July 2nd, 2009
  1. Angela

I see why the world is the way it is today. Its all about the news and the money, no one really care about Michael, his children, or his family.
    There is no respect for them. Cant you people give him some respect until after his funeral.
    The world is watching America and the way we treat our people and especially our children. No one even care about how they feel about all this. This is not what his family and especially his children needs to hear right now it will distroy them. I see why Michael tried to protect them with masks. What about all the positive things he did for starving people and sick children all over the world this is the time to talk about
    all these things

July 3, 2009 at 1:31 am |
  2. DREW

Michael Jackson has alot of the same stage presence as Elvis and for a die-hard Elvis fan that is alot to admit . Jackson is truely one of the greatest performers of all time.

July 3, 2009 at 1:31 am |
  3. Janet R.

Just leave Michael alone and let him rest in peace. He was the greatest, there will never be another. He was a wonderful man, and help many. If he done anything wrong it was only to himself. I will never believe those lies about him and children,,,all lies. they were just Haters..............................I will truely miss him... I love you Michael.

P.S. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone!!!! Yea I didn't think so.
    Let him be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 3, 2009 at 1:30 am |
  4. BRENAE

he looked really good at his last rehersal i never seen him in person however to me he'll always be alive

linda cali

July 3, 2009 at 1:26 am |
  5. Cecelia Brown

He looks fine to me Anderson. His appearance dispells the rumor's.
    I now know, that it was more than what has been discussed to his
    death. What a crime. May Michael Rest in Peace.

July 3, 2009 at 1:20 am |
  6. Ron Marshall

I thank the media should let micheal jackson rest and they should respect his wish's in his will and do what he ask and i all so thank the mother of the kid's should not get them she should not have give them up at all i thank she behind money

July 3, 2009 at 1:17 am |
  7. Imade

Dear Anderson
    i have been a great fan of yours, i' am proud of the progress you've made in your career.
    My reason for writing you though, for the first time ,is the death of the greatest entertainer ever- Michael Jackson.
    Is it true the child who acussed Michael of molesting him has confessed that his father pushed him to lie against Michael for the money?
    If this is true then it was nothing but armed robbery with the law and the media as tools and arms to aid the robbery . Nobody cared to see it for what it really was nor cared to use their investigative mind to actually find out if Michael was innocent as he claimed,
    Having been robbed of his fame, money , emotional and physical health any wonder he had to depend on medications or prppofol to get to sleep.?
    on the other hand he could easily have ended up in a psychiatric hospital.
    Thank God for little mercies.
    As far as i am concerned MJ died since the child molestation case of which he was innocent but which nobody cared to find out the truth.
    We are only burying him on Tuesday he's been killed a long time ago.
    Here you people go again even at his death you are now using the same method as before with the law and the media to crush him in his grave.
    Michael "bought" his children from Debbie Rowe paid a good amount of $8.5 million for them. it was a contract duelly signed and sealed between Michael and Debbie.He responsibly provided for them in his will now you guys are practically pushing Debbie to contest his will , in other to commence another round of financial drain on Michael Anderson please don't join this madness .Be a lone voice , i beg you

July 3, 2009 at 1:09 am |
  8. TINA

It is amazing to see such a remarkable performer. Any negative comments are derived from seeing less than 3 minutes of his performance – possibly the section we have the priveledge of seeing is showing the theatrical robotic syncronization between him and the dancers. The music is in sync for that type of movement. We are not viewing an entire video or concert so we do not know what type of movements he had prior to the 3 minutes or after- nor is Michael in his twenties doing Thriller – Even that was robotic in ways. Feel happy to view whatever segment we are shown- his performances – all of them – will go down in history as amazing.
    I do agree AEG should and possibly will sell all of the video coverage of that concert. Possibly as a consolation for the ticket holders of the concert – they can receive the video in memory of Michael Jackson.
    What a treasure that would be.

July 3, 2009 at 1:02 am |
  9. Terrie L. - California

To All Those Nay Sayers Out There: (i.e., matt tremore, Joe G. (Illinois) and Bernie Reimond)
    You really should be careful about what you say! How could anyone say something so terrible about someone, no matter who they are when they have passed away? Who are you to sit there and judge? Certainly not GOD. And believe me GOD is the only one that can judge anyone. Remember to watch your words because what goes around comes around. So Matt Tremore remember that tomorrow is not promised to you or anyone, and what you dish out is what you will get back, but seven times worse. So since you think that Michael had it coming to him, I wonder what's in store for YOU?
    I loved Michael Jackson, and always will. May God bless him and Keep him always. I just pray that he had accepted Jesus as his personal Lord and Saviour. RIP MIKE!
    And now he can finally get some Peace from this media circus and all those people who sat in judgement of him.

July 3, 2009 at 12:57 am |
  10. Nicole

My whole life I have worked to become a Professional Backup Dancer. Working with Michael Jackson was always the 'Ultimate Dream".
    My heartfelt sentiments go out to Michael's mother, children, and also to all of the dancer's that have worked with him.
    Michael, will forever be eternalized, as "THE KING".

July 3, 2009 at 12:50 am |
  11. Caribbean

i am 43 and i cant, move like michael jackson even at 50 he is still moving, and he is moving intune with the music, if it was faster he would move faster the doctor who was with him has very lil to say and we all know he is hiding something, he heard michael's last words how can a person with broken ribs move wheather in slow motion or fast move without feeling pain especially someone as thin as michael
    and for the record he had to remain thin in order to dance.i was so thin once, my mom sent me to the doctor he told me to go tell my mom i am healthier than she is. so being thin does not mean u r sick or unhealthy.

July 3, 2009 at 12:47 am |
  12. LatinFan

Its amazing how few people with nothing better to do, has something negative to say about someone that gave so much to everyone and help so many people. People talk about things MJ was accused of, that was never proven, and make their own opinion of what the media trough at them. BUT he was acquitted and FREE!! because the truth will set you Free ....God kept him under his wind because He and God knew the truth. Celebrate the child, the man he was , the greatest entertainer of all times, part of so many lifes every where in the world....RIP Michael...I know God is happy you are in his Kingdom,. We will miss you.

July 3, 2009 at 12:39 am |
  13. Monika

Everyone has a beginning and everyone has an end, and no one knows when their time will come. It's just TOO BAD Michael went so soon. He will be missed by many, but (literally) NEVER FORGOTTEN!

We Truly Love Michael, but the truth is, he's in a much better place now. He's at peace now, and for that we're thankful <3

PS. Our hearts are with his loved ones.

July 3, 2009 at 12:35 am |
  14. Nina

Anderson has been brilliant to watch – he has covered MJ's death like no other. Very courteous, respectful and passionate. Keep up the good work!

July 3, 2009 at 12:34 am |
  15. Sasha

I totally agreed with Cindy...Ga. if you have watched Michael thru his years of performance, his hand shaking and leg swinging are part of his dance routine. Being skinny doesnt mean you are ill or frail, I know lots of people who are skinny and perfectly healthy. And viewing the video of Michael's rehearsal, I am pretty amazed to see the same Michael 20 years ago. I would not believe he is 50 on that video, he still look great. And how can people say he is pale, Michael complexion look same to me anyway. If Michael were to look slightly bigger on that video, people will still have something to say anyway.
    And as for what people say about his mini clinic when he travels, dont you all know that Michael is always very particular as to what he eats and have with him?

July 3, 2009 at 12:28 am |
  16. RH

MJ looked great, It's so sad we wouldn't get to see him in concert! My eyes were peeled to all the shows on CNN throughout the night looking at his last moments and doing what he did best.
    Great job at bringing this to us AC!

July 3, 2009 at 12:24 am |
  17. Cleveland Blakely

I never realized how talented Michael Jackson was until now. What a shame he is gone....but not forgotten.....He overcame many obstacles in his life but became a multi-million dollar success. He will be missed by those who took the time to follow his career and to those who unfortunately only became acquainted with him since he has passed on. Rest in peace Michael, the universe is yours................

July 3, 2009 at 12:23 am |
  18. Mr.Breezy

This Comment is directly for Matt Tremore. How could you sit there and actually say he had it coming? Thats the most cruel thing somebody could ever say. I mean yea he had a lot of issues but who don't?

July 3, 2009 at 12:23 am |
  19. victor w

Give me a break all this negativity get a life his accomplishment you wouldn't even attempt this man was a EXCUSE ME is a ambassador perfectionist,humanitarin NEED I SAY MORE WE ARE THE WORLD FIGURE IT OUT.

July 3, 2009 at 12:21 am |
  20. Gina

Anderson & CNN crew, phenomenal interview with AEG, Music Director, and Kenny Ortega. Very candid, unrehearsed. Much better to air the true reality, and believable facts, rather than the speculation, or analysts opinions. Great reporting, AC360 best show on CNN

July 3, 2009 at 12:18 am |
  21. Judy

To me Michael looked to be in SUPER shape compare to most times. He looked like he was ready for his last curtain call and was ready to begin settling his debt with this performance.

To, " Bernie Reimondo", Michael is going to be EVERYBODY'S NEWS TILL THEY GET THE TOXICOLOGY RESULTS AND THEN EXPECT MORE ARGUING ABOUT THAT!

To, " Angie" obviously you weren't too much of a Michael fan! That is a move that he actually did quite often, there is nothing wrong with his hands. Michael was 6' tall and normally weighted 160 something lbs.....normally didn't have an appetite and then starting up this kind of dancing routine back up most likely caused him to drop a lots of weight. All together he seemed healthy and looked good!

Other than replying to other posts i have to say that MJ looked GREAT for his age and i can t believe my man is gone.....when i first saw him back in '86 i pledged to him that i was going to be his fan till my dying day and i plan to keep it. My heart goes out to the Jackson family and pray that if he isn't resting yet.....i hope that he can rest in peace after all this goes away.

GOD BLESS YOU MJ AND RIP, LOVE YA ALWAYS, JUDY

July 3, 2009 at 12:17 am |
  22. Harvey

I think it obviousMichael was living two different lives and in private he had tremendous problems. His soul was troubled and he did not know how to fix it. In situations like Michael he needed to surrender his life to Christ,but because he was so talented and wealthy he did not think God had the power or answer to his problems. That is the deception the devil plays on people,so St John 10:10 becomes the final result which says: The enemy (Devil) comes to steal, kill, and destroy. Revelation 12:9 is where the Bible teaches us the devil has deceived the whole world. It is by deception that the devil causes us to make live and death decisions.( in michael case a deadly one). There is no doubt Michael will fail the drug test done by the toxicologist

July 3, 2009 at 12:16 am |
  23. Angeline

Michael looked good, i feel like i lost my whole childhood. Thank you CNN for trying to get to the bottom of what happened to him.

July 3, 2009 at 12:13 am |
  24. Debbie in Las Vegas

You have to remember while watching this video that Michael never put himself completly out there during dress rehersals. If you watch his other old rehersals they are nothing like the energy he put out in real concerts. My reasoning is mabe he just doesn`t want to wear himself out before the concerts. I`m sure he had it all in his mind the moves he would make . He looks really good in this video, my opinion. Granted hes older and a little slower, but I seriously doubt his fans would mind that fact. I wish I could have seen him in my life, I really feel like I missed out. Its very painful knowing he has passed, my heart stopped and my body ached when I found out, he will be well missed and prayed for.

July 3, 2009 at 12:12 am |
  25. Esta

First of all he did NOT molest anyone. Did it ever occur to anyone that Michael's childhood or lack of may have played a role in why he had boys sleep over. Not for the perverted things that people tried to accuse him of but that he was trying to make up for the loss of his childhood and really did just want what he never had as a child, real friends, and then was taken advantage of not by the boys but by their parents only for the purpose of financial gain. One thing that I am sure of is the reason Michael wanted a large family was because even though he came from a large family, he did not feel loved or loved enough. As for the custody battle that is brewing, I am a single mother of three beautiful children and I can assure you that I would never take a payoff from my children's father in exchange for not being part of their lives. What kind of mother SELLS her children for financial gain? Shame on Debbie Rowe for trying to enter back into Michael's childrens lives. If you believe that it is for the love of the children and not for the money then I have a bridge to sell you. She took money in exchange for the kids and now she wants more money. Their father who was their world is gone and now she want to pour salt into their wounds.

July 3, 2009 at 12:10 am |
  26. Nancy

He still had it. The smile at the end of the video by MJ says a lot. He was pleased with himself. I am so happy he experienced that. He was such a loving individual. So soft spoken. I really don't believe MJ thought in colors of individuals but the love in each person.

July 3, 2009 at 12:09 am |
  27. David Brown S.M. Cali.

I guess all i can say is WOW! I don't have one bad thing to say. This man looked so well on stage, sure he looks alittle slow but it's just a pratice run. I think when he would of had so many people cheering for him his first concert, he would have came alive and would have shocked everyone and been the Micheal Jackson we all knew. I get goosebumps watchin this cause its still am shock that he has passed. Ive loved this man since i was a kid and will continue to love him till Im with him in heaven...... In my mind he will allways be the greatest pop star till the end of time... "THE KING OF POP" is the only way we all should remember him. R.I.P.

July 3, 2009 at 12:07 am |
  28. Trina Vincent

I must admit that I never watched CNN much, until the recent coverage of Michael Jackson's death. Since then, I watch nothing else. I just can't seem to get enough. I think you are still reporting on other news, but like millions of other fans, we can't get enough. The video shows me many things. He has aged and is definitely moving slower, but he still is a joy to watch. I did notice that he seemed a little short of breath at the end, but he's 50 years old now. I definitely thought he looked better than he did during the trials, he looked gaunt then. I hope the doctors that assisted him to death receive what they deserve. I think there is another Dr. Kavorkian (sorry about the spelling.) I pray that he is laid to rest at Neverland. He will never be forgotten. I feel like I have lost a member of my own family. May he finally rest in peace............

July 3, 2009 at 12:07 am |
  29. JAJ JAJ

No matter what anyone thinks; MJJ is gone. The least people can do is to empathize with the family which have just lost a family member. Speculating about what kind of drug might have killed him or not will not console the family nor bring MJJ's life back to life. Therefore, let us respect the privacy of the family as they grief the death of their loved one. If this had been one of your family member would you like this sort of public display of total disregard? Huh?

JAJ JAJ

July 3, 2009 at 12:06 am |
  30. AUGUSTUS MCGILL

MICHAEL JACKSON LOOK GOOD

July 3, 2009 at 12:05 am |
  31. Deborah Minkaer

Michael Jackson looks very good in this video. For a fifty year old he can still move pretty good, of course it is a rehearsel so you actually can imagine how great that performwould have been. What an artist, the best I have ever seen.

July 3, 2009 at 12:04 am |
  32. Paulsen

The video doesn't reflect much, but to me he looked healthy the way he moved and his physical appearance. CNN make sure that AEG release the full video of his rehearsal before he died. I would love Jackson forever

July 3, 2009 at 12:03 am |
  33. Laura MacDonald

My heart is breaking for such a sweet & gifted person.
    His family will be in my prayers.
    I wish I could thank him personally for his gift of music!
    I'll never forget this kind & fragile man!

July 3, 2009 at 12:02 am |
  34. Kat59

Is CNN deliberately keeping stories of Michael Jackson going on and on to cover up Cap and Trade??? This is the biggest piece of legislation that will effect our lives, and all we hear about is Michael. What kind of cover-up is CNN contributing to?

July 2, 2009 at 6:53 pm |
  35. Cindy

@ Angie...Michael always shook his hands like that while he was dancing. It's just part of the routine.

As to him being skinny..lots of people are skinny and perfectly healthy. Being skinny doesn't mean you are sick. I've been skinny all my life and I am as healthy as can be. Anderson himself is too skinny yet he seems perfectly fit to me.

Cindy..Ga.

July 2, 2009 at 6:41 pm |
  36. Isabel, Brazil

Very sad to see that images, these circumstances.

It is a fact that he would not have the same vitality of the age of 20, that he could not do the steps and openings the same as in youth, but the video shows that the years and his fragile health were stronger.

This is to think how we would be the sacrifice of the string of shows, if Michael hadn't died.

July 2, 2009 at 6:11 pm |
  37. Stephanie

Again- if he passed the drug test and he looked like that- where is that doctor that was with him? Why on earth can he not release at least a statement? not even speak to the family to console them, something is wrong with the doctors picture. CNN- haunt him some more please!! get him!

July 2, 2009 at 6:06 pm |
  38. Who Knows anything

AEG will not have to worry about refunds. If they are truly Michael Jackson fans, then I am quite sure they will keep the last ticket to a Michael Jackson concert.

July 2, 2009 at 6:06 pm |
  39. Cindy H

Oh come on, the guy was 50! I'm 48 and I sure don't move like I use to.
    He had 50 concerts scheduled. The more energy he put out the more taxing it would have been on his physical health.

July 2, 2009 at 5:57 pm |
  40. mari

Mr. Jackson looked very fit for 50. It is very sad that he was not able to bring this concert to his fans in person. But, it really does raise a WHOLE lot of questions as to the reason for his death. I think the Dr. that was with him may very well hold the missing part of this sad story.

July 2, 2009 at 5:55 pm |
  41. Myra Jammer

Anyone who is a long-time viewer or fan of Michael Jackson and his performances – can tell by his rehearsal that he's not moving as much as he did in the past. He seems stiff and in pain. Even the routine is less vigorous. Michael Jackson's dancers are usually flipping around and he would be doing something equally physical... But it is apparent to me he is in pain in that last rehearsal-video.

July 2, 2009 at 5:27 pm |
  42. Myra Jammer

Anyone who is a long-time fan of Michael Jackson can tell by his rehearsal that he is not moving as much as he did in the past. He seems stiff and in pain. Even the routine is less rigorous. Michael Jackson's dancers are usually flipping around, and he would be doing something equally physical... But it is apparent to me he was in pain in that last rehearsal.

July 2, 2009 at 5:22 pm |
  43. Pipitta

Perfect, flawless, on point! I cant believe he is gone!!! AEG pls release all those tapes and recordings for us to see, buy or whatever. Im just so sad. I miss him!!

July 2, 2009 at 5:19 pm |
  44. Angie

I just watched the video of Michael Jackson's rehearsal. I couldn't help but notice that he was shaking both of his hands...like you would if they had gone to sleep. Was that a part of the routine? I shake my hands like that sometimes to wake them up because they go numb. If it wasn't a normal part of that particular routine perhaps it was a sign that something was amiss. As an aside, why would any doctor allow their patient to weigh only 110 pounds on a 5'11" frame. THAT IS CERTAINLY NOT HEALTHY.

July 2, 2009 at 5:13 pm |
  45. Bernie Reimondo

Regardless of his talent, Michael Jackson's passing shouldn't be consuming the airwave time and over riding coverage of other important national and international events. The judicial system says he was not a child molester – just like it says OJ isn't a murderer. Let's spend our time and efforts covering newsworthy events.

July 2, 2009 at 5:12 pm |
  46. Andrea

After seeing that video, I am now convinced that Michael Jackson was in pretty good shape. He did not seem out of it. It still does not make sense that someone who was still able to dance and sing, would suddenly die.

July 2, 2009 at 5:00 pm |
  47. Cindy

Good to see that Anderson finally got off of that rooftop and did some of his own reporting. He needs to do more of that. Looking forward to hearing what AEG has to say about this.

Cindy..Ga.

July 2, 2009 at 4:56 pm |
  48. Joe G. (Illinois)

Michael Jackson” was the prodigy of various forms of abuse and yet America willingly and knowingly encouraged him every step of the way to higher and higher freakish shenanigans. All those who so “so called” morn him ought to go find a quiet corner and not show their faces to his funeral. Had he been over with it I could understand, but he took drugs and was clearly hanging on a tread

July 2, 2009 at 4:51 pm |
  49. matt tremore

He had it coming to him, people think he was soooo good but he did some things that were just uncool

July 2, 2009 at 4:50 pm |
  50. Annie Kate

Michael seems ok in this segment. While there isn't much dancing I don't notice any shortness of breath or slow movements – his movements are in time with the music. It is a little strange watching this knowing that within 48 hours of the tape Michael would be dead.

July 2, 2009 at 4:46 pm |