July 1st, 2009
  1. Lisa M

Interesting fact: There are many "wealthy" individuals who choose to undergo detox from drugs and alcohol while under anesthesia such as diprovan. Rather than experience the physical pain associated with detox, individuals with the financial means many times undergo medical detox by being put into a medically induced coma – injection with propofol. In addition, propofol and any type of benzo/half-benzo or opiate drug is a highly, highly toxic combination. BTW, Diprovan is used outside hospitals in surgical centers across the country.

July 2, 2009 at 2:03 am |
  2. Triny

It's amazing to me how people are coming out of the woodwork just to say that Michael Jackson did this and did that. This nurse that claims that someone from Michael's household called her for assistance when she hadn't seen or been in contact with michael for 3 months! Even the dumbest of people can see what's wrong with this story!

This so called "nurse" is being given credibility when MJ is no longer here to defend himself. It's disgusting to me that now after his death that the press and anyone that wants to be heard wants to tear him down. This is disgusting and the media doesn't care that his family, his children and his fans are utterly mortified by their speculations without thoroughly finding out the facts. These people that worked for Michael want to say what they want about him but yet they didn't have a problem with him when he gave them a paycheck!

The end result is this: Michael Jackson was a kind, generous and sensitive soul that people took advantage of period!

July 1, 2009 at 2:40 pm |
  3. Jen, NYC

What a shame if MJ really did take Diprivan. Its write-up in the PDR lists numerous serious potential side effects, including depressed respiratory function and cardiac arrest. It also says the drug is indicated for use in a hospital setting by specialists trained in caring for ICU patients, and that it can easily spoil and be contaminated by bacteria, because it contains perishable ingredients. Doctors and nurses have their degrees for a reason;

July 1, 2009 at 1:26 pm |
  4. Early

Dr. Murray ,the private doctor at the home during the emergency 911 call, did not have a contingency plan, emergency preparedness, and back-up plan. Why Dr. Murray did not look ahead and plan for the future of his patient? Why Dr. Murray did not use his cell phone and call 911 at the onset of illness? Why Dr. Murray did not have emergency equipment available, accessible, and in the bedroom?

Dr. Murray has demonstrated unprofessional, unethical, and unclear behavior in this case. Dr. Murray should be called into accountability, liability, and responsibility for the lost of life. Dr. Murray may have contributed inadequately, insufficiently, and inefficiently. No alertness, awareness, and readiness were demonstrated and has led to lost of life, wasted time, and unprofessional behavior on the part of Dr. Murray.

A big embarrassment and disgrace for doctor Murray. Stop and investigate him. Jail is fit for the violations.

July 1, 2009 at 11:37 am |
  5. Surendra maharjan

I miss u my life. Im micheal jackson of nepal. I cant belive his death. It may politics.

July 1, 2009 at 11:34 am |
  6. Richard Dale Smith

I see some spelling problems in my comment. It was very early this AM when I wrote it. By "heart rate it should be "beats/minute. You can take it in 15 seconds and multiply it X4. You also can feel if it is regular or irratic and/or weak and thready . With all of your reporting this was never mentioned. Depending on how long he was in respiratory arrest; If shortly the pulse would probably have been Too fast, (over 100 b/min. as the heart would have demanded more 02), if his pulse rate was below 60 b/m then ventilation, (which should have already been started), then you take it from there. By the way; I don't like AEDs. They are a freakin' computer. I have seen a "Mac 10" used to shock a person with a flat line or PEA into a workable rythym. An AED, (This was before I became disabled) cannot do this. VENTILATION is still the KEY here and I have not heard any of this talk in your reports! RDS

July 1, 2009 at 10:38 am |
  7. Rachel Miller

As a registered nurse I am embarrased by the interview conducted with Dr Cherilyn Lee. We as nurses are supposed to protect our patient's confidentiality. I am also highly suspicious of a Nurse Practitioner/PhD with 20 years of experience who has not encountered DIPROVAN /Propofol. Since she was unfamiliar with the drug it is quite possible Michael meant to request ATIVAN a milder sedative, either one could have been confused or misunderstood.

July 1, 2009 at 10:13 am |
  8. Lori

How did he know what to ask for?

July 1, 2009 at 10:11 am |
  9. Mark

Hi Anderson,

You had the Jackson Attorney on last night...I loved Michael Jackson as an entertainer and watching him dance, but to be honest with you, as I watch the coverage, I am really tired of people like that Jackson Attorney trying to whitewash everything..you mentioned the nurse that Michael tried to get drugs from, the Attorney asked what relavence does it have,. he is an idiot, The public know that this was one of the most troubled, messed up entertainers around and much of the black community, from Rev. Sharpton to Spike Lee, don't want to be honest about Micahel and the children and the face surgery etc...This is an opportuniy for them to use this tradgedy to educate the black community in what not to do.....the facts are Micahel hasn't done a really good album since Thriller, he did drugs, he didn't pay people his debts, this sugar coating everything is disgusting. This is one aspect that caused Micahel's death. It was alos really poor that Michael outbid Paul McCartney for his own music, Paul has never spoken to him since. There is just so much going on to cover the truth....

July 1, 2009 at 9:45 am |
  10. Jaye

I have been an avid supporter and fan of Michael Jackson since 1973, after seeing him on the Ed Sullivan show. I followed his career since that time and have never waivered in my support of him. I have been deeply troubled by his untimely death and the mystery surrounding it.

I was totally dismayed last night when listening to the Jackson family lawyer and his rebuttle of Anderson Cooper with regards to having the nurse who claims that Michael asked for propyphol in order to help him sleep on his show to talk about the issue.

Drug addiction is an illness and after that many years cannot be controlled without intervention and the willingness to seek help. I would think that those who cared about Michael and continue to care about his legacy would want to get to the bottom of his death and find those responsible for enabling his drug use for the sake of profit instead of trying to sweep it all under the rug.

July 1, 2009 at 9:23 am |
  11. jean- claude

Please you have to let michael jackson to rest in peace

July 1, 2009 at 9:23 am |
  12. nena

I listened with horror to the alleged Jackson's nurse,how does a qualified nurse know that a patient is in trouble and does nothing no matter the distance to help the patient.I think her license should be revoked for negligence if indeed someone called her and reported such serious condition of MJ.MAY HIS GENTLE SOUL REST IN PEACE.

July 1, 2009 at 8:50 am |
  13. Dawit Ghebresellasie

Dear Anderson,

I heard your report on the Jackson's medication with his Nurse, who denied she didn't share it with any body. I totally am skeptical of her assertion, because Michael is somebody who is greater than life and if he had called her, I wouldn't believe she didn't share it with any body. The reason he called her might be she had something to do with it previously, she could possibly be the connection since she is only a nurse that could not prescribe professionally.
    Your investigative report together that with Larry King are the best in the profession.

Thanks

Dawit

July 1, 2009 at 8:26 am |
  14. jan terry

If what is being contemplated to make custody decisions in the best interest of Michael's children and if their biological father is actually caucasian, is it in their best interest to be raised as though they are African-American children? How will they feel about that as they get older?

July 1, 2009 at 7:06 am |
  15. DawnMD

I saw this interview on Campbell Brown, Larry King Live and Anderson Cooper last night.

I hope CNN is vetting her story. I am sure there are so many people seeking fame surrounding Michael Jackson's life & death.
    I will be glad when things become more clear about the death of Michael Jackson.

It seems to me the main Jackson lawyer is doing damage control for the family; which is why they did their own autopsy and has the
    fingerprint of Joe Jackson all over it.
    Joe Jackson only wants to preserve the "MJ Legacy" so he can try to profit from it the same way he did most of his children's lives.

I think what they fail to realize is the community will love Michael Jackson no matter the outcome of his deat.
    We all understand that he was troubled in his personal life.
    The more we learn, the more we understand his strange behavior.

July 1, 2009 at 6:55 am |
  16. Silky 1

As a person who was injured on my job over 9 years ago and as a result I have suffered from chronic pain and for a number of years I was prescribed oxycontin and other painkillers such as percocet and etc. I can sympathize with Michael Jackson and his desire to just have some period of relief from the pain his was experiencing daily as has and still is the case for me especially when associated in the back region but it came a point recently that I realized that my continued usage of oxycontin was not the end-all and solve-all of my problems and i hope that anyone will seriously weigh any decison they may have if that particular drug is suggested as something they should tale legitmately it has a disturbing outcome that far outweighs the benefits of taking that medication legally.

Certainly my own family's prayers and thoughts go out to the rest of the jackson family may they continue to be strong and enjoy the many memories they shared as a family and also be encouraged that in my eyesight and that of others that Michael Jackson was a class act and I will certainly miss him as well as so many other people from all over the entire world who had the opportunity to be alive to experience the life of a great black man who has passed away when many like myself thank his mother and other siblings have allowed us all to share in their joy of their son and the life he lived and the fact that he was able to be shared with the rest of the world Thank you

July 1, 2009 at 6:18 am |
  17. Ann F

Remember that is a Practioner speaking, not a Medical Doctor. Yes, there are some MAJOR differences in treatments and license! Any "guess" as to what happened is just that a "guess" without definative scientific results.

July 1, 2009 at 5:16 am |
  18. Chyke Uba-Osigwe III

'..product of a lost childhood. Guess thats what comes when you find fame and fortune at an impressionable age. He was 'our thing' ..a successful black man. We can, cos he did! He's only flaw was falling for the sycophants who tried to take away his roots through surgery and servile flattery for material gain. Michael Jackson lives forever!!

July 1, 2009 at 4:54 am |
  19. kamanani

Michael Jackson RIP! No matter what people say about U! U done crossed over. 2 GOD B the Glory!
    Kamanani 🙂 I've been your biggest fan

July 1, 2009 at 3:40 am |
  20. Zoe

Watching AC report on MJ news, it just gets sadder. Wonder if there r lots of ppl out there in similiar situations. Omg what's with woman n the baby squirrel?

July 1, 2009 at 3:05 am |
  21. Richard Dale Smith

A patient in respiratory arrest with a pulse should be ventilated! A doctor should Freakin' know that!

July 1, 2009 at 2:46 am |
  22. Susan

On regards to the nurse that talked to Michael 5 days before he died. She said that Michael told her that he wanted her to give him a med. in a iv and for her to come and watch him sleep. She said that he said that a doctor gave him a med. in a iv a long time ago to help him sleep. She asked him what was the med. He said he was not sure, his doc gave it to him in iv and he went to sleep right away. She then said she went home and looked in her pdr and called him and told him that this med was bad. Now my sister and I want to know how did she know what med. to look up in her pdr if he did not know. A pdr has thousands of med listed it and I dont know how she would know which med to look for.

Also I think that everyone worried about Michaels past mistakes should just let it go. The poor man is gone and it really does not matter any more. For his kids and family, just let it go and let them grieve in peace.

July 1, 2009 at 2:40 am |
  23. maureen rn

you misspelled diprovan/propofol

July 1, 2009 at 2:15 am |
  24. Terri

Dearest Michael,
    You will be missed so very much!! My love, thoughts and prayers go out to your children and family.
    I will never forget you. Love and Aloha.

July 1, 2009 at 2:06 am |