July 8th, 2009

Covering the Jackson story: A personal reflection

[cnn-photo-caption image=http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/07/07/paris.jackson/art.paris.jackson.gi.jpg caption="Paris Jackson, 11, is consoled by her uncle Marlon Jackson after delivering a tearful tribute to her father."]

Kay Jones
AC360° Coordinating Editorial Producer

It’s been a long couple of weeks since the moment we learned that Michael Jackson was rushed to the hospital in cardiac arrest. From the immediate “that can’t be true” thought, to the rush of “what can we confirm,” then to my job: “who can we get?” I feel like I’ve been in Ludacris speed (note Spaceballs reference here!) since June 25.

But as the night nine of my time in Los Angeles and night 13 of our coverage winds down, I am sure the magnitude of the past two weeks will hit me soon.

Yesterday's memorial was more reverent, more respectful, more thoughtful and more appealing than I even thought possible. I knew early on in the planning process who might have been attending and performing, but even knowing who was on the preliminary list did not diminish what was on stage. And although it’s no secret that Michael Jackson was a controversial figure, the bottom line was the man was a great entertainer. It’s also obvious that he touched so many lives throughout his short life.

I spoke to my six-year-old nephew, Jackson, after the memorial. The first thing he asked was if I got to talk to Kobe Bryant. I find that funny because, although my family is a sports loving family, I do not remember ever watching any part of a NBA game with any of them.

However, Jackson knows all of the players and the Lakers are his favorite team. I thought it was cute he was asking about Kobe. Then he asked a question that really hit me: Wasn’t Michael Jackson close to Papa’s (my father) age?

I never really thought of it in that way, but yes. And so my mom told him that yes, but Michael Jackson was younger. Jackson then said, 'yeah but the first number is the same in their ages.' As a child who lost his other grandfather just a few short weeks ago, I knew he was concerned about my father leaving this world sometime soon. I never really realized just how much a death can affect a child, and I know many were watching the coverage as well.

It got me thinking about Michael Jackson’s three children. They were just joys to watch from the stands as the memorial was going on. Paris was comforting Blanket, the youngest, quite a bit, and Prince appeared to be the strong young man throughout the service. He shook hands with everyone who came by the family after speaking and performing. At one point, his grandmother got up to hug someone who had just stepped off stage, and he went to escort her back to her seat. No matter how you felt about Michael Jackson, the man left three children behind who now have to deal with all of this attention surrounding his death.

Word will get out throughout the coming months about exactly how Jackson died, and much more speculation about possible criminal charges will come out, but yesterday there was virtually none of that. Yes, some speakers mentioned some of his past troubles, but I think the primary goal of the day was to celebrate his life. And being in the Staples Center was just that: a celebration.

A new story will pop up soon that the media will focus on, a new last minute trip will be scheduled in my world, and the day will become a distant memory. But it will always be a memory and I’m very glad I was able to contribute to CNN's coverage, as well as Anderson's reporting. And I don’t think anyone will forget where they were when they watched a beautiful little girl bravely walk up to the microphone, with her aunts, uncles and two brothers bravely standing behind her, as she proudly said “Daddy has been the greatest father you could ever imagine. And I just want to say that I love him so much”.

Filed under: 360° Radar • Behind The Scenes • Kay Jones • Michael Jackson
  1. michael moore

oh boo-hoo, the kids is going to grow up with silver spoon in her ass and have the opportunity to be just as screwed up as everyone else in that family. in ten years she can appear on "E" and tell the world about being adopted from some mentally ill black singer who desperately wanted to be a white woman.

July 8, 2009 at 2:37 pm |
  2. margaret plummer

dear anderson

great coverage & recap.. being also a former hoosier

could you please post that quote you made about
    a father less child..

thanks again an my God bless you an the Jackson family

July 8, 2009 at 2:36 pm |
  3. c,ca

I did not watch the MJ memorial but I did see Paris on the news. I thought it was awful to make a spectacle of that little girl.

What is wrong with these people? Is their anything they won't do for money and attention? I guess the only place they drew the line was having Michael stuffed and propped up at the ceremony. Of course if they were getting paid for it, they probably would've taken it into consideration.

Anyway, I felt badly for that poor little girl being put through such a trauma. MJ kept the kids hidden all of their lives but now they will be recognized and hounded everywhere they go. Shameful.

July 8, 2009 at 2:36 pm |
  4. JP

crazy thing happened... AS SOON AS Paris began to cry, it started raining in Times Square! not ALL of manhattan, Just t.sq. in that moment...it was sunny the whole time til then. CRAZY. r.i.p. MJ

July 8, 2009 at 2:09 pm |
  5. Chris CT

Where were Sharpton, Smokey Robinson, Brooke Shields, Stevie Wonder when Michael needed them most during his last trial? The landscape around Michael was barren during those years. Now – everybody loves him? What a farce. Real friends are there in the trenches, not when you're in a wooden box.

July 8, 2009 at 2:05 pm |
  6. wendy

I was so upset that the Jackson's allowed the children to be on stage. It seems to me that theyre father went to great lengths to prevent them from being exposed to the public. He even went as far as to have them cover their faces. What a shame the the Jackson's ruined that. There was no reason to have his distraught daughter end up now on the cover of every newspaper.Hopefully they can have the normal childhood that Daddy never had.

July 8, 2009 at 2:01 pm |
  7. Jonathan E. Danch

Dear Anderson Cooper,

During your time on AC 360 last night you were discussing the Michael Jackson Memorial Day with Larry King. In addition you were discussing with Mr. King your childhoods. It was mentioned that you both had lost your fathers early in your chilhood. You made a statement possibly from a book which caught my attention. I was not able to write it down because I didn't have a pen in hand. The beginning of it was "Fatherless sons..... and finished with not being able to trust. Larry, later asked you to repeat this statement because he also seemed to agree with it and could relate personally to it.

May I please know what that quotation was and what was the source of it. I often will be asked to speak with children privately, who have suffered difficult, painful childhoods relating to abuse, death, abandonment and divorce. I am very interested in this subject matter and would like to have this statement/quotation for my own use with these children and adult children suffering from painful childhoods.

I watch both of your shows each and every night! I appreciate your help with this request. Thank you ever so much.

Warmest Regards,

Jonathan E. Danch

July 8, 2009 at 1:43 pm |
  8. Jim Brown

After almost two weeks of non-stop Michael Jackson coverage, the AC360 show has lost all credibility as a news organization. Michael Jackson was a drug user and serial pedophile. The politically-correct media has joined together to sweep his abhorrent behavior under the rug. I have watched AC360 almost every night since Katrina, but will not tune in moving forward.

July 8, 2009 at 1:41 pm |
  9. Michael in Richmond, VA

I think that it is despicable for the City of Los Angeles to be asking for donations for the cost they incurred over Michael Jackson's death. I understand the immense cost to the city, but that is an obligation of the city and no one else. As a resident of the State of California, Michael Jackson has paid income taxes, personal property taxes, and will undoubtedly pay a "death tax" to the state as well. I wonder how much over the years Michael paid to California. The State of California has been profitting from Michael Jackson for years in his life and it is a down right shame that they are profitting from his death.

July 8, 2009 at 1:36 pm |
  10. Deborah Walker

Anderson,

You are undeniably the classiest, most prepared and objective journalist on TV. It is a pleasure to tune in and experience your humanity and straight talk when it comes to your journalistic talent. Thank You for your coverage of Michael Jackson. The world is just now coming to an understanding of just how much this genius contributed to music and the lives of those who enjoyed his incomparable contributions to the world as a whole. No, he was not perfect, but his music was. His concerts were worth every penny spent.

You as a journalist is worth every moment I spend tuning in to watch AC 360. Your humanity and honesty shines through continuously.

Deborah
    Kansas City, Missouri

July 8, 2009 at 1:31 pm |
  11. Monica - Bahamas

I have always enjoyed CNN coverage of the new. I enjoyed Anderson and Larry reminiscing of loosing their fathers at such a young age. My prayer is that the press give Michael's children the respect of privacy what they did not give him. It would be diheartening if those sweet children have to end up living the same kind of live that their dad did, one of solitude, isolation and no true friends. Please stop the talk of whether he was their biological father or not. It is only important (at least to me) that he was the only father they knew. Please give the children what was never given to Michael, SOME PRIVACY.

July 8, 2009 at 1:20 pm |
  12. Lynmarie Smith

Michael Jackson was a legend here in Jamaica. Speakers blast from ever car, bus and street corner. We love you MJ! R. I. P.

July 8, 2009 at 1:04 pm |
  13. Lynmarie Smith

I'm Lyn from Jamaica. Michael Jackson was a legend even here in Ja. Everywhere here loudspeakers are blasting in tribute to this great man. R.I.P. MJ!

July 8, 2009 at 1:00 pm |
  14. Norma Labno

07/08/09

Anderson, thank you for your perspective on Michael Jackson's
    Memorial, which I thought was perfection!

I was touched by the eulogies and thrilled by the gorgeous
    musical tributes of some of the finest entertainers ever!

I was moved the most by Michael Jackson's extraordinary
    children who I have not seen before! What a wonderful
    father he became and was!!!

The thought kept running thru my head: There's another Paris
    in town – Michael Jackson's daughter – the cute, sweet, genuine,
    adoring, adorable, loving daughter of M.J. (One of three – beautiful
    children – all who prove beyond any doubt what an extraordinary
    father he became and WAS!

"God Bless Them And Watch Over Them – Each and Everyone"

norma from nevada

July 8, 2009 at 12:48 pm |
  15. Umar Faruk Adamu

Tribute to Michael Jackson

Michael, you have come and gone like all mortals. You were indeed a great asset to humanity. People will forever cherish you for your contributions to world's peace and humans' happiness. Whatever omissions and commissions you made in your life, you stand to be a beneficiary of intercession by humanity to divinity and divinity to humanity.

July 8, 2009 at 12:45 pm |
  16. Dion

The coverage Anderson gave yesterday was somewhat decent and Anderson kind of showed some interesting refelctions when sharing his personal reflections about after the media leaves and the kids need to go on.

But still, I think MJ shared enough with the world that he death should have been shared in private.

The lows of AC360 coverage must have been the BUBBLES report and on the blog showing the death certificate which reeks of having no class. Sure as a journalist, you can report everything and keep the story going, but if that's not tabloid level, what is?

Perhaps in an "interest of news" we could post Anderson Cooper's father's death certificate????

July 8, 2009 at 12:35 pm |
  17. Tammy, Houma, LA

I need to comment to the person who said Anderson and Larry's experiences losing a parent cannot compare to that of the Jackson children. They can. Parents aren't necessarily the people who provided the sperm, egg, and uterus space. They are the people who love us, raise, us, are there for us, and hope for the best for us. These kids may not have had a mom in the traditional since of the word. Lots of kids don't. However, they had a dad and extended family who apparently loved and love them very much. They will be cared for by the Jackson family because they are part of them (whether the biological tie exists or not). They have a nanny who loves them (and trust me when my mom died, my nanny kept me together as a grown adult because true nannies never stop caring for their kids). And while MJ's family wasn't necessarily traditional (mom, dad, and kids), it was a family based in love which makes it more traditional than what many kids get today. Losing a parent sucks. When that parent was a best friend, it sucks worse. Every person who lost a beloved parent got those kids' pain yesterday and cried with them. I know I did. And I'm glad Anderson and Larry shared their experiences so the rest of the world might understand the Jackson children a little better.

July 8, 2009 at 12:31 pm |
  18. D'Alice

Good blog AC and good coverage, CNN was the only one I knew that would be top notch as far as coverage goes, cept Solidad O'Brien urked me a bit trying to bring up the scandles. I love how everyone else interviewed or spoken to quickly moved away from any subject that may be negative in any way shape or form.

For those who have never lost a parent or sibling, you will never know how hard it truly is, and how incredibly alone you feel even though there may be hundreds of loved ones surrounding you. I believe that is why there are so many that feel for his wonderful children. I was 23 when my mom passed, its been years but I still hurt almost daily for her. No one knows unless they have been trough it, so all the haters, hush up, we care becasue we know.

I got up and spoke at my mothers memorial, it was overwhelming to look out to see all of these people who have known me since my birth, so when Paris said what she did about her Father, I really really felt it, words can not describe. She is so brave and all of the children are such angles, that right there is enough of a testament of how fantastic of a person he was....not just and icon, singer, dancer, humanitarian....a person, like every single one of us on this 3rd rock from the sun...

July 8, 2009 at 12:31 pm |
  19. robin

Just wanted to say thanks fore all the Michael Jackson updates...I a. A lifelong fan and have felt included in this event sad is as is. I watched every minute unfold day to day and read every tweet you sent..some people may criticize or say enough already..I appreciate all you are doing! Paris speaking at the end of the ceremonyis a moment etched in my heart just like JohnJohn saluting his father at the funeral. Thanks again! You're the best! Robin

July 8, 2009 at 12:27 pm |
  20. Casey

Thank you, Kay. The memorial service was very grand and moving. But when the family spoke, I could feel a daughter had lost her father and a brother had lost his sibling.

July 8, 2009 at 12:23 pm |
  21. Jacqueline

As much as I feel sad that a life ended so young I don't think I feel as sad as many people do. Perhaps this is because I didn't grow up with Michael Jackson, I know many of his songs and enjoy them but I never saw him in concert because by the time I started to choose my own music he was no longer preforming. Most of the things I heard about Michael Jackson were the media stories of all the wierd things he did, And most of this was second hand anyway, I feel bad for his children and I mourne the loss of a great entertainer. I feel that the music industry hasn't given us anything close to Michael's genius in my lifetime. However I am VERY sick of all the media hype around his death, can we get back to important world news now PLEASE

July 8, 2009 at 12:17 pm |
  22. April Kitner

Fantastic summary and wrap up of it all. I have been glued to CNN for the past few weeks and you have done a fabulous job keeping the world informed. Michael Jackson's passing was so sudden and unexpected and, for a lot of us, reminded us of our childhood and took us back to more innocent times. My oldest cries when she sees Paris talking and tells me that she is so sorry that Michael Jackson died. My daughters knew nothing of MJ, but both (ages 2 and 5) have been dancing and singing along with Mommy over the past weeks. The number of people that he touched with his amazing talent is endless and I am sure, he will live forever in the hearts of family, friends, and fans. Great Job CNN! May Michael's family know the healing power of Jesus and seek comfort with Him in the trying months ahead.

July 8, 2009 at 11:56 am |
  23. Flo Hale

Today we recognize and still enjoy the marvelous gifts created by some of the most talented and notable names in history. The essence of their genius, the inspired beauty of their being continues century after century. When we admire their gifts we do not judge how they lived their lives...only the inner beauty of their creativity that went out all over the World. Michael Jackson shall be remembered in this way as we remember famous painters, composers, poets and alike.

July 8, 2009 at 11:55 am |
  24. Andi

It is unlikely that anyone watching the memorial would be unmoved by the words of a small girl who lost her father. After years of seeing these children masked and covered, to see them open and acting with such grace and dignity, one desperately hopes that we all allow them the opportunity to grow in privacy. Here is a chance at normalcy for them (or at least whenever humanly possible) so let us all back off and let them be. Personally, I will not purchased any item that carries pictures or stories of them. Would that be an excellent way of honoring their father?

July 8, 2009 at 11:54 am |
  25. Marika

I've tried always to focus on MJ's talent and have therefore remained pretty ambivalent about the endless controversy surrounding him. I'm an LA girl and understand how bizaar life of celebrity is. Rather, I should say, how bazaar the media makes celebrity life. But watching yesterday's memorial, I felt like I had met the man. And I liked him very, very much. I now understand why he was so greatly loved. Michael Jackson always told us who he was. He told us in every chosen word and thought of every song he wrote. The world that loved him, heard his words. The world that judged him, sadly, could not hear. Makes me wonder, how much we miss when we would rather judge than hear? It makes me really, really sad to think of what was done to him. But that's what we do isn't it? We are pretty good when it comes to the hammer and nails.

July 8, 2009 at 11:46 am |
  26. Julie Bumgarner

The coverage on Michaels memorial was really beautiful .....
    I always felt in my heart that I knew what he was going through- not having a childhood- always working- never having the time to be a kid.. i didn't have a childhood- I am not famous- Other things were happpening to me when I was a child.... And .I totally understand Michael- being a manchild at 50- cause I am a womanchild at 51.. When I was going through all my pains- as a child- and teenager- Michaels music helped me so much ......when at times I felt like giving up..... I'd put on his music and I would forget about my pain.... His music saved me!.

July 8, 2009 at 11:45 am |
  27. Benigna Marko

Wow, it does not seem real, it has been a couple of weeks already. Amazing. It just seemed like it was last couple of days, my brother called to let me know he had heard on the news just two minutes prior that Michael Jackson was rushed to the hospital and died. Time does not stand still.
    Benigna Marko

July 8, 2009 at 11:45 am |
  28. Marika Saliba

The Memorial turned out to be a well executed event giving M.J. an emotional, deserved farewell. I for one have never condemned the
    superstar of any wrong doing because it came down to what society
    deemed acceptable or not. I instinctively believe he was innocent. M.J. was labeled and scarred.Jackson dared to be different and to be himself and he paid the price. He had strengths and he had weaknesses, as we all do and his weaknesses proved to be self destructive. I wish people would have
    been as they are now(all exalting)when he was alive. It might have
    made a difference? I feel for the three children who were left behind.
    In my mind, I see his children as the only ones who can fully vindicated
    their loving father from any blemishes. We shall never see another
    Michael Jackson in our life time or maybe any lifetime.

July 8, 2009 at 11:44 am |
  29. Summer

Wow,,,the memorial was so touching..I laughed and cried through the whole thing. ..It was put together by AEG so well..Michael would have been so proud of this memorial..it was just his style..Thank you CNN for letting us be a part of it through your television eyes...

July 8, 2009 at 11:44 am |
  30. Marie

Last night on the Ed Show
    a commentary aired expressing concern over the elaborate memorial and coverager of MJ.
    Well,we do have annual days of celebration for important events and heroes as well as leaders,can we not be allowed to experess our farewell and thank yous to someone who obviosly touched so many , in this beautiful way without critisism,jelousy, or gossip.?

July 8, 2009 at 11:37 am |
  31. Tammy, Houma, LA

I am pretty jaded about productions after someone dies. I often believe it is more about the show for the sake of family image than the reality of what really was. However, what I saw of the memorial was legit. It was dignified. It was genuine. Watching Michael Jackson's children yesterday one thing became very clear. His greatest talent apparently was being a dad. He taught his children to be good, loving people who are there for each other. That is his true legacy. Paris Jackson's words said it all. He wasn't a famous entertainer to them. He was simply their daddy. And kudos to the honest reporting of this tragedy for the last weeks. Your anchors were never snippy nor tacky in commentary about any part of this. It showed class. The Jackson family and Michael's memory deserved that much.

July 8, 2009 at 11:27 am |
  32. Kimberly

Thank you Kay, for writing from your perspective. Michael's legacy will be his children, his greatest gift to the world. For all his ups and downs, I would still trade father's with them any day. Theirs left them with true emotions of having been loved and adored. I admire MJ for that and it will always be remembered when I hear his songs.

July 8, 2009 at 11:26 am |
  33. GARY

Great recap Aderson, we must all sit back and reflect on what our time on earth is all about. God is in our life for a reason.

July 8, 2009 at 11:22 am |
  34. Marie

Ditto

July 8, 2009 at 11:22 am |
  35. Blanch

Thanks Anderson I have been watching your show since Katrina. I always though you were a fair guy. After watching you this past 2 weeks I thought you didn't have any compassion. I am glad I was wrong. Keep up the good work. Love watching you.

July 8, 2009 at 11:17 am |
  36. Isabel Siaba (Brazil)

No matter how eccentric who lived their lives, now Michael Jackson's children face a trauma experienced by all children who lose a parent suddenly.

Overcoming this trauma will depend of the responsible for the ability of children to create a stable and safe environment.

They were born after Michael Jackson has reached the peak of his career and the singer kept protected from curious eyes.

One thing is certain: the loss of a father is always a disaster for any small child and the children of Jackson need help to deal with it.

Yesterday was a day to stay in our memories. In a few years I will comment can with my son (he's now 3).

July 8, 2009 at 11:10 am |
  37. Monica

That's a great perpective. Everyone was touched by yesterday's ceremony, and it nice to see that although at times you as a reporter must have an objective point of view, Michael's memorial brought forth your inner feelings that are shared by so many of us. "We are the world we are the children" -Michael Jackson RIP

July 8, 2009 at 11:03 am |
  38. Janice Dashnay

Very well said anderson. The memorial will stay in my mind forever. It brought a lot of emotion to me. To remember Michael Jackson as he should be remembered. It went through a lot of kleenex yesterday when Brooke Shields spoke, when Usher sang, when his brother Jermaine sang, when his brother Marlon spoke & especially when Michael's daughter Paris spoke. It brought it all home and humanized Michael more than the brilliant artist that he was. I hope the media will let his beautiful children and family live their lives out of the watchful eyes of those who followed Michael for so many years & with so much negativity. At least now he is free and safe in a place where negativity does not exsist. R.I.P. Michael. You will be missed. Much love to your children & family.

July 8, 2009 at 11:00 am |
  39. christine w.

so sad. i died when i saw her up there. cried so much. i feel so much for them. so sad. i don't think anyone in the world could watch that and not cry.

July 8, 2009 at 10:58 am |
  40. Michelle

Thank you. Perfectly said. my heart goes out to those beautiful children. just reading your post i cried again (sitting at my desk at work – not good!). Regardless of the negative history, yesterday may have brought light to the possibility that stories were not founded but mere stories – brought to light due to fame, fourtune, jealousy ...

thank you again.

July 8, 2009 at 10:57 am |
  41. Nicole in Phoenix

Thank you for posting your thoughts about the memorial. It is nice to hear perspective from someone who was there in the stadium. I will cherish from here on out any additional news I hear about Michael and his children. Strangely, I feel as close to his children as I do to Michael. They are his legacy, and even though it's like we just met yesterday, I feel like his children old souls just like Michael. Certainly his spirit carries on in them. RIP MJ.

July 8, 2009 at 10:54 am |
  42. DawnMD

All I can say is: Memorial Service Jackson & AEG Style!

This event should be a money-maker for all involved except for the man of honor, Michael.
    As a result, sales of everything Michael will soar.

Everything was showmanship like, even down to parading his children on stage.

I would say I feel sorry for Michael's children but I think they will be better off than most of us so why are spending so much time worrying about their welfare?

We seem to care more about his children rather than children who are suffering on a daily basis.

I tire of celebrities and their drama.

Please lets move on to more important events; just let us know when the Doctors and other enablers are brought to justice.

July 8, 2009 at 10:54 am |
  43. Jim B.

You know, the more I reflect on Michael Jackson and the unusual leve of white skin he had attained that did not appear to be associated with Vetiligo, the more it occured to me that he may have been using Arsenic. In Victorian times Aristicratic Ladys would ingest minute amounts of Arsenic in order to enhance the paleness of their skin and has been recorded that the skin would take on a porcelan white appearance which was very desirable. Evidently the Arsenic would destroy skin pigment and produce the desired pale porcelan look.

July 8, 2009 at 10:52 am |
  44. Paulette

Anderson – You captured the essence of yesterday so wonderfully. Thank you.

July 8, 2009 at 10:50 am |
  45. Caroline

So strange to see Anderson and Larry compare their experiences of losing their father at a young age with Jackson's 3 children's experience. These 3 children were "created" by anonymous people as a self-indulgence for a rich man who wanted someone to play with. By his choice these kids only have a father – there is no mother to mitigate their terrible loss. This is what this "loving father" chose for them. They are now at the mercy of the world media with no one to protect them. Anderson and Larry still had loving mothers to protect and console them. This is in now way a similar experience.

July 8, 2009 at 10:45 am |
  46. Cindy

Yesterday's MJ Memorial was very well done. It wasn't over the top as I imagined it may be. It was solemn and sweet remembering a man who meant a lot to everyone and not just an icon. My fav performance was John Mayer playing Human Nature on his guitar while the back up singers sang. That was beautiful! I also loved the montages that they had playing through out the memorial.

The little words that Paris did say was enough. She brought this whole thing together to make us see that no matter what, Michael was just a man who had a family that loved him and miss him so. Hopefully those three children will be very well taken care of and helped to get through this loss.

Now I hope that Michael can finally rest in peace. Hopefully the media will move on and allow that and allow his family to grieve in peace.

Cindy..Ga.

July 8, 2009 at 10:41 am |
  47. deon patrick

Dear Anderson Cooper,

My Auntie is trying to tell you she did not appreciate your comment she heard from you yesterday.... but I did not hear the comment. Though, she may be angry at you, I still enjoy watching your show everyday sometimes when I've got time. Thank

July 8, 2009 at 10:28 am |
  48. John O'Donnell

Very nice read. MJ did a lot of good in this world and my heart goes out to his three children

July 8, 2009 at 10:13 am |
  49. Beth Packer

I am wondering why there wasn't a recap of the young man, Shaheen Jafargholi, during any of the coverage on the MJ Memorial. He was amazing! CNN did a wonderful job!

July 8, 2009 at 10:07 am |
  50. Michelle D . Fonthill. Ont

Good Morning Kay

The coverage yesterday was really touching and sad .I still can't believe that Micheal Jackson is gone .It was so shocking to come home from work that day to learn of his death i marvel at his talent from his early years with his brtothers ad to the disco days of Rock with you and the Thriller album to which i still have on vinal album .I loved him and his music it will live on forever and there will never be another grat entertainer like him again .I hope he is resting in peace now i pray for his family and his children .I will miss him

Michelle D.