July 1st, 2009

Tonight: Text 360°

[cnn-photo-caption image=http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/04/08/art.text360.jpg]

AC360°

Fans across the globe continued to mourn Jackson today, six days after the 50-year-old singer went into cardiac arrest.

Michael Jackson’s will from 2002 was filed in a Los Angeles court this morning. His mother, Katherine Jackson is named as legal guardian of his three children. Debbie Rowe, the mother of his two older kids was “intentionally omitted.”

What does it all mean? Do you have questions about what happens to Michael Jackson’s estate – valued at more than $500 million?

Send us a text message with your question to 94553, and you might hear it on air!

The message MUST start with the letters AC, and then a space, then your name and question. If you do not include AC first with a space, we will not receive your text.

Filed under: T1 • Text 360
  1. Xavier

I believe the media should leave Michael Jackson's family alone. As for his will, it's nobody's business other than family.

You should be discussing how Obama is about to give this country a good screw with all his programs and outrageous spending!

July 1, 2009 at 9:50 pm |
  2. Theo

Who cares? Seriously, who cares? It affects a very small number of people and they will sort it out, probably after many years in court.

So lets move on shall we? Apparently there is some important stuff going on in Iraq and Afghanistan. WE DON'T CARE ABOUT MICHAEL JACKSON'S WILL! ITS NOT IMPORTANT!

July 1, 2009 at 9:49 pm |
  3. Randy Folse, RN

i don't think dr. lee is very credible. being propofol is an IV drug, i don't think it is covered in the PDR. usually only medications taken by mouth are found there.

July 1, 2009 at 9:49 pm |
  4. Hazel

The media is missing a real story–the devastating psychological effect that his skin disease (vitillago) must have had on him, and how it must have shaped his life. I'm sure he didn't want to talk about it , but I hope that the disease and it physical and psychological effects will be discussed now that he is gone. It would explain many of his behaviors. Perhaps, there are some new treatments for the disease.

July 1, 2009 at 9:49 pm |
  5. Robert

Cherilyn Lee, the nurse who treated Michael Jackson in the months before his death, is claiming that he begged to be injected with the sedative Diprivan, a powerful drug to help him sleep. If she is being truthful, she is violating HIPPA and Michael Jackson's confidentiality. This is illegal and unethical.

July 1, 2009 at 9:48 pm |
  6. Sandree Ohh

Who really cares!! Farrah never got the coverage the Jack0 got and she was at least criminal FREE.

July 1, 2009 at 9:47 pm |
  7. Julian Maytum

Don't you guys have the least bit of shame going on and on about all this sucking the last cent out of his death you possibly can? What happened to the News portion of CNN? Freedom of the press didn't mean this kind of nonsense.

July 1, 2009 at 9:46 pm |
  8. Curious Beneficiary

Has any news agency obtained a copy of the documents for the Michael Jackson Family Trust? What is the trust established for? Who are the trustees? All the will does is establish custody of the children and pours over his estate into a trust? After the custody provision, the trust provision is the most important part. I'd be interested to see for whom and what the trust is established.

July 1, 2009 at 9:42 pm |
  9. Dwayne NC

Did they do a DNA test to confirm the identity of the body? The people that created him surely had some back up moldings lying around. Did anyone see Elvis around him lately? Being 500 million in debt is enough to make anyone do something stupid.

July 1, 2009 at 9:41 pm |
  10. Erik

Can anyone tell me why I should care about a pedophile freakazoid's life at all ?? Aren't their wars and injustices to cover?? Read a quick bio of Col. Edward McMahon who saved lives in WW II and Korea and then visited injured veterans every year. He then went on to a stellar career in television eventually becomming Johnny Carson's sidekick as well as having shows with Dick Clark. That's a class act. No thanks keep MJ and his BS, thank you.

July 1, 2009 at 9:36 pm |
  11. Leon

This is ridiculous. MJ is dead and his last will and testament is between him and the people in the will. This public airing of his will is a moral outrage. Let the man have the peace in death he was denied in life. Stop this debasement of his life.

July 1, 2009 at 9:36 pm |
  12. Debra

I too loved Michael Jackson and have been in tears, i feel very sad by his passing he had so much talent and gave so much of himself to the world. It is time that the world lets him R.I.P. Yes, we his fans bought his music saw his video's and enjoyed all that he had to give to the world, as hard as it is for us to let go we need to let the family mourn his lost. In the end Michael Jackson was someone's son, brother and father. The media did a good job in it's attack of Michael during his trials and behaviors, but if anyone had been living under the eye of the world they too would probably behave in strange ways. Michael was endless hounded by the press he had never been allowed to live as an ordinary person because he wasn't ordinary. The family should not allow the media anywhere close to their sons memorial service or burial, now all of a sudden the media can't get enough of Michael. I am sorry that he didn't have his estate in order and don't believe that the family will be squabbling over his estate or children. Now his children are becoming the focus of the media. I say leave them alone, get on with life people. Let Michael R.I.P.........Michael will never be forgotten his music will live on forever long after any of us is gone

July 1, 2009 at 9:35 pm |
  13. Sidharath Mahay

The scientists need to take DNA samples and clone him.

July 1, 2009 at 9:34 pm |
  14. Flo

My question is....Is there nothing else going on in the world that CNN has all this time to focus solely on Michael Jackson??

July 1, 2009 at 9:30 pm |
  15. rmg

Will the estate be able to generate enough income from sales of the Name, music, marketing, etc with out having to sell off items Jackson owns to pay his debts. One article I read this evening is talkin bankruptcy. I would think with the right handling of the assets they could generate enough income to pay off all debts.

July 1, 2009 at 9:28 pm |
  16. David

I am tired of Mr Jackson It does not affect me so what difference does his will make or anything else about him.

July 1, 2009 at 9:28 pm |
  17. SEAGULL

ENOUGH!!! His will and his children is/are the Jackson family business.....NOT OURS!!!

July 1, 2009 at 9:27 pm |
  18. Johnny

Did he leave anything for me?

July 1, 2009 at 9:25 pm |
  19. Jack

AC Jack: Why is CNN focusing on the death of a possibly psychologically unstable musician when three Middle Eastern Countries are in turmoil, and the efforts of thousands of US and Coalition forces are barely even covered during prime time news?

I have nothing against MJ; clearly he was exceptionally talented. However, I have trouble understanding why CNN opts to focus the bulk of its attention on him and relegate a few mere minutes per hour on the truly history-changing events in Iraq and Iran. Oh, by the way...there's also a big operation happening in Afghanistan, in case you missed it. If you want to cover MJ, fine; but lower the percentage of the time that you guys spend on it in favor of reporting to us something pertinent.

July 1, 2009 at 9:22 pm |
  20. andra johnson

How sad is this media circus surrounding michael jackson's death, especially since he shuned the media and did not like all the madness and negative attention. now they want to take his life and make a circus out of it to boost their ratings. i am so tired of seeing the mess the media is making of this man's death. have some respect for his life, his legacy and his family and let him rest in peace. If you ask me the media is what help play a part slowly over the years in his death by not giving him or his family any privacy. can you imagine how miserable and awful he must have felt not being able to go outside his door or have a moment of peace or privacy? everyone deserves to have some peace in their life no matter who they are, maybe now he will be able to have it, rest in peace michael, finally....rest in peace. as your song said "leave me alone"!!!

July 1, 2009 at 9:21 pm |
  21. Dennis Macintire

DMAC AC propofol is approved for use in more than 50 countries. it is commonly use in veterinary medicine.MJ surronded himself with exotic animals.IF he used it to sleep the people around him including debbie rowe may have had access to that product.

July 1, 2009 at 9:19 pm |
  22. lanray

I am so sick of this Michael Jackson stuff - bury the man and let's get on with life. He made NO impact on my life and certainly should not be considered a role model for anyone - a real freak! Please stop all of this media blitz - he is NOT a God. Actually a pathetic, insecure person who really screwed up his life and so many others. Just bury him and let' s move on.

July 1, 2009 at 9:19 pm |
  23. Willie Fields Jr

I am sorry that MJ had to leave this world in the manner he did, medical or otherwise. He is far better off now than with those who surrounded him, As for his father, he is a disgrace to the meaning of a father. RIP MJ

July 1, 2009 at 9:19 pm |
  24. Barbara

There is much speculation about Michael Jackson and drugs actually causing his death.

Is it not possible, since he is said to have had Lupis that he was "overconfident" about his physical abilities and tested them too much?

Many 45-50 year old men have made the mistake of thinking they could do as they did 20 years ago. Those are even people with much less severe health problems and much a much less stenuous occupation. The years of 45-50 are known as "fragile" years especially for the male sex.

July 1, 2009 at 9:18 pm |
  25. Bagu

MJ's death was karma, pure and simple.....and his family squabbling over his estate and children.....typical, and not suprising.

July 1, 2009 at 9:11 pm |
  26. Linda

I am very sad for the death on Michael. I pray for his children, pray for the best for them. I read on a local newspaper today in my country, that Jordan Chandler, the kid who accused MJ of sexual abuse said that it was all a lie that his father told him to do it, because they needed the money. He says he is sorry for doing it. I would like to know if this is true or not, I've been watching the news all day and haven't heard anything about this. Do you have any information on this??
    Thank you. Linda

July 1, 2009 at 9:05 pm |
  27. christine fournier

How long does this powerful drug they are talking about stay in the system. Could this drug show up in the drug test? Is this why there was such a long time before his dr. who was with him waited so long to call 911 and is this why he had Michael on the bed and not on the floor doing CPR. Could be that he knew all along why Michael was not breathing. So many unanwered questions.

July 1, 2009 at 8:42 pm |
  28. Renato Noveletto Machado

Last night, during the interview with the nurse that thewarning Michael Jackson about the risks of atken those drug you are almost to justified its you are an example for us all. Not only professionally speaking, but as human beings.
    We must always act with respect and education. Therefore AC360 ° is so successful. And for tonight I'm sure, You'll bring us this evening with latest and the most recent and reliable information on the death, the will and the latest omenagens that can be given to this great man who was Michael Jackson.
    (I apologise for my bad english)

July 1, 2009 at 8:42 pm |
  29. Sadia Islam

stop worrying about why his skin color is white. he had a skin disorder. DEAL WITH IT! what happen to "what matters is what is in the inside, not outside. inner beauty" i agree with some comments below lets talk about the good things he did in life. who cares what he did with his nose his straight hair blah blah. the man is dead lets speak good of him and good things he did throughout his life. god bless you michael. tune out the bad things they are saying.

July 1, 2009 at 7:44 pm |
  30. Barbara Baldwin

While I am saddened that Michael Jackson is gone, I am glad his music will remain. I am horrified that his father is so cold!I pray his children will go on to lead happy lives with love around them.
    I think AC 360 has handled all coverage well- I hope people who loved Jackson are allowed to Grieve, before the lawsuits and media scrutiny get out of hand.

Thanks Anderson, for your compassion,and care in coverage.Barbara B

July 1, 2009 at 7:34 pm |
  31. Jeanne

All this about MJ? Really? What if we put all this energy and passion into changing our world for the better? Perhaps we can get excited about seeing the starving fed, the oppressed set free, the marginalized lifted up. Here’s an idea, instead of spending $5 on a stuffed animal or candle or flowers to memorialize some piece of the earth we use that money to make a positive difference in someone’s life.

July 1, 2009 at 7:26 pm |
  32. Nicole

The 911 phone call that was made for MJ, how come no one ever said his name? And if his personal doctor was a so-called doctor, then shouldn't he have known the give CPR on the floor and not a bed?? And when asked if the doctor witnessed anything, he completely avoided the question and just told the ambulance to hurry up...

July 1, 2009 at 7:07 pm |
  33. LP

AEG Live are vultures

July 1, 2009 at 6:23 pm |
  34. LP

Lets not forget the hand the greedy London promoter had in all this. Booking all those shows back to back like that. Mj carries the largest production on the planet and that caliber of tour would be difficult on someone who is young and healthy let alone trying to make a come back. I fault them for putting such enormous pressure on MJ for their own self serving purposes.

July 1, 2009 at 6:18 pm |
  35. LP

I still question the ethics of Dr. Murray, paid to be a friend or doctor losing ethical awareness beyond negligence. He has to be a complete moron not to know his patients wellness was in jeopardy. A cardiologist getting paid 150K not to have a difibulator on hand is a large liability. MJ lierally gave his life to the music business when he suffered from the stage fall and pyro accidents. I am saddened he didn't get the help he truly needed, he really was a God gifted musical genius and talent.

July 1, 2009 at 5:55 pm |
  36. penney

AC – Why would the Cardiologist that was with Michael do chest compressions when Michael still had a pulse? My understanding of CPR is that if the patient has a pulse you need to focus on maintaining an airway and getting oxegen to them. Also, if a drug or opiate overdose was suspected, aren't there drugs that could have acted as an antidote. I believe an article I read mentioned a drug called Naloxone which is very effective in an overdose situation. Lastly, did the doctor check to see if the pupils were constricted, which is a sign of an overdose? Whatever kind of doctor this guy is, I would not want him treating myself or my loved ones.

July 1, 2009 at 5:46 pm |
  37. Mitch Fleitz

I need to get on this band wagon. Mr Jackson contacted me after learning I invented a do it yourself Dipirivan sleep kit and I was looking for investors. May I have 15 mins.

July 1, 2009 at 5:44 pm |
  38. Hunter

Mr. Cooper:

Question:
    Would it have been more expedient for Murray to dial 911 immediately upon discovering Michael in medical crisis and leave it to 911 professionals to "find" the home. I believe 911 Dispatch would have "figured" it out much faster then Murray by simply calling any LA media office? That's what 911 is for...they're really quite resourceful and training for such matters. Conrad Murray told LAPD that valuable time was losted while attempting to save Michael's life because Murray did not know the physical address of his most famous client in the world? Does that explanation make Murray sound like a charleton or quack?

July 1, 2009 at 5:23 pm |
  39. marilyn tate

In my medical experience(a former ccu nurse) Cardiologists are do quite a bit of yelling and screaming out orders -in an uncontrolled setting involving a cardiac arrest- involving someone as young and famous as Michael Jackson- ...that 911 call seemed quite sedate .

July 1, 2009 at 4:48 pm |
  40. marina andersson

Michael Jackson will be missed forever, he was a remarkable, gentle, kind person. If the rumours are true, about the doctor taking 30 minutes to call an ambulance, then this is horrible. It is common sense first thing you do is call 911, no matter what. I can't stand this, I wished Michael Jackson was still here, I feel so much for his famly and what they are going through. Michael left them too soon. My hearts go out them.

July 1, 2009 at 4:36 pm |
  41. Delilah

Why are you so obessed with "dirt" on Michael Jackson??? Why are you not talking about the Goodness of this man, like the 35 charities he belonged to? I use to like your show, but now I refuse to watch you and so many others are saying the same thing!

July 1, 2009 at 4:32 pm |
  42. mary

why didnt the people in this home helped him out the doctor of
    micheal jackson why didnt anybody notice.the should of rush him to
    the hositipal on wednesday and someone should of kept an eye on
    him he would be ok today and alive.i will miss him very much is
    was an wonder person just by looking at him.drugs he was taking
    whoever give it to him should be charged they just killed a singer pop king of the world he should of lived he wanted to live for people not
    to die i hope justice comes whoever did this to micheal jackson

July 1, 2009 at 4:31 pm |
  43. Karen

We were told that MJ did not allow children in his bedroom nor any staff.

If he was getting Deprivan than that makes sense. Only Dr. allowed in his room.

This Dr. needs to be called on carpet to answer these questions.

I heard Deprivan was found in his home.

July 1, 2009 at 4:27 pm |
  44. Grace

Who makes up or is part of MJ's Family Trust? Does this mean Joe will get some of MJ's money. I sincerely hope not. He is an evil man. Also, I like the idea of having Neverland like the next Graceland, but didn't MJ say he never wanted to go back there? There was a certain "innocence" to that place that got taken away during the trials. Maybe in his death, Neverland can be resurrected to what MJ always wanted it to be – a happy place for him, his fans, and now for the world.

July 1, 2009 at 4:25 pm |
  45. Bill Mitchell

The incessant coverage of MJ by CNN has aproached the level of intractable nausea. Enough already!

July 1, 2009 at 4:21 pm |
  46. Brigid Radford

Why wasn't Michael able to (or willing) to find competent medical help to treat his insomnia? Insomnia is terrible and I myself can't sleep without taking standard sleeping pills. My doctor is working with me to figure out what hormonal or body chemistry imbalance could be the cause. Is it possible that standard sleeping pills did not work for MJ? Is there a sleep expert out there who can address this common problem? Why wasn't Michael more open to Deepak's approach for overcoming a sleeping problem or didn't his approach work for Michael?

July 1, 2009 at 4:09 pm |
  47. Maria Fonseca

In hearing the 911 call my first thought was:: Why didn't the caller say it was Micheal Jackson he was calling the emergency about !!

July 1, 2009 at 3:59 pm |
  48. Terri in CA

Since Michael enjoyed having his children around him so much, where were the children at the hour of MJ's death? Why would Mrs. Jackson have to buy sleeping bags for the kids when they have so many rooms in the "compound"? Who all lives at the compound? How many cousins are there? Since Marlin got most of the beatings when they were growing up, whatever happened to Marlin and how does he view Michael's death? Is Joe Jackson still part of the Family Trust? Does he make an income from the Family Trust? My heart goes to to Mrs. Jackson having lost her baby boy. I'm so sorry. I can't help to think that Joe ran Michael into the ground. Way to go Joe! Was it worth it? I think Michael was very courageous to try and live the way he wanted despite world critics. He was a great artist and I'll miss him too.

July 1, 2009 at 3:53 pm |
  49. Ruth Cherrick

AC – during your program last night one of CNN's reporters commented that the second autospy of Michael Jackson, by the family, had been completed. He questioned why the family has not yet released results. I object to this! It is my understanding that unless the death is related to a criminal investigation or a public health concern, the reason for death does not have to be released to the public by either the medical examiner or the family. Although there are now geneology sites advertising that they can get you copies of death certificates, a certified death certificate listing the medical reasons for the death can only be released by the State when you can prove your relationship to the person who has died. I know this first-hand because I needed my mother's death certificate and could not get it unless I could prove my relationship. We should be entitled to some privacy – even in our death.. Thank you, Ruth
    (I apologize for posting this twice but I'm just learning how to get messages to you...thanks)

July 1, 2009 at 3:50 pm |
  50. june buultjens

I have been anxiously searching for the comments of the dancers of the MJ rehearsal as was mentioned in last night's CNN news by AC, but find none. Please help as I was really looking forward to reading the comments of the traumatized dancers upon hearing of the death of MJ the next day.

-june-