June 30th, 2009
  1. Ms. Bernstein

We are all very sad about Michael's passing. It is a tremendous loss, however, even in death-MJ has the enablers around him-passing the buck, not answering the questions, and reminding us that the truth is hard to swallow. Michael's brilliance will always be with us-through his music, his passion for caring and loving others, and most importantly, his ability to transcend all age groups, demographics, and cultures. How could he rehearse the night before and then pass the next morning-something is terribly wrong here. If AEG filmed the last few weeks of rehearsals and they are in the can-then maybe even the visual pictures of MJ will answer some of these questions. I pray for you MJ-May your soul be at peace in a caring place.

July 1, 2009 at 1:58 am |
  2. HeatherCory

My heart is broken... I remember sitting in my room at the age of 9 years old and hearing BEAT IT for the first time on my radio! I moment I will forever hold on to! He was an amazing musician and we need to remember him for all the good he brought into this world! What a trajic ending to an amazing artist..

July 1, 2009 at 1:58 am |
  3. Renee' Baumgartner

Anderson,

Please continue to dig into the story to uncover the truth about how Michael died. Something does not seem right. 30 minutes to call 911?? I have a cell phone and I don't live in a mansion. Please keep digging, we are watching YOU to uncover the truth. Something doesn't seem right.

Thank you for your continued passion for the truth.

July 1, 2009 at 1:55 am |
  4. vanessa anaheim, ca

Let us all now take a look at our own drug habits, no matter what the drug. This could be you, me, your mom, your dad, your sister, your brother, an icon. It does not matter because, drugs do not discriminate.

July 1, 2009 at 1:52 am |
  5. jan

I was in 3rd form in Jamaica when I watched Thriller,I remember it like it was yesterday, the school hall was jam packed. I am saddened and heart broken. I can only take comfort that MJ will find peace cause he had a good heart.

July 1, 2009 at 1:44 am |
  6. Sheila Johnson

I'm a fan of this talent man it's so sad that he had to leave this world so soon.We all know that he is resting peacefully no pain now God Bless you Micheal Jackson.

July 1, 2009 at 1:28 am |
  7. Terry Rivera

There will never be another Michael Jackson!!!! I grew up with his music but there is truth in a old saying You dont know what you have until it is gone. Michael is a great loss to the music business, I wish I could have met him, and I wish he would of had someone to be there in his time of need, and to hold his hand to comfort him. God be with you Michael.

July 1, 2009 at 1:12 am |
  8. Amy

Why doesn't the family have Michael Jackson's funeral at a big stadium in Los Angeles and then let all the singers and pastors that were close to Michael sing and speak there? It would be the best place for big crowds. They could recreate the "We Are the World" song again. They could also raise money for hunger too.

The funeral should be big like James Brown's. This would give closure to the fans.

July 1, 2009 at 1:06 am |
  9. Thersa Collins

are actual people who have pure love for people. Just think, he will not half to hear the lips of hateful people Ever Again!!!!!!

Rest In Peace MJ, I Love You!!

July 1, 2009 at 1:00 am |
  10. Amy

To Michael Jackson- Thank you for the MAGIC, the MEMORIES, and the MUSIC. May you rest in eternal peace. You were such a sweet caring soul that was too sensitive and so misunderstood for this world. You have gone much too soon from us but your legacy will live on and the good that you have done will prevail. My prayers go out to the Jackson family for strength to endure and cope during this difficult time.

July 1, 2009 at 12:51 am |
  11. Anita Williams

even though im seeing and hearing everything about my childhood icon, i cant seem to wrap my brain around the fact that he's gone!!!!

July 1, 2009 at 12:50 am |
  12. Thersa Collins

Hey 360,

Thanks for allowing Michael's true fans speak. I will forever love and miss you M.J..May you finally rest away from all the negative hateful people who could not appreciate that there

July 1, 2009 at 12:47 am |
  13. Karen

I grew up with Michael because we are only 4 years apart and even my children grew up knowing who he was and what a great entertainer he was. My son who was 8 yrs. old at the time, was very interested in his life and the way he danced and his wonderful kind spirit. He started collecting everything he could get his hands on from magazines to albumns and clothing. He had all kinds of posters on his bedroom wall and he had a t-shirt that stated "I love (with a picture of a heart) Michael Jackson". He would try to do his moonwalk dance with his stocking feet across the floor and it was sooo cute to watch! Now we are all heart broken to loose such a talented man, there will never be another like him, he put everything he had into his music and dance and I really feel that he was most comfortable on stage because he was free to express himself and everyone would stop and listen and watch- WHAT A GIFT HE HAD! We will all miss you and always have a special place in our hearts for you that no one else can fill. Peace and Love to all the Jackson family and may God be with you always.

July 1, 2009 at 12:46 am |
  14. shawnie

Oh God I'm crying here.....I can't even function well watching CNN talk about MJ.....I pray he's with God and finally resting. RIP Michael. We'll miss you 🙁

July 1, 2009 at 12:39 am |
  15. Robbie l Trumbo Sr

Dear: Anderson Cooper,
    how come CNN cut the first tape on the 911 call, they cut a womans vocie,that was heard in the back ground on the fisrt tape that was played. a woman voice was heard on the fisrt tape who was that, in the back ground, because when listening to 911 phone call, there was a womans in the room with micheal at the time talking to 911 was she the docter voice in back ground of the tape. Because what that tells me is, that some of stuff you guys are saying on CNN is not true about Micheal Jackson.

July 1, 2009 at 12:29 am |
  16. June

Writing this still does not really allow me to feel the impact of Michael's departure. I haven't cried yet, I am numb. I know the flood gates will open soon.

Many Years agoI saw Michael at the Victory Tour in Toronto and since then I have been his girlfriend. (he didn't know it, but I was). Every New Year, I would say "I Love You Michael"; I will continue to say so.

To his family, my deepest sympathies, especially to his children. My God continue to be with them.

I love you Michael, always and forever.

July 1, 2009 at 12:22 am |
  17. nanette

I agree with Allison's comment on the dancers chosen and all their hard work only to be in the ranks of the unemployed now. It appears that it would have been a fantastic tour. Maybe they can perform for us on "So You Think You Can Dance" which is indicative of the wonderful talent it takes to compete and perform at their level. Prayers and love to Michael's mother and family on the loss of a son and brother.

July 1, 2009 at 12:21 am |
  18. theresa

I have been a fan of Michael since he started as a child. Hugh fan, favorite first song Ben. I am really glad that I could get Cnn tonight . Last night I had to watch the Grace chick and the show after hers because for some reason I could not get CNN on my cable station.
    I just wish that they would not sit there and have a 4 – 6 people group argument on speculation. The fans want to hear the facts.They waste soooo much time on non important material it is rediculous. I appreciate your show and the reporting you guys do Keep it real.

God bless the Jackson family and Rest in peace Michael.

July 1, 2009 at 12:20 am |
  19. DMP out of Pittsburgh

You know something......I been watching all the news and things that are going on and I can say one thing, Im glad for CNN and the good job they are doing on not bashing him like I seen on other channels. Im not living this morning, noon or night but it is sad. Remember him for his talents and not for what no one is really sure of. But we are sure of one thing, him being the "King of Pop".
    And I like what Karin Contovasilis had to say a few blogs ago!

Daniel

Let the man finally rest..........

July 1, 2009 at 12:17 am |
  20. yvonne roberson

Michael and Janet seemed very close! It would be a wonderful fulfilment of Michael's last dream if Janet Jackson would complete the tour for Michael! I sure hope she will consider this for her brother. How special that would be!!!

July 1, 2009 at 12:07 am |
  21. diane beekharry

i have been watching ur show since MJ died...great coverage nd handled very respectfully...the man deserves all the respect nd luv that his fans can give him.....

July 1, 2009 at 12:06 am |
  22. roary h

Anderson,My heart is so heavy,this is a loss from deep down. I am a fan also and i love michael jackson, i feel so sad for HIS babies, and they are as far as we such be concerned his babies. They will miss him more than we ever could. to them he was and always will be "just my daddy".To : Mrs K. Jackson we sent our prayers and say thank you for letting us love your son also. To: His brothers and sisters i am so sorry for your loss and my heart goes out to you.Michael rest in peace , you were the best there was/ never to be replaced !!!!!!!!!!!!

July 1, 2009 at 12:05 am |
  23. rocknewm

i am 40 years old and grew up listening, watching and enjoying mj my entire life. i cannot believe he is gone and it feels as if a part of me is gone forever.
    mj was a troubled soul and i hope he finds peace in death. may he rest in peace and my sympathy goes out to his family.

July 1, 2009 at 12:05 am |
  24. Vera L. Cheeks

One of my favorite songs is "YOU GIVE ME BUTTERFILIES" Michael that is what you are now a butterfly. I can just see you now smiling, spinning, singing, and just laughing up there in those clouds, now you can spread your wings beautifully, and freely with no hurt, judgment, or pain. Michael soar like Peter Pan with one glove in your hand and our hearts in the other.

My heart is so, so heavy with deep sadness that you are "GONE TO SOON".. We will keep your memory alive. People need to look at the "MAN IN THE MIRROR" (themselves) and let you finally have some peace. You are the "BADDEST"... And no one could and ever will "ROCK WITH YOU" "YOU ARE NOT ALONE" Michael; we loved "THE WAY YOU MADE US FEEL", from low to high "BLACK OR WHITE". It is a "THRILLER" feeling to watch you perform and that will always stay with me. Our love for you Michael will never "STOP BECAUSE WE DIDN'T GET ENOUGH"
    Your life on this earth was done, and you "HEALED THE WORLD" with your songs... but....
    This is not it!!!! Your next journey is just beginning and it will be so smooth like a slick "SMOOTH CRIMINAL"that will make you say wow!!! I’m finally here....Dear Micheal "I WANT YOU BACK". But your in heaven now and one day I'll see you again because "'I’LL BE THERE!!!!!

Sleep in heavenly peace!!!!

Be strong Jackson family your king will live on forever, our love, and prayers are forever with you. "R.I.P. MY KING, MY MAN.. MR. MICHEAL JACKSON"

July 1, 2009 at 12:04 am |
  25. mg

It seems everyone now has something to say...where were these people when he really needed someone to save him from these drugs? I wish the best for MJ's mom. mg

July 1, 2009 at 12:04 am |
  26. Suzanne

I love the fact that this video has been posted but what I think the media need to do is speak more positive and good stuff about the late MJ and stop all those negative sayings about him.......We love you MJ and you will live with us forever.....

July 1, 2009 at 12:00 am |
  27. David Brannon

Anderson and Larry

I ask you please lay off on Michael Jackson this man has sufferd enough let him rest in peace, God will not bless you for the hype you keep putting out there about his past. Let his family be in peace ,it is not up to us to know "who the real father is" or "how he died and if it was drug related" PLEASE STOP THIS GOD DOES NOT LIKE THIS AT ALL! and his mother is in enough pain!

God bless you!

July 1, 2009 at 12:00 am |
  28. Esther Lemaiyan

As much as i'm hurting from the loss of Micheal Jackson my heart goes out to those young artists who were getting ready to grace the stage with MJ, that was a chance of a lifetime and its gone.., i feel them and the pain is soo real. Death is such a monster i can't get over it!!

Rest in Peace Micheal we will greatley miss you!

June 30, 2009 at 11:59 pm |
  29. katherine Markakis

Hello Anderson

Loved mj grew up with his music may he rest in peace if there
    is heaven I wish that he is already there.
    A big fan from Canada

June 30, 2009 at 11:58 pm |
  30. Anthony Ching

Michael Jackson's life is unravelling right before our eyes. His story is getting sadder and sadder. A tormented and tortured soul who deserves better in life. He paid an awful price for being an iconic celebrity.

June 30, 2009 at 11:57 pm |
  31. Bev

The short clips of the auditions are so exciting....and yet leave us with the feeling of wanting more....so much more. I can't imagine the shock or personal heartbreak of each of those dancers. Knowing they had achieved perhaps a dream come true, only to have it end in a horrible nightmare. If only....if only we could see him just one more time. That is always what we think when a loved one passes away, isn't it? if only we could see them, one more time.........

June 30, 2009 at 11:56 pm |
  32. jang

Michael Jackson, a true legend.

June 30, 2009 at 11:55 pm |
  33. Yvonne

The only truth is that which came from MJ about his family may he RIP!
    Leave him along enough is enough!

June 30, 2009 at 11:54 pm |
  34. Chelsea McLean

Michael Jackson was one great human being with extra ordinary talents. We should be so lucky to handle our own lives any better then Michael Jackson handled his. With more love, sensitivity, generosity, and the ability to unit people of the world. This is a great feat for one child, grown into a man with the heart of a child, which was hard to understand but too easy to criticize. I pray for all of his family and hope that Michael can look down and see he was loved beyond all of the drama which makes news. His legacy of his children, music, dance and sole will live on.

June 30, 2009 at 11:52 pm |
  35. Sheila Campbell

Help me here in Wichita, Kansas! I am going crazy with all this negative coverage!! Where are the positive reporters who can find out what charities he has contributed to? And go figure, the press has been having a hey day with this oxygen chamber that Michael could afford back in the day and here Oprah rolls one out on her show today with Dr. Oz and I hear noone saying how weird and crazy they are????
    Since I moved back here for my parents from an acting career in LA, you keep me grounded! Thanks, Anderson!!!

June 30, 2009 at 11:52 pm |
  36. Heidi Rae

****** To Everyone that see's this comment and watches Anderson's Broadcast.*******

Michael Jackson was the worlds Icon to many. To his family he was family and to his fans were just people that loved his moves in dance and his talent of music. But to me and many others he was a person that gave the world an insite of helping others, and being there for many with his words of his music lyrics. There is no one out there that had Michael Jacksons craft in the way he made his music touch so many around the world. That is why he will be missed forever in all of our heats that Loved Michael Jackson so Much. So Just remember this we all go somewere when our number is up. And the only one that knows of that time that were not spose to be on this earth anymore is the one and only Father we all have in this world . He always knows what we do from the time were born to the time we go away to meet him. God in Heaven

Think about it that is for Real. God Bless you Michael Jackson My Friend His Angel is among us all believe this.

Heidi Rae

June 30, 2009 at 11:48 pm |
  37. Paula / Philadelphia Pa.

I do believe this nurse however she needs to contact the police.

June 30, 2009 at 11:44 pm |
  38. EYElene

I logged on here because Anderson said there were reactions by the dancers but I don't see any on this site.
    However, I must say how angry I felt to see the father Joe out at the BET awards laughing and shaking hands as if nothing ever happened.
    It looked as if he was having a ball and when he started plugging his new record company it was totally SHAMELESS!
    At least Janet was tearful and sad. But that father is a horrible man.
    It's his fault that Michael had such a sad insecure life to begin with.
    I hope he gets what he deserves even though it might be too late.
    He's an old man who lived off his son's fame and fortunate.

June 30, 2009 at 11:34 pm |
  39. Jessica

Watching Michael perform is uplifting. I hope that his life was not as lonely as it is being shown. Sensitivity in his art is what I'll remember.

June 30, 2009 at 11:32 pm |
  40. sue wals

I have been watching the coverage for the past several days and have lots of thoughts...... I really am wondering why no one has done better with the promotions in London and the upcoming events. why give all the tickets back and lose lots of money??? If I had paid for the ticket because I was this really huge fan I would be thrilled and honored to still go to the event if they did it right..like do an honor night of Michael use his videos do something special and make it awesome!!! in fact use the dancers that have been training for it and let them do a tribute..... come on there has got to be someone out there promoting this that can do right by the fans and also honoring him for his family and kids in a tribute that really shows the legacy he has left.... I can help if they need.........Yea!! thanks for the work you do.

June 30, 2009 at 11:31 pm |
  41. ROBYN LAWRENCE

REST IN PEACE DEAR MICHAEL,

June 30, 2009 at 11:30 pm |
  42. chanell lockhart

mj is a very kind and genorous person. although he is dead he will always be remebered by many including me and his legacey will live on. he is my role model and idol. my graditude goes out to his kids and family..

June 30, 2009 at 11:29 pm |
  43. chanell lockhart

mj is a very kind and genorous person. although he is dead he will always be remebered by many including me and his legacey will live on. he is my role model and idol. my graditude goes out to his kids and family.mj is gone but not forgotten.MICHAEL JACKSON.........

June 30, 2009 at 11:27 pm |
  44. britney

I just celebrated my 20th birthday on the 24th of june, just a day after i was stunned with this traggic news. I am emotionally devasted not only for me, but the family, especialy his mom, his kids, and especially the millions of fans worldwide who loved and supported MJ, throughout his lifetime! Am from Jamaica, people here jus as everywhere else cant stop talking about his sudden passing. I wish he would have lived to even do one tour, i really wonder how hard it must have been for these dancers to hear the devastating news, i know i surely would have had a panic attack. am still in love with MJ, people like him come around only once in a lifetime, a legend, an icon, a man who broke down many boundaries, a great man, n he is truly missed! I really hope he is finally at rest and his soul may live in peace. I know there will forever be more controversial issues arising as the days go by about his death and so on, but he is gone now, just letthe man be..LOVE YOU Michael!

June 30, 2009 at 11:23 pm |
  45. Tosan Ajuyah

A life without Jesus is futile irrespective of the millions of enconium you get from people.
    Hope my friend Micheal finally accepted Jesus?
    would miss him still.

June 30, 2009 at 11:21 pm |
  46. Catsplace

Let the poor man rest in peace, he had none in his life. Digging up all this craziness is not helping. Do we really need to know all this? Nothing that is going to be found out now will bring him back. Let what is left of his family have the privacy and dignity they are due. He turned into the person he was because so many asked so much of him. May God Bless Michael and fold him into his arms and give him the peace he could not find on this earth.

June 30, 2009 at 11:20 pm |
  47. Ghada

I will never forget Michael Jackson he will always be remembered, I grew up with his music loved everything he did, He was not only the greatest dancer, singer, entertainer but a great humman being as well, He was very generouse, full of love, had a beautifull and a wonderful heart, so no matter what the media say I really dont believe anything and he really didnt diserve all that was said about him, he will be missed so much, I just wish now that he is gone to be left alone. I will always love you Michael you are the best ever.

June 30, 2009 at 11:16 pm |
  48. Liz

Almost impossible to believe that MJ disappeared from our midst so suddenly. I hope to see a DVD of the rehearsals, and his new video. Greatest popular artiste of all time.

June 30, 2009 at 11:16 pm |
  49. Paula

Mr. Cooper you are a very good journalist. I want to know if Michael was given a drug to sleep and doctor observed him while sleeping would the doctor be liable for his death?

June 30, 2009 at 11:14 pm |
  50. zatty

to all good things must come to an end, heartfelt sadness and lots of tears

R.I. P