July 7th, 2009

The secret children: Secret no more

[cnn-photo-caption image=http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/07/07/michael.jackson.wrap/art.daughter.aeglive.jpg caption="Paris Katherine Jackson, 11, said goodbye to her father at the close of the memorial service."]

Tom Foreman | Bio
AC360° Correspondent

Judging from the Twitterfall, a lot of fans were reduced to weeping puddles by the words of Paris Jackson. As that young girl stood at the microphone and tried to speak of her love for her father, she was a stark reminder of the simple fact that in the end the King of Pop was also a human being. I watched as the family swept her away from the microphone and hugged her, and heard the audience applaud with praise and sympathy for her courage in a terrible time.

But sadly, there is a legacy of that moment I can not ignore: For the first time, I know exactly what she looks like. I have heard her voice. And millions more…maybe hundreds of millions…did too.

Jackson was certainly not a typical father, and he did some things that defied defense: that horrific baby dangling episode, for example. In addition, there are all those troubling questions about his private conduct that will forever circle his biography like vultures.

But for as long as he was alive he did a pretty good job keeping his children’s faces hidden from the public at large. The masks seemed strange to the point of disconcerting, to be sure, but the alternative could have been worse. So there were the odd snapshots that showed up now and then, but not many, and almost never in the mainstream media.

And now? He has not even been put to rest, and already the hidden children have been paraded before the world. I have no idea whose idea that was, or if it was simply an oversight. I have no idea if Michael Jackson would have objected, although his behavior only a few weeks ago suggests he would have.

What I do know is this: Any hope of them going out for an ice cream cone, or a bike ride, or a visit to an amusement park was complicated before today; but now it is virtually impossible. They will now be met at every corner by fans with cellphone cameras, paparazzi, and curious gazes. In our celebrity crazed culture, the lives of those children just grew immensely more complex and problematic.

Filed under: 360° Radar • Michael Jackson • Tom Foreman
  1. Raquel

To Donna:

I guess you didn't get to see a picture of MJ holding an umbrella while walking with his unmasked children which has been circulating for a while, particularly after his death. This means to me that he was already OK with his children faces being seen, so we cannot accuse the family of disrespect.

What I'm really horrified at is everyone drawing up conclusions about things that are really not their business. Let's all just pray for the children and for the Jacksons so they will raise these children properly. Just because mistakes were made in the past it doesn't mean they couldn't have learned from them, besides, grandparents are always easier and sweeter with their grandkids than they ever were to their own kids. I'm speaking from experience, I actually preferred my grandparents to my parents but they made sure to let us know they were not always so "great", same for my parents, they treated my kids in a way they never treated me!

As for MJ, I will always admire him for his great talents and pray to God to have mercy on him just like I want Him to have mercy on me, we're all humans and have fallen short of His glory on one point or another, makes NO difference in the end, only how much faith we had.

July 8, 2009 at 2:21 am |
  2. Deborah

The children are gorgeous and Paris just broke my heart today. When she said "Daddy" I stared at the t.v. as if someone had done something horrendous. Puts a whole new perspective on things to hear her say that word even though I knew he had children. I do not agree that she should have been up on the stage but if it helps her in any way to vocalize her feelings, then so be it. I have great concerns about Michael's siblings – just a gut feeling. I pray that they will have the children's best interests at heart!

July 8, 2009 at 2:17 am |
  3. Lynn

ENOUGH ALREADY, Most people I know, don't care and are sick of all the media hype.

Besides, if his family cared about his kids they would have maintained their privacy and they did not. If they had, these children could have had a better chance to move about with some kind of a normal life without people recognizing them. But, it was more important for his family to exploit them in the hopes of getting control of the children /assets instead of protecting their privacy. This whole thing has been a circus for a fading entertainer who has done nothing for quite some time. He is not "The Greatest Entertainer Ever" What he was however, was a man who settled multi-million dollar lawsuits based on his inappropriate actions with young boys. Just because his was not convicted in his trial does not mean his was innocent. It just means there was not enough evidence to convict him in the criminal case. No one pays out tens of MILLIONS of dollars in civil lawsuits when they are innocent- no one, no matter how they try to spin it. If your heart breaks for a child, why don't you think about his victims and their families and what they had to deal with.

July 8, 2009 at 2:15 am |
  4. A Soldier

If we look closely at the ceremony, the little girl, Paris, reached for the mic as it was being passed around. And who would deny any child from acknowledging and releasing the demise of her father? Educational note: some of us, regardless of race or skin color, start to lose pigmentation. This is why you see people complexion with light spots(loss of pigmetation). So, perhaps since he couldn't stop it, he had all of it removed. I forget the term, but I urge you to look it up,"loss of pigmentation"

Knowledge is dangerous

July 8, 2009 at 2:06 am |
  5. katie j

that was beautiful when Paris spoke. I agree with those saying it humanized him. people get so wrapped up in the "celebrity" and never think of them as just "people"..fathers and uncles..etc. R.I.P. Michael J. Jackson..my thoughts and prayers will always be with his family,kids,and friends. he will forever be missed & loved..never forgotten <3 i know i will make sure my kids know who he is,that is for sure.

July 8, 2009 at 2:06 am |
  6. Debbie

God bless those wonderful children. They are the greatest gift of all, above any amount of money. I ask Debbie Rowe to stay out of their lives and allow the Jackson family to continue to keep giving the love and wonderful home they are used to, surrounded with Grandma, Aunts, Uncles, cousins (all a part of Michael). This is the most wonderful caring and loving home for the children. I fear if Debbie Rowe fights for custody and even if she loses, the battle will be very ugly, confusing and hurtful for the children. I ask her to please stay out of their lives, there is nothing she has to offer, except confusion and hurt. When the children are adults, if they feel a need to communicate with Debbie Rowe, they are free to do so and at that time can form their own opinion. Right now they desparately need the constant love of the Jackson family and a life with a family that will love them and keep them happy and safe.

July 8, 2009 at 2:03 am |
  7. Tracy Hardiman AB

Leave Michaels children alone! They have had enough grief in their lives, and now they have lost the one and only true person who really cared about them. The masks or veils were not there to mock, they were there to protect them from people who have nothing nice to say. Respect the fact they are who they are and they didn't choose the life they have been given. Wish them only love, respect and the strength to move on knowing their father loved them, no matter what. Paris loves her Dad and like so many of us, wish he were here today. Truly gone too soon. Peace be with you now Michael. God bless.

July 8, 2009 at 1:52 am |
  8. navi

wow, my heart goes out to those children along with the rest of the family, i watched the memorial and cried the entire time.... rest in peace mj

July 8, 2009 at 1:52 am |
  9. EMILY DUNLAP HUZZIE

I never attended a Michael Jackson concert, because we couldn't afford it. But, I did and have always liked [loved] his music and his dancing. I will miss MJ very very much. I have loved the Jackson family forever. MJ's children will be in my prayers. And I hope that the courts will not take them from Mrs. Jackson. She need them and they need her.I don't know what kind of relationship Mr. and Mrs. Jackson have. But, if he need to get out of the picture entirely, good riddance. I don't condone violence and for him to beat/ whip his kids like he did. It's unforgiveable to me. I watched him [Joseph] at the BET awards and at the memorial and all the times he was shown on TV. I only feel discust for him. I wonder if he misses MJ or the possibility of money from his famous son.
    I will pray for MJ's children and his family.

July 8, 2009 at 1:51 am |
  10. Jammie

MJ had no strange episodes with his children. He just made a bad judgement. Noone with children can ever say that they have never made a bad judgement "if their honest". They just were not always on video tape. Also Deb has never been in the childrens life. Blood does not make you a parent! Love, Pain and Tears is a parent and MJ has been that to these kids. Judges judgement should come from the kids. Let them choose who they want to be with.

July 8, 2009 at 1:51 am |
  11. Carol, Canada

Another angel got his wings today. God bless his children. A boy who became a legend. His legacy will live forever after we are all gone. His talent was superb, his business-sense remarkable, so what's wrong with some eccentricity? Poor judgment in choosing those around him. As Mr. Chopra said, his doctors have to account for his demise. I never met Michael, but I had always suspected he was a gentle and kindred spirit and whatever negative things that were said about him, I am fully convinced that he in no way would harm a child. We should look at the "children's parents" of those kids to see what their motives were to target Michael. I certainly hope the Jackson family retains custody of his three children with Debbie Rowe having visiting rights. Contrary to what the Times said, I did not find the memorial to be gaudy.

July 8, 2009 at 1:49 am |
  12. susan , san geronimo

Thanks Anderson for that great quote, "A fatherless child believes everything is possible, and nothing is safe". My daughter lost her father when she was 9, and that describes her personality so well.
    kuddos to you and Larry for a wonderful job covering the day.

July 8, 2009 at 1:49 am |
  13. AARON

More than a father Michael was a caring and giving human being. Lets talk about this:
    (Guinness Book of World Records cited Jackson for holding the world record for the "Most Charities Supported by a Pop Star." It's unclear how much Jackson had donated over the years, but some estimates put the number at more than $500 million.) please let the world know things of this nature instead of what the tabloids think we want to hear...

July 8, 2009 at 1:47 am |
  14. Debc

I grew up on Mike's music, and my children and my grand children are still listen, dancing and signing to it. My 2 year old granddaughter knows the words to Thriller, Beat it and Billy Jean. My 5 year old granddaughter can dance to billy jean and beat it. I remember MJ, when I first heard Whose loving you? My brother in law had brought the track after seeing MJ is Wisconsin at a show. This is when I became a life long fan. When I lived in Detroit Thriller came out. I and many were in a club when it debut, and everyone in the club was in awe after listening. It was the best, the newest, the hottest ever. Elvis was very talented, but did not have the showmanship of Mike, and did not the number of songs. Elvis was great, and his music was amazing. I am proud both were here to entertain and inspire us.

July 8, 2009 at 1:45 am |
  15. shalonda

With love to his family god bless he is the best .

July 8, 2009 at 1:42 am |
  16. Wendy

The service today was tasteful and meaningful... as was befitting him
    As a widow, one of whose 3 kids was 12, i was prepared for the worst. But it did make his kids pain very visible.. Let us hope this is NOT the start, but hope someone is monitoring the ticket...
    As noted last week, I have concerns about Joe,, and manipulation ec.
    BUT that was a meaningful and eloquent service,; We are the world . hope the family remembers that and what it did for the world.. I did..
    Smile .. was the song my daughter played to herself for 2 months..
    Perhaps it was better for the kids to have been there, and be part of it; probably may help the pain AC talked about in the future..Paris to me was authentic.,, etc, but the minute Al Sharpton came on AC tonight aaout need to be with family.. SORRY , reality bit,, and all motives came under review again . In other words, hope Diana or Debbie come into play.

July 8, 2009 at 1:40 am |
  17. Simone

Debbie Rowe – you did a very selfless act, gave a truly priceless gift when you gave birth to Michael's first two children.

I'm sure you love them and hope they choose to embrace you and you embrace them, regardless of who gets custody.

You can never have too much family, or too much love.

July 8, 2009 at 1:32 am |
  18. Debc

I was listening to a commentator on Nancy Grace who made the most unthoughtful comment. He questioned the bloodline of Mike and his children, by saying the "Children Look White" I believe he thought because that bi-racial children can not look white if one of the parents is black. I have two nieces and plenty of relatives who are bi-racial (black and white parents) Some look very black, some look very white, and some look in between. I have a bi-racial niece with blonde hair and blue eyes. I have another who looks very similar to Katherine Paris Jackson. I truly believe that Prince, Paris and Blanket are Mike's biological children. It really doesn't matter, Mike's the legal father, and has raised them. No one will ever loved them like he did.

July 8, 2009 at 1:32 am |
  19. Sarah

Parents the world over have children of different races – they are their parents, no question. Little Paris Michael Katherine showed bravely today that she loved her daddy and she only had one! Love and kisses to the three beautiful children who were able to call Michael Jackson daddy. Prayers to the entire Jackson family – he will be missed always.

July 8, 2009 at 1:29 am |
  20. Dale

Spectacular celebration....amyone other than me realize what a resemblance there is between Paris and Brooke Shields? Didn't see much of Prince Michael the first to compare, but after her compelling eulogy one has to consider if press reports from last week aren't correct about Debbie Rowe not being the biological mother. If you have ever had a best friend of the other sex you would understand just what you would do for them if asked.

July 8, 2009 at 1:25 am |
  21. Lorraine

I lost my father at a young age and was moved to tears hearing the few but heart wrenching words Paris Jackson said to her father. We all seem to forget that he left behind 3 innocent beautiful children that have no idea that their world has just fallen apart and that nothing will ever be the same again... My thoughts are with MJ's children and his family in this time of sadness. And... Anderson Cooper as a European here in the US, I love your program and the honesty and great journalism you bring to the world – Respect!

July 8, 2009 at 1:20 am |
  22. Shannon

Paris~You are courageous young lady. Your love for your Father blew through all our hearts. I watched you approach the mic, and literally fell to my knees with heartache. And like a sobbing child, there I was. In so much pain for you and your brothers. I felt my heart break into a million pieces. Although none of us (his fans) really knew him, you and so many others helped us see SO much more of him today. A side we never really understood, or knew. He was full of love, and certainly loved his children. I have 3 children, and all I could do was hug and love them so much more today. I wanted to jump through the TV, and hug you tight. Chances are, you will never see this, but I write it anyhow as if you would...it helps me to do so. I have had to turn off the TV for the day, because all I see are re-runs of Paris and her goodbye to her father, and find myself crying all over again. My heart goes out to the children. So much love, and many bear hugs to you! We love you!! "Angels watch over these sweet little ones"

July 8, 2009 at 1:18 am |
  23. Anita

To the world Michael Jackson was the King of Pop. A singer, song writer, dancer, entertainer, humanitarian. I will forever miss him! To Prince Michael, Paris, Blanket, he is their Daddy, their World. They will forever miss that man. Not the one we see and hear about from the papparazzi. Thank you Michael Jackson for all the goodness you brought into our lives.

July 8, 2009 at 1:11 am |
  24. Alphabetsoup101

ON the very day of their fathers memorial, in front of his casket the children were unmasked in front of millions of people.

While it is touching and emotional to hear the daughter speak and the other sons go up too, it marks the day – they will never be normal again, the very reason their father shielded them.

I agree with this writer Michael would not have wanted that.

I only hope this was an exception and the last of them seen on media. Michael had very good reason for shielding them, he lived that life himself. Lets not ignore his ardent intention on this just because he is dead.

July 8, 2009 at 1:10 am |
  25. Sham

It was a very a emotional day for me . I was sitting watching MJ's service and cried for most of the time. I have great respect for this man as every one said he was the great star, brother and the best dad.
    I came to America in 1980, and started my American life with his music. I loved every song he sang.
    I pray may God comfort his soul and give him special place in haven,
    and may God protect those lovely kids and I hope they wont have to go through this custody battle. lots of love for all three kids of MJ.

Sham

July 8, 2009 at 12:48 am |
  26. Kimberly Francis

While I sit here looking back over todays events, I can't help but feel the heartache of the entire Jackson family!! There is not one aspect of my life especially growing up that I cannot remember having a Michael Jackson song, or Janet. But to get to the point, u allowed Anderson Cooper to disclose, what I thought was very confidential information about the state of Michael Jackson's remains. Not ver y respectful especially since the family just had a service for him today. I think in a way you were kind of being hipacritical towards them. Here u are saying that one man was out of line for calling Jackson a pervert, but yet and still you disrespect his family by releasing information that did not need to be given at this particular time, I understand u need ratings, but I know for a fact the memorial service alone got you all the ratings u need at least until tomorrow. I personally think you owe the Jackson family an apology, especially those 3 beautiful children, now what if little Miss Paris caught that report? Haven't you seen enough tears, or heartache to just let this poor man REST IN PEACE!!!

July 8, 2009 at 12:37 am |
  27. Alexandra

People didn't know what their faces looked like? You're kidding, right? As soon as Michael Jackson died, the media came down on them like vultures and exposed their faces. Several mainstream American TV stations played Jackson's home videos, where you can clearly see the kids' faces. They're younger, but old enough that you can easily recognize them. Not to mention all the front covers that tabloids put them on. So, this really made no difference. I feel bad that MJ tried so hard to protect them and it was all in vain now... but as that was already the case prior to the memorial service, I'm glad that Paris said what she did. She is a very brave little girl. My heart goes out to all three of Michael's children. As much as we, his fans, miss him right now, it's nothing compared to how much they must miss him.

July 8, 2009 at 12:36 am |
  28. Robin

Michael will always be the greatest entertainer of all time. A sincere humanitarian and most importantly as we saw today with Paris Jackson's words and tears "the best daddy". The man deserves so much respect.

July 8, 2009 at 12:36 am |
  29. Rachel

Behind the constantly changing appearances was a man who just wanted to look different, very similar to other celebrities who go under the knife to enhance their looks. What's wrong with that?

The man was not just a musical genius, he was a good human being. He was full of love and this has shown in his behaviour with the press, the large number of close friends he has, the beautiful lyrics he has penned and the generous amounts donated to charity.

A sincere plea to Anderson Cooper: Please do a followup on Jordan Chandler. The verdict was not guilty but the controversy continues. If you covered MJ's final journey, please complete this last leg with Jordan Chandler. Do this this for his family and fans who deserve closure, do it for the world of music.

He has been a part of our lives and his music will always be a part of our reflections on any stage of our lives. We love you Michael 🙂

July 8, 2009 at 12:35 am |
  30. Karen

I sat here and read all the comments and have had enough. These beautiful children have every right to be at their fathers memorial. I cried as many did when young Paris spoke. With whom to they live? I can't answer this question, but in my opinion I think it is best for them to be with and around people the know and love. Their mother has not been in their lives in quite sometime and I think it would be cruel of her to come in and upset their lives even more and to take them away from the only family they have ever knew and what about their younger brother. Leave the children ALONE.

July 8, 2009 at 12:28 am |
  31. Cynthia

Although the memorial service was very moving and uplifting and a tremendous celebration of the life of Michael Jackson, his daughter put a human element to Michael Jackson that I hope the world got to appreciate...that at the end of the day...he was a Dad, a father to 3 children who yes their worlds will probably never be the same. It is my pray and hope that the media will leave them alone, let them greive and heal in peace and allow them to be...children.

July 8, 2009 at 12:27 am |
  32. senay from Turkey,Ankara

Read everyone!

I think MJ was a great dad.Paris showed the world that.

So no need to hurt MJ's soul again and again by saying so many silly things.

Pls everyone keep your odd thoughts to your self and do something good and respect his soul once and just PRAY!!!

Anderson I would like to mention that not only those countries had mourned japan or whatever We as a nation (TURKEY ) also had really saddened with MJ 's death news. We Love u Michael ...

July 8, 2009 at 12:25 am |
  33. KRN

I hope the kid's gold diggin bio mom does not get them.

July 8, 2009 at 12:21 am |
  34. mary

i was talking to my son about, how amazing is Michael, because i remember dancing to his song when i was little, i didn't speak the language but he was so popular, even in the small town where i grew up in Central America.

July 8, 2009 at 12:19 am |
  35. Eric Schuurman

MJ deserves credit for shielding his own kids. He deserves jail-time for what he did to the other kids. Never really liked his music, but I pity him for the way he was devoured by fame. Enough with MJ.

July 8, 2009 at 12:18 am |
  36. debbie k

maybe those children wanted the world to see them , to express the love for their father. I dont think he would have liked it, but i also dont think they were paraded. i hope that they will get to go to a private school and be kids, michael wanted to protect them but i think he may have done that to much. what a sweet little girl, he did a good job raising them now grandma katherine will have to finish so we cannot judge her on letting the masks come off.

July 8, 2009 at 12:13 am |
  37. Cyndy Sue

"And now? He has not even been put to rest, and already the hidden children have been paraded before the world. I have no idea whose idea that was, or if it was simply an oversight."

How could including children in the memorial service of their own father be an oversight? Certainly, the children had a right to participate in the memorial for their father. To sit them in the front row encased in masks would have been strangely cruel. To have left them at home would have been unthinkable. If the children would have been absent, people would have commented on that as well. Let us hope that comments by the family were real and heartfelt. They certainly seemed real enough. It would seem that Paris felt led to pay homage to her father. Blessedly, she had the composure to do it. Certainly, I think that the media is running the moment into the ground as it is being replayed every five minutes. We have seen the children. We have heard the children. Let us leave them in peace. Let them grieve for thier father as they lived with their father, privately.

July 8, 2009 at 12:11 am |
  38. william

Sadly very very very, true. Its ashame that the world cant let people have there human right to privacy. The price she will pay for being a human being today,is sad and evil that she will be forever,robbed of her human rights to grow,make mistakes,learn,and go buy that ice cream cone or that unwinding drive to relax. Our world just gets more and more evil each and every day. I sure am glad you brought up a very good point, from your heart. Man how sad we wittnessed today a persons human rights taken away today,before our eyes and ill never forget it. Its sad,and insulting that will come,trough the years. Her family is not at fault, how can you be human and predict whatss to become in the years ahead, May god be on her side. Thanks anderson for another heartful thought,and very good point. God Bless and keep up the good work you do from your heart. William, Rapid City,SD.

July 8, 2009 at 12:10 am |
  39. NEss

I love and will miss Michael Jackson. He was such an amazing person that touched people the world over. I have wondered many times what is it about him that made it possible for him to touch so many lives, so many souls in such a degree. When God created him, did God create him to be this person that he was? Michael touched people the world over not only because of his sultry, soulful, and heartfelt vocals and lyrics; it was not only for his out of this world, blow you away dance movies but something deeper that resonated in his spirit, in the heart of who he was. There is nothing wrong with a little girl saying a farewall to a father she loved so much. If she was not Michael Jackson's daughter critics would speak differently. I loved the memorial and was touched by it, it reminded the world that he was in the end a human being. We saw him for his unusual dance moves, and when I say unusual I mean it wasn't what we were used to seeing. We heard his voice and were touched deep within the crevices of our hearts, his message sang to our souls. So we forgot that the King of Pop was a father who played with his children, a friend to sneak with to take a peak at Elizabeth Taylor's dress, a brother who said "I love you more." In the midst of controversy and scandal, I say I always believed Michael was innocent, but I know nothing about his private life, most don't, not even the media; so who is to say. In the end the truth will be revealed about his life. To all his fans out there, use his life to make the most out of your life. Love what you do and be the best at it. Love the world and those around you, grow a heart of sensitivity to the needs of others. Think less of self and more of the human whole. Michael I hope deep in my heart that you are headed for heaven with the heavenly father, and my heart will always be with you till we can hopefully meet and unite up there in the heavenly skies. Finally Rest in Peace, from your African Sister, with love.

July 8, 2009 at 12:10 am |
  40. Cheryl

I pray for the repose of the soul of MJ and hope that he is resting in the bossom of the Saviour. It sounds as if some people thinks showing the faces of the kids was a bad thing. Perhaps they think it would be better to have them covered up for the rest of their lives. Come on people this is the real world and life goes on. In a few months this too shall pass. The family will be left with their memories and for the fans the music will go on. The children are young and impressionable. It is my hope that what they have been given by their father will sustain them as life goes on. For others with so much unhappiness and pain in their lives my wish for you is to live your life the best way you see fit and stop judging others. There is only one judge that matters. He sits high and looks low.

July 8, 2009 at 12:09 am |
  41. Alex

Whoever commented the following below is ridiculous. MJ had vertiligo and he had no choice on his skin pigmentation. Stuff like this makes me question some people. This is a typical American response on a message board, I love it.

...
    I’m just saddened by the fact that Michael felt he had to look white to get the true honor and respect in America, and the world, that he should have deserved no matter what he looked like. He even went so far as to adopt white children and pretend to have fathered them just to be accepted in a white dominated and controlled world.

Even though Michael went to extreme measures to be truly accepted, the real problem was not with Michael…it was with the America and the world he found himself in.

July 8, 2009 at 12:07 am |
  42. ash

Paris is a wonderful daughter of a World Icon. She has shown what a wonderful person Michael was. and what a great job he has done raising some fine kids. She has also shown that although a big genius, Michael was a perfectly Normal person.

Her 30 seconds on the center stage will be remembered for ages.

July 8, 2009 at 12:02 am |
  43. carmel

I thought the ceremony was beautiful and very touching. There were several moments when tears were brought to my eyes. Paris speaking about her daddy was one of those moments. I don't feel for a moment that she was forced to speak or being paraded. I watched that clip several times and she asked Janet to speak and they were only telling her to speak up so everyone could hear her. I'm glad they did because her words were beautiful. They were all there to support her when she got choked up. I think that's where the kids belong. It was about time for them to be seen. Its not normal for kids to wear veils and mask, especially since they are older now. You don't see other celebrities with their kids' faces covered. All you negative people need to GET A LIFE AND LET M.J. REST IN PEACE. I'm so tired of all of the negativity in the media.He was the KING OF POP AND ONE OF THE GREATEST ENTERTAINERS IN THE WORLD SO JUST STOP HATING. He will be greatly missed. May God bless his family and children. To the media and paparazzi, please let the Jackson family and especially these kids live in peace w/o yall hounding them for pics and interviews. Because yall wouldn't want your family and kids being harassed if the situation was reversed.

July 7, 2009 at 11:57 pm |
  44. Ashley

May God Bless his children and family!

July 7, 2009 at 11:57 pm |
  45. Mimi Cary NC

I feel so bad for the children. Its sad that they are going to grow up without him. It is still very unsurreal to me that Micheal Jackson is no longer with us. I can't imagine what they kids are going through. It is really nice to see that they are close to his family expecially Janet Jackson. She is a good role model for the kids to have in their lives. I hope the media stops saying bad things about him. I never believed all the stories about him and I hope for the sake of the kids Debbie Rowe stays away and doesn't split the kids up. Paris was consoling her younger brother Blanket and it was so moving to see.

July 7, 2009 at 11:56 pm |
  46. anonymous

Vickie,

20/20 showed several segments on Friday of Michael playing puzzle on the floor with the kids; teaching Prince Michael I, how to dance. it might still be available on the abcnews.go.com

July 7, 2009 at 11:56 pm |
  47. Sophia Sheikh

Michael Jackson from the start was a young musician who accepted the musical fame environment and went on with his life. He started with Jackson Five, I think they worked hard and with love. He was a Unique man where you would not find anyone like him, he had a such artistic mind for dancing and later for lyrics. When I heard is music in the 80's the first Album was "Thriller" I had fallen in love with his songs at the age 5 and did not get tried of his music since then. I even started to know later on about the 70's meaning Jackson Five and each song he sang from then, 80's and even 90's they had a true meaning and the lyrics of the song always touched my heart. I loved him as a fan and will always keep him in my heart as well. He was a loving and caring man, also never gave up and kept his fans in the world happy through race, ethnic, adults, children and even animals. Now he needs to keep himself happy by being with God and the spirits. To his children, I have also lost my dad at a young age, not as young as all of you, but I know how it feels to loose a dad. He will be in your heart and soul, just always hear his music and he is there for you. Peace to his Soul.

July 7, 2009 at 11:54 pm |
  48. John Matthew Schaub

I just want to say to the entire Jackson family that even that we dont have M J any-longer.He the King of Pop and all around great performer
    is now singing a new song in Heaven.And I will always remember him mainly the J 5 cartoon that aired in 71.And to his daughter and sons and Mother and brothers and sisters .My Prayer go out to you all and my the Jackson children be blessed in life along with his whole family.And to Paris the speach you gave on your father was a real tear jerker and the whole memorial was a well planned and spiritual awakeing of the life M J shared we us all

BE BLESSED IN YOU LIFE AND ALL YOU DO!!!!

July 7, 2009 at 11:52 pm |
  49. marta inacio

paris we all know how your dad was a great dad,and today me and
    my family are very sorry for you,god bless Michael Jackson and we wish he rest's in peice.(Toronto Canada)

July 7, 2009 at 11:51 pm |
  50. Nicole

This is just the begining for those kids. Things has changed for the rest of their lives at such an early age.

July 7, 2009 at 11:50 pm |