......so much to experince and learn. I also love the wise sayings and the layed back feel. Thankyou my brother but next time, take me with you! LOL

July 15, 2009 at 12:53 pm |
  7. Alan

Great interview Anderson.
    You have a special sense of humor and that made you connect with the president just right.

Keep up the good work!!

July 15, 2009 at 12:09 pm |
  8. Ellie B

Great interview Anderson.
    Iiked the touch at the end when you gave the President the shirt with his face on it nice one.

July 15, 2009 at 11:31 am |
  9. Kathleen Crossley

Terrific Interview !

President Obama is very down to very personable and down to earth..

Kudos !!

Love you Anderson 🙂

Respect..

July 15, 2009 at 11:22 am |
  10. shelly

Excellent interview with President Obama on the journey to Africa.

July 15, 2009 at 10:57 am |