July 1st, 2009

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 07/01/09

Tonight on 360°, why a public memorial for Michael Jackson won't be held at his Neverland ranch. Plus, who's named and who's not in Jackson's will. If you have a question about Jackson's estate text it to 94553. The message must start with the letters AC, and then a space, then your name and question. If you do not include AC first with a space, we will not receive your text.

Want to know what else we're covering tonight? Read EVENING BUZZ

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

And take a look at our live web camera from the 360° studio. Watch the WEBCAM

Filed under: Live Blog • T1
  1. Suzanne or Suzane or whatever ..,Sane

HI ! I want copies of all of the posts I so graciously contributed to your blog, the most original I have ever seen. At least I think I have ever seen, and want them sent to my email for safe keeping. yours truly..,The Dog., Oh We need them for the City Paper down here in the Place of total Lusty Lusty Politics..,toodle lou little buttercup!

July 2, 2009 at 9:12 am |
  2. Hiwot

RIP to the King!

July 2, 2009 at 9:05 am |
  3. Dolly Russell

Hello, not sure if my last message was recieved.
    So ... here goes.
    I love CNN and Anderson Cooper !! I have been watching CNN for 8 now and love that I can catch up on what is happening all over the world.
    I am a proud Canadian, yet I am even more proud of being an "earthling". With the world so connected today we are more symbiotic than ever. So here is the other shoe; I am an Elvis fan and when we lost him I was only 10 years old but knew in my heart that the world would never be the same!! I understand the interest and most of this is sick curiosity unfortunately, but I and I am sure others are actually reaching for the remote as you cannot seem to go more than 10 minutes without hearing about it. It is similiar to showing 911 over and over again, we become conditioned and it means nothing more than something on tv and not quite real. I feel it is time to move on, to be honest it is hard to see a man shop like he did when those purchases would nicely feed many children in Darfur (whats up there lately anyway). What is happening to the people running for their lives in Pakistan and don't even get me going about Afganastan. As a proud Canadian, for the last 5 years or so I have seen over 110 Canadian Soldiers being brought home via the " Highway of Heroes " ( a stretch of the 401 that has been dubbed so due to the route of repatriation.) I think it is time to get back to what is happening all over the world, I for one would like to keep my eye on North Korea and whatever crazy stuff they have planned and what is happening in Iran. I tune into Anderson Cooper and Tony Harris and all the rest to get a world view and I know it is bigger than L.A and Neverland. Leave it in the hands of the family, friends and fans now. Entertainment tonight can catch the rest. CNN is bigger than this!!!

July 2, 2009 at 8:33 am |
  4. Dolly Russell

Hello

First off, I love CNN ; the usual abundance of information, both domestic and foriegn is inspiring. I have played at the radio game (just volunteer) but still at least on the sidelines !! I know that you need to keep up with fresh ideas and with the world as it is today with the internet and cell phones that will drive home for you if... well I digress , I know it is important to keep your audience listening. I have been tuned every morning for years now ; I look forward to my first coffee and a catch up !! Well this is the other shoe ; as an Elvis fan I do understand what it is to lose someone you love but never met, difficult to explain, I was 10 when we lost him and even then I knew the world had changed, yet the coverage that you are affording Michael Jackson honestly US is taking a more direct approach in Afganastan, which is frightening , yet I feel necessary. North Korea is warming up for "God knows what", and how are things in Iran ? And the mass exodus of the people running for their lives in Pakistan , whats going on their ! Oh and then there is that pesky little problem in Africa ! Guys ; I wish Mr Jacksons' family and friends and fans my sympathies . I hope the his poor tortured soul is now at peace !! Now it is time to get back to the news , I am sorry but I am sure I am not the only one who feels this way. Get back to what you do best, showing us the world through your eyes and it is much larger than L.A. It is difficult to care about watching a man stroll through a store and buy enough stuff to feed all the children in Africa.

July 2, 2009 at 7:43 am |
  5. niloo arbab

Why r u guys trying to ignore Iran,there is no news other than MJ death in the world,beacause in the other part of the world in Iran people are still being beated and killed,is that really "the world is watching".

No I don't think so, I think Iran purposely being ignored

July 2, 2009 at 7:20 am |
  6. pinksalpicao

it's like we never learn. doctors administering drugs like propofol and the like should realize the further consequences of just merely giving in to their client's request.

MJ will be missed but let us not forget the mem'ries he has left behind-his music and more importantly, his love and passion for helping out those in need. A TRUE HUMANITARIAN.

July 2, 2009 at 6:33 am |
  7. Tammy, Houma, LA

Use words and not fists. They must have missed that lesson in pre-k. Good night all.

July 1, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  8. Isabel, Brazil

Good night Anderson
    Good nigh David (Indiana)

Good night everyone!

See you tomorrow.... good rest!

July 1, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  9. Taylor

lmao, I'd pay to see Erica throw a punch at someone.

July 1, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  10. David, Indiana

I'm sure the Afghans and the Iraqis are thankful for the presence of US troops. For the Afghans, I'm sure life light years better than under the Taliban, same for people in Iraq, way way better than under Saddam Hussein, but civilians in Afghanistan have suffered incredibly, and Iraq has know grievous strife. Thank God the stick an stay strategy that Michael Ware mentioned seems to be working. Are the 2million internally displaced people in Iraq on their way home?

The story of the young girl on the Yemeni flight is amazing, incredible determination to hold on for 13 hours in the ocean.

Good night Isabel, good night everyone

July 1, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  11. Isabel, Brazil

Very funny............ 🙂

July 1, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  12. Isabel, Brazil

Does the reporter should not continue to be serious? 🙂

July 1, 2009 at 10:59 pm |