July 8th, 2009

Obama and AC in Africa

The first African-American President visits Africa. Anderson takes this historic journey with President Obama. Don't miss this special AC360°, Monday 10 p.m. ET.

JOIN: LIVE BLOG Weeknights 10p ET

SURVEY: Your input on CNN.com and this site

Filed under: On TV
  1. Annie, Beijing, China

It's totally great journey. Although I'm a Chinese gril, I also very concerned about Africa. Even though our news programs has some similar theme, I think the view is completely different. Use different view to take us near to the truth. I'm so lucky to watch AC360. I really wanna see how will the vision of Anderson on it. and It's a return travel to Anderson, right? I was expecting it.
    Thank you Anderson, Thank you ac360.

July 9, 2009 at 4:29 am |
  2. Sheku Kallon

I'm looking forward to the report on Monday, Anderson.

Sheku K
    Atlanta, GA

July 8, 2009 at 6:12 pm |
  3. Christina, windber, PA

I may be in the minority but I feel we needed to watch the Michael Jackson memorial. He was hounded and treated unfairly by many in the press. He deserved the honor and respect he was given yesterday.

They say if you don't learn from your mistakes you are doomed to repeat them. How many need die before certain segments of the media learn to practice some restraint? Michael is just the latest on the list: Princess Diana, Elvis, Anna Nicole Smith. People were heard at the memorial shouting out "I love you". It looks to me like these people are being loved to death.

July 8, 2009 at 5:47 pm |
  4. amma

@JaSun- Egyptians often overlook themselves as Africans -it's been going on for centuries- They allow the media & the themselves 2 see them as Middle Easterners instead of Africans yet they don't mind taking the Africa Cup in soccer- can't be African when it's convenient 4 U! I had this debate in Ghana as we watched them win the Africa cup & remembered how Nkrumah tried to bring Egypt into a united Africa umbrella!

July 8, 2009 at 4:49 pm |
  5. amma

Anderson- u r an intelligent man- Obama is visting Ghana not the entire continent of Africa- This lumping an entire continent together as if it is a country happens 2 much in the US. the education system needs an overhaul in geography- Why didn't u say he's visiting Europe instead of Russia- stop the ignorance pls.!

July 8, 2009 at 4:46 pm |
  6. marina

So, after ignoring the president's trip to Russia to cover a pop star's funeral, Anderson Cooper is returning to journalism to cover Obama in Africa, that's cute. After watching him mumble and bumble through who Blanket is and how many limo's the Jackson family is using, I don't think I could ever take his reporting on anything seriously. Does CNN know the difference between entertainment and news. Good-bye Anderson.

Marina K.
    Boca Raton Fl.

July 8, 2009 at 12:09 pm |
  7. GLORIA BLUEDELL

Barack Obama can do better than George Bush for Africa ??

July 8, 2009 at 11:26 am |
  8. DawnMD

Yes, finally, something other than Michael Jackson coverage!

I think it is fantastic that President Obama is traveling to Africa.
    This continent needs more attention.
    I am glad AC360 will be there as well.
    I plan to stay tuned!

July 8, 2009 at 11:12 am |
  9. JaSun

Will this story cover the president's recent visit to Egypt? Often Egypt is overlooked as being a part of Africa.

July 8, 2009 at 11:06 am |
  10. Isabel Siaba (Brazil)

The visit of Pres. Obama to Africa will be interesting. High expectations.

Africa celebrated the victory of Pres. Obama so expressive and excited because of an expectation that Pres. Obama change the relations between the US and Africa. Some wait for the end of agricultural subsidies, forgiveness of debt and investment.
    The most realistic choose specific applications: more intervention to stop conflicts such as Darfur, Sudan.

Son of a Kenyan, Pres. Obama is, in theory, an African. Hence the expectation.

Let's see how will the vision of Anderson Cooper on it, finally the vision of an American journalist about those times where black America can be more egalitarian perhaps that Africa itself. As foreign, and I'm curious.

July 8, 2009 at 10:59 am |
  11. thomas clark

I feel it is a good idea obama travels to africa .He is president who seems to see the other side of world see how they live .
    It also shows that will not just hand out help he want to have first hand knowledge of what he hears told to him .
    I think he is a president to go down in history only for what says yet for he has done .
    what is your thoughts ?.