July 2nd, 2009

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 07/02/09

We have information that might shed new light on perhaps the central unanswered question in Michael Jackson's death. Was the "King of Pop" using powerful, potentially deadly, surgical anesthetics to get to sleep? Don't miss our exclusive 360° investigation.

Want to know what else we're covering tonight? Read EVENING BUZZ

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

And take a look at our live web camera from the 360° studio. Watch the WEBCAM

Filed under: Live Blog • T1
  1. April Sublett

I have 3 children of my own and I know there's not enough money in the world to make me stay away from them. A true mother would not stay away from her children. The kids should remain with Catherine. That was Michaels' wishes. Why would she want to take them away from their younger brother? I guess it is all about the money with her.

July 2, 2009 at 10:44 pm |
  2. Monica

RIP MJ Good evening. Question – Why does Rev. Sharpton have to protect MJ civil right. To make sure nothing negetive is said about him. Who protected Anna Nicole Smith. Same thing happened on all news channels as is happening now. I am so tired of this race card continued to be played. I do not believe MJ would want this to happen. Get a life Rev. Sharpton.

July 2, 2009 at 10:44 pm |
  3. Karen (Lincoln NE)

Isabel, he's 50! and hadn't performed in 12 years. I think that, yeah, he's a little stiff but he still moves remarkably well, especially as I think he has to be a lot weaker. That's what makes me saddest. If he'd had even a moderately healthy lifestyle he would have been amazing.

July 2, 2009 at 10:44 pm |
  4. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

What type of materials are they making these planes?

July 2, 2009 at 10:44 pm |
  5. Margaret Ann

I am truly saddened by the loss of MJ. My heart goes out to the 3 children and the family in this time of disbelieve. I pray for you all to find Peace and Love in Our Lord Jesus Christ after this terrible loss. Please stop fighting over the children or the money which ever it is. May God Bless the children ~ John 3:14

July 2, 2009 at 10:44 pm |
  6. Jacqueline, NY

How scary. I don't think I could ever fly again.

July 2, 2009 at 10:44 pm |
  7. Michelle

Wow. That is truly a survivor story.It is a miracle to say the least.

July 2, 2009 at 10:44 pm |
  8. Mike May in Wilton Manors

The A.E.G. man was very honest & that's appreciated. Another question to him would be- "how much rehersal stage fright or anxiety over the upcoming London shows did Michael Jackson voice to anyone in the inner circle?".

July 2, 2009 at 10:43 pm |
  9. Jennifer

What happened to doctor/patient confidentiality? I see several HIPPA violations regarding the MJ investigation. Confidentiality does not cease when you pass away, the rule still applies. What a circus.

July 2, 2009 at 10:43 pm |
  10. Mike, Syracuse, NY

France builds a lot of the Airbus. I wonder if the 'finding' that it didn't break up midair is a bit self serving to not lose sales.

July 2, 2009 at 10:43 pm |
  11. Isabel, Brazil

@ Anderson

your reports on Michael Jackson are very good. I do think it is not exaggerated.

Only when we lose someone dear that we value!

Thanks!

July 2, 2009 at 10:43 pm |
  12. Jessica Baker, Washington State

The video shows how vibrant Michael Jackson was. It appears that he couldn't sleep and was playing w/danger using a Dr. to put him under to sleep...something went wrong. I am convinced it was accidental..

July 2, 2009 at 10:43 pm |
  13. Minou, New York City

@ Tom Forman- were the ppl on board unconscious bc of the drop in cabin pressure?

July 2, 2009 at 10:43 pm |
  14. natalia

Of course he's not going to tell his investors that he's not feeling well. That's like telling my health insurance about my pre-existing conditions.

July 2, 2009 at 10:43 pm |
  15. James

I'm looking at the video clip of MJ.I love the music I'm getting goose bumps everytime I see it & hear his music his voice.As far as his energy on stage,when you are rocking out whether you are tired or not your adrenaline kicks in for as long as you got to perform.I'm going to miss MK dearly & he will always be in my heart.It's all about the kids now.

July 2, 2009 at 10:42 pm |
  16. Linda

That doctor spent the night with him. Was he helping him to sleep?

July 2, 2009 at 10:42 pm |
  17. Dodie ~ California

@ Mike, Syracuse, NY

I completely agree with you. The use of drugs is a personal decision unless someone had you tied up and administering it to you.

July 2, 2009 at 10:42 pm |
  18. Krasi

I am flying Air France in less than two months and I really don't know how to take these stories...

July 2, 2009 at 10:41 pm |
  19. Jasmine

still insane how that girl survived....

July 2, 2009 at 10:41 pm |
  20. Judy

If they cannot lay Michael to rest at Neverland, why don't his family cremate him and place the URN in his special tree or scatter his ashes over Neverland. It's sad that he cannot be laid to rest in such a peaceful place.

July 2, 2009 at 10:41 pm |
  21. Andreia La Motte (Long Beach-CA)

I was in Brazil when the Air France crash. I wonder if the passengers were alive when the plan crash. That is really a terrible death.

July 2, 2009 at 10:41 pm |
  22. Isabel, Brazil

Anyone who is a long-time viewer of Michael Jackson and his performances can tell by his rehearsal that he is not moving as much as he did in the past. He seems stiff.

July 2, 2009 at 10:40 pm |
  23. Michelle

I wonder who will be appearing to honor MJ
    through music at the funeral. I am sure many
    performers will be singing songs in honor of MJ.

July 2, 2009 at 10:40 pm |
  24. Pam

It seems that the nurse was telling the truth because today everyone else is beginning to add pieces of support her story by pointing their fingers at each other. With friends like these, one doesn't have to worry about enemies!

July 2, 2009 at 10:40 pm |
  25. Carrie G

Excuse me!!! did I hear that last comment right. " You don't argue with Michael Jackson, but instead you be that great friend and enabler so you just as guilty as the rest.

July 2, 2009 at 10:40 pm |
  26. Barbara Anne, Texas

Wow, thanks for putting the video on here. I love that video. Such a great memory of MJ.

July 2, 2009 at 10:39 pm |
  27. sue

It's sad that everyone is judging Debbie Rowe. She is biologically her children and should be in their lives. Michael had power and money and if he wanted her out of the children;s lives he was going to do it. She desrves a chance to be their mother now that Michael is not there to stop her.

July 2, 2009 at 10:38 pm |
  28. Katona Middleton

My condolences go out to the Jackson Family.Micheal will truely be missed. I personly think the media remains focused on the negative when such positive aroused from THE KING OF PoP!Mike appeared to b in great shape, and BLESS his kids,the wishes of Mike should be followed according to his WILL. Debbie Rowe is only out for the money and should be ASHAMED!

July 2, 2009 at 10:38 pm |
  29. Helen Gale

I agree please can we have the positive of Michael Jackson, I understand you have to report and investigate but lets not forget what he has done for many in this world let alone being one of the best entertainers I have seen and enjoyed sooo much, Love and Peace to all 🙂

July 2, 2009 at 10:38 pm |
  30. Linda

I don't think that Debbie Rowe just walked away from her children. Michael was a very private person and I bet she was paid to stay away from the children or face some sort of consiquences. If she had "shared parenting" Michael probably would of had to pay child support to her to help raise the children and she would have say in how they were raised, this way he could raise them the way he wanted to alone.

July 2, 2009 at 10:37 pm |
  31. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

I will not go to the Staple Center memorial..I wish I could join them next Tuesday.

July 2, 2009 at 10:37 pm |
  32. Michelle

I think his death will be ruled accidental.
    MJ was likely tired because he also practiced
    the day after the footage you are showing and
    there is reportedly more than 100 hours of footage.

July 2, 2009 at 10:37 pm |
  33. Carrie

I came across my video tape of Michael's 30th Anniversary show and after seeing the clip of the rehearsal, I was truly amazed! He sang great and hey, it's not a fast song he was singing, so I didn't expect the "Thriller" moves. I'm a month older than him and he definitely moves better than me! Also want to comment on his weight. He looked great! He's always been thin, remember that. He didn't look frail or emaciated to me at all.

July 2, 2009 at 10:36 pm |
  34. bea

Anderson, ask what the tests were that the group would normally require for such a high profile tour. These guys don't want you to know. Insurance exams are cursory,. The doctors want to satisfy the promoters and say "yes."

July 2, 2009 at 10:36 pm |
  35. michael ft lauderdale

The real mystery is this Debbie Rowe? We need to know more about her, and her shady life.

July 2, 2009 at 10:35 pm |
  36. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

As we all know, doctors can be bought and sold just like anybody else.

July 2, 2009 at 10:35 pm |
  37. Isabel, Brazil

@David, Indiana

About the video … it’s very sad to see that images, these circumstances.
    It is a fact that he would not have the same vitality of the age of 20, that he could not do the steps the same as in youth, but the video shows that the years and his fragile health were stronger.

PS> My night is bad too …

July 2, 2009 at 10:35 pm |
  38. matumbo

just tell debbie row to beat it, just beat it,

July 2, 2009 at 10:35 pm |
  39. Kath

Hi Anderson & 360 team,

As a ICU RN I use Propofol all the time as ordered by a MD to sedate ventilated patients, in the Hospital setting it is safe to use, Please make that clear to the public.
    On Michael ,seeing that final rehersal video, it really shows how brillant the man was. I do not belive the rumour mongering that is going on. People want their 15mins, and his sad death is sure bringing them out!!

July 2, 2009 at 10:35 pm |
  40. Mike, Syracuse, NY

@Minou, I disagree. Michael Jackson had free will and chose to use drugs. The 'enablers' made it easier, but it was his choice.

July 2, 2009 at 10:35 pm |
  41. David, Indiana

I think Rev. Sharpton has a point, in the news coverage, there's an intense focus on Michael Jackson's personal life, just one part of the whole person is blown up, and, as you just noted Anderson, his work as a music legend and humanitarian is sort of noted but not gone into. His passing though is unexpected and there are questions about what has happened.

July 2, 2009 at 10:34 pm |
  42. Margaret-Chicago

What people should realize what makes Michael Jackson so great is that he survived as a great entertainer through several generations. I listened to and loved him from the beginning of his career in the 60's, but my children who are into the HIP HOP age also listened to and loved him and they are 25 and 31. To some families there are three generations who have listened to and loved Michael Jackson. WHAT OTHER MUSIC ARTIST SURVIVED MANY GENERATIONS.

July 2, 2009 at 10:34 pm |
  43. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

This attifude of denial is exactly why Michael is dead. No one wanted to acknowledge that he was too sick to perform and that he was self destructing.

They all played a part in his death.

July 2, 2009 at 10:34 pm |
  44. Krasi

Well, I am sure they all knew they will make a lot of money off of him and I bet no one wanted to stop him do this. So sad.

July 2, 2009 at 10:34 pm |
  45. Minou, New York City

@Erica- oh, thank you for explaining! hope he likes his nickname...

July 2, 2009 at 10:34 pm |
  46. William, Columbus Ohio

Michael looked good in the last rehearsal!

July 2, 2009 at 10:34 pm |
  47. Annette, NC

I feel real bad for these kids, they just lost their dad and now they have to worry about a mother who have shown in the past that she don't care about them and it's all about the money; how much more can she get. Give these kids some peace and safety.

July 2, 2009 at 10:33 pm |
  48. Joanne

my condolences to the jackson family , your lives have been turned up side down with the ls of your son , brother father. we have lost a great musician , i'm a but just one fanwho will miss him

July 2, 2009 at 10:33 pm |
  49. Cynthia, NC

Michael looks a little thin in the dress rehearsal video, but overall he looks much better than I thought he would. He still had the moves.

I really hate I never had the opportunity to see him live in concert.

July 2, 2009 at 10:33 pm |
  50. Joanne

Michael Jackson may you rest in peace.You are home and no more pain. When I seen the footage for his rehearsal I must say he didn't look to good.not energetic like he has been over the years. I hope Katherine gets custody of the kids they will be better off with her.Debbie is in it for the money and it's sad...the doctors shouldn't of gave him no drug's period.and I hope they get jail time we lost a really good person I've watch all this crap over the years and stood behind him 100% I don't think he has done any of it at all... Michael rest in peace and i will see you when I get there.....

July 2, 2009 at 10:32 pm |