June 30th, 2009
  1. Cyndi

The reality of Michael"s death is just settling in. I am sadder as the days go by. I really wish I could have seen him in concert. Rest in peace.

June 30, 2009 at 11:13 pm |
  2. Ric

Like the comet shooting across the night-time sky, or the brightest star that's long extinquished light years before you see it, Michael was to be forever young. To have accomplished all that he had, since the age of "5", what more could he have done that would have surpassed his genius talent achievment? We all fear old age, sickness and death...better to go with the audience wanting more. We'll love you forever MJ...the music and videos live on.

June 30, 2009 at 11:12 pm |
  3. Dyanne

Thank you Anderson for your very humane coverage of this weeks events with Michael Jackson. I am a very big fan of yours and admire the discreet and gentle way you cover many of the "Hollywood" type of stories. Please let me say that I, along with many of my friends in Montreal, were disgusted with the way Joe Jackson behabed over the last few days. What was he doing at the BET Awards????Who cares about this abusive man..NOBODY...An 80 year old man accompanied by burly bodyguards, wearing an earring..what is that all about??The bottom line is Michael, he is no longer here, and my memories of him, putting a smie on my face, and a step in my feet when I hear his music will always be ther. He is to me what Frank Sinatra was to my Mom. My deepest and most sincere sympathies go out to Mrs.Jackson, his sisters, Janet, and LaToya, Hs brothers, and most of all to his little "Pumpkins". May Michael be happy with Mr.Fred Astaire.

Dyanne

June 30, 2009 at 11:11 pm |
  4. Liisa K.

I wish that those around Michael took better care of him and kept close observation on him. They knew full well that he was not feeling well. I resent that his physician did not immediately call 911. He stated he had his cell phone. I believed home addresses pop up on the screen of the 911 operator once you phone for help. IT MAKES ME SICK THAT THEY ALLOWED THIS VERY VERY SPECIAL AND BEAUTIFUL PERSON DIE. The doctor was negligent and the morons around Michael should have taken immediate action.

June 30, 2009 at 11:11 pm |
  5. martin

my family and i are very sadden of michael's passing he had an affect on me and my grandkids and my children that no other could bring out. we loved him very much and he will be deeply missed.our hearts go out to his mother and his family and his children. please stay strong and always together. michael R.I.P we love you always!

June 30, 2009 at 11:11 pm |
  6. M.A.

The man just passed away , please let them stop making money out of him ...they ripped him apart when he was alive and they are digging for some more . Let him rest in peace , stop with all these commercial merchandising buying things and labeling it as a Tribute ....Mr. Cooper, if all these artists cared about him so much that they feel the urge to join hands in a tribute concert , they should've stood by him in front of the whole world to prove how innocent he was . The time where he needed them, now he doesnt because he is in a better place. Mr. Cooper, please consider how media speculating of MJ as a bad person during his lifetime and even after his death , wants nothing more than money. Please consider how they used to call him "wako jacko" and now the legacy. These type of things make me ashamed of being part of the human race...its alll about the money!

June 30, 2009 at 11:10 pm |
  7. thresa allert

I grew up with Michael born the same year dancing to his music see him rise and people rip him apart. He was way ahead of his time. i never believed the stories about him even to the end. I will always love you Michael rest in peace.

June 30, 2009 at 11:09 pm |
  8. Harriet

Why is it that every time I turn around CNN is reporting so much negativity on Michael Jackson?? I have not heard one reporter from CNN or you news people talk about how Much Money Michael Jackson has given to charity, nor of all the people he has helped in his lifetime. It seems CNN has made it an open season on Michael Jackson, reporting all the negativity and acting as if they are trying to prove that Michael Jackson was a dead beat and nothing. Instead of waiting for the reports to come in from the autopsies, it seems CNN has gone crazy with all these rumors, accusations that have not even been proven. Fine CNN, Just great, all this about a Man that has passed, that had children and a family he has left behind, that is not here to defend himself, bringing all these idiots out of the wood works and you can see that most of them smell money an inch a way from their noses and pockets.. It's really a shame that such a talented innovator as Michael Jackson was, is not given any kind of Respect.

June 30, 2009 at 11:09 pm |
  9. JANE DOE

I think its sad how people are dragging Micheal's name in the ground like this! Why they not talking about how much he helped the poor and needy, helped children all over the world, invited complete strangers in his house so they could feel like they had a chance in life, all the charities he helped, recored songs to help children in africa, or how he would dress up and go in downtown L.A. to give poor people money!! I dont see anybody doing that. I dont see why they are so worried about a will thats not any of their damn business! Or how he kept changing his damn face "And" if he was happy why should we judge him. They need to be talking about how we as people can keep his legancy alive and tell evan more people around the world how Micheal Jackson really is not how the media is portraying him to be. He is a legend and nobody else will top that!! I love you Micheal and hope you can rest and peace!!

And to that damn nurse who is lying needs to stop because why would they call her ass after three months....come on now!! She just trying tro get a name!!

June 30, 2009 at 11:08 pm |
  10. marie-clare

Video is truly too short....I kept replaying it too. It would be wonderful to make a short story on these final rehearsals. Such a great human being, talented beyond description as a singer, dancer, performer....i never believed all the nasty rumours....his father is a beast who robbed him of his childhood and he just loved having kids around him. You can see the love on his face whenever a child was in his arms. MJ you will be missed throughout the world for all time and your music will live on forever! May God grant you eternal rest and finally some peace in His loving arms. Listen to his lyrics....they speak mountains for all to hear!

June 30, 2009 at 11:07 pm |
  11. Jessica misses michael

I cant believe he died. He did so many good things and he will always be in our memory. He made a mark in music history and he will always and forever be the legendary king of pop!!!

June 30, 2009 at 11:06 pm |
  12. Dora G

Regardless of how people felt/feel about Michael Jackson – and, if they felt he was/wasn't guilty of those things he has been accused of throughout the years. The facts don't change – and, that is that he was never found guilty of any of those accusations and, more importantly no one can refute that this man was truly a NATIONAL TREASURE! And, sadly it took something like this for Americans to come to that realization that only a few were willing to admit while he was alive. I wish for him peace on his journey to heaven. And, for his family I wish for you the strength that it takes to bear the pain and emptiness that you are undoubtedly feeling. I am a Michael Jackson fan and have been more than half of my life. His Legacy will be his music – which knows no boundaries and that it didn't matter if he was black or white – he united all people! Godspeed Michael – We Will Love You and Your Music Forever!

June 30, 2009 at 11:06 pm |
  13. Karen Uboldi

Anderson,
    What a shame that the media is treating this as a circus act and showing no respect at all. It's no wonder that MJ never granted the media an interview. Even you, what would the media find in your home if you were to die tomorrow? Why is it so importnat to know what is in thed drawers, closets and other rooms in the house. It's an invasion of privacy and I resent it. The fans are the only people that cared about MJ.

Is his father making a circus out of the fineral with white carriage and having a viewing at Neverland. How shameful.......

He deserves more respect and appreciation for the man he was and what he did for the world of entertainment.

MJ was a timid man and he really couldn't trust anyone and now it shows with his finances and will, possibly so out of date, from 2003, it will only create more of a circus.

I hear that Justin Timberlake has been approached to do the tour in his memory and Madonna has charmed in with a performance on the show also. The dances are already trained and know the routine, it would be in MJ honor to take the show on the road for him and finish the last hurrah.

This is a crime the way things are being handled.

June 30, 2009 at 11:06 pm |
  14. fran

they need to leave him alone they critizied him in life and now in death, let his spirit be

June 30, 2009 at 11:05 pm |
  15. lori

I watched VH1 & MTV Michael Jackson music videos all last weekend, mostly shown without all the comment & breaking tragic after death news. Michael's body of work speaks for him. His work always will be an amazing testament to his own genius, an artistic monument to himself, to us and to our times.....history will enshrine him as are DaVinci, Mozart...........etc.

June 30, 2009 at 11:04 pm |
  16. Linda Taylor

I think Michael Jackson was one of the best dancer and singer of all times. I wish i could of met and talked to him that would of been the greatest thing in the world i would of cherised it forever. And who cares what he done in his private life it was his private life noone elses. If he did pass away because of pills that is a terrible and sad tragedy to happen to the man that was well loved throughout the world. And also who cares if those kids were not his real kids to them he was there dad and you do not actually have to be the biological father to be called a Dad . So many biological fathers are not even worth being called a Dad all these killings we are hearing about they were not worth being a Dad. But Michael was there Dad and they loved him as a Dad because he showed them what a FATHER IS .Michael you will always be remembered and loved Linda Taylor

June 30, 2009 at 11:03 pm |
  17. Monica Law

Mr. Cooper you are a most honest journalist, especially in the coverage of Michael Jackson. Thank you for being kind to ALL the Jacksons in their time of sorrow.

June 30, 2009 at 11:03 pm |
  18. Rachelle (Michigan)

OMG. I was moved to tears to see the dancers from the tour MJ was planning, and Michael meeting them. If it were me, I would have started crying profusely! I still cannot believe Michael is gone. OMG. It's surreal. I've been crying off and on, through all the touching coverage of MJ that has occured. This TOUR was poised to be the best Tour that Michael has ever done. Oh Wow. All the CNN coverage, I have been constantly recording every single nite. Anderson, you have done a great job. Thank You very much. I've enjoyed the entire CNN team from the daily news, to Campbell Brown to you, AC360. The sum total of the coverage made me self reflect to people in my own life - we need to take care of and confront our own friends/family to keep them balanced and from going down paths that could hurt themselves. I think all of us would have wanted to save Michael from what allegedly appears to be drug useage to get some sleep, etc. God Bless You Michael. I love you. I believe you.

June 30, 2009 at 11:02 pm |
  19. ak

They need to tell ppl like the Rev Sharptin to sit down and shut up. He's trying to cause a problem. All he said at the Apollo sounded like only the black ppl cared for Micheal. Hell, there were alot of us white ppl that grew up with him too.

June 30, 2009 at 11:01 pm |
  20. lee Pagan

Michael Jackson lived a tortured life from a child and up to adulthood. Let HIM please rest in peace...Enough damage was done to him in life.

God Bless you Michael Jackson and rest in peace

June 30, 2009 at 11:01 pm |
  21. Agi

I am a fan and I love Michael Jackson! I want to know the truth because only the truth can heal. I want to know who hurt him and let him die. I am so sad. May he rest in peace.
    THANKYOU Anderson Cooper. I really respect you for your honest work.

June 30, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  22. Allison

What a magical moment for those dancers when Michael first walked into the room to meet them. Can you imagine the thrill of not only being told you were selected to be a dancer for Michael Jackson's final concerts, but then to actually get to meet the man himself and practice with him? I can only imagine how heart-wrenching it was for them when they heard the terrible news. It's actually hard to watch this video, knowing what was to happen just days later. Death came much too soon for our beloved Michael Jackson.

June 30, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  23. CeeCee

I can't imagine how these dancers must feel....one moment you're on top of the world knowing that you will be touring with the KING OF POP, and the next minutes it's gone, like a nightmare! I wondered if you have footage of the dancers reactions to Michael's death and the fact that their dream of dancing on tour with Micheal has come to a devastating end. I, for one, am still in a state of shock!

June 30, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  24. Franca

Michael Jackson's death is so sad! What a lonely man he must have been!! I am sure that there must be a so called "doctor" out there who is responsible for this.
    Anderson Cooper you are a great reporter!! you are the BEST!!

June 30, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  25. Merzkane

I want to ask you one question, this question is for all the media on TV: WHY NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT HIS CHARITIES? We heard everything about his life except that. I love Mickael, I pray for his soul and wish I could go see him on Friday.

June 30, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  26. digginthis

Hello Anderson – you and Larry King are the bomb!! My thoughts – the nurse with the story that she was contacted because Mike wants the 'sleep' drug is telling the truth – what reason would she hav eto lie? It's obvious that Mike had a drug problem – and that's not negativity – it'sjust fact. And sorry, but I think Marlon Brando's son is not to be trusted, saying that Mike never took drugs. Of course, he's being employed and now paid by the estate. He doesn't have much to say about anything and seems 'dumb', sorry....I'm glad to hear that Joe and Mrs Jackson don't live together – he should not live with those kids. She's a loving spiritual woman, and I know this for a fact. My heart aches after watching the audition video. Words fail me.

Karin Contovasilis

June 30, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  27. som

Great!!!!!!!!!!!! Wish to see more.
    Love u Michael Jackson, may u rest in peace.
    Will miss u so much, was looking forward to see atleast one concert in july.
    great disappointment.......

June 30, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  28. Kelley

Thank you for posting this. Michael was a friend and someone I had the distinct honor of working with many years ago (as the star of his film Moonwalker- Katie). It is great to see the footage of his upcoming concert- to see how excited and full of life he was. I appreciate your reporting on the subject, the even tone. We will all miss him, "Gone too soon."

June 30, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  29. eleanor coombs, ga.

CNN is a news station of fairness, not having a respecter of persons, everyone has a right to give their views, I just did.

June 30, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  30. Phil

This has affected me a lot more than I thought it would. It's really amazing how 1 person could connect emotionally to people from all over the world in so many differennt languages and cultures. He transcended music and will always be remembered for the genius he was.

None of us are perfect and when I think of MJ it will be with a smile and I his music that made you think and feel, something todays artists have no idea of accomplishing.

June 30, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  31. ak

td perry . they said he still had a pulse when the doctor got there. if he had a pulse he couldn't have been cold

June 30, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  32. Dawn

the clip is toooo short! You know there is more footage, why isn't being played?? We can also get a glimpse at how Michael really looked...112 lbs????

June 30, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  33. pu

Why are so many afraid of the truth? If more had come forward with the truth earlier, rather than turn a blind eye, maybe he would still be alive.
    I have not heard one person defame MJ, only explain what may have happened......And maybe his death by drugs will not be in vain. From what I have heard, it sounds as if he would have liked that.

June 30, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  34. JB

So very sad to watch. How quickly one can be taken from us. Almost tears when MJ walked in to meet the group. The footage of the rehearsals and auditions lead me to believe this would have been a fantastic concert run for Michael. May he rest in peace.

June 30, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  35. Cinda

OMG, I can't imagine what a thrill it was for those dancers to audition for that show & get cast. WOW, that is just the thing dreams are made of to get to actually dance on the stage with Michael Jackson. Even those of us that are not professionals would simply give anything to have had that chance. It is even harder to imagine how they feel now;

June 30, 2009 at 10:54 pm |
  36. Mary Bailey

Sad to see him go. What a talent!

Mary

June 30, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  37. Policewife

How exciting that was for those young dancers to have been selected for MJ's show, and how heartbroken they must be that he is gone. I'd like to see some interviews with them and more about their stories and the show that will not be.

June 30, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  38. Alex

It's just so sad... I feel like crying... I grew up in the 80s when there was no musician (black musicians) except Michael Jackson... I knw how it feels to lose someone u got to love and adore when u were a kid... trying to moonwalk like him....

June 30, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  39. teky sam

Anderson,
    Great video. Its great to see the Legend MJ in the video.
    Thanks.

June 30, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  40. shari

so sad

June 30, 2009 at 10:29 pm |
  41. Kath

Thank you for posting this!!

June 30, 2009 at 10:28 pm |
  42. Ed Hubble Folom Ca.

Wish there was more,Thank You.

June 30, 2009 at 10:24 pm |
  43. Oscar lucard

You are Mr. Cooper a great journalist and you answered This lawyer who in reality is a manipulator and tryed to manipulate you during this interview in the most apropriate way.
    I really enjoy your reporting Thank you

June 30, 2009 at 10:23 pm |
  44. T.D.Perry

Question for medical personnel: How long does for an individual's body to get cold from the time of death?

It is impossible for a body to become cold after being warm 30 minutes prior. Forsenic Biology 101!!! It takes hours for this process to happen.

The doctor is not being truth about how he found Michael in his bedroom.

June 30, 2009 at 10:07 pm |
  45. marianne

Oh too short lets see more!

June 30, 2009 at 10:01 pm |
  46. Sonja

I love Michael Jackson and I will always think of him. I keep replaying the short video just to see him... I never thought this would happen to him.

I wondered how he would be at 60 and me at 50 but never never did I think I would have to say goodbye to The King of Pop this soon.

RIP Michael and Blessings to your Family!!!

June 30, 2009 at 9:41 pm |
  47. Will There Be More

I've been wondering if they filmed any of the rehearsals. Will there be a DVD or more footage released?

June 30, 2009 at 9:30 pm |
  48. anand jude monteiro

hey that video was sooooo cool...hats off to you anderson...great job...

June 30, 2009 at 9:15 pm |
  49. Ameerah

Wow, this is unbelievable. He was JUST here and now he's gone. –You'll always be in our hearts, spirits, and minds Michael Joseph Jackson! Love you Always and Forever.

-A devoted and Loyal Fan.

June 30, 2009 at 8:56 pm |
  50. dfortruth

Hi Anderson,
    Can you explain to you viewers, why cnn is allowing all these people to come on these shows and defame Michael Jackson's name. M Jackson is not here to refute their claims, what about his children and his family and fans that do love him.

It must be easy to claims these things against a dead man, yeah but when he was alive each one of these people had no problem taking money from him. It seems as though cnn and these people are still using his name from their own benefilt

June 30, 2009 at 8:46 pm |