June 29th, 2009

Evening Buzz: Jackson’s death, new questions

[cnn-photo-caption image="http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/06/29/michael.jackson/art.jackson.kids.splash.jpg"%5D

Cate Vojdik
AC360º Writer

Tonight we’re following all the new developments in the Michael Jackson story.

A second autopsy was performed today at the Jackson family’s request. They are waiting for the results before finalizing funeral arrangements. While the pop star’s funeral is on hold, a host of legal issues and battles are already emerging.

Today, Katherine Jackson, Michael’s mother, was granted temporary guardianship of his three children. The Jackson family also filed a petition asking that Katherine Jackson be named administrator of Michael Jackson’s estate and the children be named his sole beneficiaries. In court papers, Jackson’s parents said they believe the singer died without a valid will.

Are these filings the first salvo in what could be a huge custody case? Will Debbie Rowe, the mother of Jackson’s two oldest children, also try to make a claim for the children – and the money they may inherit?

Also, new pictures surfaced today showing Michael Jackson in some of his final rehearsals. What do they suggest about his health around the time of his death? We’ll let you decide what to make of them.

We’ll also hear from Lou Ferrigno. The bodybuilder and actor (he played the original “Hulk”) was working as Jackson’s personal trainer, to prepare him for the grueling 50-performance tour that was set to begin next month. He should be able to give us unique insight into Jackson’s physical condition in the days before his death.

We’ll also dig deeper on the latest from the attorney for Jackson’s private doctor. The lawyer claims Jackson had a pulse when his client began administering CPR to the stricken pop star last Thursday. But why was Jackson’s private doctor staying at his house in the first place?

So many questions. We’ll try to answer some of them tonight.

See you at 10 p.m. eastern.

Filed under: Michael Jackson • The Buzz
  1. Kathryn

Michael Jackson was a hero. I think Mike died of a broken heart. He gave soooooooooo much to the world love, hope, peace and cherished children. I think he was misunderstood and his innocence contributed to all the negative publicity and comments. I am the same age as he and countless children have shared my bed. Why? Due to the fact there are older children in the house and they have to be separated when you can not observe whats taking place. I feel he had a vision to attempt to give all children what he did not have.......A childhood.....I know what its like to be beaten and live with the abuser. I also know what it;s like to put your heart and soul into bringing about unity and love and how jealous, envious, and greedy people will change the whole scenario and you end up the bad guy. I also know what it's like to take a stand for something you believe in even if the status quo does not think it's the best for you. Mike has settled for 22 million. I had the same circumstance only I was sued for 18,000 for a faulty bike by an enigma that should not have been a friend. Anytime you have more money than the people around you they try real heard to take it from you. IMO that is what happened to Mike, people will take advantage of such a pure loving spirit as he. I love you Mike forever Kathy

June 30, 2009 at 10:10 am |
  2. MIchael Levine

JOE JACKSON`s APPEARANCE on BET awards and comments were egregiously out of line and shockingly stupid and profane considering the timing etc. he`s a vile figure and now the world can see that everything MJ said about him was true. SHARPTON should divorce himself from this vile beast. "his tears are inside" CRAP!!!!!! promoting his record company has tarnished him forever .

June 30, 2009 at 10:00 am |
  3. Gordana

Thank you Anderson for providing us with up to date non-biased information about this controversial and forever loved icon. I'm pleased to have a place where i can watch updated information that speaks to the legend that Michael was; defending his honour and the impact he had on people around the world. He desired this all his life and I'm so glad that you are coming through for him! Keep it up!

June 30, 2009 at 9:48 am |
  4. Joanne Pacicca, Solvay, NY

The most important, sad and relevant issue is the welfare of the children. It seems that Michael Jackson prided himself on his parenting skills and was aided by a hand-picked staff. Does anyone really know these children or want them? ...for the right reasons.

June 30, 2009 at 9:13 am |
  5. Vickey

Why did Michael need a cardiologist? Was he having some heart condition and did not tell anyone?

June 30, 2009 at 8:52 am |
  6. Gail Ellis Duncan

Death comes to us all. Saddens me that money battles always come into play. My prayers go out to the children. Let us care and appreciate one another while we are alive and pray for a peaceful cross over after we leave this earth. Most of all, let us learn that money should help us not rule us.

June 30, 2009 at 8:40 am |
  7. t walker

I am writing in concern to all the stories about Joe Jackson being abusive first of all growingup in the average african american there was no such...we believe in spare the rod spoil the child...so those were just good old fashioned whippings and as was stated by Barry Gordy and others they were very well behaved...we don't believe in a democracy in the home u so what I say and its just yes maam or no maam or sir...and the main question is why wouldn't he love his father...should he hate him because he got a normal whipping...there were no buuses or broken bones so it was just a whipping

June 30, 2009 at 8:34 am |
  8. Theresa, Des Moines

Enough about Michael Jackson. The first night or two after his death was interesting and reminded me of why I like his music. But enough... Please try to balance the newscast with some other, more newsworthy stories. Thanks.

June 30, 2009 at 7:47 am |
  9. B. Marie Weisz

Please keep reporting, you are reporting and not exploiting a very beloved star, I will miss him.

Joe Jackson should shut up! He's awful!!!

Jaime Fox should shut up too. Michael showed he belonged to the world, not a race.

Gone, too soon.
    Brenda

June 30, 2009 at 7:43 am |
  10. Connie

None before him and none after him can do what Michael has done in the industry. His greatness will sincerly be missed!

June 30, 2009 at 7:36 am |