July 7th, 2009

Documents: Michael Jackson's death certificate

[cnn-photo-caption image=http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/07/07/michael.jackson.wrap/art.mj.mem.family.cnn.jpg caption="Jackson's family embrace each other on stage during the close of the emotional service."]

Editor's Note: Below is Michael Jackson's death certificate from the County of Los Angeles Department of Health Services. For the latest on the King of Pop's death, tune in to AC360° tonight 10p ET.

Click here to see Michael Jackson's death certificate.

Filed under: 360° Radar • Documents
  1. Mary

What a shame that the people can't leave Michael Jackson rest in peace. He has to be judged by his maker and explain his actions. He is a son,a father and brother that will be missed by his Mother, children and siblings. They have feellings of love and have sadness over his passing. My prayers are with them all and I wish others would only cast a stone if they are without sin!

July 7, 2009 at 11:43 pm |
  2. lori barrios

i think that the media has gone to far- shame on you cnn, to show a copy of Michael Jackson's death certificate is crossing the line.

July 7, 2009 at 11:39 pm |
  3. Robin

Did I miss something? Where is MJ's dad in all of this?

July 7, 2009 at 11:38 pm |
  4. nita

Michael jackson will be missed so much people don't realize. I cancelled a therapy appt. today so i wouldn't miss the memorial. My thoughts and prayers are with the family.

July 7, 2009 at 11:38 pm |
  5. Laura

i loved Michael Jackson so much I remember when every i would listen 2 rap on the radio my dad would pull out a MJ cd and play it and said now this is real music he was truly an icon and i believe he will be missed for years to come. As for all the horrible things being said about him its not the time for that a mother has just lost her son, three children have lost the only parent they really every knew, and 8 sibilngs have lost a brother and my prayers are with them we need to give them time to mourn they shouldnt turn on the news and hear people bad mouthing him

July 7, 2009 at 11:35 pm |
  6. Tresia Henry

I have spent my whole day watching the Memorial. I was so impressed with the fans that were there. Cutos to you. I was watching and keep thinking how I heard it mentioned that he was tall and the coffin does not look like it is big enough for the height they are talking of. I have also just lost my 6'3" husband and I know he would not have fit into a reg. sized coffin. As it was he was cremated due to his and my wishes.

Rest in Peace Michael, you are awesome and will live forever. In my familys hearts and mine. I am 10 yrs. older than Michael so what I did not catch my daughter did. God Bless Michael Jackson and your children.

July 7, 2009 at 11:08 pm |
  7. Beverley Walker

Good grief, Anderson Cooper, what's wrong with you .. the death certificate. Shame on you AC. You are quickly losing ground with me.

July 7, 2009 at 11:05 pm |
  8. Beverley Walker

Also when the LAPD was terrorizing MJ with the bogus charges that they were quick to accuse him with greedy and vicious people, how much money did they spend on a unneccessary trial. Trust me I am sure that the publicity has generated enough income for LA and the expense should not rest on MJ family..

July 7, 2009 at 11:03 pm |
  9. Evelyn

Thanks for the coverage.
    My condolences to the family. I will always remember Michael

July 7, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  10. Susan L.

The Michael Jackson Memorial today was well done.Thank you to all who put out such great effort to allow all of his fans to say goodbye.

July 7, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  11. Jerre

If you are tired of the Michael Jackson coverage......simply turn the channel! He was an amazing person. "Gone Too Soon."

July 7, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  12. Beverley Walker

Tera, I believe that you should not speak if you are going to utter garbage. THis man is in the Guinnes World book of record for being the pop star who have given the most to charities, a true humanitarian. WHat have you given? Nothing . Dont dare degrade his memory...
    MJ deserved every minute that he was given and more.. and it should not be questioned. So give him the respect that we as Americans could not give him while he lived.

July 7, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  13. Ron Harmon

im only 13 but michael was an impact in my life......he was a thriller......the world will always remember him,his music,his dancing, and his message to the world.........goodbye mj............R.I.P Michael Jackson king of pop 1958-2009

July 7, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  14. Larry

When is the DNA test to prove that Jacko was the dad?

July 7, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  15. Tunde

Micheal is a great man.I will remember you till i die.I love you micheal may your Soul rest in peace.

July 7, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  16. Valerie

Let us thank the Jackson Family for letting the public say their "good-byes" by giving them some long needed privacy from the public and media. They too are human beings so let us treat them as so.

July 7, 2009 at 10:51 pm |
  17. Sennami O

I am Only 15 and Michael Jackson has the biggest Impact on Me I Might Not Have Listened To Him Everyday In My Childhood,But Wow...I Cried So Much These Past Two Weeks I Don't Even Know How To Express All I Feel....My Prayers For The Whole Family But The Kids More...The Have No Father Anymore, My Dad Is Not Even Around, But Their Dad Is Dead.....=(

July 7, 2009 at 10:44 pm |
  18. Terry

Someone in MJ's employ, someone living in his home, knows who the doctor(s) are that administered these drugs....

July 7, 2009 at 10:43 pm |
  19. marianne

anderson i dont mind watching all your coverage about michael even if it takes the whole day..just keep us posted on new developments about the investigation...everybody would want to know what really happened...my eyes are swollen and my heart heavy...

July 7, 2009 at 10:33 pm |
  20. Anu

I watched the CNN coverage today and was very pleased that it was in good taste- all the 'other' things were not mentioned- as it should be for someone that has passed. May MJ now find the peace he never got on earth. His legacy will be his music, humanitarian works and his kids.
    I remember MJ as the 1st musician to impact my chilhood, when I hear his music it takes me back to a happy place of my childhood.
    The power of words- can be used to do good or destroy, it's our choice.

July 7, 2009 at 10:33 pm |
  21. Mike Rayl

he is in heaven now... and will continue to do great thing there...

thank's for the music mike...

July 7, 2009 at 10:33 pm |
  22. Lee

Good-Bye Michael...................................

I am not surprised by some of the negative blogs I'm reading. It's amazing to me that even after the out pouring from around the world, people fail or refuse to see what this Man, and Humanitarian meant to millions throughout the 7 continents. Your lack of sensitivity for this solace moment is sad to me. I pray that you never have to endure saddness that will require others to show empathy and sensitivity for you. Smile............and God Bless.

July 7, 2009 at 10:32 pm |
  23. Eileen

After My husband and I privileged to go to this event.
    A celebration of a life that was to shore. A artist After My husband and I privlidged to go to this event.
    A celebration of a life that was to shor. A artitst , a humannatarian. A true blessing to humanity. We want to Personally send our sympathy to the Jackson family.

Issiah 4:8 He foutggh the ood fight he won the race.

, a humanitarian. A true blessing to humanity. We want to Personally send our sympathy to the Jackson family.

Isaiah 4:8 He fought the good fight he won the race.

July 7, 2009 at 10:31 pm |
  24. R. Kollie

Michael did nothing wrong. He had a good heart for everybody. I will always love his music.

July 7, 2009 at 10:31 pm |
  25. pauline

M.J rest in peace we love you and will miss you always.

Anderson we love you too.

July 7, 2009 at 10:30 pm |
  26. R. Kollie

Michael did nothing wrong. He had a good heart for everybody.

July 7, 2009 at 10:30 pm |
  27. Edward Ohaebuka

Michael will always live on! he touched the world with his music,he paved path for the people of colour especially black artists.He deserved the media coverage he got and am glad the the love by many outweighs the hate by few,Some haters cnt just handle the fact that a black guy such as michael could blow away the world the way he did in life and death.
    Just like many said"Thank you michael for bring love to the world".We are the world.

July 7, 2009 at 10:30 pm |
  28. kalo

there will never be another like this soul brother!

July 7, 2009 at 10:29 pm |
  29. ANKA

GOD REST MICHAEL IN PEACE

Pray that God will give Michael the peace and restful sleep that he longed in his pure, sad, unfinished life.He had the life of an angel and death of a martyr.
    May God rest his sweet, gentle soul in peace and may your legacy live forever.

July 7, 2009 at 10:28 pm |
  30. Mary Ruth

I truly can't express the sorrow I am feeling. The world somehow feels different without him.

July 7, 2009 at 10:26 pm |
  31. R. Kollie

All the good things Jesus did he was still hated by people. I think Michael,s families should understand that. if Jesus, the son of God was hated by people, what about Michael? His soul will rest in great peace!

July 7, 2009 at 10:24 pm |
  32. Ashley

I thought the memorial today was amazing. To those wondering where the cause of death is, they haven't listed it yet considering it can take up to 6 weeks to get toxicology tests back. I broke down when Paris spoke, that reminds you Michael was more than an artist, but a father to three children. CNN did great sticking with the memorial. And to those who are "sick of Michael" obviously you aren't if you find time in your day to sit here and criticize. He is a great man. From the words of Kobe Bryant, "he is the pop star who gave the most." I believe MJ will live on forever through his music, and every generation will know his name around the world. Rest In Peace Michael and my prayers go out to your family.

July 7, 2009 at 10:22 pm |
  33. sarah

Michael , U are and will be a legend forever... World heart are aching for u... Your suffering is over now, Rest in peace now.... May God bless u and ur family ....There can't be anyone like u... U deserve all the love, respect and honor , which we have seen today..... Wish u could be here to see that the world still cares about u.....Misss u MJ soo much.... :*(

July 7, 2009 at 10:21 pm |
  34. Lai

For those complaining about too much coverage, change the channel or go to work. Allow those of us who really appreciate CNN for their wonderful coverage to enjoy it. I'll mourn MJ forever. But I think the media should stop trying to dig dirt where there's nothing... allow the family to grieve.

July 7, 2009 at 10:19 pm |
  35. Iris

I grew up with Michael's music and want to say he was a fantastic performer and a wonderful person. May he rest in peace. May people finally give him the respect he deserved!!!

July 7, 2009 at 10:19 pm |
  36. TRE

I wasn't home during the memorial service and have been watching the highlights. It's still hard for me to believe MIchael is gone. The only way I could have been convinced is if his casket was open and I saw him myself. Don't ask me why it's hard for me to believe. The service was fantastic. I was a freshman in high school when Off The Wall came out. Michael has been in my ear most of my life. Everyone did an excellent job! I thought Michael would have still been moonwalking in his 80's. He can finally be at peace. God rest his soul.

July 7, 2009 at 10:18 pm |
  37. R. Kollie

CNN is the best in the news business. I like the way they cover the story of Michael Jackson.

July 7, 2009 at 10:16 pm |
  38. mb

I was not able to watch the service today but have watched since I have be home. I have not been able to stop crying since seeing MJ's daughter speak. My heart hurts for his children and hope that they get to stay with the Jackson family. The way that I saw Janet comforting the children made me think what a wonderful mother she would make for them. She seemed to be the next closest to MJ after his mother and I feel she would be the one who would be able to keep the children on the right path to adulthood and also help them understand the mixed messages the media and public are saying about him. I see the expression of sadness, loneliness and confusing on the childrens faces and hope that they get the guidance and spiritual counseling they need to get through this tough time.
    MJ: I pray that you are now at peace and are signing and dancing with the angels.

July 7, 2009 at 10:16 pm |
  39. mark davis

THAT WAS A GRAND SEND OFF FOR THE KING OF POP

July 7, 2009 at 10:15 pm |
  40. Welma

He will always be in our harts I LOVE HIM Rip

July 7, 2009 at 10:13 pm |
  41. stacy

Wonderful Memorial Service!!! Even Reverand Al made me proud!

July 7, 2009 at 10:11 pm |
  42. Summer

The Memorial was absolutely beautiful. I Love Michael Jackson for obvious reasons. Now that the memorial has concluded, I am patiently waiting to see the drug peddling physicians locked behind bars! He absolutely did not have to die. If the LAPD wants to do something right for once-make some arrest surrounding this case!!!!! I'm waiting. Something went terrible wrong and someone is responsible.

July 7, 2009 at 10:05 pm |
  43. Adam...WV

What gives Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas) the right to salute Michael Jackson? The salute is a respected military honor shown to a military superior. The only person who salutes out of a military uniform is the Commander-in-chief. I think Senator Jackson needs to apologize to the men and women in uniform and their families, especially those who have given the ultimate sacrafice. When men and women are giving their lives to keep this country safe and not expecting anything in return, the least this country can do for them is to show them the respect shown to Michael Jackson.

July 7, 2009 at 10:03 pm |
  44. Dana

I agree with the previous posts that complimented CNN on their coverage of the Michael Jackson memorial service today. No matter what his personal issues were, his worldwide impact is undeniable due to his ability to raise awareness about global issues through his music and videos. I applaud CNN for their coverage and allowing so many of us to experience this celebration of an artist who's influence will live on.

July 7, 2009 at 9:47 pm |
  45. bpin

Michael Jackson was a brilliant singer and dancer, but don't you think he was rather selfish to allow the abuse of drugs to take him away from his children? No one appreciated his music more than I, but he was a victim of his own wrongdoing and the real victims are his three beautiful children that now do not have a father. While everyone is heaping all this praise on him I think we need to step back and realize that there is no honor or praise in the selfish nature of anyone that intentionally does something dangerous at the expense of children.

July 7, 2009 at 9:41 pm |
  46. Leesa in Ohio

Where is the respect in this world? We have truly lost a legend and perhaps the greatest humanitarian to ever exist in our lifetime. Today, I grieved with the rest of the world as we said goodbye to Michael jackson. I am 41 and literally grew up with Michael Jackson and his family. He gave me so many memories. Perhaps the greatest of these memories is the We Are The World song from 1985. It brought not just the United States together, but the world together if for just a while. We came together as human beings, not as blacks or whites or Christians or Jews, but as a whole. He has taught me that in life as is in death that it is up to us to continue to try and practice the art of humanity and peace. John Lennon also said it well, "Give peace a chance." With so much negativity and saddness in this world it was beautiful to see so many people, famous or otherwise, come together, if just for a few hours and be as one. Michael would have been proud. God Bless the family, especially his children. May you rest in peace. You will live forever in the worlds heart, even if just for a while. I know I will continue to give peace a chance and continue to learn from the man in the mirror. If everyone did a random act of kindness everyday, what a beautiful world this could be! Michael we will make you proud and keep your humanitarian efforts alive!

July 7, 2009 at 9:31 pm |
  47. Cynthia Acosta

The world lost a musical icon. There was never someone like him before, and there will never be someone like him after. I hope Michael (wherever he is) finally gets the peace he never had on Earth. I hope he is finally happy and carefree like he yearned to be and deserved to be. We will all miss him, but he will live on through his music, his fans, his family, and everyone that loves him. R.I.P King of Pop...tI Love you!

July 7, 2009 at 9:14 pm |
  48. Sandra Robertson, GA

Someone asked, "why on earth would you, CNN, display Michael Jackson's death certificate?" I will tell you, death certificates help bring closure to a loved one's death. Michael loved us, his fans, just as much, if not more, as we loved him. He always told us so; that was easy for him. He is stil shinning through his children's eyes. God rest his soul.

July 7, 2009 at 9:13 pm |
  49. Erin

My thoughts & prayers are with the entire Jackson Family. May God/Allah give each one of them additional strength through this difficult time. It's hard to lose a family member, but my heart aches a bit more for Katherine Jackson. As MJ's mother or any parent...its hard to have to bury your own child.

May God/Allah bless MJ's children & his parents& his brothers & sisters. May MJ's children lives be filled with peace knowing the world will love them as the world loved thier father.

MJ–May you rest in peace. The world knows you will always be with your children in sprit. Please guide down the right path. AMEN

July 7, 2009 at 9:10 pm |
  50. Mike in NYC

I once saw a T-shirt with a photocopy of Elvis' last drug prescription. Way cool.

I'll always remember Jacko as the black guy who loved his people so much that he decided to have three White kids.

July 7, 2009 at 9:08 pm |