June 25th, 2009

Michael Jackson taken to hospital with cardiac arrest

[cnn-photo-caption image=http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/06/25/art.jackson.hospital.jpg]

We're learning from our affiliate, KTLA, that Michael Jackson has been hospitalized. He was taken to the UCLA Hospital with cardiac arrest. We'll keep you posted with more details. More information tonight.

Filed under: 360° Radar • Michael Jackson
  1. Annette

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Jackson family, Micheal will be sadly missed but his music will live on forever. I love Micheals songs and the way he performed in his videos . My prayers are with his children and the rest of the Jackson family . I am so sad that he is gone on but he will never be forgotten .

June 25, 2009 at 11:08 pm |
  2. Julia from Malaysia

i am not tired to comment of MJ.. i love u... all my family, friends, fans, all people who loved u in whole wide world love u so much.. we all with u.. i'm so so sad you're gone.. your spirit will NEVER and ever gone.. oh, god... i still cry and so sad when i listen all MJ song.. and in CNN memorial of MJ, 1958-2009 too... i wish i have one of MJ cloth, pant, shoes or something about MJ..

June 25, 2009 at 11:07 pm |
  3. Sufyan

I'm really sorry I love u michael
    Pianist Sufyan
    From Libya

June 25, 2009 at 11:03 pm |
  4. Bern Houston

My thoughts and prayers go out to both families and loved ones of Farrah and Michael.
    Michael Jackson. loved his fans and the children of the world. A genious and artist all of his own. No one will ever replace him.
    I believe Michael was betrayed by the people that didn't understand what he believed in.
    What a legend, he will live in our hearts forever.
    His music will live on.

June 25, 2009 at 11:02 pm |
  5. Sufyan

I'm really sorry I love u michael

June 25, 2009 at 11:02 pm |
  6. jacquelinekenyon

HOW SAD THAT IT TOOK michael Jackson passing for most of the public to quit judging him for alleged crimes he probably didn't even have the heart to commit. MAY HE REST IN PEACE WITH ALL THE OTHER KIDS HE's joining in heaven.

June 25, 2009 at 10:54 pm |
  7. Julia from Malaysia

same as i say for my comment before., whole wide world fans of MJ will miss u so much.. My husband loved u so much too.. You are not alone MJ, we all world wide fans of you on your side all the second, minute, hour and forever... U A NOT ALONE... since u 5year untill forever and ever... peace and love.. please god take care of my MJ.. MJ u r not alone, god with u... we all with u too...

June 25, 2009 at 10:49 pm |
  8. mazen abdo

ohh michael
    will miss you will miss your news &mpic and evry thing

mjarabia miss you so much.

slam alecom
    السلام عليكم
    أرجو أن يذكره العالم با الخير وأرجو أن يذكرو محاسنه كان أسطوره حيه وهو فعلا أسطوره
    مايكل توفي وترك لنا موسيقاه الموأثره في هذا العال

June 25, 2009 at 10:48 pm |
  9. DINA S CARAZO

Michael Jakson,the legend we will never forget.
    Michael will be inour hearts forever........We never forget the HIHIHIHIHI
    We always love you.......Dina S Carazo.

June 25, 2009 at 10:43 pm |
  10. Dottie

What a great loss! He strived to achieve fame and could never enjoy his life after he became famous. This happens all too often!

June 25, 2009 at 10:43 pm |
  11. Crystal

'U will always in my mind' LOVE U M.J

June 25, 2009 at 10:25 pm |
  12. Julia

MJ dead... no no no.....!!!! i loved MJ very much.....i cry in my car when i listen to the radio when send my husband to work.. its not right... my husband loved MJ very much too.. He loved do MJ dance n song n evrythg about MJ. He do MJ dance at Hilton Hotel in Sanya, China.. i also waiting for the in coming concert started on July 2009... but he go before the concert... no no no nooooo.... I LOVE U MJ....

June 25, 2009 at 10:16 pm |
  13. Julie Huffman

I am so sad for michael jacksons family and the world. We truly lost a talented, special human being. I remember when elvis died, and my mom and her friends so upset. Today I understand the sadness they had. I grew up in what you call a redneck town and alot of bad comments were made when michael was going through the most difficult times in his life. I supported him all the way and argued with many people in his best interest. He was special and that is what made him different. I love the saying he made that he loved children because they told him the truth. It just proves one more time you should never judge a person by the way they look or what you hear. What a sad day for the family and fans but what a great day in heaven in that they have been blessed with one more of gods special children. God bless the family. Our prayers are with you.

June 25, 2009 at 9:55 pm |
  14. yvette Hains

People often give negative comments about what Michael Jackson did to his appearance. Well, I can understand why and I'm sure many African-Americans born in this country can understand. When all the images you see that are deemed as positive in America are white faces. Michael didn't have a positve image of himself because of this country which is why he tried to change his color and the structure of his face. People asked why but deep inside they know. African-American children today I'm sure go through the same negative feeling that Michael felt. This is what America does to African-Americans. It will be this way as long as they live here. Caucasians don't know this. Yes, they're so blessed that they've never had to feel this. I don't feel this comment will be shown because who wants to hear the truth?

June 25, 2009 at 9:53 pm |
  15. Sabrina in Las Vegas

What about Farrah? She died from cancer and didn't have a scandelous life....maybe that is why she is not being reported on?

June 25, 2009 at 9:29 pm |
  16. Michael

Wow! What a shock and loss. I hope he did not suffer and I hope he is at peace now. My heart goes out to his family and friends. He was such an amazing person and such an amazing icon. MJ was such a major part of American music history. Only a few can compare to him.

June 25, 2009 at 8:53 pm |
  17. lutrell

i will remember michael for the joy that he bought we all have fallen short rest in peace michael we love you

June 25, 2009 at 8:47 pm |
  18. linda

So sad today, Michael and Farrah, thank you so much for all you gave. You have brought us joy and inspiration and loved to dance with you. Memories of great times!

June 25, 2009 at 8:31 pm |
  19. lutrell

michael jackson will be greatly missed he was a ledgen he made a lot of people very happy we will always remember him for the joy we will remember the positive things about him, michael was very much loved God bless and keep his family they will be in our prayers

June 25, 2009 at 8:25 pm |
  20. tammy

rest in peace Jackson

June 25, 2009 at 8:22 pm |
  21. sofiat

anderson! can u just tell ur collegues to stop saying terrible things about MJ.... may his soul rest him peace

June 25, 2009 at 8:08 pm |
  22. M Creptine

Please, please hold off on the negative crucifixion of our Michael. We are in deep deep mourning of our beloved Michael, it is sad..please hold off on trying to kill him over and over. Please give this night to celebrate his gift of happiness and joy to us. Have some decency. Your new sensationalism is CRUEL and it feels like you are stabbing us in our heat. Step back a day or two....

June 25, 2009 at 8:06 pm |
  23. Linda

RIP Michael...

June 25, 2009 at 8:03 pm |
  24. Linda

Many condolences to the Jackson family. Micheal was truly the "King of Pop".

June 25, 2009 at 8:01 pm |
  25. Lampe

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family,mostly to his three young children. I am 54 years old, and have been listening to Michael and The Jackson Five for over 40 years. This just goes to prove, that you do not know from one day to the next, what is going to happen to you. I think it is time for all people of all races and all religions, and all political parties, to put these mean hate filled remarks about each other to rest. Michael, was a man well beyond his music, he crossed racial lines better than anyone else I know. And, my prayers also go out Farrah's family.

June 25, 2009 at 7:52 pm |
  26. Scott-Rancho Santa Margarita,CA

A brilliant but tortured soul. Now he is free from all the hanger ons that I saw first hand at Dodger stadium during his Thriller tour in the 1980s.

June 25, 2009 at 7:49 pm |
  27. Itai

he is the king/god of pop!
    he is a legend!

many condolations!!!

to loose such a great famous and fascinating legend is one of the woerst losses that hurt the world

his music was and is and will be history for ever!

its a tragic black pop music day

he was the king of pop over the whole world!

may he rest in peace
    !!!

"we are the world
    we are the children
    we are the ones who make a better place so lets start giving..."

June 25, 2009 at 7:02 pm |
  28. ronvan

brings to reality that we are all human. One of the greatest performers of our time & will be sorely missed. Forgive him for his human frailities and remember him for what he gave us.

June 25, 2009 at 7:00 pm |
  29. Jane

I don't think I can take anymore sad news today. The death of Farrah Fawcett and now our beloved Michael Jackson. It is a very sad day indeed. God Bless these two wonderful people. I will surely miss them. Rest in peace Farrah Fawcett, and Michael Jackson.

June 25, 2009 at 6:59 pm |
  30. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

My hearts goes to Michael Jackson's family......... Hope they will deal with heart attack, cope and comfortable for Jacksons....... My thoughts and prayers with Jacksons family..... Michael Jackson was my favorite singer, he was really good dance his video...........My heart breaking for Jacksons family.

June 25, 2009 at 6:58 pm |
  31. melvin

RIP Micheal you were the greatest.

June 25, 2009 at 6:52 pm |
  32. Liz - in Tacoma,Wa.

The loss of three major entertainment figures this week they are much loved and will be missed. How sad and what a loss for the music industry Michael was so young and we all grew up with his ups and downs.
    Peace to the family.

June 25, 2009 at 6:52 pm |
  33. Rachel

I truly believe this man was completely exploited by our media in reguards to his legal trouble w/ children. I think he was childlike in nature, and just loved children, and that was turned around into making him look like a monster to the public. He loved kids and connected with them bottom line! He was a legend in my growing up years, and we all need to honor him for that. I feel horrible for the stress he had to go through on legal issues which I believe was most innocent. He was a good hearted person, and am so sad he is no longer with us.

June 25, 2009 at 6:46 pm |
  34. Concerned

If I was in the Jackson family, I woud sue L.A. Times for putting that information out there before the family could announce his condition. It is imperative that people should pray and wait for the family to make that announcement. LA Times is one of those money hungry businesses that would put information out on someone before making certain their information is accurate.

June 25, 2009 at 6:45 pm |
  35. Deborah in Blue Springs MO

Michael Jackson will always be remembered by my family as an amazing performer with incalculable talent.
    I am sad today. So, so sad...

June 25, 2009 at 6:43 pm |
  36. Eli

Just heard Michael died moments ago. How sad it is to see two epic dynamo stars disappear from the world in one day. Its a sad day.

June 25, 2009 at 6:30 pm |
  37. lexisaay

Aww, poor michael !
    He died so youngg ! :((

June 25, 2009 at 6:25 pm |
  38. Isabel, Brazil

Two big losses today!

The artistic world is full of grief! And we fans too!

June 25, 2009 at 6:24 pm |
  39. Mary

Some are reporting that Michael has passed.

June 25, 2009 at 6:24 pm |
  40. Marsha

our local News station wxyz detroit annoced that Micheal Jackson has pass away. Is this true

June 25, 2009 at 6:20 pm |
  41. Andrew Furco

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that the reports here in Europe are all saying that Michael Jackson has died. They first this reported more than a half hour ago.

Andy

June 25, 2009 at 6:18 pm |
  42. Laura

Several sources are reporting that he died.

June 25, 2009 at 6:16 pm |
  43. GF, Los Angeles

I've been reading elsewhere that he died. If he did...RIP.

June 25, 2009 at 6:06 pm |
  44. Lydia

He died

June 25, 2009 at 6:02 pm |
  45. Benigna Marko

My prayers go out to the family. I have so much respect for him.
    Benigna Marko

June 25, 2009 at 6:02 pm |
  46. Cindy

Shocking to hear that Michael is in such bad shape. There are conflicting reports if he survived or not but my prayers go out to him and his family.

Cindy..Ga.

June 25, 2009 at 6:01 pm |
  47. dennese edgerton

New York's Fox affiliate and TMZ reporting that Michael J is dead.

June 25, 2009 at 6:01 pm |
  48. yvette woods

I just heard that he passed away. Please confirm as radio stations are reporting his death.

June 25, 2009 at 6:01 pm |