June 30th, 2009
  1. Bruzzy Von Pennington

This is outrageous, they're making MJ out to be the 2nd coming of Jesus, in fact Rev Al "Devisive" Sharpton credited Barack getting elected with MJ have blazed the trail.
    MJ was extraordinarily talented, but he brought all the media mess upon himself. Whitening his skin, nose jobs, zoo animals, umbrellas, come on people.
    As for Magic Johnson and his self serving KFC story, it was garbage. Magic owns KFC franchises and used to do ads for them and MJ was a known vegan, that was shameless.
    Rev Al needs to just shut-up and regulate and stop blaming everything on racism.

July 8, 2009 at 10:39 am |
  2. Ed

It was very interesting how the question was avoided. I think Al deep inside knows that Joe was wrong for trying to promote his new business adventure. I think if Joe wanted to move the conversation to another subject he could have decided on something related to Michael instead of introducing a new business partner.Al is also wrong in defending him on what was clearly a mistake during such tragedy.

July 1, 2009 at 12:17 pm |
  3. Mr. Britt

i think Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson need to get on a airbus flight

July 1, 2009 at 1:14 am |
  4. Jim

The media coverage this week is honoring "Micheal Jackson" and his contributions. Why are you giving Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson media coverage concerning this? This is not about civil rights.

June 30, 2009 at 3:19 pm |
  5. Tammy, Houma, LA

Money and greed are money and greed no matter whether a child has died or not. Death brings out the worst in "families". The night before my mom's funeral her mother, brother, and sister had a secret meeting to figure out how they were going to screw me out of my inherited share of the family corporation and estate. My other aunts and uncle snitched on them afterwards. We're not talking Jackson millions, either. Lowlife "relatives" exist everywhere. Joe Jackson is doing nothing out of the ordinary for a slime bag. Al Sharpton has always been a spineless lackey. I just pray some adult with these children's best interest steps in to protect them legally from the vultures that apparently abound in the Jackson family.

June 30, 2009 at 12:36 pm |
  6. Ken Wainwright

I can't believe the attention that has been given to this man. So some people loved him. Enough is enough. I think that Farrah Fasset gave a lot more and deserves more attention than she received. I am tired of hearing all of the trials and tribualations of Michael Jackson.

June 30, 2009 at 11:56 am |
  7. Dust

Why,,, didnt Ford ask / get a cut of the tax payers?

June 30, 2009 at 11:37 am |
  8. Gayle

Anderson Cooper is on point as always and I appreciate Rev. Sharpton's view on Mr. Jackson's behavior. However, I must admit I am one of the millions who watched the BET Awards on Sunday and I was shocked at the behavior of Mr. Jackson. Don Lemon did pointedly ask how he and the family were dealing with the loss of Michael and he goes off on this speech about some record company!

I know from having lost my father and brother, the grief that you are under for weeks, months after the loss, thinking of new ventures is the last thing from your mind! I watched Mr. Jackson during the BET Awards, when the camera would pan to him he was smiling, talking and even moving to the music in his seat. His actions should come under question; this is not befitting behavior of a parent after the sudden loss of one of their children.

Now you look at Janet, when she came on stage, this woman was visibly shaken and tried so hard to fight back tears and keep her composure as she spoke to the audience and to the world watching. Having to face thousands of people in the room at this time, I’m sure was one of the hardest things she has ever had to do. Janet handled it with grace and dignity, just as she and the other members of her family have handled this tragic loss.

I am also saddened by the coverage given to Michael, the media is looking for every ankle to taint his memory and they are even taken to reporting lies about him. Reporting of marks on his body and how frail and skeleton he was when the coroner's office has yet to release any information. PEOPLE do you have any heart? Think of his children, his mother and his siblings, they are hurting! Let them morn and come to grips with their loss in peace and in their own time!

To the entire Jackson family, please know that thousands of people have you in their hearts and prayers and know that Michael is in a better place now, watching over them and us.

June 30, 2009 at 11:35 am |
  9. Dust

This isnt a classic depression and therefore cannot be measured by the old methods. This recession is the by product of the greed that is the lifeblood of big corporations. You wont see business lowering prices so they can stay in business. In a Corporation based recession you'lll see businesses raising cost. Sharks dont have false teeth they can remove and if they did theyd have their teeth rplaced with razor wire!

June 30, 2009 at 11:27 am |
  10. Dust

Not to mention those in the news media are in a different income bracket and most likely make better informed investments

June 30, 2009 at 11:21 am |
  11. Dust

So who cares youve learned how to manipulate audiance reaction better, nothing more

June 30, 2009 at 11:20 am |
  12. Dust

I f they find the doctor guilty of not knowing the connections and results of mixing 2 bags of medicine, shouldn't the result be treated like a landmark case thereby making physicians responsible for knowing the effects of mixing medicines? Of course that would require drug companies to make responsible choices (and lose a lot of money) Not to mention The F.D.A , by all rights should be dragged into the light for not making sure that (Safe!) drugs are released into the general populace in a safe manner.

June 30, 2009 at 11:18 am |
  13. Lisa

I agree with Anderson, it is quite jarring to hear how Joe Jackson talks about his son. He sounds more like he is talking about a commodity;
    something you trade on Wallstreet; some object you use for profit.
    Apparently, this is how Micheal was used by Joe Jackson since he was a child, and clearly this is how he is still being used today. I think this goes a long way to explain some of Micheal's
    behavior.

He is not a commodity...he was a person. Quit exploiting him!!

June 30, 2009 at 11:16 am |
  14. Dustin

People with strong connections to an idol, the news media, greedy family, clouds in the sky, people wanting to be on camera.. I thought Michael stood against all this. If I were a fan who needed closer why not do it in a way that reflects Michaels desires? any real FAN would gather local fans and hold a private ceremony for him.

June 30, 2009 at 11:09 am |