July 2nd, 2009
  1. Patricia Perrin

Ibelieve Joe Jackson pushed his boys to suceed so they could have a better life than his. He was tostrick and back in the day parents spanked/beat their kids to make them do what they wanted them to do. I believe he loved them and he thought this was the way to control them, not realizing that he was hurting them in a way that would would rule their lives. I was beat as a child and as a result I feared my mother and yet I loved her and was always wanting her approval and for her to show me and to tell me she loved me and that she was proud of me. I think that was what Michael wanted. He had so much love in his heart and the one love he needed was his dads.

July 3, 2009 at 8:21 am |
  2. nitab

all of this is such a sad situation. cnn has good coverage. i know other news is happening out there but this news will end soon. The problem is that people do not read mags any more so to just click a button and see what has been happening for the day is a lot easier. MJ looks good in the video i hope a full length one is made of the 100 hours that they have and a CD is made i would buy both. he was a great performer he liked to do it and we (the fans) liked to watch it. keep going with the news and updates pertaining to MJ, thank you.

July 3, 2009 at 6:02 am |
  3. loman

wow everybody got there opinions about mike you know what i belive that we’ve lost a pioneer in the music industry. america is so caught up in the media that they forget thats all mike know how to do talk to the world threw his music.America doesnt even understand the voice that spoke to the world. Thanks mike and may your soul be amongst the greats...

July 3, 2009 at 5:57 am |
  4. Madeline Abaza

Hello Anderson, its Madeline again, please ask this one question
    for me, no one else did, " Why did this private doctor wait thirty minute or more befor the 911 call was made??

Madeline Abaza

July 3, 2009 at 5:13 am |
  5. God is good

its funny how we, as human beings, when things are going our way or the person we like is doing what we like are all for that person but when things don't go our way or they do something that we don't like or we hear from another source that they have done something we turn against them. i believe we are all guilty of some thing just some people are in the spot light and others are not we are so fast to judge but what about the parents of those kids that allowed their kids to stay i think they did it with money in mind why else would a father or a mother allow what they allowed. and about that nurse how can she say she knew michael but michael's best friend miko never heard of her some people will say and do anything for money why didn't she call the police that same day she supposedly got the call and why did she wait so long to come forward. no matter what we do or say whether positive or negative the fact remains. when God says it's your time to come home ... it's your time to go and all i can say is that Michael is in a better place. no matter how we live our life we have til our final breathe to ask for God's mercy.

July 3, 2009 at 4:16 am |
  6. devin

mj just died and everyone is beckering about wills and custody and money. at the time shows like these are forgetting about what judt happened many are mourning and this all yall talk about wat about his great legacy. no matter wat people think he did hes the king and is gone now

July 3, 2009 at 3:44 am |
  7. jama

MJ was the greatest of all times,and to all those who past your bad judgment about him. to even put him and OJ in the same sentence. how dare you. I think you are just mad you are a loser at life. long live the king.

we love you MJ

July 3, 2009 at 3:43 am |
  8. jama

we love you

July 3, 2009 at 3:42 am |
  9. priscilla

MJ was a genius and by this video still was. What is so wrong with wanting something to make you relax and sleep. If he did hire a doctor to do this for him, than the doctor or whomever should be charged with murder. MJ hired him to help him sleep, but not to kill him. MJ's children should be proud of their loving father, all the money he had and was willing to pay just to have them. These children are Michael's and what a price he paid. These children had a mother and a father in MJ. When MJ changed his skin his own people talked bad about him, and now they are all dancing in the streets saying he is their's. He is not their's, he is the world's, sit down and listen to the words to his songs. His children will be fine because MJ has already molded them. If they ever wanted to do a tribute to MJ, the only person that could do it would be Adam Lambert, not the Jackson's. The Jackson's will be nothing with out MJ alive.
    Rest in Peace Michael – You are The World's- We Love You – You Are and Always Will Be -The Best!! THE MASTER OF ALL TIMES!!!!

July 3, 2009 at 3:33 am |
  10. renika

Majority rules and majority wants to hear about MJ,if you don't like the coverage tune in somewhere else,how bout that.Me,myself,is so tired of hearing about all the political mess.REAL TALK

July 3, 2009 at 3:29 am |
  11. Mary Evans

I am a product of physical and mental abuse both brought on by my mother and x husband. I can joyfully say that Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior and I am a child of the living and only God. Jesus is my King and Lord of my life. It took me years to grow up but the spirit of Jesus and his Holy Spirit helped me. I do understand MJ had demons who he did not know how to deal with. They were spoken into his life doing the time he received the abuse from his father. Jesus is the only name that every knee shall bow to. If anyone wants to enter heaven you first must confess Jesus Christ as the son of God and that he died for your sins. I have been a Christian for 30 yrs. I had my three sons from 1970-1979. I grew up with MJ's music. I gave my life to Jesus in 1982. If I had not surrendered my life to Jesus I would be most likely 8 feet under. It was a setup. MJ should not have gave up the ghost . People say they cared who knew him. That;s a lie. When you truly LOVE a human you help them no matter what. MJ should have never said he was lonely. Why didn't someone introduce him to Jesus. Jesus is the way the truth and the life. A true friend LOVES at all time. For years MJ keep saying he was lonely. When you are introduced to Jesus you will never be lonely again. Oh, One more thing. America is the only country I know who will raise you up and bring you down. America PLEASE repent! If you don;t you will be destroyed. America is a carbon copy of Israel. RIP MJ

July 3, 2009 at 3:20 am |
  12. Malaika RichmondVA

Hiya All: just want to add my 2cents worth...I think MJ was the victim of an "assisted suicide" or perhaps a fatal mistake of faulty judgement by a so called "professional" who thought he or she was helping MJ get a good nights sleep. If the toxicology reports prove MJ died of an overdose (or had adverse reaction to the IV drug Diprivan/propoful) then we are going to see some serious repercussions come down on whoever was responsible for providing this dangerous drug to him.
    I say "assisted suicide" because little is being revealed about the surgery he had just the week before his death...he had a Cancerous lesion removed from his nose. MJ probably did not want to go the route of die-ing a long ugly death from Cancer as we witnessed Farrah Fawcett who just happned to die on the very same day from Cancer.
    I send my LOVE to his family and let us continue to CELEBRATE the LOVE he gave to us all.

July 3, 2009 at 3:19 am |
  13. mrsrc37

He couldnt please everyone in Life.So leave him the hell alone in death. He tried so hard to please people. I just hope he knew that some of us loved him for who he was. Not for what people thought he was.I read all these things people say about him and I realize some people just dont have common sense.If nobody else loves him GOD LOVES HIM. So he dosent have to worry about what the haters think any more ,because hes in a better place,Much love 4ever MJ . I take pride in calling myself a true fan.So all you haters eat this.

July 3, 2009 at 3:18 am |
  14. jama

I see why MJ made the song leave me alone. people want focus on the bad things said about him. MJ was a great man all around the board, and we should be focusing on all the good he has done, he looked and dance better then some of these people in there 20s. so i say to all you haters, before you past judgment on MJ take a good look at yourself in the mirror.

July 3, 2009 at 3:16 am |
  15. arabic

I am a true fan of MJ and im very tired of the media talking about the negative things in MJ's past, this man has'nt even been laid to rest! I know the media have a job to do but everyone needs to realize although this man is a icon to all, he was not GOD but a human and his family are human! They eat, sleep, and bleed like us, so please let them mourn! No one will ever understand what it is like to lay to rest someone that touch the world, we can't even deal with a death in our on family that may have only touched a community. R.I.P MJ AN ANGEL GONE TO SOON!

July 3, 2009 at 3:06 am |
  16. Catherine

Re Michael Jackson
    How could a"HEALTHY" PERSON AT DEATH WEIGH 112 LBS.? I also think that Dr. Murray was a "yes" man. I loved Michael Jackson,but I think he was hooked on prescription drugs. Why was there so many needle marks on his body ?
    Vancouver BC

July 3, 2009 at 2:59 am |
  17. Michael J

I do agree that in this segment, he is moving around a bit less, however this is only one segment, in others he could be just as dance-y as in the past. I also agree with Stephanie that the doctor should put out a statement, he looks awful guilty right now even with his so-called "cooperation" with investigations. Unfortunately i have to say that it does look like another drug overdose death.

July 3, 2009 at 2:58 am |
  18. Jeanie

Michael really looked pretty good at his rehearsal. He was 50 years old and as I know you don't move as great as you did at 40. People have to thrive on the negative about a person, and not about the good they did. Nothing that they are talking about has been proven. People are inasent until proven guilty in this country. I really think the doctors know what they did to him and it will finally come out I hope. He did die way to early. I wish he would have been able to complete this tour to prove to people how great he really was. His music will live forever.

July 3, 2009 at 2:57 am |
  19. Beth Sandoval

Dear Anderson,
    I was wondering if there is anyway you or cnn can show any type of home movies of Michael Jackson. Like with his family or at his ranch. Something that would show his human side rather than preformer side.

Thanks Beth

July 3, 2009 at 2:52 am |
  20. Renee H

I think Michael Jackson looks GREAT and is dancing and moving like the MJ of the pass,good for him I new he could do it ,YOU ARE THE KING AND WILL ALWAYS BE ,love you MICHAEL

July 3, 2009 at 2:48 am |
  21. Ady5

This is for the haters of Michael Jackson. It puzzles me why people like you still exist. How ignorant can you guys get? Folks like you have to be thankful that your pride in your country started all because of The king of pop, a global icon, a selfless soft spoken human being who has helped so many charities across the world,united the world, wrongfully accused of a crime he did not commit, has made the world proud including YOU.Oh and for the records, Michael danced as usual in his rehearsal like he's always done.Even when people grow old, they change.Did someone tell you that?Say what you want but it won't change anything about Michael or anybody because it will only continue to prove how short sighted you are.

July 3, 2009 at 2:45 am |
  22. Mary O

michael look very good on his last video. sorry he had to die so soon it just break my heart. he has been my favor super star since the late 60th. i was a teenager. michael jackson and his brothers impressed me. and when he went solo it was assume. God bless his sole.to michael i love you.

July 3, 2009 at 2:44 am |
  23. Lakeshia

Michael was in good health while practicing for his concert. We don't know what happened when he went home. That was between him and God. So please, let him rest in peace. Let his family grieve like any normal people. Think of the good that he has done not the negative. R.I.P. Michael you'll be missed but your legacy will live on through your music.

July 3, 2009 at 2:41 am |
  24. Erna

People pay him some respect please! Talk about his legacy not about how he looked and so on! How many of us can dance like that at 50! come on. Micheal was not only an "Icon" but he contributed to raise money for people who where suffering in Africa etc....how good can someone be to be appreciated? let check ourselves and then criticized others, is there some jealousies? Now I can understand why he did not trust adult and mostly spend time with kids, because they are more honest! Instead of trying to understand the man, they tarnished his image and accused him of child molestation! He was the best, very talented! He lived as a legend and died as a hero while people witness his death on TV! he was the perfect entertainer, even his death is entertaining people, who can beat that. RIP Michael! Those who are trying hard to destroy you memory will not succeed, because many people like me will be there for you.
    How do you explain that, people born before him loved him, his generation did, mine did (1970), the one after me did, even my 6 years old knows love him! all over the world! who really was this Michael? to transcend so many generations? If you find out please let me know! God gave him to us and we did not appreciate him and now he took him back! now we miss him.
    I am sure today that, if Michael could resuscitate and have a last concert, they will not be a place that will contains all the fans and non fans! I pray that he finds peace in God Kingdom!

July 3, 2009 at 2:39 am |
  25. sheryll

gone too soon....when i saw this video of michael jackson at cnn it the last day before he died. he look healthy and full of energy for preparing his come back concert . how come it happen too fast in just one click he gone. i wish all the fan of michael jackson all over the world they remember him thru music and the good things he made.

July 3, 2009 at 2:34 am |
  26. Dawn1950

Michael appeared to be doing a great job. For those who think he is moving slowly, thats called being 50. I am also wondering if what we are seeing was at the beginning of the performance, or perhaps closer to the end. Anyone who has reached 50 will surely understand this.

July 3, 2009 at 2:27 am |
  27. pamela

It was very sad to hear of Michael's passing away. All our days are numbered even down to each hair on our heads. There's not one of us worthy to judge Michael, But Jesus Christ.
    As for his movement, We all slow down with age. I'm sure he had some pains in his bones. I at 56 have days I can hardly walk.
    I think the cases of Child molestation hurt him gravely. It sure broke his joyful spirit. He was a innocent man routed out for whom he was and his money.He only wanted to give to those children, alittle happyness. He gave to the poor,sickly, and needy. Michael had a large loving heart for all people.
    Although I felt after that he was a lonely heartbroken man. He wanted so a family of his own. Now I feel sorry for his children. I feel his mom should raise them. She is a woman with lots of love to give still.
    I think all the doctors that gave him bad drugs, over & over should lose their Lic. Maybe it will save someone else.
    In these next few days, I pray My Heavenly Father & my Savior will give the Jackson family the strenght they need to get thru this sad loss.
    God Bless this family. Amen

July 3, 2009 at 2:25 am |
  28. SandraWI

You Rock My World Michael. RIP.

July 3, 2009 at 2:23 am |
  29. julie

michael was one of the most beautiful human beings we will have ever known in our lifetime. he was truly an angel; he was genuine, loving, altruistic, compassionate, a great humanitarian and philanthropist. and all most of society tried to do was crucify him. he did not deserve any of that. he was one our greatest gifts – and what did people do with that gift? all he did was give of himself to others – musically and from his soul. i love him dearly and miss him so much. the world is not the same place without the presence and love of our dear michael. he wasn't just an icon to me – i love and understood him on so many levels. you will be in my heart forever, michael. thank you for everything you gave of yourself to us. i love you

July 3, 2009 at 2:22 am |
  30. Tina Oliver

Whatever anyone thinks about Michael Jackson, he was one of the greatest entertainers of all time. There will never ever be another like him. He was truly the King of Pop and deserved all the accolades. He had an incredible voice; he was an incredible dancer; and no one entertained his fans like he did. He was the ultimate showman.

Throughout his life, he loved and helped the less fortunate, but, for all his kindness and sweetness, he endured much heartache and grief from the hangers on, and from people coming our of the sewers to sue him to fill up their bank accounts. He left us much too soon...

May you rest in peace Michael at Neverland....The Angels are with you.

Tina, CA

July 3, 2009 at 2:21 am |
  31. Toni85

Oh come on people, Micheal is "50 yrs old" how do ya'll expect him to move? He is not 20 or 30 anymore. He moves perfectly well for a 50 yr old I can tell you that. People your just being ridiculous about his movements and his weight. He is skinny yes, but doesn't mean he's not healthy. Life is unpredictable and it is still yet to say what really killed him. He was a great guy and I'm touched by his whole life story, sad he's gone so soon.

As for his dad, he is to be blamed for Micheal's life disturbances and his ex wife Debby Rowe is just in pursuit of money, she has no interest in those kids!

July 3, 2009 at 2:16 am |
  32. tazz

I am so sick of all this MJ coverage! yes he had a great talent in his day but he was also a freak and child molester did anyone not watch his last inteview and al sharpton and jesse j need to go away please let him get buied and i pray his children may grow up a little normal but i dont think it will happen

July 3, 2009 at 2:15 am |
  33. Charlotte Bourque Canada New Brunswick

YES I want too say thank you ANDERSON COOPER for covering MICHAEL JACKSON HE DESEVER IT .

July 3, 2009 at 2:14 am |
  34. Danielle

He shook his hand previously before at his other Live Concerts. But I don't get it because he is slowly moving and some of the dances he had done don't look like what he used to do when he was a young 20 year old. Ok! I'm Okay.
    He is bending his knees a little bit and he never bend his knees when he was younger. I think that a lot of pressure came upon Michael Jackson, that's what's going on.

July 3, 2009 at 2:12 am |
  35. Evangelist

Michael looked well....if you've seem him dance Man in the mirror at an award show, he was shaking his hands just like that while jumping and the was in his prime then...keep in mind that you are looking at a minute of 100 hrs of rehearsal so you are only seeing enough dance as CNN is and chose to show us....wait for the rest to be released.

Had he lived and proven he could have done the 50 shows all the nay sayers would be saying.. oh he's still the best performing genius......he's dead so it's easy for all to say he couldn't make it.

Judge not lest ye be Judged!

July 3, 2009 at 2:10 am |
  36. Charlotte Bourque

wow I read throw some of these Comment and they sure show what kind of some of the people we have in this world very curl. Michael Jackson gave alot too this world even throw his songs how can any body complain about why CNN is covering Michael Jackson .How selfish or heartless can people get what a sad world. MICHAEL JACKSON was a star on earth and now he is a bright star way up high in heaven where nobody can hurt him any more RIP MJ we LOVE YOU

July 3, 2009 at 2:08 am |
  37. James

I have been a fan and impersonated Michael Jackson professionaly for years.

I've attended the Vitory tour and the Bad tour and watched many rehersal tapes. With that being said what the tape reveals could easily be MJ running through a rehersal as he's done for years.

It's a small clip and some segments of his shows have a lower or higher intensity level. And that changes based on what MJ does impromptu at the spur of the moment on stage and/or as discussed prior to the concert with his live band and dancers.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of his genious stage performance.

DANCE IN PACE MJ, you live on through those of us who you'ved touched.

July 3, 2009 at 2:02 am |
  38. Unique

I wish the media let that men rest in peace he is in a butter place your music will live on and i will never for get you and i will always love you

July 3, 2009 at 2:01 am |
  39. Margaret

Hi,

I am watching the coverage of Michael Jackson.
    It is sad and indeed we have lost one of the most powerful entertainers worldwide.

My question is that through all the interviews and similar questions, that have been asked regarding Michael, no reporting has been done on his eating habits. Did any one have lunch or dinner with him?

We all see that he was a frail and very thin man. Nobody talks about his meal times if they existed, only his possible drug use.

I believe he really wanted to change things for the better and he is actually one magical machine that has done so.

Regards,
    Margaret

July 3, 2009 at 2:00 am |
  40. heap_moon

I loved, love and will love him forever. He was a genius, but he was human being. He was 50 and he was still dancing so nice. I don't understand what these people are after by saying negative things about him. It very normal that his life was different from casual people's life . HE WAS DIFFERENT, and that's what made him KING OF POP.
    But his early death ? please find out who caused it ? we lost such a dear artist .

July 3, 2009 at 2:00 am |
  41. Gina

He looks wonderful for his age and what he was attempting to do. I would like to see some 40 something try to do what he was going to do. After being away for 12 yrs. he lookes great. To those that ridicule us "true fans" maybe you should hide in the corner or better yet change the channel if the news about Michael Jackson bothers you so much. No one is making you watch it or forcing you to morn. Leave that for the ones that appreciated him.

July 3, 2009 at 1:59 am |
  42. BRAIN

Michael is asleep and awaiting the resurrection.

John 5:25-30
    Revelation 21:4

It is my hope to be there to greet him and welcome him back.

July 3, 2009 at 1:58 am |
  43. maureen

He was a great performer, he looks great on the video. As to what some people comment on his past of what he did or not to the kids, only God knows; so stop judging!!!! And it is history who ever likes it or not, this will continue to be news for a long time.
    Rest in Peace, Michael.

July 3, 2009 at 1:57 am |
  44. Kerri

Well it seems to me that so many people are so judgemental.. An frankly I am sickened that people are this way! Have some compassion the man was somebody's brother, son and father. Also be aware that this was a rehersal not the actual concert nobody goes full out in a rehersal.. And for the ones that are saying things about the molestation trial he was never charged.. think if he did do those things why would a person take money wouldn't they rather want the molester put away so that they couldn't do this to anyone else??? Just remember this, Michael Jackson is a Legend an no other performer in the past or present can claim this title and maybe not even in the future.. I as well as many others love this man he is a true talent that will live on in our hearts.. RIP Michael.. we miss you!!!

July 3, 2009 at 1:55 am |
  45. randy

Anderson, i was just listening to you talking to the three men about Michael Jackson. you asked them the same question about four times. tell me why do you and all of the other reporters have to be so negative. The man just died, its apparent that you have no respect for the man. Rev Al Shapton was right about the media. if it was we, i would be calling out reporters names and tell them right to their face. i have yet to hear any of you report about all th good things that he has done.

July 3, 2009 at 1:52 am |
  46. betty

i think we should just respect him for what he did and no one is perfect not even these ones that want to bad mouth him hes gone and i think we should let him rest in peace and remember hes got kids and we should not disrespect him for his kids sake.

July 3, 2009 at 1:51 am |
  47. Scarlett

Yes. he had some great music and dance moves.... but his thing with children always made me uneasy. even years before all the courts and pay offs. I pray for his troubled soul. his children and family. may he finally find the peace he always wanted.

July 3, 2009 at 1:50 am |
  48. Tasha Homan

Wow, honestly after watching that rehearsal, I'm now dying to know what happened?!!!! He looked incredible!!!! I can't believe it!!!! I was going to fly from LA to london and see him... How could he have died, 2 days after this rehearsal?!!! I'm so upset!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 3, 2009 at 1:47 am |
  49. Stewart

There's a lot of people making judgement calls, some of them here. I'm interested in facts not what "you thought". MJ was both an incredible talent and extremely troubled individual. Now it's time for the authorities to sort things out.

July 3, 2009 at 1:34 am |
  50. Joyce Maningo, MD

Michael Jackson was obviously in perfect health. He could not have danced and sung this way if he was feeling ill. Toxicology reports would reveal if he was given substances that proved detrimental to his health. MJ will live forever in our hearts and minds. Let us pray for the eternal repose of his soul.

July 3, 2009 at 1:32 am |