June 29th, 2009

Live blog from the anchor desk 6/29/09

Tonight we’re following all the new developments in the Michael Jackson story.

A second autopsy was performed today at the Jackson family’s request. They are waiting for the results before finalizing funeral arrangements. While the pop star’s funeral is on hold, a host of legal issues and battles are already emerging.

Want to know what else we're covering tonight? Read EVENING BUZZ

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

And take a look at our live web camera from the 360° studio. Watch the WEBCAM

Filed under: Live Blog • T1
  1. chester

Why did the doctor wait for security before calling 911? Why didn't he use his cell phone because all cell phones have GPS trackibility? The doctor should have called 911 even if he didn't have the address. He could have used landmarks to describe his location.

June 29, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  2. Garel

need to look it Michael Jackson Dad for Michael passing away

June 29, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  3. Isabel, Brazil

Good night, Anderson and Erica!
    Good night, friends, David (Indiana), bloggers, everyone!

June 29, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  4. Meg, Boston

I do not understand how an accomplished physician of over 30 years experience was so "rattled" that he couldn't bring himself to make a 911 phonecall? A thirty-minute delay before the ambulance arrives is suspicious. I don't blame the Jackson family for requesting a second autopsy.

June 29, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  5. nena

I feel that Michael was a beautiful person. He was child like. He loved children, he loved all people. I too am child like and am 54 yrs. old. I love children so much. So I always felt like I understood Michael. You're in the Father's Hands now Michael....I Love You My Brother.......

June 29, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  6. Isabel, Brazil

It is very nice the prisoners of Cebu, the Philippines, back to dance Thriller to honor Michael Jackson

June 29, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  7. Renee ( Centereach, NY )

I want to say how sorry I am to here what had happend to Michael Jackson, He was an awesome person and father to his kids, as well as an ICON!!!! I am not happy about the way his father Joe Jackson is using his death to be in the spotlight!!!! I think Joe should never be able to be around Michael Jackson kids!!!!!! He did not ever care about any of his own kids, and all he did care about was how much money can they make him!!!!! Joe should be very upset right now for losing his son , but instead he is really using his son's death to be in the spotlight like his son Michael always was!!!!! All he care's about now is getting his hands on Michael Jackson's money and fame!!!! What a shame!!!!!......RIP....Michael Jackson.......RIP....U will truly be missed all over the world !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 29, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  8. linda gibson

Joe Jackson should stopped , he has done enough damage to his entire family.. it,s parents responsibily to financial care for there children. mike was to young to take on all that responsibily. The talent he had at 5 yrs of age. for sure he would have it at 18yrs of age.JOE jACKSON WALKING AROUND WITH THAT EARING IS SURLY A DISGRACE.As far as mrs. jackson being a jehovah witness you are to respect your husband as head of home. But I think she should stop him for being abusive to there children or go talk to the overseerer at the kingdom hall.

June 29, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  9. jeanne

On the 911 call when the operator asked if anyone witnessed what happened the caller (from MJ's residence) asked the doctor if he saw what happened, there was some jibberish in the background from the doctor ,and then all of the sudden the caller says please get here soon. He avoided the question, never answered it. And also, the operator asked where MJ was and the caller said on the bed and that the doctor was administrating CPR, the operator said put him on the floor the caller said "ok" in a tone of voice as if to say oh well, kinda like he knew MJ was already dead. Just the way he said it, "OK". You would think he would have screamed "get him on the floor and do CPR" but all he said was "OK"- and never told the doctor to put him on the floor. Who was this caller anyway? Has anyone identified him yet. The doctor said that there wasn't a phone in the room to call the emt's but how did the caller get news about MJ not breathing and call 911. The doctor must have made a call to him or ran to get him at some point. THINGS ARE NOT ADDING UP HERE...................

June 29, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  10. Jolene, St. Joseph, MI

No dog is ever considered "ugly" in my eyes! Not sure the point of the contest but if it helps support animals, I suppose it's all good in the long run!

June 29, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  11. Emma

@Joan......Farrah Fawcett and Ed McMahon.

June 29, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  12. rosa, covina, ca

Hello Mr. Cooper,

I find myself constantly crying i really hoped Michael Jackson could have found true love and happiness. Hope the family takes care of the children like Michael would have done if he was alive. Rest in peace Michael thank you for trying to make this world a better place.

June 29, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  13. Deana

Though Michael was embarressed about having Lupus, it is good to have brought it to light. It explains how hard it is to live with. It explains his skin condition, having good days and having bad days, his weight loss, becoming fraile, feeling sick, sore and in pain. I have a friend w/ this very rare disease that there is no cure for. I know that she suffers a great deal when the sickness turns for the worse where you cannot get out of bed and develop sores all over. It's horrible to live with. If this is true, I wish Michael could have shared this with us so that we could emphasize with him. God Bless Him!

June 29, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  14. Angel Minneapolis MN

Michael being honored by the prisioners. That's what I call Super Stardon

June 29, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  15. Delores

Good Evening AC360
    I am compelled to join in as I usually just read comments. Michael Jackson was a man, a human being, just like the rest. The media tributes and coverage is necessary, I suppose, however, the in depth comments and veiwing of his personal life is unsettling to me. He was the greatest, most mesmerizing entertainer in the world, truly amazing on stage. He appears to have an uncommon spirit, which many of the status quo could not and will not ever understand. I loved his music and his spirit. Rip Michael and prayers and condolences to his family and loved ones left behind.

June 29, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  16. Christine

So sad about MJ . Like so many grew up listening to him. His solo career pretty much the soundtrack of my high school and early 20's in the 80's with my best friend. She died last year and reliving those years through the music the last few days was like losing her all over again. Though she's not here to share this tragedy with me, I know she and Michael are sharing each other's company now! My PYT tattoo is even more special now.

June 29, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  17. Kyetra

I agree with a lot of people who said Joe Jackson is a very strong man,
    some people like Joe have a different way of expression their emotions.
    Yes his son has died but he's only trying to be strong for his family

June 29, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  18. Heather - Spokane, WA

I thought the boxer mix was cute and not ugly......now miss Millie........definetly a face only a mother could love

June 29, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  19. Gayle McCauley Malden,Mass.

Those dogs weren't ugly ,they were fugly!! But lovable ,I'm sure.

June 29, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  20. mari, MA

Thanks for the extra live AC360!

June 29, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  21. Susan

Now we see for ourselves what Michael desperately tried to describe.
    Where is the love and pain from his Father? Certainly not the way I'd
    feel if my child died. His Father actually looks excited to be interviewed! Very sad. Would Michael really want his Father to help
    in the raising of his children? RIP Michael.

June 29, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  22. Rose

I cringed when I heard Michael Jacksons fathers remarks, no grief, just smiles and promoting his record company...disgusting!!!

June 29, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  23. Debbie - Arkansas

When Catherine Jackson was awarded temporary custody today, I also thought about her "age", and why Janet or one of the other, younger family members couldn't be named. As far as Catherine NOT living with Joe anymore...great! Joe and his cronies need to go home, and put their business ventures back in the background, where they belong. He's still trying to "cash in" on Michael's talent. Shame on you Joe!

June 29, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  24. Sara

I am so touched by this whole situation with MJs death. From the fact of just how many people are remembering good, to the investigation of why he passed, to anticipating the possible worldwide memorial.. I so wish I could help the family in some way. I miss him so much, he was always an endless part of my life - I never gave up on him. Thank you ac360 staff for covering this, and continually.

June 29, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  25. Perkeisha

Im very disturbed by Joe Jackson, unfortantley.... I really thought it would tear him up the most. Im AA and its in our culture I guess to whop kids so no big deal there.
    But emotional abuse is way worse than physical, and this mans actions yesterday amd today tells me he messed those kids up BIG TIME.
    This should be a lesson to the world on how to raise your kids, and money isnt the end all be all. Its evil

June 29, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  26. jacqueline, NY

Joe Jackson's behavior on the red carpet last night is an example of the "show must go on" no matter what mentality he raised his children with.

June 29, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  27. Michelle

I was pulling for Miss Ellie.

June 29, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  28. Cessy, Chicago

Filipino Prisoners dancing to an MJ song...gotta workout at some point right?

June 29, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  29. Diana

Anderson,
    I understand the reality of Lupus. My husband was dx w/Lupus 15 yrs ago. He is in chronic pain 24/7. My husband takes paind meds, but it does not ever get rid of the pain. Dr.'s have done all they can and it is terminal. We both understand and wondered if there was underlying condition w/Michael. Please go easy on Michael. He does not deserve it.

June 29, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  30. Nan

Thanks AC for doing such a great job. I'm like everyone else about Joe Jackson. He is an opportunistic SOB. Not once in his interview yesterday did he refer to Michael as "MY SON or MY CHILD' just as star or superstar. We know tha Michael is just that, but if it were me, I would have referred to my flesh and blood as such. The coverage you are doing is great, Keep it up. I just heard you or someone you were interviewing say that Joe lives in Las Vegas, Thank God, that way he won't be around the children to ruin them emotionally like he did Michael. Michael was truly a genius, and as Paul McCartney said a boy-man. All his life he had to produce for Dad, and not allowed to be him self. Well, Joe can hurt him no more. Maybe Michael will be allowed to have his childhood in heaven, after all he had plenty of hell on earth. He will be missed by all, but will never be forgotten.

June 29, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  31. kilee jackson

hi, am Kilee Jackson and am in jamaica, i think i was the 1st person in my country to find out that my man michael jackson has died, why, cuz i was tunned i to enews. I think am still living in denial because i cannot believe he's dead. i NEED to be at his funeral as i feel like am going under cardiac arrest too. oh, i also fainted and was rushed to the hospital, am now ill because of michael, but nothing is wrong because he is worth it.............I LOVE U BABE i know your in heaven now.

June 29, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  32. Michelle

I still can't believe he has passed on i grew up listening to his music. He was and always will be a amazing singer he will live on in his music.

June 29, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  33. parisa

I'm an Iranian who lives in the U.S. As you know the news about my country is so sad. First I had these bad news and then Michael Jackson death. After several days of his death I'm still so sad and shocked. He was the greatest musician of all the time.

June 29, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  34. sharon, sydney, ns

There is no such thing as an ugly dog!!!!! 🙂

June 29, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  35. Danna Callahan

I want to thank Dr. Chopra for putting the pieces of the puzzle, of Michel Jacksons life together . The auto immune health issues stemming from a stressful, abusive childhood explain many of his actions and eccentric and compulsive behavior. We should listen only to the people that knew him best , that don't have an agenda.

June 29, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  36. Albamelia

I also would like to say that it's wrong to show pics of Michael's children due to the fact it was important to him to protect their appearance. Shouldn't we respect his wishes?

June 29, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  37. Yvonda

I heard that Joe Jackson lives in Las Vegas and Katherine lives in Echino, so the kids may not have to go through what MJ did with his dad. I do think Joe Jackson is just a little ignorant and didn't realize his comment about the record company would cause so much trouble. As far as the Dr., I'm mixed up on why he didn't call 911 sooner. Who knows maybe security guard could be interviewed. My guess is that maybe he was so devastated and in shock that MJ was literally dying in his arms and probably feels bad that he wasn't able to save a legend. For the people saying they tired of seeing MJ everytime they turn to cnn turn to a different channel and this is not like the anna nicole case just because the mere fact of MJ was a legend Anna Nicole was not. Thank you CNN for trying to investigate what happened devoted fans like me appreciate it.

June 29, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  38. Bernadette

Regarding the custody of Michael Jacksons' children. Obviously they do not belong with Rowe and I hope they end up with his mother. But what bothers me is the fact that Michael who stated in many interviews the abuse to him at his fathers hand and that he will NEVER leave his children alone with him, will now have access to them. I believe he would never allowed this! If it was just the grandmother whom he loved that would be the best or maybe one of the siblings. But this man should not be allowed near them. Based on his comments, the man is plugging a record company, he's smiling all the time, and seems only to be interested in the money that can come in now. I pray the man has to keep a distance from them. He practically destroyed their father and I can see Joe trying to make a band out of them in the future. I hope a will is found, if not then report on the news how abusive and money hungry this guy is.

June 29, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  39. BettyAnn,Nacogdoches,TX

Good night all sweet tweets and Anderson, Erica, and Jack!
    peace and well wishes!
    Love and (((hugs)))

June 29, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  40. Elba Lopez

Thank you for the coverage on Michael. I've been hearing that Elvis did not have MTV and videos therefore, this may be a reason why Michael's fame surpasses. I love Elvis, although we have to remember that Michael was performing while Elvis was alive – both great artists. Most importantly, Michael created Videos like no other existed and they were way ahead of our time (a mini movie). I truely believe it's because of Michael Jackson that MTV video's were born! His production ideas were genius and advanced in his creativite mind. You can't really say Elvis had no MTV, you may say Michael created this type of media, dance moves and humanitary charities through his music, a true gift for all of us.

June 29, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  41. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Good night Anderson, Erica, David G, Edurrado (Ed Henry) and my friend twitter/facebook bloggers!!!!!!!
    Have a great night and sleep tight everyone!!!! 😀
    See you tomorrow night!!!!
    See you on Monday night!
    Day of the shot with MJ's prison dance on moonwalk!! I love their dance! Great shot!

Anderson,
    Have a great night, good sleep at home after work!!!! See you tomorrow night!!! Have a plenty sleep! 😀

June 29, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  42. Juan Jose

It is obvious that Michael's demise was nothing to his father, whom abused him and has the nerve to deny that his own son had serious psycological problems because and only because of him.

June 29, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  43. Deborah

My heart goes out to Michael...all this just makes me cry at such a tragic loss that didn't have to happen...and with that father, it's amazing that he managed to carry on through life as well as he did. If Deepak Chopra couldn't get through to him and help him, no one could. I pray that wherever he is Michael can feel the outpouring of affection worldwide and how much he was loved...and how very much he will be missed.

June 29, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  44. Tamia

Why is Deepak being interviewed so much? Where are the recent pics of the 2 of them? Deepak could not be a friend discussing the subject of this "so called addiction" of MJ's. He's doing the family more harm than good by trying to confirm MJ's private matters. He's suddenly reminding me of Bashir and it appears that he probably manipulated MJ the same way Bashir did. I pray for the family and I am saddened in a selfish way b/c I anticipated being front row, care-free, white t-shirt, blood, sweat and tears at one of his upcoming concerts. There will never be another!!!!

June 29, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  45. Dawniki

June 29, 2009

My heart and prayers are with the Jackson family during this time. Ever since the discovery of the Jackson 5, they have felt like a part of the family. God Bless. Dawniki

June 29, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  46. deborahdunlap

i would like to give my prayers to the Jackson family. And to say god bless you.

June 29, 2009 at 10:55 pm |