June 25th, 2009

Michael Jackson taken to hospital with cardiac arrest

[cnn-photo-caption image=http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/06/25/art.jackson.hospital.jpg]

We're learning from our affiliate, KTLA, that Michael Jackson has been hospitalized. He was taken to the UCLA Hospital with cardiac arrest. We'll keep you posted with more details. More information tonight.

Filed under: 360° Radar • Michael Jackson
  1. Maggie Lutke

I am totally devistated, because of Michael Jackson's death, and Farrah Fawcett's Death on my daughter's birthday(whom I lost 6 years ago) she would've been 11. So..this is something that I will definitely not forget with both these tragic deaths on both these superstars.
    I grew up listening to the Jackson 5's and love Michael's music...I know that his legend will live on. I also know that Farrah Fawcett will be remembered to with people like in my generation. They both are legends that will be remembered.

June 26, 2009 at 12:53 am |
  2. Deb.

Michael Jackson a sweet, soft spoken, gentle man with a brillant artisic mind and a beautiful voice!

We loved him and he will live forever through his music!

June 26, 2009 at 12:51 am |
  3. Anthony Francis

Micheal was a troubled soul and people made it worst, he wanted to be himself and be what he was deprived in his child wood days. I'm really sad that he's gone and has not gotten a chance to truly overcome. R.I.P Micheal, now your truly at peace.

My heart cries out
    TeamBurnout

June 26, 2009 at 12:44 am |
  4. adnan

From Adnan: Michael Jackson I will always love you, you will always be in my heart. You are the best human I've ever seen on TV and in music. You are the best dancer ever. Love from Bosnia-Herzegovina and support for peace in all over the world. God Bless you.

June 26, 2009 at 12:35 am |
  5. Kim

Rest In Peace Michael, there will never be another. I seen him in concert when I was 11 with the Jackson 5 . My first concert I will never forget it. I LOVE YOU MICHAEL. YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN!!!

ALWAYS

June 26, 2009 at 12:35 am |
  6. Nancy / test Michael for Lyme

The Family should take some blood of Michael and test him for Lyme Disease. The lab in Palo Alto, Calif. is the best to use because of the technology the lab utilizes. I have fatigue, pain and feel so frail as Micheal did. This is very devastating disease that is misdiagnosed and people are being treated for diseases they don't have because it is a hard disease to diagnose. People are dying and children are crippled when born with it before they are 9 years old.
    I am a huge fan of Michael since I was in 6th grade. I dance my first slow song in 6th grade to the song " I'll be There". I will never forget that night in 1970.

June 26, 2009 at 12:34 am |
  7. Eslam Mohamed

i'm only 24 old and i didnt expect i'll live this day the day we will miss the legend and the king of pop michael jackson for me michael wasnt a normal human one not in a bad way i mean he was a super one whoes landed on our planet only to post and share creativity and i'm sure he will never die .. a legend never die

June 26, 2009 at 12:27 am |
  8. jackie

You know, I am a nurse and at times I am sitting down wishing and hoping that I was there to save his life right away with cpr its so sad 50 years old

June 26, 2009 at 12:25 am |
  9. jackie

unbelievable Michael wherever you are its unreal my heart goes out to everyone in your life who will be inflicted by this. For sure the world will come out of the reccession they are in now. I am not saddened that you died Michael I am sad about the way you died, I am also comforted in the thoughts of knowinf hopefully you did not suffer thank God

June 26, 2009 at 12:23 am |
  10. Abdulai Bah

You will be missed,May your soul rest in perfect peace...
    Basco.DE[usa].

June 26, 2009 at 12:16 am |
  11. Modestine

First, my heart is broken, what a loss. I, family and friends feel like we've lost a family member. I was very upset at the man (didn't carch his name) who lamented on Michael's career, starting back again and how he'd lost his talent ........ I am 56 and evan though I grew up with and on Michael's music I'm impressed and amazed at family or other social gathering's when a Michael Jackson song comes on and childern five and up know word for word his music. I am talking across all color barriers. I'v had this experience more than twenty times in my life. It always makes me think "this man is phenonemal to cross color, gender and time barriers like this"
    There's already problems with the way he';s being depicted ( they've tried in many ways to bring him down) now the media needs him to die like Elvis Presley??? Not to worry that will fix itself.
    There will be other problems concerning the way and speed??? the ambulance BACKED out of the drive way
    Truly A Great Loss

June 26, 2009 at 12:16 am |
  12. Rita K

Farrah Fawcett was born in the state I live in although her death has not been a shock, she is a legend in her own right. Our prayers are with her family especially Redmond and Ryan.

You're now trully with real angels.

June 26, 2009 at 12:15 am |
  13. Rita K

Our thoughts and prayers are with the Jackson Family we all have our ups and downs MJ grew up fast before he could be a kid himself. No one can endure such pressure, fame, fortune from an early age and go through life withought what he went through.

You may be gone Michael but your legacy will live on forever.

June 26, 2009 at 12:12 am |
  14. Tiffany

Hi,
    I remeber the times When i first went to Michael Jackson house.That was located in Gary Indiana. I also met him and took Pictures with him. Only reason i got that close is because my famous uncle Bill Jones. Im so Pissed off about the fact he is now GONE.["Tears"] I am going to truly miss him. I wish he can still b alive and her with us today.He was a very nice,helpful, and thoughtful person. This is an Tragic moment for us ALL. OMG!!!!! I am missing him so much. Michael Jackson ment sooooo much too me. I loved him!!!! He was a black man that lived in Gary that made it really big in the musical industry.I also, loved his dancing.

CONDOLENCES TO THE JACKSON FAMILY
    LOVE TIFFANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 26, 2009 at 12:06 am |
  15. Rita K

I was @ home and that is because I have been unemployed for almost 6months now. I was watching Wolf on CNN as usual. I thought ok, maybe he will pull through. It brought back memories when Princess Diana died I kept praying for her to make it in the hospital but she passed just like MJ. I still cannot believe it. I love music and I have loved all his music for many years.

Each time you hear his music play, it is as if it just came out it never grows old. He is the king of pop and he paved a way for many muscians. He's a genius and there will never be any other like him.
    Dear MJ may you rest in peace you will always be loved.

June 26, 2009 at 12:06 am |
  16. Quacy

micheal jackson is the greatest entertainer of all time........and its so hard to say that the greatest entertainer has died....i jus cant stop dancing to his music....its jus sad....may you rest and peace

June 26, 2009 at 12:05 am |
  17. eunice luna

Biggest star of all times, rest in peace michael jackson,
    in my heart for ever and ever!!!!!!!!!

June 26, 2009 at 12:00 am |
  18. Max Reyna

I'm a 12 year old fan of Micheal Jackson that just goes to show how his music still reaches the youth RIP Micheal

June 26, 2009 at 12:00 am |
  19. TammyC.

Micheal Jackson,is the best performer of the century.We will always love and remember him.What we all are feeling and shared with him will never die.People are talking about a come back.He was never gone.Rest in peace Micheal,I love you..................sincerely,your number 1 fan....Tammy

June 25, 2009 at 11:59 pm |
  20. marvin

ebay is going crazy with michael jackson items

June 25, 2009 at 11:57 pm |
  21. Hasmukh B.Patel

Behalf of all Indian community my deep condolence to his family and friends from all over the world.

Hasmukh B.Patel

June 25, 2009 at 11:56 pm |
  22. sherry

R.I.P MJ......you will always be the king of pop:(((

June 25, 2009 at 11:54 pm |
  23. Lola

When I heared the news in Costa Rica I coulding belive it MJ died, it is so sad for me and the world, we have lost the best pop singer, dancer, and proformer of the the century

June 25, 2009 at 11:53 pm |
  24. Ronald Grandberry

Hope Michael is in a better place now

June 25, 2009 at 11:53 pm |
  25. Julia from Malaysia

Fans of MJ, Please keep remember and keep the memory of MJ today date June, 26th 2009 of MJ the lost of the most special person in our heart for peace and love and date of July,13th 2009 for incoming of MJ concert tour. We are as a big fans of MJ will do something for you on date July, 13th 2009, MJ.. we love u...

June 25, 2009 at 11:51 pm |
  26. nathalie Arcouette

I am a french Canadian and when I was 12 years old I had the chance to live in California in Encino where Michael was living.
    This is when I discovered Michael Jackson, today I am 46 years old
    and I always have a fan.

And I always believed that Michael was innocent of all the things that he has been accused it killed him.

Rest in peace Michael you deserve it.

Nathalie

June 25, 2009 at 11:51 pm |
  27. madalyn bails

i was so shocked when he died

June 25, 2009 at 11:49 pm |
  28. Darie

Wow.... this is a very sad day for everyone, i grew up listening to his music and falling asleep to it and i still listen to it no matter what. And i agree with some people here, around the world different people have made him look like a monster in front of the camera and saying all kinds of nasty things about him, but i never believed all that, they were all jealous of him because he had the gift of music and he was really popular, and they were just trying to bring him down. Michael Jackson never did anything to anyone to get hurt , i don't think he ever argued about something , he was always calm and he brought people together, he did shared the love around the world and he is the one that should be thanked for bringing black people and white people together at the same level. So i really think that the people that was saying all those nasty things about him, should apologize to his family and friends.

We Will Miss You =[

June 25, 2009 at 11:48 pm |
  29. tisa

michael jackson died?ohh i can't belive it,,he's my idol i love his songs soo much rest in peace king of pop

June 25, 2009 at 11:47 pm |
  30. Brett

So he died is that the only news you have

June 25, 2009 at 11:43 pm |
  31. Thunoli Kutty

I grew up in Rural India and the first and only things that come to my mind about America back then was Michael Jackson and Coca-Cola and in fact most of the Indians back then, knew Michael Jackson if not anything else- about America. He is a real Legend and unique.. He will always live in our heart.

June 25, 2009 at 11:37 pm |
  32. derrick

'u will always in my mind' LOVE UM.J

June 25, 2009 at 11:35 pm |
  33. deborah

Micheal i love you and i miss you. My heart goes out to you and your family, I;am praying for the family that you all stay strong in the LORD.Micheal you are greatly missed our ICON.I love you M.J.

June 25, 2009 at 11:33 pm |
  34. sharon trindad&tobago

the best has left us R.I.P

June 25, 2009 at 11:32 pm |
  35. Shawn Hamilton

As many other people in this world; we have endured numerous challenges, as MJ has endured!

We know MJ, and his family have been succesful....but, they still deserve respect!

I will always love Michael! In fact, this evening, I recalled a time when I was around twelve, (many years ago) I wrote him a fan letter, asking him to help me get into the music business.

People of the world......respect an indvidual, and not demorlize! We are people, and we are human as well. If we all continue this modo, we can "Heal the World".

I believe....do you?

June 25, 2009 at 11:30 pm |
  36. Greta Hamilton - Moore

When I saw on the news that Micheal Jackson passed I was deeply saddened; I grew up on Micheal Jackson. I can remember standing in line to buy tickets for his concert. My sister and I stood in line for about 12 hours to buy tickets. We got our tickets and saw the best show of our lives. I am in shock about his death! I will never forget you Micheal you will truly live on in my heart!!!!!!! My love to the Jackson family!!!!! Michael I close this blog about you but not my thoughts of you!!!!! Heaven has truly gained a wonderful artist!

June 25, 2009 at 11:29 pm |
  37. Prashantha

We miss u Jackson, u'll be in our hearts forever & forever!

June 25, 2009 at 11:29 pm |
  38. Laila

May Allah always be with you Michael.

June 25, 2009 at 11:28 pm |
  39. julie

my bf is sooooooooooo sad coz of his death.. may he rest in peace .. n i hope my bf will be ok as he really adores him .. may God bless all of us ..

June 25, 2009 at 11:27 pm |
  40. Leonard

U Are my hero and i will always look at ur path.. I will never forget u MJ..
    I will never, I just can't stop crying MJ.. Please come back.

June 25, 2009 at 11:26 pm |
  41. Sue

I am truly saddened by Michael's death, but please don't forget we also lost Farrah today. If Michael hadn't passed I'm sure there would have been a lot more on Farrah's passing. I don't begrudge the coverage on Michael, but Farrah does deserve more than a mere mention, for her fans and her family. My heart and prayers go out to both families for their losses. I find comfort in knowing Farrah and Michael are now at peace. God Bless you both!

June 25, 2009 at 11:26 pm |
  42. Ana Patricia Mora Solano

I'm really sorry about Michael Jackson's death. I grew up with his music and I believe there will never be someone like him

June 25, 2009 at 11:25 pm |
  43. Leonard

Mj.. Why do u have to leave me? I Love u so nuch, Its midnight here in Nigeria and i woke up only to hear that u are gone... I never believed this MJ.. Why do u have to leave just like that,, If there is anyway someone can exchange his life for some others.. I am here for u..
    I will always remenber u MJ.
    please rest in peace .. until we meet to pass no more..
    I Love U MJ and i am going to have a bad day for thlis.... MJ I Love u . I Love u. I Love u...Crying......................

June 25, 2009 at 11:24 pm |
  44. hanny

MJ we'll pray from u from Indonesia. Rest in peace MJ.

June 25, 2009 at 11:23 pm |
  45. alsports2000

As a tribute to MJ I would like to know if there is going to be a musical special on tv?? I would like to record it and keep it for the rest of my life. He was one of the greatest musician and I treasure his all his music. Thanks . AL.

June 25, 2009 at 11:22 pm |
  46. Yvette Ram

This is extremely painful. I grew up listening to Michael, I can't believe he has left us. I am so sad by this news.
    Rest in peace my king.
    Yvette, Boston.

June 25, 2009 at 11:22 pm |
  47. Lisa

Michael Jackson is a legend and will never be forgotten ever!

June 25, 2009 at 11:21 pm |
  48. Nuzat

I really feel bad about Michael Jackson dead. I really feel bad, even though I wasn't a big fan of his, I still feel very bad. I hope he rests in peace.

June 25, 2009 at 11:21 pm |
  49. Ken-Ken

Oh...My god, America has lost another legend the great Michael Jacksons. What next. Music will suffer without Michael

June 25, 2009 at 11:21 pm |
  50. vaneeta

i am devastated over the new s of michael jacksons death he was a great icon and performer and very much loved reast in peace michael

June 25, 2009 at 11:17 pm |