July 1st, 2009

Tonight: Text 360°

[cnn-photo-caption image=http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/04/08/art.text360.jpg]

AC360°

Fans across the globe continued to mourn Jackson today, six days after the 50-year-old singer went into cardiac arrest.

Michael Jackson’s will from 2002 was filed in a Los Angeles court this morning. His mother, Katherine Jackson is named as legal guardian of his three children. Debbie Rowe, the mother of his two older kids was “intentionally omitted.”

What does it all mean? Do you have questions about what happens to Michael Jackson’s estate – valued at more than $500 million?

Send us a text message with your question to 94553, and you might hear it on air!

The message MUST start with the letters AC, and then a space, then your name and question. If you do not include AC first with a space, we will not receive your text.

Filed under: T1 • Text 360
  1. Jimmy Wood

Did he leave any thing for me? It's Jimmy Wood with a "y", not "ie". JimmY Wood. Check this out Anderson then get back to me. I can be reached at this email.

PS
    Please tell Nancy Grace to diversify her portfolio. She needs a much more, how shall I say it....culturally diverse show. Tell Larry the 1950's called and wants the suspenders back he wore last Thursday.

July 2, 2009 at 12:29 am |
  2. R Paige

Hello i think michael jackson Doctor made a mistake of gaving him the drug,he should own up to it,and the will he made the right decision leave it with peoples he trust will take care his kids.

July 2, 2009 at 12:28 am |
  3. Ian

Enough on Michael Jackson's death already! He was an entertainer, not a head of state.

July 2, 2009 at 12:27 am |
  4. Lily Ruff

AC Lily Ruff We can only hope that his heart and soul was right before God as he closed his eyes in death,may God have mercy on him . He will be missed.

July 2, 2009 at 12:11 am |
  5. cisse

Michael,

The world loves you.

RIP!

July 2, 2009 at 12:11 am |
  6. Anthony

May MJ rest in Peace! Also, please leave the residents of Santa Barbara County have their peace and privacy. Neverland, is a very difficult location to have thousand of cars travel since a large part of the roads to get to Neverland from Highway 101 have only two lanes, one lane going each way.
    The press, radio, internet and TV have covered the death of MJ befitting the death of a Head of State. I cannot recall more coverage given to any other person in my lifetime.
    Here is a suggestion – Place the open casket of MJ on a train and have it travel through the lower 48 States anc charge each person $100.00 admission fee with proceeds going to the local schools districts shich are in need of funds. This would be a true memorial to MJ in heldphing to educate our yourth!

July 2, 2009 at 12:10 am |
  7. Yolonda Tilford

AC- I have one question to ask and that is are the three children really Michael Jackson biological childern? Although his skin changed do not make his genes changed...These kids are 100% white... Knowing how Michael love children, I do not see him donating his sperm knowing he had an condition that could be hereditary. I am concern for the children as they become older..,There will be alot of questions asked...It is not fair to them to live a lie...Don't get me wrong, he was their father but I do not believe he was their biological father...What do you thank? How could he leave his children to Diana Ross if something happens to his mother...His brothers and sisters are very well capable of raising his children..Diana Ross is not a good choice....oh well!!!!!!! I hope the family will fight this matter...

July 2, 2009 at 12:07 am |
  8. sharon

Nicole, I read where there was not yet a phone in the room of MJ, because he had just moved in. The Dr. found MJ too late to offer a sucess in CPR because even at the hospital they could not revive MJ.
    There's a saying when it's your time your'e going, ready or not, all the hairs on our heads are numbered, we know not the hour or day, but then I personally would freak knowing, so it's all well with me. I think MJ knew he was sick in some way because he said this will be it, this iis the final curtain call. In other words no more shows. That is what I keep thinking that MJ said. Perhaps the caller didn't want to alarm MJ when he said, we need an ambulance he's not breathing, the address is all they needed, and hearing is the last to go when you are dying, and they were trying to keep MJ calm. Sad for sure.

July 2, 2009 at 12:07 am |
  9. Mark Johnson

My comment is........If it ends up to be true that M. Jackson died do to the use of the anesthetic, Prophol (sp?). which is administered by IV.....who then set up the IV? Who inserted the IV in his arm? Who injected the solution?? Who actually gave him the overdose since he could not have done this to imself by himself?????

Has anyone thought of this????

July 2, 2009 at 12:06 am |
  10. Leo Moranti

Why was a Dr. giving CPR to him while he was lying on the bed? Wouldnt he know better and move him to the floor or a surface that did not give while giving chest compressions?

July 2, 2009 at 12:02 am |
  11. lisa

Do you know why there's not going to be a public viewing of Michael Jackson's body at the Neverland ranch?

Oh, btw, my friend thinks you're cute, Andrew. ;D

July 1, 2009 at 11:59 pm |
  12. joe

Will Joe Jackson entitle to spend any money from M. Jackson's estate since he is Katherine's husband?

July 1, 2009 at 11:55 pm |
  13. Judy

We should all quit trying to blame anyone other than Michael for what he did to his own body. We choose what path we will take as we grow older. Michael was an adult, not a child who was forced to take any drugs. We cannot go through life blaming our parents for our own actions once we are old enough to make choices. Michael made his own circus! Hense, the monkey, farris wheel,the children....etc., quit trying to blame the media and his family.....he made his own choices and he damanded the attention by acting "weird"
    I am sorry for his family and friends.

July 1, 2009 at 11:55 pm |
  14. Vivian

A great and genius singer like MJ , will never be replaced and his music will last forever. I am sure that MJ had other people in his hous like servant , nanny, guards,, where were all his staffs , why they didn't mention his name on 911, or calling 911 before he stopped breathing. Reaction was too slow. But we should all beleive in destiny without blaming anybody now, and praying that his soul will rest in peace. Am also curious to know who are his beneficiaries for jis life insurance and what is the death benefit

July 1, 2009 at 11:53 pm |
  15. Judi-Northern AZ

I was never a great Jackson fan but as a mother, my heart went out to him. When I saw is father, what 2 days after his death, I understood how and why he was what he was. What a shame Joe Jackson still has a place in that family. He is a sad excuse of a father and husband. Wonder what kind of grandfather he is? Michael was a troubled boy, teen and man. When you really examine everything, it's a wonder he was as sane as he was. Let him rest in peace. Let his children continue their lives remembering a father that loved them more than his own life. Let them continue to have as near as normal life as possible. And let's pray they were his biological children that inherited his love of music and dance.

July 1, 2009 at 11:41 pm |
  16. Bethany

AC Bethany
    Did Michael Jackson leave Iran democracy in his will?

July 1, 2009 at 11:35 pm |
  17. Kay

It is disgusting to see doctors prescribe whatever patient asks for. Many doctors today are so uncaring and unprofessional .. They only have few minutes to listen to a patient. If only a kind doctor had listened to the late king of pop's problems and had suggested naturopathic medicine, he might still be alive. Doctors just keep filling prescirption after prescription without telling patients the side effects. If they ever find out the doctor responisble for prescribing Michael Jackson the medicine that killed him, they should bring back the death penalty.

July 1, 2009 at 11:33 pm |
  18. m.potts

my question is,will Michael Jackson's will be contested questioning his mental ability?

July 1, 2009 at 11:31 pm |
  19. Sherry

I think they should leave the Jackson's family alone. They should let the family bury him where he wanted to be.

July 1, 2009 at 11:25 pm |
  20. HJD

Enough already, let the man rest in peace. The 24-7 coverage of his death boarders on the obsered and rediculous. There must be other events that are of importance on a planet of 6.5 billion.

July 1, 2009 at 11:25 pm |
  21. English Perez

Isn't Michael 51 and not 50? Why doesn't someone else do the math? Is there a legal reason from when he was younger they don't have his age correct?

July 1, 2009 at 11:23 pm |
  22. Tracey Stafford

AC Tracey May I ask why no-one can actually follow your instructions? It seemed simple enough...all in plain English, only 3 easy steps...honestly, this whole "question/discussion" disturbs me on so many levels. Jack was the only one to actually get the instructions right, and the only one to have an intelligent question. Thanks Anderson, but next time, find a better topic to discuss!

July 1, 2009 at 11:21 pm |
  23. JR

What kind of "circus" will Joe turn MJ's memory and Neverland into?

July 1, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  24. JR

Some people close to MJ have said that there might be 2 or 3 more wills floating around, how would that effect the current situation?

July 1, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  25. Phil

I don't give a damm about Jackson, lets move on. We should be talking about how to save our country instead.

July 1, 2009 at 10:49 pm |
  26. Robert Segarra

Michael had a voice that remained the same all his life, it is possible that he got operated not to grow up to be a men and keep his voice and if that is the case he was not able to father any of his children

July 1, 2009 at 10:46 pm |
  27. Lisa Williams

Anderson Cooper-I am not believing what I am seeing. I knew it wouldn't be long before a bunch of women came out of the woodwork to claim to be the biological mother of MJ's third child, but to have a man come out and say he is the father of the first two, and to have you spend so much time on someone wanting to get his 15 minutes of fame is just too much. You guys even go so far as to go to their door wanting to get "the scoop". You people are going to do much more damage to those children than any court battle that you keep bringing up is going to happen. The man isn't even buried yet and you go on and on about some "real father". Michael Jackson is the father of those children. So what if it wasn't his sperm. You don't know that to be fact but yet you tell it like its "breaking news." He has raised those children and he is on their birth certificate and that makes Michael Jackson the father. Get off the other crap. You go on and on about his eccentricities but he couldn't even use a urinal without someone reporting it to the world. He's dead, let him rest in peace. He certainly never had any on earth.

July 1, 2009 at 10:44 pm |
  28. Purnima Bisht

Michael Jackson was popular and loved all around the world when he was alive. In his death, that love and popularity only grew, so much so that 12 people have apparently commited suicide worldwide (According to Denver's 105.9 FM).
    For Gods sake let's not waste our time on raisng a question on who is the father of these three kids ? Let them remain the beloved kids of MJ and leave these kids alone and let them mourn the death of their father, without raising any doubt in their mind, "are we MJ's kids, if not who is our Dad ? This is the most traumatic situation in their life and let's not make it more complicated for these kids. Now raising the question about the biological father after his death is the worst insult the country and the people have given to MJ. The media did its part in ruining MJ's life when alive now even in his death they seem to torment him. Pllease let his soul rest in peace,.. and let his beloved kids remain his kids . I urge to the media, please stop trying to find out a new father for these kids, please.
    Let's remember MJ by turning his dream home 'Neverland" as Michael Jackson's Neverland National Museum.

July 1, 2009 at 10:34 pm |
  29. Olayinka

Don't you/people think that our beloved Michael Jackson would love to be burried at the Neverland Rench; since that's his favorite place?

Plus, people might like that jackson should be burry at the place so they can visit there. I think that the spot where he will be burry in the neverland, will be significant to history.

July 1, 2009 at 10:33 pm |
  30. Renee Schwartz

AC, It really sickened me to learn that Michael Jackson had died. He was the king of Pop for sure and my whole family will miss him dearly, even though we did not know him personally he was a Mrs. Jacksons son and most importantly those kids father. What a terrible loss for that family. God bless you all and I really believe in my heart that he never was a child molester, I think that he just wanted to make kids happy and I agree with Lisa Marie who said that he was surrounded by leeches SHAME ON THEM ALL.

July 1, 2009 at 10:32 pm |
  31. Sean Rogue

Will Michael Jackson's will finally exonerate him of his child molestation accusation?

July 1, 2009 at 10:26 pm |
  32. A Paramedic

"AC – Why would the Cardiologist that was with Michael do chest compressions when Michael still had a pulse? My understanding of CPR is that if the patient has a pulse you need to focus on maintaining an airway and getting oxegen to them. Also, if a drug or opiate overdose was suspected, aren’t there drugs that could have acted as an antidote. I believe an article I read mentioned a drug called Naloxone which is very effective in an overdose situation. Lastly, did the doctor check to see if the pupils were constricted, which is a sign of an overdose? Whatever kind of doctor this guy is, I would not want him treating myself or my loved ones."

CPR is to be used whenever the heart is not beating effectively, i.e. if he had a pulse of 20 you would do CPR to make up the difference. Also CPR (Chest compressions) is now the recommended way to assist in cardiac arrest. The previously taught compression and ventilate technique is being phased out by the AHA. The theory is as you compress the chest the ventilation's occur naturally and with a higher oxygen content than your exhaled air. Naloxone otherwise known as Nar-Can only works on "real" opiates and does not work well against synthetic opiates which is what makes up most sleep meds. It would have worked on Demerol but most doctors do not carry Naloxone. It is a street level drug carried by paramedics and ER's. If he was in cardiac arrest chances are he was administered Naloxone.

Hope that helps with that dilemma.

July 1, 2009 at 10:25 pm |
  33. Paul Kretschmann

No disrespect to M.J., but did the world stop turning when he died. Are you seriously dedicating 24 hours of news to his death? What is going on in Washington? Iran? Iraq? Africa? the rest of America? Is anything else going on in the world? how much of this M.J. crap do we have to listen to? Total redundancy! I'm reminded of Anna Nicole and Terry schaibo, Are you going to be pround of your reporting of this? WTF? I really need the news! PLEASE BECOME A NEWS CHANNEL AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 1, 2009 at 10:18 pm |
  34. carol

ac,just wonder how much joe jackson control mrs.jackson?

July 1, 2009 at 10:17 pm |
  35. Steven

-How do we the people buying the new album insure that the children will recieve the funds and not the money hungry family?

P.S. Why will their not be a viewing of MJ’S body @ neverland anymore? Cnn stated their would be a viewing on friday and what did the letter from OBAMA say?????

July 1, 2009 at 10:16 pm |
  36. David from PA

I'm so tired of the Michael Jackson coverage. If more people cared as much about really meaningful issues as they seem to care about the death of a celebrity the world would be a better place. Please, CNN, put this story to bed and focus on real news. Let People magazine and EW handle the Jackson story.

July 1, 2009 at 10:16 pm |
  37. Steven

-When will his new music be released?
    -You dont need a million dollars a year to survive @ the ages of 6-11 right?
    -So all this new money should be saved and invested right?
    Thanks

P.S. Why will their not be a viewing of MJ'S body @ neverland anymore? Cnn stated their would be a viewing on friday and what did the letter from OBAMA say????? Thanks!

July 1, 2009 at 10:15 pm |
  38. Lady in TX

AC – I wonder about something. If Michael suffered from insomia/depression, why didn't someone near him like Miko, or Dr. Deepak Chopra, or Elizabeth Taylor, or Diana Ross, or Katherine Jackson, or La Toya, or Janet, Mr. Malnik, Liza Minnelli or any number of people who cared about MJ and surrounded themselves around him, get the proper help for him years ago. I understand about the pain he endured....Rush Limbaugh went through that with prescription drugs, as many others have suffered this disease. Couldn't someone have helped Michael with his depression and insomia?

July 1, 2009 at 10:14 pm |
  39. Lisa

I have a thought that I've not seen in all this hoopla yet or maybe I've missed it by chance...guess we'll all have to wait a few years for it tho:

His children WILL one day have their say in all of this and then I guess we'll all know then what really has been going on in their lives while they grew up with their dad (MJ). Then as Paul Harvey would say (God rest his soul) "Now for the rest of the story" when they become of age....

July 1, 2009 at 10:13 pm |
  40. Matt

I find it pathetic that there is nothing else going on in the world. Just rehashing non-news over and over and over again. Who really cares about whether or not Michael Jackson included his pet chimp in the will? Is any of this really news? Healthcare in America, Iran, Afghanistan no longer important. But everyone wants to know about who REALLY could be the mother of Michael Jackson's children. Shame on CNN and all of these so called "news" shows. You are doing a disservice to all of us by thinking we are really that stupid.

July 1, 2009 at 10:12 pm |
  41. Julian

It is sad that Michael Jackson has died. However aren't there more important newsworthy events happening in the world that should be reported on? This media frenzy is becoming quite disgusting. Let's move on.

July 1, 2009 at 10:10 pm |
  42. Karolina

My question is this: When will the media leave this man alone? Isn't it bad enough it helped bury him?

Sign me deeply saddened by the entire event.

July 1, 2009 at 10:06 pm |
  43. Oregon

In his prime Michael Jackson was an incredible entertainer, his legacy will live on while his death leaves an empty spot in the hearts and minds of many HOWEVER this circus has gone on long enough.
    Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, North Korea, the challenges facing the U.S... Let's get back on track with issues we're facing today

July 1, 2009 at 10:06 pm |
  44. STEVEINIOWA

Michael Jackson's Will is horrible on its face. We don't know all of the details of his Will however, naming 3 executors of your estate that have complete control over everything to me is ludicrous because they can dictate who gets what at any time and there are no time frames mentioned i.e. Prince gets X dollars at the age of such and such etc. These 3 will control everything until the end of time. There should be stipulations in the Will that at some point the kids will get complete control over the estate at some point in the future. These 3 Executors and anyone who they assign to be Executors let's not forget can control this Estate forever.

July 1, 2009 at 10:05 pm |
  45. Dave

Who realy cares about this guy have you all forgot what he did to little boys? And the lives he has runied forever.

July 1, 2009 at 10:04 pm |
  46. The Way

Love not the body more than the soul. Back to the dust we all must go.
    The soul lives on. We should be mindful of where we wish our souls to find eternal rest – Heaven or Hell! It cannot be both – Pergatory only exists in the ideology of catholicism. It is not a sanactioned place by God.
    Jesus dealt in absolutes: wrong and right, hot or cold, up or down, in or out. There was and is no middle ground.
    I personally want to see Jesus. I thank Him for all He has allowed me to endure and overcome to reign with Him in Eternity.
    Certainly, Michael Joseph Jackson, as a Jehovah's Witness, had the same opportunities. Making music was his passion and occupation. However, the manner in which he rendered service to God is in part how he served mankind as well as the type of godly ambassador he became and or was.
    May the Lord, Our Creator, have mercy upon our souls.

July 1, 2009 at 10:03 pm |
  47. Alpha and Omega

AC
    Inspite of the hoop-la, are concerned about his soul? The dust is for the body. our Soul lives in Eternity Heaven or Eternity Hell.

There is no such place as Pergatory in Eternity. That destination only exists in the annals of catholicism but not in Judea nor Jerusalem Zion's conservatory.

Read the Book of books, did you find Pergatory?

July 1, 2009 at 9:59 pm |
  48. Lori Parsons

So, a lot has been made about Debbie Rowe being the mother of Michael's first two children, but why hasn't there been any mention of the mother of Michael's 3rd child, AKA "Blanket?" Who is she?

July 1, 2009 at 9:58 pm |
  49. Ann

I agree with SEAGULL... enough. What a lot of people don't realize is that in the african-american culture grandparents are more vital then we think. I don't see what the big deal is about his will and the fact that he didnt leave his ex-wife anything seems to be making news. What man dies and leave his ex-wife something especially since she doesn't have custody of the kids.

July 1, 2009 at 9:56 pm |
  50. Joe-So.Cal.

I find it interesting, that those in Jackson's camp especially his attorney Londell McMillan are so adamant about preserving Michael Jackson's legacy, yet extremely defensive when many of his strange and excentric behaviors are sighted. Michael, like all of us, had both positive and negative charestics and so will his legacy; just like Monroe's and Elvi's addiction. I, rather, they all be accurate when judging or speaking about Michael Jackson.

July 1, 2009 at 9:53 pm |