July 3rd, 2009

Sound off: Your comments 7/2/09

Editor's Note: Many of you continued to respond to the death of Michael Jackson, specifically in regard to the amount of coverage the story has been receiving. Some of you also voiced your opinion on Debbie Rowe, the mother of Jackson’s children, who might seek custody of the children. Take a look at what we heard, and tell us what YOU think:

_______________________________________________________________________________

I am sick to death of all the Michael Jackson reporting. It's an embarrassment to journalism and to America. Some miss him a lot; some think he's a pedophile. Whatever one's opinion, it's way too much coverage.

Enough already. Is Michael Jackson truly worth 50 minutes of every hour on a news show? I used to respect Anderson Cooper as a journalist, but the show is degenerating into a tabloid.

WAY TOO MUCH airtime about Michael Jackson. Dwelling on sensational, non-factual material that demeans your network.

What is happening with journalism today, approx. 39 minutes on death of mj 4 minutes on U.S. soldier abducted by Taliban? Don't become tabloid. You are still one of the best

Debbie Rowe, Michael's x wife didn't love Michael it was a business deal. She got her 8 million dollars and now wants more. It's awful. The lawyers should go by what Michael had in the will. She is greedy. She knew what she was getting into when she married Michael. She wanted the money. She agreed to a business deal. She is an unfit mother to do something like that. To sell her kids for money. This is exactly what she did. There should be no problem. She and Michael had a business deal. She signed a contract I am sure. I am sick and tired of people trying to get Michaels money. Let him rest in peace. GO BY THE WILL.

I feel that the only reason Ms. Rowe wants her children now, is that she was cut out of receiving any more money from Michael. Plus, she's added that she would even take Blanket, so the children could stay together. What a MOM she is!! I pray that the Judge will be asking the kids where they would like to stay & live with.

Filed under: Behind The Scenes
  1. Angela

I am so hurt and angry about the death of MJ. Because I grew up
    listening to his music. I had a crush on him as a kid. And wish that I had the opportunity to meet him or see him in concert. He was an great artist. Justice will prevail rest in peace MJ.

July 8, 2009 at 1:55 am |
  2. KIm

My question is "Why is cnn network so negative about MIchael Jackson? Instead of positive comments in the time of somones death..you are consistantly digging up dirt and spreading it quickly...like a witch hunt...some of your reporters comments have been insensitive and questionable in a time when a family, any family should have peace...you are spreading rumors, inuendos and unsubstantiated information. Even, if any of this information is fact...you randomly state that "someone" said this, someone said that...you race to interview people who are constantly describing negative images of Michael Jackson..its clear to me that you have a campaign going on to "smear and destoy his reputation. Your intentions are very clear to me as a viewer. Your actions have motivated me to look up....who owns cnn...I found out who owns the network are the same people who donated heavily to GW Bush....that says it all.....

July 7, 2009 at 10:47 pm |
  3. carole-anne

MJwas the Fred Astaire of this generation, as Fredwas of mine, in other words brilliant. I do feel that the Media flies in like vultures sometimes, thank goodness you have no more bones to pick. REST in Peace Dear man, you too are the candle in the wind.

July 7, 2009 at 10:44 pm |
  4. Brenda Hayes

Let's be real here, this was a man who had a lot to live for, three beautiful children whom he adored, a mother he loved and respected, and real friends, Diana Ross, Liz Taylor and a few others that loved him, and didn't want anything from him except to see him back at the top of his game, which would have been the case with his up comming tour, had he not been Murdered. Most of us know it or at least feel it, and we owe it to Michael to prove it. That's the least we can do for someone who gave us so much of himself. We are all the better for being able to witness such Greatness.

July 5, 2009 at 10:51 pm |
  5. Robert in the Cold North

Anderson ...

It seems very odd to me that Michael Jackson would name his mother, then Diana Ross as guardians for his children. We typically do not expect our parents to outlive us. It implies that Michael expected an early demise. These do not seem good provisions for his children. To put a 7 year old in the care of someone in their 80's is not good planning. It sets the children up for another loss, early in their lives. It suggests to me that Michael may have been passively suicidal, expecting his choices would eventually kill him.

R.

July 3, 2009 at 3:06 pm |
  6. Olagoke Olayokun

I thought there people used to show respect for the dead but in case of Jackson the respect is dead and gone. Even in death the Man is not allow to rest by the media and the rest of the world. Even fawceth that died after jackson has been buried am tired and upset about the all founding surround Jackson death. And how dare they charge people $25.00 to see his funeral. Very disgusting of the Jackson family and their greed for money.

July 3, 2009 at 3:04 pm |
  7. Ruby Coria LA., CA.

Anderson, I'm glad that, King Michael Jackson will be put to rest soon, but I can't believe how the city of L.A is doing this.. 17,000? that's insane! Do they realize who we're speaking of? Where are all the his buddys @ BET & the rest of the stars, to help with doing something bigger? This is Hollywood, we're soppose to Out Shine the world. What a DUD!!
    r.i.p. king michael jackson.

July 3, 2009 at 3:00 pm |
  8. Jen, NYC

So, Diprivan was found in MJ's home, looks like that might well explain what happened to him. He believed it was a "safe" drug because his doctor who administered it to him the first time (probably during an in-hospital surgical procedure?) told him it was safe; and that was probably true under the circumstances. The trouble is that what is "safe" in the context of in-hospital surgery can be very unsafe in a different setting, under different circumstances. So, his doctor was telling the truth, probably to reassure him before surgery, but he wasn't saying that the drug was safe for MJ to take anytime. If this is how MJ died, then it was an entirely preventable tragedy, caused at least in part by the singer's naivete about medicine. What a sad loss.

July 3, 2009 at 2:43 pm |
  9. Eliza

With regards to the Jackson memorial, I am outraged at the notion that taxpayers' money may be used to fund part, if not all, of the event. We are in deep financial trouble in Los Angeles - if the Jackson family wants to hold an "extreme" memorial, all power to them, but they, their superstar friends, or those raking in the bucks on record sales, should pay for it.

July 3, 2009 at 2:09 pm |
  10. Tina Kelly

Dear Anderson,
    I think the tickets given to fans over the internet for the Micheal Jackson memorial is Big Mistake.!The registration process only causes the site to crash or shut down with messages constantly appearing as " Service Errors or site Unavaliable". This gives fans an unfair advantage to pay their last respects ,I feel the Jackson Family should have at planned this event better for all to attend in way that would be fair and safe.

I also wanted to know if you had heard the rumors buzzing on the internet about Michaels Jacksons "alleged' Michal Jackson child molestaion accusor Jordan posting to sites that he made up the story and was only pressured by his father to do so. A lot of sites are claiming that the boy is "supposubly saying he is sorry and wishes he could take it all back.
    If this is true how come you havent yet reported this? I do hope you will look into this so that a talented artist such as Michael Jackson will not have his memory forever tarnished by this looming and unfortunate event.

July 3, 2009 at 2:02 pm |
  11. Peter

Dear Mr. Cooper,
    I just loveAC360 and believe you have that "Walter Cronkite" quality so rare in this age of "news as entertainment".... Kudos....
    I must however respectfully ask why, with North Korea testing short range missies, Iran's Fascist leaders killing their own citizens and Central Asian extremists threatening the peace of the world, does CNN continue to spend all it's precious time and talent repeatedly rehashing the sad end of Michael Jackson's life. I worked with him in the recording studio years ago and admired his talent and gentle disposition but enough is enough already..
    America needs to know what's going on around the world to better participate in our democracy. We need news, hard, substantive, news, from you.
    Respectfully, P.G.